• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
So, as much as I would love to browse through all 110 pages of this thread to find my answer, room mate Afro Thundah wants to know if they do cash prizes for the tournaments, aka if it's worth his money to fly out to Otakon with the boyfriend and myself.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
So, as much as I would love to browse through all 110 pages of this thread to find my answer, room mate Afro Thundah wants to know if they do cash prizes for the tournaments, aka if it's worth his money to fly out to Otakon with the boyfriend and myself.
so you just want to fly from FL to go Otakon, just for brawl tournament.. ? :laugh:

it's not worth it, buddy

edit: there is no cash prize btw...

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
so you just want to fly from FL to go Otakon, just for brawl tournament.. ? :laugh:

it's not worth it, buddy

Totally agree, not worth it. If you're flying to Otakon, you should fly to enjoy the con itself/hang out with friends.

~rh

Smash Lord
no there arent any cash prizes that i know of its only a trophy and most likely whats happening this year too xD
Yeah CK is right, they took out the Best Buy gift cards a year or two ago cause of "legal issues" or some dumb **** and replaced them with trophies.

Still, Ginger, come anyways. :psycho:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Are you guys seriously entering the Brawl tourny? You're only at the con for two and a half days and you're gonna spend an hour waiting in line for Brawl of ALL things?!

It's not worth it, trust me.

BMX

Smash Lord
Are you guys seriously entering the Brawl tourny? You're only at the con for two and a half days and you're gonna spend an hour waiting in line for Brawl of ALL things?!

Are you guys seriously entering the Melee tourney? You're only at the con for two and a half days and you're gonna spend an hour waiting in line for Melee of ALL things?!

Gingerr

Smash Lord

it's not worth it, buddy

My friend does, he doesn't care about anime cons, he cares about winning Brawl tournaments, lol.

gingerr.......do you know someone named neko
Yes.

Yeah CK is right, they took out the Best Buy gift cards a year or two ago cause of "legal issues" or some dumb **** and replaced them with trophies.

Still, Ginger, come anyways. :psycho:
I've had my plane ticket for months now, I couldn't care less about any tournaments they're holding there, to be honest.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Cafe, if you win can I have your trophy? :(
i don't think it's going to be a trophy again D: lol

it's no big deal, i already plan what to do at Otakon anyway..
there is plenty of time lol (like last year lol everything went perfect)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, but we're only there a brief time and it's a big waste to spend an hour of it waiting doing nothing. If you weren't in the line with me last year I wouldn't have waited lol. If there's like a $50 prize or card of some kind or if you win you get a free pass to next year's Otakon then yeah I'd wait. But for a trophy again? No, I don't think so.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Yeah, but we're only there a brief time and it's a big waste to spend an hour of it waiting doing nothing. If you weren't in the line with me last year I wouldn't have waited lol. If there's like a $50 prize or card of some kind or if you win you get a free pass to next year's Otakon then yeah I'd wait. But for a trophy again? No, I don't think so.
I don't think it's going to be a trophy again ! LOL I'm sure

and don't be silly, it's like waiting in the line to register for Otakon, but I pre-reg.. so I have like 2-3 extra hours

:)

Top Bottom