• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Amateur's Almighty- A Mewtwo Guide by Quak

quak

Smash Champion
tech chasing with a dair isn't a bad idea, but i meant that it's not legit the same way that disable is not legit. I tech chase with disable all the time, but that's the only way i can ever get it off.

PDRK

Smash Rookie
yes If they DI from right to left from an up-throw at 0%, the lag won't let em jump and they fall faster to the ground so you could grab them again, the next time you attack. If they DI elsewhere then that's a different story, think of something, but most of them will DI right or left XD If I'm still wrong then explain in detail and I'll try again. I've also tried it in training, just set one of the space animals to evade, do it and see what happens.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
**** you musta been bored.
but its some good ****. im gonna try to read some of this. maybe it'll make my m2 **** sort of like yours.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
i love you guide. thank you. im still not gettin The Instant Double Jump Cancel lol. someone explain in simpler words?

quak

Smash Champion
hit jump jump fair

l cancel

the desired effect is to get an aerial out faster than shffling

if you don't have quick hands, look at it in practice melee

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
When you attack in the beginning of Mewtwo's second jump you stop your jump; you stop going up. So you're doing an aerial attack really close to the ground.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
To SUNC, all you have to do is run off the edge and teleport to the ledge?

Opal

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo is the only character that i play at all...i have another main but yeh, Mewtwo is too fun to play

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
Very comprehensive guide. I commend you. It's touch to find good Mewtwo guides, as not many people seriously use him.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The confusion "glitch" isnt a glitch. Confusion has the properties of confusing your opponenent. ANY thin platform in the game that you can pass thru allows m2 to pull ppl thru.

corneria
pokestadium(earliest of versions) mainly the left side
battlefield
mute city
brinstar
plus others

quak

Smash Champion
yeah... im not really going to update the guide

i play mewtwo alot differently than what the guide guides ppl to now, metagame has changed, staying on the ground is alot more important for m2 to do. There for alot more emphasis on DJC fairs/upairs, in addition shadowball charge almost never works, same odds of working now as disable or confusion. (not impossible, but impractical) also, i don't play the conventional mewtwo, no one does, cause there's like 4 of us in the world, and we all play hella different. etc etc etc. johns johns johns

point is, no more guide, it's outdated, and i don't have any will to update it

PK Webb

Smash Champion
yeah... im not really going to update the guide

i play mewtwo alot differently than what the guide guides ppl to now, metagame has changed, staying on the ground is alot more important for m2 to do. There for alot more emphasis on DJC fairs/upairs, in addition shadowball charge almost never works, same odds of working now as disable or confusion. (not impossible, but impractical) also, i don't play the conventional mewtwo, no one does, cause there's like 4 of us in the world, and we all play hella different. etc etc etc. johns johns johns

point is, no more guide, it's outdated, and i don't have any will to update it

Very much understandable i guess any questions we should go to Taj i assume. Maybe one day taj will create a updated guide.......just a thought

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
just picking melee back up. i've been playing brawl instead of melee since it was released and have gotten out of practice. just want to say thanks for this thread.

Xyless

Smash Master
I know how you feel Popo. I'm still having problems transitioning back after going back to Melee a month or two ago.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
two things

1. you should mention that although his over-b doesnt actually reflect stuff, it can do damage with certain projectiles. namely, link and yl bombs, peaches bombs, and i think thats it(any item that explodes, though those dont really matter since theyre banned)

2. could you explain how to do a dtilt- jc grab?

StarGalaxy777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarGalaxy
two things

1. you should mention that although his over-b doesnt actually reflect stuff, it can do damage with certain projectiles. namely, link and yl bombs, peaches bombs, and i think thats it(any item that explodes, though those dont really matter since theyre banned)

1.I thought that was common sense?

@2.A Jump-canceled grab (abbreviated "JC'd grab") can be performed by jump-canceling a run or dash with a grab, by attempting to grab while still in the jumping animation. This is usually done by pressing X, Y, or up on the control stick, then pressing Z immediately afterwards. The character performs the standing grab animation while sliding forward slightly (depending on traction). For most characters, JC'd grabs have less startup and/or cooldown lag than standard dash-grabs.
Jump-Canceled grabs usually have slightly larger hitboxes than standard (though still smaller than actual dash-) grabs, and are primarily used in chain-grabs with throws of forward trajectory (such as Captain Falcon's down throw) or involving enemy DI (such as Mr. Game & Watch's up throw chain grab.)

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
two things

i was actually wrong about the first thing

reflecting ANYTHING with confusion makes it so that thing no longer does damage. even bombs

check it. http://i.imgur.com/6ty1s.gif

TIN0

Smash Cadet
NNID
FarmingEIAS
3DS FC
1907-8613-7842
Thanks for this guide. It was really helpful and i learned a lot! Thanks again

Top Bottom