• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The alluring succubus Morrigan Aensland enters the fray

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Now that some people actually posted to keep me from double-posting, here are my ideas for her moveset in Smash.

Attributes

Weight = 95.0 (Pac-Man, Roy, Robin)
Run Speed = 1.655 (Samus)
Dash Speed = 1.75 (Snake > x > Mii Swordfighter)
Air Speed = 1.155 (Sheik, Cloud)

Moveset

1. Passive

- Similar to Ryu and Ken, Morrigan has inputs depending on how hard the button is pressed. Tapped inputs are weaker, yet faster, while held inputs are stronger, yet slower.
- In 1v1 battles, she will always face her opponent.

Flight

- Morrigan does not have an actual double jump. Instead, pressing jump after her first jump will send her into flight mode for around 5 seconds before she enters free fall.

Illusion Gauge

- Her HUD will have a bar that fills up through the use of special moves, dealing damage, taking damage, or shielding. However, special moves fill up the gauge faster. When at full power, she can hold this full power for 15 seconds before the gauge restarts to 0, similar to Cloud's limit. By pressing Down-B, she triggers Darkness Illusion. This meter is only present if the stage is symmetrical (FD, Battlefield, etc)

- The Illusion Gauge will deplete while she is in Darkness Illusion. Darkness Illusion lasts for 30 seconds. Hitting Morrigan will deplete the gauge faster and make her lose Darkness Illusion faster, much akin to Arsene.

Darkness Illusion

- During this state, the screen will recenter and Lilith will appear on the other side of the stage, relative to the position of Morrigan with respect to stage (for example, if Morrigan is near the ledge, Lilith will appear at the opposite side). Crossing the center of the stage will automatically make Morrigan and Lilith switch sides. Also during this state, Morrigan is "locked" into one side of the stage. IF her opponent is at the same half of teh stage as her and she does not face her/him, Morrigan will no longer face her opponent automatically, and she has to switch positions manually to face him or her.

- Morrigan cannot also do grabs or throws during this state. Pressing grab will make Morrigan and Lilith switch positions instead. This helps with her adjusting to face her opponent.

- While in Darkness Illusion State, all damage she deals is lessened by 50%, and has reduced launch power. However, it gives her extended hitstun, and also, all knockback is reduced. This allows her to do combos that, while low in damage, can trap the opponent in hitstun unless they SDI.

- Lilith is invincible during this state. In addition, Morrigan takes less damage from projectiles, but more damage from melee attacks. She is also easier to launch at this state.

- Finally, if both Morrigan and Lilith hit the opponent at the same time (center of the stage where both attacks connect), damage is multiplied by twice the percentage that would have been inflicted if she was not in Darkness Illusion state. (for example, let's say jab does 10% damage. It deals 5% when either Morrigan or Lilith hit an opponent in DI state, but deals 20% if both Morrigan and Lilith hit the opponent at the same time, and if both hits connect).

2. Moveset

1. Jab - (T) Whiffs her hair. (H) A punch, followed by a kick, and later, another kick.
  2. Dash attack - Tumbles and does a kick.
  3. F-Tilt - (T) whips her hand in front of her. (H) Turns her hand into a drill like piercer.
  4. U-Tilt- (T) does a short uppercut. (H) kicks in an upward motion.
  5. D-Tilt- (T) punches in front of her while crouching. (H) kicks while crouching.
  6. F-Smash- Lashes out spines in front of her.
  7. Up-Smash- Raises a spine in front of her, like Bayonetta's Wicked Weaves Up-Smash, except with smaller hitbox.
  8. Down-Smash- Uses her wings to sweep both sides in a circular motion.
  9. Up-Throw - Uppercuts the opponent upward using a spike from the ground.
  10. F-Throw - Extends her arm forward, opponent in hand, and tosses the opponent forward.
  11. B-Throw - Same as Ken's b-throw.
  12. D-Throw - This throw depends on the opponent's gender. If it's female or genderless (ROB, etc), it's the same as Ryu's D-throw. If it's a male, she lays the opponent on the floor and kisses him, then knockback is similar to Ryu's, except here, she recovers 3% of her health, but stales.
  13. Nair - Lashes out her spines in different directions. Envelopes her in a hitbox, and has sex kick properties.
  14. Fair - Kicks forward, and has sex kick properties.
  15. Uair - Punches upward in an uppercut position, kinda like Ryu's Uair.
  16. Dair - Dives downward, like Ridley's, though it has a drill at her legs.
  17. Bair - Turns her legs into a drill that hits backward.
  18. NeutralB - Soul Fist - Fires a Hadouken-like projectile. If used airborne, it hits diagonally instead of forward, much like Sheik's needles.
  19. UpB - Shadow Blade - Multihit Shoryuken.
  20. SideB (depends if the stage is symmetrical) - Vector Drain - Command Grab similar to Bowser's. / Merry Turn - Echoed from Lilith. basically Tatsu. While in DI State, she loses Vector Drain in exchange for Merry Turn. If the stage is asymmetrical, she starts with Merry Turn.
  21. DownB (depends if the stage is symmetrical) - Darkness Illusion - will only proc if gauge is full / Shell Kick - jumps upward and dives downward, similar to Mii Brawler's custom special
  22. Final Smash - Finishing Shower.
I really like this moveset especially her D-Throw where Morrigan kisses her male opponents, i will love to see her do that in Smash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Mind if I sneak onto the supporters list?

Never played Darkstalkers but Morrigan would be neat to see.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I support. Morrigan is more of a crossover character than a Darkstalkers one anyways.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I believe Mai slaughtered Morrigan.
However, despite the accusation, I do enjoy the Morrigan character and acknowledge her historic importance in regard to Capcom and their franchises.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I see her chances diminish. Though I see her more as Bayonetta. Many say how come Bayonetta is in? Well Bayonetta actually is more covered, and does not use much of her hair in Smash Bros, while Mai clearly is too endowing. Morrigan too, shows a bit more skin but nowhere near as "bouncy" as Mai.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, Mai showed way too much skin, to the point that not even her safer outfits are seen as an option. Her most usual look is too iconic to ignore.

Thanks CERO, looks like I can officially stop hoping for one of my characters forever. :glare:

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Mai showed way too much skin, to the point that not even her safer outfits are seen as an option. Her most usual look is too iconic to ignore.

Thanks CERO, looks like I can officially stop hoping for one of my characters forever. :glare:
Your hope is your strongest weapon never lose it, my firends

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I believe Mai slaughtered Morrigan.
However, despite the accusation, I do enjoy the Morrigan character and acknowledge her historic importance in regard to Capcom and their franchises.
ive said it before and i say it again... Morrigan only needs to be as sexy as Bayonetta and Doom guy needs to only be as violent as Ridley. While sexynes of morrigan is an important factor.. is not her ONLY defining trait. and is only essential in one super.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Recently I saw a fan made Morrigan Smash Bros trailer in the shared content section of the game. It’s what sold this idea for me. And I honestly think Morrigan wouldn’t have any trouble at all regarding CERO. At least not as much as some would think.

If I remember correctly, some designs have more covered than others. And then she could have her casual wear as a costume. And she doesn’t even use fire arms like Bayonetta. So she should have even less roadblocks. Of course that’s ignoring her competition from Capcom.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Recently I saw a fan made Morrigan Smash Bros trailer in the shared content section of the game. It’s what sold this idea for me. And I honestly think Morrigan wouldn’t have any trouble at all regarding CERO. At least not as much as some would think.

If I remember correctly, some designs have more covered than others. And then she could have her casual wear as a costume. And she doesn’t even use fire arms like Bayonetta. So she should have even less roadblocks. Of course that’s ignoring her competition from Capcom.
Yeah, Morrigan biggest issue is mainly how many smash worth characters Capcom have and that she needs to compete against resident evil, monster Hunter, devil may cry, etc etc ... Everything else is pretty workable... And I just saw jedah's moveset on Capcom vs marvel infinite... If they were willing to compromise a character that attacks with it self blood and auto mutilation, and making him the reaper of grape juice in order to make the game for ages 12+ and still look decent, I don't think Morrigan Is any bigger challenge than bayo.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
One thing the fan trailer suggested is Lilith as a costume. But I don't think that would happen at all. It was an interesting idea though.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Personally I would love if lillith is instead integrated in her moveset... But if not, at least on taunts and victory screens like Morgana in joker... While lillith as a costume is something I would like, lillith moves are so different from Morrigan that would feel a little... Meh... Maybe an echo but I wouldn't count on it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Personally I would love if lillith is instead integrated in her moveset... But if not, at least on taunts and victory screens like Morgana in joker... While lillith as a costume is something I would like, lillith moves are so different from Morrigan that would feel a little... Meh... Maybe an echo but I wouldn't count on it.
I think Morrigan and Lilith could easily work as Echo Fighters like Simon and Richter, where the latter is an Echo Fighter of the former, but they're technically both borrowing moves from each other for their movesets.

It wouldn't even be the first time something like that was done with Morrigan. The first Marvel vs. Capcom game had a version of her called "Lilith-Mode Morrigan", who was essentially the same character, but with a color-swap and moveset alterations inspired by Lilith.

D

Deleted member

I think Morrigan and Lilith could easily work as Echo Fighters like Simon and Richter, where the latter is an Echo Fighter of the former, but they're technically both borrowing moves from each other for their movesets.

It wouldn't even be the first time something like that was done with Morrigan. The first Marvel vs. Capcom game had a version of her called "Lilith-Mode Morrigan", who was essentially the same character, but with a color-swap and moveset alterations inspired by Lilith.

The Darkness Illusion DLC passive/meter I proposed is kind of similar to that.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Took a stab at designing a Smash fan moveset for Morrigan, taking from the Darkstalkers games, Marvel vs. Capcom, Lilith, and even Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo...

• Animations, Alternate Colors, and Mechanics
    • Auto-Facing - In a 1-vs-1 match, Morrigan will automatically face her opponent.
    • Directional Inputs - Morrigan's Special Moves can be used with either traditional Smash tilts, or with the original directional inputs from her home series. Using directional inputs will result in a more powerful ES version of the move.
    • Dark Force Meter - A meter fills up whenever Morrigan takes and deals damage. When using Mimic Doll, the meter will start decreasing.
    • Air Dash - Morrigan can perform her dash in the air, both forwards and backwards.
    • Up Taunt - A group of bats appears and Morrigan sits down briefly.
    • Side Taunt - Morrigan shakes her head in disappointment.
    • Down Taunt - Morrigan's attire briefly morphs into a traditional leather top and shorts with leggings and her hair let down.
    • Default Color - Black leather top and wings, purple leggings, and green hair.
    • Alternate Color 1 - Black leather top and wings, red leggings, and blonde hair (Darkstalkers Player 2 color)
    • Alternate Color 2 - Red leather top and wings, green leggings, and silver hair (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 alt color)
    • Alternate Color 3 - Magenta leather top and wings, pink leggings, and purple hair (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 alt color)
    • Alternate Color 4 - Red leather top and wings, light blue leggings, and pink hair (Lilith)
    • Alternate Color 5 - White leather top and wings, blue leggings, and blue hair (Felicia)
    • Alternate Color 6 - Blue leather top and wings, red leggings, and brown hair (Demitri Maximoff)
    • Alternate Color 7 - Purple leather top and wings, red leggings, and red yellow hair (Jedah Dohma)
    • Victory Animation 1 - Morrigan's wings morph into a swarm of bats. As she sits down, her sister Lilith appears and hugs her.
    • Victory Animation 2 - Morrigan's wings morph into a swarm of bats as she lies down in the prone position while facing towards the camera.
    • Victory Animation 3 - Morrigan spins around while her attire and hair morph into a pink gi and ponytail. Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter Alpha then rolls onscreen, and the two perform his signature thumbs-up taunt.
  • Normal Attacks
    • Neutral Jab Combo - Low kick, followed by a mule kick.
    • Forward Tilt - Mule kick
    • Up Tilt - Performs a high kick that slices.
    • Down Tilt - A punch followed by a hand thrust.
    • Forward Smash - Summons an array of spikes from her wings to jab the opponent.
    • Up Smash - Morrigan's wings morph a giant arrowhead on the ground that shoots up.
    • Down Smash - Swings both her legs around her in a circle.
    • Dash Attack - Morrigan somersaults forward while kicking, her legs forming slicing blades.
    • Aerial Neutral - Morrigan's wings create an array of spikes that enclose her, hitting anything around her.
    • Aerial Forward Tilt - Aerial forward kick.
    • Aerial Backward Tilt - Performs Shell Kick, using her wings to create a drill around her legs.
    • Aerial Up Tilt - Somersaults and kicks upwards.
    • Aerial Down Tilt - Uses her wings to create a drill around her legs and drops down.
    • Grab Attack - Morrigan's hair lashes out and strikes the opponent.
    • Forward Throw - Morrigan's wings morph onto her hand and into a detachable claw that sends the opponent flying away.
    • Backward Throw - Morrigan's wings morph into a hand and a bow, which fires the opponent backwards.
    • Up Throw - Performs Vector Drain, flying upwards with the opponent and piledrives them into the ground.
    • Down Throw - Flips and performs a backdrop.
  • Special Attacks
    • Neutral Special (↓↘→ + Attack) - Soul Fist: Morrigan shoots a multi-colored, skull-shaped fireball from her fist. When used in the air, the fireball travels diagonally downwards. The ES version travels faster.
    • Side Special - Parasite Roll (↓↙← + Attack): Morrigan leaps forward while spinning, her wings forming blades that also spin and slice opponents. The ES version travels farther and faster.
    • Up Special - Shadow Blade (→↓↘ + Attack): Morrigan leaps upwards with her wings forming a blade around her arm, hitting an opponent multiple times. The ES version travels faster, farther and higher.
    • Down Special - Mimic Doll: Morrigan summons a shadow double of herself that mimics her movements and attacks, similar to the Ice Climbers. How long the double lasts depends on how much the Dark Force Meter has been filled prior, with the max amount of time being 10 seconds.
    • Final Smash: Morrigan has two different Final Smashes, with which one she performs depending on how close or far she is from any opponents.
      • Soul Eraser: When far from an opponent, Morrigan's wings morph into a large laser cannon and fired a gigantic laser.
      • Darkness Illusion: When close to an opponent, Morrigan performs a high kick. If she connects, Lilith appears and the two perform a series of strikes and kicks on an opponent before smashing them away.
  • Music
  • Spirits
    • Demitri Maximoff
    • Jon Talbain
    • Victor von Gerdenheim
    • Lord Raptor
    • Anakaris
    • Felicia
    • Bishamon
    • Rikuo Aulbath
    • Sasquatch
    • Pyron
    • Hsien-Ko
    • Donovan Baine
    • Anita
    • Baby Bonnie Hood
    • Lilith
    • Jedah Dohma

Last edited:

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
All right every one me and another user will be giving the thread some changes comming 2020 as it is its bare bones and I genuinely want to improve

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
All right every one me and another user will be giving the thread some changes comming 2020 as it is its bare bones and I genuinely want to improve
Nice

I recommend putting the Nostalgic gamer video on the main post since is a great introduction to teh character. that channel has also a review of the importance of darkstalkers as a whole, but that video is a little long (over an hour) Still i would suggest at least a small section talking about the importance of darkstalkers, and the special treatment capcom gives to the saga in crossover games.

Let's go MorriGANG

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Heyo I'm a p big Capcom fan and I'd love to see Morrigan in!! I love the Darkstalkers verse so I made this p cool spirit board for herrr
Spirit_Board_DS.png
Spirit_Board_DS2.png

Last edited:

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing great suggestions the nostalgic gamer video is most definitely going up and ill try to see about
a banner

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Morrigan gets my undying support. Darkstalkers has become one of my favorite series and with Capcom's rep being such a toss up at the moment, there's a little voice inside me nudging me and telling me that it's possible by some miracle. Not that I'm seriously holding my breath but... yeah. Morrigan is one of my most wanted characters and any support I can toss her way I will.

Since it wasn't mentioned here before I did want to mention, this screencap looked a bit familiar to me...
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1220541858310307841

1579914027313.png 1579914061488.png

(Of course, Sakurai referencing a game doesn't mean much in regards to that character's inclusion, I just thought it was neat if I interpreted it correctly)

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Morrigan gets my undying support. Darkstalkers has become one of my favorite series and with Capcom's rep being such a toss up at the moment, there's a little voice inside me nudging me and telling me that it's possible by some miracle. Not that I'm seriously holding my breath but... yeah. Morrigan is one of my most wanted characters and any support I can toss her way I will.

Since it wasn't mentioned here before I did want to mention, this screencap looked a bit familiar to me...

View attachment 259548View attachment 259549

(Of course, Sakurai referencing a game doesn't mean much in regards to that character's inclusion, I just thought it was neat if I interpreted it correctly)
Nice find, yeah, it doesn't means much.. and still can be just a "light" versus "Dark" little coincidence. but it would be nice that sakurai akcowledges teh game.

The fact about darkstalkers i sthat why not a sale's success, seems to be a very popular game among game developers. (and imo is a master class of character design)

Not for nothing there are tons of people that like Morrigan, Felicia and other darkstalkers characters they have been exposed to, but have 0 idea it was an actual game.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 259548View attachment 259549

Since when did screencaps ever become that significant anyways smh

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The fact about darkstalkers is that why not a sale's success, seems to be a very popular game among game developers. (and imo is a master class of character design)
Yeah definitely, like how I learned the other day that Morrigan was heavily considered for Tekken. It's a shame it never amounted to anything but in any case I find the fact she was considered pretty awesome in itself.

I think that Darkstalkers' impact on fighting games is pretty understated, its unique playstyle influencing several of its successors and the amazingly expressive cast of characters standing the test of time and transcending the popularity of the game itself. If nothing else, Darkstalkers was a net success in that regard.

Top Bottom