• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The alluring succubus Morrigan Aensland enters the fray

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice

Who is Morrigan Anseland
Morrigan is the daughter of long passed noble and is unhappy with her position and explores the human world

ALL I can do is hope

MOVESET
NETRUAL B
Soul Fist
Side B
Cryptic needle
UP B
ShadowBlade
Down B
shell kick
Final Smashes
1. soul eraser
2. Darkness illusion

REASON FOR INCLUSION
abside from the only thing keeping Darstalkers From obscurity it's that Morrigan's personality fits well for smash along with a few other characters like hesenko Darkstalkers is my favorite franchise for the stories it tells with its characters like Morrigan shes a playful imposing yet approach able girl who enjoys the human world the characters and atmosphere the tales it weaves are captavating I hope she makes a scene

THINGS IN FAVOR FOR INCLUSION
as stated shes been in crossover limbo ever since 1997 but its because of this shes been every where since shes been in a plethora of crossover games ranging from every marvel vs capcom game to inifinte egde she has appeard on a nintendo console prior and during smash 4 development that game being , project x zone and project x zone 2 she has made a well lasting impression apperance aside
THINGS AGAINTS HER INCLUSION
Darkstalkers hasn't seen a title on a Nintendo console ever and there hasn't been a new title in the franchise in 21 years the last game came out in 1997
HER OUTFIT IS TOO SEXY
well obviously she's a succubus what would be the point if it wasn't not a lot really and bayonetta is in the game so that doesnt seem to be the issue
THERE'S ALREADY TWO CAPCOM REPS
true Ryu and Mega Man but capcom has a whole slew of eligible characters that are perfect for smash relevant or no such as strider, captain commando , any street fighter character ever (except dan), zero from Megaman zero, Tron bonne from Megaman legends and many many more look at Konami they got 3 Richter Simon and snake
IN CONCLUSION
morrigan would be part of a dream come true a dream that inculdes the underated but dearly loved​

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could you please update the opening post? You can also set the tag for it to "Work In Progress"(or I'll do it for you if need be).

Right now it's a bit too lacking for what we want.

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love Darkstalkers and Morrigan, they would need to tone down her sexiness for the age rating and also reconsider her 3D design. She looks like ET dressed in drag for Halloween.
the 3d design is some thing that yes needs to be fixed

Could you please update the opening post? You can also set the tag for it to "Work In Progress"(or I'll do it for you if need be).

Right now it's a bit too lacking for what we want.
yeah im stlll new to the website so I dont how to post in the picture or stuff like that

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the 3d design is some thing that yes needs to be fixed

yeah im stlll new to the website so I dont how to post in the picture or stuff like that
It's okay. To post a picture, you can do it a few ways; you can click Attach Files on your Reply options. Or you can click what looks like a small picture among the various tabs up above the reply box. Then, you can upload a picture or put in a url. :)

Moving onto the character, she has some pretty reasonable outfits, and if they simply remove the cleavage by putting on more clothing, it could work fine. At least for her general outfit. However, for actually having her moves work, using her bats to attack actually removes her clothes at times. So they'd have to not use specific attack styles or modify how it works.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
If Sakurai can make Bayo work in Smash than Morrigan should be no problem. I may have to look at her 3D design again but I don't think there's anything from her outfit that needs to be censored. I mean it's not like we're talking about Felicia (I'd rather have her over Morrigan but there's no way in hell she'll be in Smash).

SIAD

Smash Rookie
If Sakurai can make Bayo work in Smash than Morrigan should be no problem. I may have to look at her 3D design again but I don't think there's anything from her outfit that needs to be censored. I mean it's not like we're talking about Felicia (I'd rather have her over Morrigan but there's no way in hell she'll be in Smash).
I have to agree here. I really think that in this day and age, some cleavage won’t be an issue at all. Especially since the entire rest of her body is covered.
Consider me a supporter of this character.

Oh also, IMO this would be a much more representative picture OP:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Morrigan(Darkstalkers).png

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

SIAD

Smash Rookie
That's not "some" cleavage. That's Absolute Cleavage.
I feel weird arguing the semantics of cleavage on Smashboards, but it really isn't, and doesn't even match the description that the TV Tropes page gave.
If anything, they just have to adjust the spacing a little bit so it covers more and they'd be fine.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I support Morrigan to be playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Also support Darkstalker characters :D

NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
I can totally see morrigan being in smash ultimate as DLC, even though we have 3 capcom reps already. But her inclusion would be legit awesome and we could always use another female character among the roster. But they would have to make some adjustments with her outfit though, she's got a little bit of cleavage showing from the top view there, but then again we have bayonetta showing a little skin in her smash attacks. Also it would motivate both capcom and nintendo to port a darkstalkers game or give us a darkstalkers collection on the switch.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Morrigan is being rated in the RTC thread. Come show your support!

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly surprised she is not more popular. People call for Chun Li, but I feel like Morrigan is the kind of character pick Sakurai would choose over the Street Fighter character. It would allow him to introduce another franchise, as well.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly surprised she is not more popular. People call for Chun Li, but I feel like Morrigan is the kind of character pick Sakurai would choose over the Street Fighter character. It would allow him to introduce another franchise, as well.
Morrigan is definitely the most underrated Capcom rep period. Everyone is throwing around Dante, Jill, Amaterasu, etc., but technically she's been with Capcom crossovers since day one. If Capcom ever wants to revive it or just to comply with their crossovers, she's the go-to rep.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can't believe I didn't do this before now, but supporting.

Morrigan is definitely the most underrated Capcom rep period. Everyone is throwing around Dante, Jill, Amaterasu, etc., but technically she's been with Capcom crossovers since day one. If Capcom ever wants to revive it or just to comply with their crossovers, she's the go-to rep.
This. She gets used so often in crossovers that people tend to not even know anything about her home series and they still pick her anyway.

I can certainly see her being underestimated like Terry was. Besides, she can bring her own series' mechanics like :ultryu: and (presumably) Terry do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't believe I didn't do this before now, but supporting.

This. She gets used so often in crossovers that people tend to not even know anything about her home series and they still pick her anyway.

I can certainly see her being underestimated like Terry was. Besides, she can bring her own series' mechanics like :ultryu: and (presumably) Terry do.
Hahaha! I've mained Morrigan in every single Marvel Vs Capcom game, also picked her to complement my team of Mai and Nakoruru in Capcom VS SNK 2.

ChrisG would LOVE this if she were in Smash.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I just realized that I've dropped by this thread a few times already, but never posted. So, support.

D

Deleted member

If I find time to do free stuff, I'm gonna go edit this support thread.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like this character is slept on a bit, I guess it's hard when Resident Evil is considered the top contender for another Capcom character.

D

Deleted member

Halloween is in the air. If Nintendo announces a Halloween Direct...dear Lord don't give me hope...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Support...

this thread is kinda barebones... only recently the idea seems to be taking some steam.. still, Morrigan is the kind of character that wouldn't be chosen by her smash fanbase support anyways :V.

And as ive said in the doom marine thread, as doom marine only needs to be as violent as ridley, morrigan needs to be only as sexy as bayonetta.

I don't think that SEX per se is the only attribute of morrigan, and is more important sexiness than actual sex, actual sex have never been an important part or plot point of any game she have been.. yes is implied that she sometimes have sex off camera, but chrom is also implied to have had sex offcamera...

MurasameBro210456

Smash Rookie
NNID
TerraLobster456
Switch FC
SW-3749-7399-8764

Who is morrigan anseland
Morrigan is the daughter of long passed noble and is un happy with her position and explores the human world

ALL i can do is hope

MOVESET
NETRUAL B
Soul Fist
Side B
Cryptic needle
UP B
ShadowBlade
Down B
shell kick
Final Smashes
1. soul eraser
2. Darkness illusion

REASON FOR INCLUSION
abside from the only thing keeping Darstalkers From obscurity its that morrigan's personality fits well for smash along with a few other characters like hesenko Darkstalkers is my favorite franchise for the stories it tells with its characters like morrigan shes a playful imposing yet aproach able girl who enjoys the human world the characters and atmosphere the tales it weaves are captavating I hope she makes a scene

THINGS IN FAVOR FOR INCLUSION
as stated shes been in crossover limbo ever since 1997 but its because of this shes been every where since shes been in a plethora of crossover games ranging from every marvel vs capcom game to inifinte egde she has appeard on a nintendo console prior and during smash 4 development that game being project x zone and project x zone 2 she has made a well lasting impression apperance aside
THINGS AGAINTS HER INCLUSION
Darkstalkers hasn't seen a title on a nintendo console ever and there hasn't been a new title in the franchise in 21 years the last game came out in 1997
HER OUTIFIT IS TOO SEXY
well obiviously shes a succbus what would be the point if it wasn't not a lot really and bayonetta is in the game so that doesnt seem to be the issue
THERES ALREADY TWO CAPCOM REPS
true Ryu and Mega Man but capcom has a whole slew of eligable characters that are perfect for smash releant or no such as strider , captain comando , any street fighter character ever (execpt dan) , zero from megaman zero , tronn bonn from megaman leagands and many many more look at konami they got 3 richter simon and snake
IN CONCLUSION
morrigan would be part of a dream come true a dream that inculdes the underated but dearly loved​
In full honesty & with all due respect, I highly and strongly prefer Felicia over Morrigan for Smash Bros. if we're talking about Darkstalkers characters in Smash.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
obligatory text i guess...

I do recommend watching this channel Videos if poeple are interested about darkstalkers as a whole.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Support...

this thread is kinda barebones... only recently the idea seems to be taking some steam.. still, Morrigan is the kind of character that wouldn't be chosen by her smash fanbase support anyways :V.

And as ive said in the doom marine thread, as doom marine only needs to be as violent as ridley, morrigan needs to be only as sexy as bayonetta.

I don't think that SEX per se is the only attribute of morrigan, and is more important sexiness than actual sex, actual sex have never been an important part or plot point of any game she have been.. yes is implied that she sometimes have sex off camera, but chrom is also implied to have had sex offcamera...
The only thing that would affect anything is skin exposure, so she can get in easy. Most of the time, the only lust she has is for fighting strong opponents that can defeat her. I mean, there aren't even character bios this time around, so...

In full honesty & with all due respect, I highly and strongly prefer Felicia over Morrigan for Smash Bros. if we're talking about Darkstalkers characters in Smash.
Unfortunately, with the way character inclusion works for this series, she would have to wait for the time being since main characters take priority.

I do want to see how they would handle a spirit for her though, her design seems practically impossible to censor without purists noticing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing that would affect anything is skin exposure, so she can get in easy. Most of the time, the only lust she has is for fighting strong opponents that can defeat her. I mean, there aren't even character bios this time around, so...
I mean, I picture off the back that the heart at the center of the outfit that exposes her skin will be covered just like Bayo's. And probably a slight breast size reduction, like ZSS when she transitioned from Smash 4 to Ultimate.
Unfortunately, with the way character inclusion works for this series, she would have to wait for the time being since main characters take priority.

I do want to see how they would handle a spirit for her though, her design seems practically impossible to censor without purists noticing.
Like I said, Morrigan being the mascot will guarantee her a spot though it's unlikely she'll be included.

There's a censored version of Felicia's artwork tho. Same with Morrigan.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I can see Morrigan fitting in Smash just fine with some minor censoring yeah she would definitely fit in just right.

D

Deleted member

I can see Morrigan fitting in Smash just fine with some minor censoring yeah she would definitely fit in just right.
I already posted my ideas for her censorship, but tl;dr, reduce breast size, show less cleavage, cover the heart at her chest like Bayo's, and try to tone down her dialogue such that it sounds more like she's attracting men in a way that's rated PG.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I really want her, I mean I love the character and she would be a great addition buf if she gets in that could mean no Dante... Well I would still be happy if she gets in I guess

D

Deleted member

Now that some people actually posted to keep me from double-posting, here are my ideas for her moveset in Smash.

Attributes

Weight = 95.0 (Pac-Man, Roy, Robin)
Run Speed = 1.655 (Samus)
Dash Speed = 1.75 (Snake > x > Mii Swordfighter)
Air Speed = 1.155 (Sheik, Cloud)

Moveset

1. Passive

- Similar to Ryu and Ken, Morrigan has inputs depending on how hard the button is pressed. Tapped inputs are weaker, yet faster, while held inputs are stronger, yet slower.
- In 1v1 battles, she will always face her opponent.

Flight

- Morrigan does not have an actual double jump. Instead, pressing jump after her first jump will send her into flight mode for around 5 seconds before she enters free fall.

Illusion Gauge

- Her HUD will have a bar that fills up through the use of special moves, dealing damage, taking damage, or shielding. However, special moves fill up the gauge faster. When at full power, she can hold this full power for 15 seconds before the gauge restarts to 0, similar to Cloud's limit. By pressing Down-B, she triggers Darkness Illusion. This meter is only present if the stage is symmetrical (FD, Battlefield, etc)

- The Illusion Gauge will deplete while she is in Darkness Illusion. Darkness Illusion lasts for 30 seconds. Hitting Morrigan will deplete the gauge faster and make her lose Darkness Illusion faster, much akin to Arsene.

Darkness Illusion

- During this state, the screen will recenter and Lilith will appear on the other side of the stage, relative to the position of Morrigan with respect to stage (for example, if Morrigan is near the ledge, Lilith will appear at the opposite side). Crossing the center of the stage will automatically make Morrigan and Lilith switch sides. Also during this state, Morrigan is "locked" into one side of the stage. IF her opponent is at the same half of teh stage as her and she does not face her/him, Morrigan will no longer face her opponent automatically, and she has to switch positions manually to face him or her.

- Morrigan cannot also do grabs or throws during this state. Pressing grab will make Morrigan and Lilith switch positions instead. This helps with her adjusting to face her opponent.

- While in Darkness Illusion State, all damage she deals is lessened by 50%, and has reduced launch power. However, it gives her extended hitstun, and also, all knockback is reduced. This allows her to do combos that, while low in damage, can trap the opponent in hitstun unless they SDI.

- Lilith is invincible during this state. In addition, Morrigan takes less damage from projectiles, but more damage from melee attacks. She is also easier to launch at this state.

- Finally, if both Morrigan and Lilith hit the opponent at the same time (center of the stage where both attacks connect), damage is multiplied by twice the percentage that would have been inflicted if she was not in Darkness Illusion state. (for example, let's say jab does 10% damage. It deals 5% when either Morrigan or Lilith hit an opponent in DI state, but deals 20% if both Morrigan and Lilith hit the opponent at the same time, and if both hits connect).

2. Moveset

1. Jab - (T) Whiffs her hair. (H) A punch, followed by a kick, and later, another kick.
  2. Dash attack - Tumbles and does a kick.
  3. F-Tilt - (T) whips her hand in front of her. (H) Turns her hand into a drill like piercer.
  4. U-Tilt- (T) does a short uppercut. (H) kicks in an upward motion.
  5. D-Tilt- (T) punches in front of her while crouching. (H) kicks while crouching.
  6. F-Smash- Lashes out spines in front of her.
  7. Up-Smash- Raises a spine in front of her, like Bayonetta's Wicked Weaves Up-Smash, except with smaller hitbox.
  8. Down-Smash- Uses her wings to sweep both sides in a circular motion.
  9. Up-Throw - Uppercuts the opponent upward using a spike from the ground.
  10. F-Throw - Extends her arm forward, opponent in hand, and tosses the opponent forward.
  11. B-Throw - Same as Ken's b-throw.
  12. D-Throw - This throw depends on the opponent's gender. If it's female or genderless (ROB, etc), it's the same as Ryu's D-throw. If it's a male, she lays the opponent on the floor and kisses him, then knockback is similar to Ryu's, except here, she recovers 3% of her health, but stales.
  13. Nair - Lashes out her spines in different directions. Envelopes her in a hitbox, and has sex kick properties.
  14. Fair - Kicks forward, and has sex kick properties.
  15. Uair - Punches upward in an uppercut position, kinda like Ryu's Uair.
  16. Dair - Dives downward, like Ridley's, though it has a drill at her legs.
  17. Bair - Turns her legs into a drill that hits backward.
  18. NeutralB - Soul Fist - Fires a Hadouken-like projectile. If used airborne, it hits diagonally instead of forward, much like Sheik's needles.
  19. UpB - Shadow Blade - Multihit Shoryuken.
  20. SideB (depends if the stage is symmetrical) - Vector Drain - Command Grab similar to Bowser's. / Merry Turn - Echoed from Lilith. basically Tatsu. While in DI State, she loses Vector Drain in exchange for Merry Turn. If the stage is asymmetrical, she starts with Merry Turn.
  21. DownB (depends if the stage is symmetrical) - Darkness Illusion - will only proc if gauge is full / Shell Kick - jumps upward and dives downward, similar to Mii Brawler's custom special
  22. Final Smash - Finishing Shower.

Top Bottom