• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Stars House o' Sigs (OFFICIALLY CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
WELCOME TO OUR SHOP!

ALL STARS CHATROOM!

Rollerking's Section (see further down in the post) Closed Temporarily
Grandeza's Section open
Smaci's Section Closed temporarily
L__'s Section Open
The Dinkoman's Section open
Snucas's Section Open

PLEASE ALWAYS BEGIN YOUR REQUEST WITH WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT. If you don't care, then specifically say that.

Rollerking's Section Below The BIG SHOP THEORY.

Big Shop Theory

The more sig makers we have, the more inherent styles we will have. Meaning that for each person we will have more people who will be able to find ATLEAST one style they like from our shop. Therefor we get more requests.

Now, whenever ONE person gets a request it is a victory for the ENTIRE shop, because when they advertise for us they link to the shop, not just one person. So each request is one more ad for EVERY SINGLE sig maker in the shop. so each sig maker really gets like 8 times the ads that they would in their own shop. and in theory the numbers will grow exponentially.

Now, as far as the concern of one person getting too many requests, or others getting too few, in our shop we all help eachother out. We critique every sig everyone in the shop displays and tell them what they can work on to improve. In addition, if someone is trying to learn a new technique or a new type of sig making (like animations) they can come to any of the more established animators and have them help them out. I have personally helped out 3 people on the shop (so far) substantially with animations. And 2 substantially with sigs. And ALL of them with basic critiquing when they post a sig. I have heard of many other people in the shop helping out fellow shop members as well. I've even had people I recently taught animations to helping me to teach other hopefull animators. Many of us have aim and talk with eachother quite a bit, sometimes collaboratively in chat rooms. With all of this help the lower tier sig makers will be given the opportunity to rise up to the level of the top sig makers in the shop.

The other benefit to having the vast majority of sig makers in our shop is that most people will see 8 people working there and be like, HOLY ****! There are so many things here I don't ever need to go anywhere else, everything I could possibly want is covered. We are in that sence the Home Depot to other shops door making store. We have everything and yet everything is still specialized because there are seperate people doing different areas of work as opposed to one guy being decent at a few forms of sigs, we can be great at all types of sigs, avatars, recolors, animations, video-animation conversions, custom sig rotators, etc.

Our shop helps both the consumers AND the shop owners. It helps the requesters have the option of anything under the sun for their sig while at the same time have it be very customized by someone who specializes in the area they choose. And helps the shop owners by giving them approximately 8 times the advertising, many other people to critique and help with their work, and gives them a place to hang out and talk with eachother about sig making or anything else that may come up. As opposed to the loneliness of a one man shop meerly talking with in and out requesters. You have the opportunity to build friendships with other sig makers and help get eachother to be the best you can be.

All those things and more is what makes up the Big Shop Theory and explains why our shop is so unique and great.

Rollerking's Section

Yo, you in teh Rollerking's kneck of the woods now. Welcome. I don't do much of that boring "non-moving" garbage. Animations, That is where it's at. (Though recently I have been tryin out normal sigs a little more)

Aight. I got A few simple rules you gotta go by. I know rules suck, but it just makes it easier for you and for me.

Teh Rulez:

1) I don't really care about "spam" unless of coarse we are talkin about pit...I don't want to here anything about that n00b character...Anyways, as long as it doesn't get TOO off topic for TOO long I'm G.

2) If you want to contact me, post here, honestly I hardly ever read PMs. If you want to play me and my pika in Brawl feel free to ask here. Just don't spend 20 posts on it.

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE! I have a zero tolerance policy on bashing pika...no, realy...I'm serious. No bashing teh chu on my thread. If I'm doing an animation for you I will wait an extra day to post it. Saying things jokingly is fine. But bein' serious about it...That's a big no no.

4) This goes along with rule 3. Don't ask me to do an animation in which Pikachu loses to anyone other than another pika. I like to tell it like it is, and pika doesn't lose.

5) I don't realy care what format you request in. Whichever way best allows you to articulate what you want.

6) I do NOT require credit for my animations in your sig, HOWEVER, it is greatly appreciated if you either add the credit to your sig or make the animation a link to the shop.

7) Don't go overboard on the hazing. If someone says something realy dumb then ok, but don't continue to haze them for like 6 consecutive posts.

8) Don't ask me to do any extremely long animations. It takes a VERY long time just to do an animation, let alone an exceptionally long one. I prefer ones about the length of my Metaknight Vs Snake one, though if you do have something long I may still consider it, I like to be challenged every once in a while.

9) I am only accepting 1-2 requests at a time. after I have those 1-2 wait untill I finish one to request.

10) Don't expect them immediately. I have a life too and animations take a while to make.

11)I will only make sigs for people with 100 POSTS or more.

12) READ THIS RULE! I WILL NOT DO YOUR ANIMATION (or sig) if you make the same request here as you do in another shop. And I have eagle eyes over every shop, so don't try it. I will not spend hours making an animation just for you to look at once and then use someone elses.

If I think of more rules then I will add them.

WAITING LIST:
1)
2)
3)

PROJECT UPDATES: (check here if I am working on your sig for any updates on it. I will post them as well, but they will all be recorded here untill I am finished with it.)

OK time for my examples.

Animations:

(first one, lol)

Normal Sigs:

I STRONGLY encourage each and every one of you to go out and try to make your own animations. I use GIMP to do it and you can find plenty of tutorial videos on youtube. (I'll post links to some here eventually.)

I only started a little while ago and I suck with art and computer programs. So that should go to show how easy it is.

Feel free to ask any and all questions you have about how to make an animation on this thread. I will do my best to answer them.

Please subscribe to this thread and rate it. (hopefully a 5 :) )

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
The Fezzy Room is in this next post

I'm out of the shop but I'm sure one of these great sig makers can help you with your request.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
THE DINKOMAN IS BACK IN ACTION!!!!!!!

Do not get mad at me, I am Closed for now.

rulez:

1. NO SPAMMING
2. NO FLAMMING
3. NO WALLZ OF TEXT
4. PM ME THE REQUESTS

Examples...

(trying new things: )

----------

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, at least wikez visited your shop and had concern.

@Almighty: People can't edit an intro that way. I find that linking to a post works...

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
True

I'm just a little worried that this thing is gonna tank and agreeing with what everyone says

Roller

Smash Legend
I made a banner. once again, I used pre-rendered pics, if anybody else wants to take off the white borders be my guest.

If you had made a request on one of the previous shops, that has yet to be filled please repost it here if you want to be sure it gets done.

Thanks.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Dinkoman, I tried to contact you the day before the old shop was closed!

I have no doubt that i like you're style the BEST and I like how you don't use photoshop (make me wonder how much work you have to do if you don't have photoshop...)

So how does this work? Can I make my request or is there a waiting list?

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhh. I've neer heard of a program called gimp. But hey, with the sigs you guys are posting, it must be good. And I bet the price is easy on your wallet as well, no?

So is dinkoman on his lunch break or something? JK. I'd like for him to make me a sig, that is if he has time.
He's probably busy making another sig or something...

Roller

Smash Legend
Ahhhh. I've neer heard of a program called gimp. But hey, with the sigs you guys are posting, it must be good. And I bet the price is easy on your wallet as well, no?

So is dinkoman on his lunch break or something? JK. I'd like for him to make me a sig, that is if he has time.
He's probably busy making another sig or something...
GIMP is actually free, lol. I LOVE IT!

Nah, he's probably out having a life or something... He'll definately have your sig done by this time tomorrow though, trust me. He works fast.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Thnx. I would like to promote this shop with a short note below my sig and a link to this shop. Would you guys mind that?

Roller

Smash Legend
We would very much appreciate it. Thanks! Just link to the first page.

Dinko, are you lylat? Cause I was wondering who the heck that was. lol, Be@t is a friend of mine.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Dinkoman, i posted that before i saw your post. The sig is perfect! I use blue marth!

But my name is not Mighty_mo76. Can you just make it "Mo"? that's my real name.
Also, can you make the words Black and maybe like a gothic font (not so much into the corner)? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom