• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
inorite?

No Will, No Elev8, No Dan, No Serin, No Cam.

Probably should do Reflex a favor and take him off too, wouldn't want us scrubs sullying his good name and all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol I noticed that.

I was listing the people that have this weird sense of thinking they have "honor" by saying "Hey guyz don't put me on the PR cuz I'm cool"

*Cam*

Smash Lord
lol I noticed that.

I was listing the people that have this weird sense of thinking they have "honor" by saying "Hey guyz don't put me on the PR cuz I'm cool"
I can't speak for the rest of them, but I initially wanted to be taken off because I was inactive and didn't deserve to be on it.

I also didn't realize Serin had ever said that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
George didn't make top 5. Saint and Rag were 5th. Kismet, Reflex, and Billy took top 3. IIRC, Rag beat Kola and George.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
i lost to some random *** snake.
im such a bad player no lie.
No your not, sh@t just happens sometimes. Me and mankosuki got destroyed in teams
My brother said this was correct. Good stuff to George for getting 4th
Yeah, me and george match was really, realy close. It was ken and ryu, who ever made the 1st mistake gets the business. :)

At this tourney I just wanted to prove myself, i don't post here much, but see the conversations. There were alot of doubts about me and my spot on the pr. So I hope some of those doubts have died down some.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Any interesting upsets/matches @ Resist 2?
Well, I went 1-2 with Billy again :I
Upsets IMO:
Cheap Losing to M3T
Slam losing to Eggroll
Ragnarok 2 stocking Me..twice <.<

Interesting Matches:
M3T vs SaintKai=SaintKai
George Vs Ragnarok=George
Cam's performance

George didn't make top 5. Saint and Rag were 5th. Kismet, Reflex, and Billy took top 3. IIRC, Rag beat Kola and George.
Yup, I've got go get myself together for next weekend. Finding a way to recover against a Metaknight that uses his options to prevent your recovery is now a must.

i lost to some random *** snake.
im such a bad player no lie.
You weren't shielding enough, too much aggression. Remember to bait and space with tilts. Look for openings. You're MK :D use your options to their bests.

No your not, sh@t just happens sometimes. Me and mankosuki got destroyed in teams

Yeah, me and george match was really, realy close. It was ken and ryu, who ever made the 1st mistake gets the business. :)

At this tourney I just wanted to prove myself, i don't post here much, but see the conversations. There were alot of doubts about me and my spot on the pr. So I hope some of those doubts have died down some.
lol well this tournament did give me some help on data. Hopefully I can get interesting results at next weekends tournament too.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, I went 1-2 with Billy again :I
Upsets IMO:
Cheap Losing to M3T
Slam losing to Eggroll
Ragnarok 2 stocking Me..twice <.<

Interesting Matches:
M3T vs SaintKai=SaintKai
George Vs Ragnarok=George
Cam's performance
I think Reflex, Billy, and George would be in about the same positions as they are now. George has still got it. Ragnarok will probably go up next time we update. Kola, you are a good player, so stop complaining about how bad you are. Going 1-2 with Billy's Snake is good. I didn't realize M3T beat Cheap. Do we have a G&W on the rise?

If Saint was from AL, he would be put on the PR in an instant. His ICs are too pro. Who is Eggroll and who did he play against at this tournament besides Slam?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I think Reflex, Billy, and George would be in about the same positions as they are now. George has still got it. Ragnarok will probably go up next time we update. Kola, you are a good player, so stop complaining about how bad you are. Going 1-2 with Billy's Snake is good. I didn't realize M3T beat Cheap. Do we have a G&W on the rise?

If Saint was from AL, he would be put on the PR in an instant. ICs are too pro. Who is Eggroll and who did he play against at this tournament besides Slam?
M3T is LEGIT.
He really had me in a spot. :( Y'all should throw him up there.

And thanks. xD I think you over-estimate me though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh I wasn't implying my 1-2 was a bad thing. I'm usually pretty proud of it lol.

xD Plus I've never said I was bad, just overhyped. Above Average is a pretty nice title though. (b' ')b

Eggroll is Pensacola, I was just throwing it out there lol. Who else did he beat? Hmm I really can't remember.

As for the update predictions. : P They look pretty accurate lol

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Ryker took forever last time too.
No need to get pissed at him, we'll just have someone else do the bracket next time so they can post it immediately.

Edit: Slam's loss to the "random *** Snake player" was Eggroll.
He co-mains Marth and Snake. He's pretty good; he's in my crew.
Slam also lost to me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i played eggroll in crews. he's not bad. i 2 stocked him, but i bet if i had to snake ditto him it would have been closer.

also I lost to Cam. I would blame it on pikachu's ri**** chain grabs on snake, but really he just out played me and knows the matchup way more than I do. I don't know if Cam is going to be more active, but dude is PR material easily.

i beat skaterbaj's ddd, and i'm very happy with how well i've been doing in the ddd matchup lately. I dont know what people are talking about now with it being even.
ALSO, i finally beat aloha in a tournament match. his IC's no less.
ALSO, i beat aloha's and BILLY'S olimar in friendlies lul. i'm pretty certain billy was sandbagging a bit, but i'm still counting it. XD

i played ragnarok a bunch in friendlies, he's legit. wish he would have pulled out his MK though.

i love i started playing better in melee after brawl singles is over lol. I'm going to have to starting warming up big time before melee tournaments. but i actually didn't do bad in melee (for my own standards).

crews was fun. I took four stocks i believe, but we'd already lost by then. i could have had a campfest with Ryker I guess, but at the point i was like lets try to get this over with lol

its gotta suck to be geo, he gets fourth in like every tournament lol

Kola, like I feel like you and I have similar skill levels, but you always do wayyy better in tournaments than I do. results speak for themselves. i thought you were gonna beat billy tho that woulda been epic

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I want to see George practice that Sheik. He has some good stuff going for him there, and he can throw needles instead of feeling like he has to approach all the time.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i played eggroll in crews. he's not bad. i 2 stocked him, but i bet if i had to snake ditto him it would have been closer.

also I lost to Cam. I would blame it on pikachu's ri**** chain grabs on snake, but really he just out played me and knows the matchup way more than I do. I don't know if Cam is going to be more active, but dude is PR material easily.

i beat skaterbaj's ddd, and i'm very happy with how well i've been doing in the ddd matchup lately. I dont know what people are talking about now with it being even.
ALSO, i finally beat aloha in a tournament match. his IC's no less.
ALSO, i beat aloha's and BILLY'S olimar in friendlies lul. i'm pretty certain billy was sandbagging a bit, but i'm still counting it. XD

i played ragnarok a bunch in friendlies, he's legit. wish he would have pulled out his MK though.

i love i started playing better in melee after brawl singles is over lol. I'm going to have to starting warming up big time before melee tournaments. but i actually didn't do bad in melee (for my own standards).

crews was fun. I took four stocks i believe, but we'd already lost by then. i could have had a campfest with Ryker I guess, but at the point i was like lets try to get this over with lol

its gotta suck to be geo, he gets fourth in like every tournament lol
Man, you gotta play my ICs. You've got a legit Snake. :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah...i was considering going in against you in crews. i'd just been watching you wreck people all night and i didn't want to get embarassed <_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No one in the state of Alabama knows how to fight against Ice Climbers except for me. It's kind of depressing.

Also, I -hate- fighting Ice Climbers (and a handful of other characters, like Dedede) in friendlies, because it takes forever if I want to make sure I win, so then it turns into losing to mindless spotdodging because I don't feel like waiting for eight minutes.

In a tournament, people are earning something when they win, but friendlies should never feel like work. That's why I often begrudgingly play my older brother in friendlies. Friendlies are for learning, but there's nothing to learn as far once you know what you're supposed to do against those characters (at least, as Wario).

*Cam*

Smash Lord
No one in the state of Alabama knows how to fight against Ice Climbers except for me. It's kind of depressing.

Also, I -hate- fighting Ice Climbers (and a handful of other characters, like Dedede) in friendlies, because it takes forever if I want to make sure I win, so then it turns into losing to mindless spotdodging because I don't feel like waiting for eight minutes.

In a tournament, people are earning something when they win, but friendlies should never feel like work. That's why I often begrudgingly play my older brother in friendlies. Friendlies are for learning, but there's nothing to learn as far once you know what you're supposed to do against those characters (at least, as Wario).
You should give Cheap some credit for his ability to play against ICs. Billy as well. Billy was a genius with his form of c4 platform camping.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i should have tried it just to see how well i'd do. i watched Ally wreck elev8 at seige and kind of got an idea of what to do, although i need more practice.

also, i dont know how to break out of grabs quickly, which also hinders me.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I admit that I don't know how to play the IC matchup. I plan on getting it down when available.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
i watched Ally wreck elev8 at seige and kind of got an idea of what to do, although i need more practice.
Ally straight took a dump on me. But i'm glad he did. I got a better understanding as to what i should be doing in the match up. I was too accustomed to playing scared snakes, rather than snakes who were ready for my aggro grab attempts :mad:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah, i dont think snake should really be camping too hard against IC's. they're way to easy to damage and kill, you just gotta get in there and do work imo. just with the knowledge that IC's are trying to grab you at all times. this is why i've been doing better against ddd's. once you realize they pretty much always want to grab you, its easier to avoid getting grabbed lol. and snakes regular grab, much less his pivot grab outranges (and comes out faster, maybe?) ICs grab , and i think thats key in the matchup.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
the snake player that i lost to didnt have a good snake. his marth was good though. i was just playing like **** when singles started.

also i need to learn ic MU also like everyone else. isnt mk like super easy to cg though? welp i dun wanna go d3 vs them or wario though.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
the snake player that i lost to didnt have a good snake. his marth was good though. i was just playing like **** when singles started.

also i need to learn ic MU also like everyone else. isnt mk like super easy to cg though? welp i dun wanna go d3 vs them or wario though.
When you are playing a good IC, you just need to focus on not getting grabbed. If they are good, they will be able to chain grab you; even if it's a bit more difficult to chain grab your character.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
When you are playing a good IC, you just need to focus on being off of the ground. If they are good, they will be able to chain grab you; even if it's a bit more difficult to chain grab your character.
Fixed that for you.
For the record, to everyone, all characters have the exact same number frames to grab them. Therefore, a chaingrab being hard is based on personal preference rather than actual difficulty. For example, I can (usually) chaingrab Snake perfectly, but I can't CG Lucas or Ness very well.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Fixed that for you.
For the record, to everyone, all characters have the exact same number frames to grab them. Therefore, a chaingrab being hard is based on personal preference rather than actual difficulty. For example, I can (usually) chaingrab Snake perfectly, but I can't CG Lucas or Ness very well.
if they all have the exact same number of frams how can you prefer to grab one or the other? also yes i agree with the staying off the ground thing.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
if they all have the exact same number of frams how can you prefer to grab one or the other? also yes i agree with the staying off the ground thing.
They have different times that the frames occur. Every char has a period of three frames during the grab animation in which you press the grab button and they will be regrabbed.
The heavier a character is, the later those frames occur.
For example, Jigglypuff's frames are on 2-4 I think.
So, you mash back on the analog to perform a b-throw with Popo, then INSTANTLY press grab.
Snake's are somewhere around frame 22. For b-throw, at least.
Plus, there are different ways to chain grab each character.
It's sort of like having Tap Jump on or off. You just have a preference.
Chaingrabbing Snake feels more fluid and natural to me than Lucas and Ness, they have weird timing, and you can't f-throw them because of their weird body shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom