• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The AfterBurner" - R.O.B Footstool > Dair confirm.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nYTlyP-0S5aZ4Uod9G16FAsTo_EWXJp0lrM-GIbHCUs/

A very close Fair is a great way to set up in this (Around 20% generally, very few chars fluctuate). They do have ways of getting out such as a fast aerial, but this is a great tool for a miscellaneous kill or two (Even if it doesn't kill, it puts them in an incredibly bad position.).

Works:
:4luigi::4peach::4littlemac::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4marth::4myfriends::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4lucina::4pacman::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4corrin:

Works, but with specific timing:
:4bowser::4olimar::4dk:

Bowser and DK you can just wait about half a second or so. But with Olimar it's very specific. Only recommend learning if you have to fight an Olimar, as it's not intuitive at all. Still should only take 2 or 3 minutes to get consistently.

Doesn't work:
:4mario::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4diddy::4gaw::4link::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4darkpit::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

It works on a little less than a fourth of the cast, notable members of this list include:
  • :4sheik: Sheik
  • :4marth: Marth
  • :4mewtwo: Mewtwo
  • :4corrin: Corrin
Note: The incomplete "DI Away" column is for testing the legitimacy of Fair > footstool, footstool > dair was tested with DI. I haven't done specific testing for this yet, but generally at low percents ( =< 25%) the fair confirms, but after that DI away will get them out of it. If they DI in it works for a much longer time though. It also doesn't confirm as well if they have a combo breaking move, like a fast nair or Bayo's ABK.

Last edited:

Mtn Drew

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowmon38
Now, if my input time wasn't molasses, this would be really helpful! And people ask me why I don't go to tournaments...

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Now, if my input time wasn't molasses, this would be really helpful! And people ask me why I don't go to tournaments...
Inputs are ezpz to practice. Just make a routine in training mode. Like I do 5 gyro cancels, reverse gyro cancels, and wavebounce gyro cancels, all in a row to practice.

Top Bottom