• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well, other than Daisy and Inklings (they are cute, although Octolings act in quieter and cuter manners), the selection is hopefully diverse so far. K.Rool, Ridley and Dark Samus have nothing in common for monsters (especially K.Rool, who is cartoony), and even Richter and Simon look very differently. Chrom... Well, that's Chrom :p
True, but they mostly look either mainly or monsterous. Even Dark Samus looks kind of manly. Either way, we need more cuties. Daisy isn't really a "cutie". She's more like a cute-faced adult, and Inklings, well, we already talked about them

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
True, but they mostly look either mainly or monsterous. Even Dark Samus looks kind of manly. Either way, we need more cuties. Daisy isn't really a "cutie". She's more like a cute-faced adult, and Inklings, well, we already talked about them
Yeah, we need more cute characters to beat up this kind of characters, is always satisfying to grab a victory against people who don't consider cute characters fighters.

deal with it (Marie).png

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah, we need more cute characters to beat up this kind of characters, is always satisfying to grab a victory against people who don't consider cute characters fighters.

View attachment 157797
Exactly. And the idea that Isabelle can't fight because she's too cute or a young pup or whatever is just not true. Inkling, Villager and Ice Climbers look like kids, so if they can fight then so can Isabelle.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Exactly. And the idea that Isabelle can't fight because she's too cute or a young pup or whatever is just not true. Inkling, Villager and Ice Climbers look like kids, so if they can fight then so can Isabelle.
Do not forget Isabelle mercilessly throwing bombs at babies in Mario Kart! (In all fairness, these babies retaliate)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Do not forget Isabelle mercilessly throwing bombs at babies in Mario Kart! (In all fairness, these babies retaliate)
Yeah, so that proves that she can fight in other titles if need be. Popularity and relevancy will prevail over what's considered canon and what isn't

D

Deleted member

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. Isabelle is my secondmost wanted of likely characters, so count me in for rooting for her.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, so that proves that she can fight in other titles if need be. Popularity and relevancy will prevail over what's considered canon and what isn't
It always prevailed. With movesets such as Captain Falcon, Zelda borrowing from Link's spells, R.O.B. or Robin's nosferatu, canon is not the main thing for a character, and this applies to each games.

Even Ganondorf. He got his sword. His only non-canon sword on his incarnation not using swords.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It always prevailed. With movesets such as Captain Falcon, Zelda borrowing from Link's spells, R.O.B. or Robin's nosferatu, canon is not the main thing for a character, and this applies to each games.

Even Ganondorf. He got his sword. His only non-canon sword on his incarnation not using swords.
Yeah, wasn't that sword used in Twilight Princess only?

D

Deleted member

Well the sword we see in ultimate is from a Zelda tech demo in 2000 that has never appeared in a game outside of melee with Ganondorfs victory animation. Ganondorf has a sword in Brawl and Smash 4, but it was his Twilight sword.
It's still so weird to me that the victory pose even happened back then. Usually one would expect references to the canon games, and not an occasional tech demo.

That said, it's a pretty dang cool sword, and I do think it fits him more than the Sage's sword in TP.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hell if I'm wrong and shes a unique fighter that makes me more happy then upset. I want her in this game either way. A positive of her being unique would be that she would have her own CGI trailer... man that would be amazing to see

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I have a somewhat ominous prediction about Isabelle.

I believe that Isabelle will get in as a unique newcomer. She will be unique not because she lacks the qualities to become an echo (close enough proportions, Villager move set could work with her), but because she is an extremely popular, promoted, and marketable character with enough moveset potential to warrant a unique move set.

What I find ominous about my prediction is that I feel that Isabelle will become the go to character to complain about. “Why did Isabelle have to take a unique move set slot, she could have been an echo and *insert popular character here* could have gotten in instead”

At the end of the day, I’d be ecstatic if Isabelle is unique or an echo, but I’m already prepping myself for potential backlash if she’s unique.
Sadly, I think there'll be backlash against her any way you look at it. Excluding the salt from not getting their most-wanted character, people will complain because "she doesn't fight," "isn't cool/too cutesie/girly," "comes from a baby game," "is too new/muh seniority," etc.

Honestly, most people overlook how big she is in Nintendo now. Animal Crossing is a lot bigger than most people give it credit. It's outgrown fan favorites such as Star Fox, F-Zero, or even Metroid, but because of it's non-action focus, most write it off as some little side game. And with her as the defacto face of the series, she holds more weight than most of the castle already included. If you don't see her getting in, you aren't paying attention to Nintendo.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sadly, I think there'll be backlash against her any way you look at it. Excluding the salt from not getting their most-wanted character, people will complain because "she doesn't fight," "isn't cool/too cutesie/girly," "comes from a baby game," "is too new/muh seniority," etc.

Honestly, most people overlook how big she is in Nintendo now. Animal Crossing is a lot bigger than most people give it credit. It's outgrown fan favorites such as Star Fox, F-Zero, or even Metroid, but because of it's non-action focus, most write it off as some little side game. And with her as the defacto face of the series, she holds more weight than most of the castle already included. If you don't see her getting in, you aren't paying attention to Nintendo.
You can please some people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. Who cares if there is backlash or some negitivity? Sakurai doesn't. And if people are that upset over 1 character in a 70+ roster, thats sad.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
You can please some people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. Who cares if there is backlash or some negitivity? Sakurai doesn't. And if people are that upset over 1 character in a 70+ roster, thats sad.
So true. Fortunately, I believe Isabelle is a more please that displease character since she is so we'll known and, overall, beloved by the gaming populace. I'm just expecting the typical salt to come with the end of the speculation season.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say after K. Rool and Ridley are in, most of the "this character stole a spot!" complaints would die down, but I still see people complaining about Waluigi on K. Rool's videos and posts, so... well, we'll see.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd say after K. Rool and Ridley are in, most of the "this character stole a spot!" complaints would die down, but I still see people complaining about Waluigi on K. Rool's videos and posts, so... well, we'll see.
I feel that the troll part of Waluigi's fanbase would be able to complain about Abra stealing Waluigi's spot on the Smash Blog so...
Damn, it's crazy how this turned out. I'm sad for the legitimate Waluigi fans (I do like him myself, too).

Anyway, Isabelle as a unique fighter. Winning against people with a cute character is one thing, but imagine winning against a Ridley simply because Isabelle was happy and showing her emotion near him :p

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Eh to be fair, Waluigi in smash has sort of become a meme. Not to say his want in not genuine (I wanted Waluigi in smash along with many other people), but its pretty much become a meme to act like Waluigi not getting in smash is the biggest travesty in gaming history.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
What I'm worried about is that people might think with such a limited roster; either Isabelle fans would be upset that Dixie stole the unique playable spot from Isabelle or Dixie fan's would be upset that Isabelle would steal the unique playable spot from Dixie. At this point I can only see them both getting in if one is an Echo and I think they both have their independent merits. Do you guy's worry about this problem? I'd like both of them as Unique ideally, but I kind of find myself in the situation that one needs to be an Echo in order to make room for other top picks.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't really see why Dixie and Isabelle should be in competition. Sure, they both are animals, but the comparison stops there.

Dixie have another "problem" to face, and it's K.Rool. And still, it would be sad for Dixie's supporter if she isn't playable, but at least DK already got some big content that the serie was deserving.

Isabelle is just Isabelle. She is a deserving character, either unique or as an echo, for a big serie that only got a new (and cool) Assist Trophy.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't really see why Dixie and Isabelle should be in competition. Sure, they both are animals, but the comparison stops there.

Dixie have another "problem" to face, and it's K.Rool. And still, it would be sad for Dixie's supporter if she isn't playable, but at least DK already got some big content that the serie was deserving.

Isabelle is just Isabelle. She is a deserving character, either unique or as an echo, for a big serie that only got a new (and cool) Assist Trophy.
It's less like they are at odds as characters and more that "They are both pretty evenly split on whether they should be echos or be unique"

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
At this point, I think Isabelle is the closest thing to a shoo-in left.

The question is though, unique or Echo. That's what really helps her, she could quite easily be either and she has the popularity that it just works to make her playable

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Maybe she's an echo but with somewhat noticeable differences, like different items or the golden versions of tools like I heard brought up somewhere.

D

Deleted member

At this point, I think Isabelle is the closest thing to a shoo-in left.

The question is though, unique or Echo. That's what really helps her, she could quite easily be either and she has the popularity that it just works to make her playable
I kinda expect her to be an Echo. That is mainly because it can work, since she's in a very similar situation to the Villager where her moveset can derive very much from her usually docile and nonviolent behavior.
I do prefer the "emote moveset" idea that people have, but honestly, I think that she's just fine as an echo since that moveset is moreso representative of the AC franchise than just the Villager, so having an animal character do it as well would kinda make sense.

In any case, I will be happy with either option.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So surprisingly, it looks live Villagers’ boxing glove move is more canon with Isabelle than it is Villager.
91C16EB9-2D7A-4A87-86B5-1286B48B7613.jpeg

I’m not really arguing if she’s an echo or not, I just thought it was a cute picture. I hope Isabelle has the casual wear with glasses as an Alt.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So surprisingly, it looks live Villagers’ boxing glove move is more canon with Isabelle than it is Villager.View attachment 158162

I’m not really arguing if she’s an echo or not, I just thought it was a cute picture. I hope Isabelle has the casual wear with glasses as an Alt.
This is cute! I believe this is from Happy Home Designer? I have not played this game (I should, as my favorite thing in AC is decorating houses) but this demonstrate how characters from AC can do various things... Including boxing here.

Isabelle would at least have her Summer and Winter usual wear as costumes for sure, but it would be nice to have others, such this one.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
This is cute! I believe this is from Happy Home Designer? I have not played this game (I should, as my favorite thing in AC is decorating houses) but this demonstrate how characters from AC can do various things... Including boxing here.

Isabelle would at least have her Summer and Winter usual wear as costumes for sure, but it would be nice to have others, such this one.
I believe it is Happy Home Designer, but I actually don't have HHD either, I'm just reposting this funny picture I found on r/smashbros.

Strangely enough Animal Crossing actually has a history with boxing for me. The first time I ever played Punch-Out! was through the NES consoles in the original Animal Crossing. For awhile I had this daily routine of doing all my normal Animal Crossing duties, then I would jump into Punch-Out!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Cannot wait to pick up Death's Scythe as Isabelle and wreck K. Rool and Ridley.

That image alone makes me desperately want her.
It's always amusing seeing cute characters doing tough things and tough characters doing silly things (I can't wait to see bunny hood Ridley).

StormC

Smash Hero
It's always amusing seeing cute characters doing tough things and tough characters doing silly things (I can't wait to see bunny hood Ridley).
The day I pick up a Super Leaf and play as Tanoo K. Rool, that will be the day a 27 year old man giggles with childish glee.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So quiet here lately lol
I think most Isabelle supporters are just playing the waiting game now. Like we could talk our heads off arguing her chances or if she's an echo or not, but that seems kind of fruitless when we can just wait and see.

I've started like 3 different drafts for posts about Isabelle in the past few days, but all of them seemed kind of like a rant, and I don't want to be known as the guy ranting about Isabelle. I too am just waiting it out at this point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Isabelle is a unique character, I hope her trailer has her doing something unexpected like protect Villager from someone like Ganondorf or Bowser. Villager is getting the crap kicked out of him and Isabelle goes Ultra Instinct to save him.

f605e558c165eb4744f82c255d61a927.gif

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
If Isabelle is a unique character, I hope her trailer has her doing something unexpected like protect Villager from someone like Ganondorf or Bowser. Villager is getting the crap kicked out of him and Isabelle goes Ultra Instinct to save him.

View attachment 158899
I’m hoping Isabelle’s trailer will have the Star Fox cast in it, due to them being the other Athropomorphic Animal characters in smash.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Add me as a supporter for Isabelle! Been rooting for her for a while.

View attachment 158899
This Episode on Super Smash Bros. Z, Bowser has evaded Villagers Final Smash, and he is on his last leg. Luckily, Isabelle has stepped in. Can this pacifist stop King Bowser from destroying his friends? Find out, on Super Smash Bros Z.

Top Bottom