• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'm watching a video about D&D right now. Interesting question: If Isabelle was an archetypal high fantasy game class, what do you think she would be? Cleric maybe? Paladin? White mage? Druid? Bard?
In D&D Isabelle would definitely have loads of charisma and be pretty good with intelligence, but Wisdom and dexterity is going to be a dump stat due to her klutzy ways. Bard seems to be the best fit for me, although she’s not really defined by music, she exemplifies the jack of all trades and support aspects of bard. You could reflavor her bardic inspiration as just her being really supportive rather than magical music.

Hmmm I might need to role up a character based on Isabelle the next chance I get to play a new character

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I think Lottie would work very well as an alt costume, all of Isabelle’s animations would work for her (such as holding her dress down while in special falling).

Although Lottie seems to be a tad bit wider than Isabelle, it’s negligible enough that it wouldn’t matter and the voice lines of Animal Crossing babbling can be easily changed if they wanted to but honestly I don’t think anybody would care if they weren’t since it sounds close enough.
They were able to do it to all the Koopalings pretty easily so yeah probably :)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
New Animal Crossing remix of Happy Home Designer's main theme:

Which reminds me I should probably play through that game again to get ready for Isabelle.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
In D&D Isabelle would definitely have loads of charisma and be pretty good with intelligence, but Wisdom and dexterity is going to be a dump stat due to her klutzy ways. Bard seems to be the best fit for me, although she’s not really defined by music, she exemplifies the jack of all trades and support aspects of bard. You could reflavor her bardic inspiration as just her being really supportive rather than magical music.

Hmmm I might need to role up a character based on Isabelle the next chance I get to play a new character
...Should I link to my Dungeons & Dragons wiki profile? I don't have any Animal Crossing related homebrew...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So there's been a rising art increase of Isabelle making Chrom her new punching bag, or just getting him inadvertently to trouble.

EDIT:

Nah. Can't do this kind of thing. Someone else can post these here.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Y'know I really hope Isabelle has a unique victory theme. Villager's victory theme comes from the GC Animal Crossing, which Isabelle obviously wasn't in. And, if Rosalina can have a unique victory theme based off her debut game, I think Isabelle should too. A victory theme based off of the New Leaf title screen would be really nice. I could imagine it being much softer and relaxed compared to other victory themes, which would fit Isabelle if you ask me.

Plus, I just love New Leaf's main theme, it's so darn soothing.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Y'know I really hope Isabelle has a unique victory theme. Villager's victory theme comes from the GC Animal Crossing, which Isabelle obviously wasn't in. And, if Rosalina can have a unique victory theme based off her debut game, I think Isabelle should too. A victory theme based off of the New Leaf title screen would be really nice. I could imagine it being much softer and relaxed compared to other victory themes, which would fit Isabelle if you ask me.

I'm somewhat confident that they'll use a rendition of Isabelle's theme as her victory fanfare. Like you said, the GameCube AC theme makes sense for Villager, but not for Isabelle.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't know if this was already posted her or not, or if everyone had already seen it, but can I just say how much I love how wholesome this fanart comic with Isabelle and Sakurai is? The guy's done so much for us at this point that I really feel he should take a long break when he's finished with SSBU.

the-legendary-secretary-everyone-is-home.png

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That comic was amazing (I would've added K.Rool's crown and golden body plate as stuff Isabelle was polishing). I gotta say Ultimate IMO has brought the best fan-art yet!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know if this was already posted her or not, or if everyone had already seen it, but can I just say how much I love how wholesome this fanart comic with Isabelle and Sakurai is? The guy's done so much for us at this point that I really feel he should take a long break when he's finished with SSBU.

This is one of the most touching pieces of Smash fanart I've ever seen. Fantastic work by this artist!

Also, Isabelle, even if you're a fighter now, you're still too pure for this world.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is one of the most touching pieces of Smash fanart I've ever seen. Fantastic work by this artist!

Also, Isabelle, even if you're a fighter now, you're still too pure for this world.
The same artist did a few other Smash strips like this one (note: Pichu Blackrose is hilariously edgy in these). I'm hoping for more than 2 character announcements partially so I can see what they would come up with next. :)

I'd say it's almost a guarantee. Sakurai went as far as giving her a moveset that isn't too recycled, so that special treatment may naturally lead to a unique victory theme.

That comic was amazing (I would've added K.Rool's crown and golden body plate as stuff Isabelle was polishing). I gotta say Ultimate IMO has brought the best fan-art yet!

The queen of the day.

Last edited:

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
Congratulations Isabelle supports!

You did it! Sorry about this being late, but I wanted to say how happy I am Isabelle got in.

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda confused about what to call Isabelle, lol. Are we considering her a semi-clone, or does everyone think she'll be different enough be considered a unique?

Also, I can't believe I waited this long to come into this thread, lol. Isabelle was in my top 3, so I am happy beyond words she made it in. On the topic of her victory theme, I'd like to think she'd get her own, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm expecting a remix of her main theme in the Town Hall if she does have her own theme.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm kinda confused about what to call Isabelle, lol. Are we considering her a semi-clone, or does everyone think she'll be different enough be considered a unique?
I think it's safe to say that she's a semi-clone similar to how Lucas is with Ness. Her neutral B, grab, dash attack, and final Smash are the same as Villager's and some of her other moves have similarities as well. Her general weight/speed/jump height will probably be the same as well.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Not really understanding the hate Isabelle is getting around the internet (or any Ultimate newcomer really). To me Isabelle is a Nintendo All-Star she DESERVED to be in this game. She is HUGE and Animal Crossing's icon! I love when Smash mixes fan favorites with "MUH RELEVANCE!" picks (sorry there is a user here I won't name but hates any character that wasn't created within the last 3 years it seems...). To me Ultimate's roster of newcomers is shaping up to be on par if not better than Brawl's IMO which to me had the PERFECT blend of newcomers. It had All-Stars/fan faves like Wario, Diddy, Wolf, Meta Knight, King Dedede added but ALSO had RELEVANCE picks like Olimar, Ike, Lucas, and Lucario (at the time obviously) added as well. Then at the same time added "Retro" picks like R.O.B and Pit. We saw that Pit went onto get a new game because of it and a lot of people view Kid Icarus as a bigger Nintendo series now than it ever was before.

Ultimate looks to be doing the EXACT same thing with all-star/fan fave characters like Ridley, Daisy, Dark Samus, Chrom, King K. Rool, and Isabelle. Except I'd argue that relevance and all-star all blend together for all these characters (except Dark Samus and K.Rool for relevance but damn sure now that he's in Smash and Nintendo has seen the overwhelming positive reception he's never NOT gonna be in another DK game again..) which is why Ultimate and Brawl IMO are looking to be the best in the series as far as newcomers go.

To me personally Wii U/3DS roster felt too much like a marketing campaign. Characters like Bayonetta, Corrin, Greninja, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer (though this works as both a promo and WTF pick), Palutena (even though she is old but come on she was clearly there to promote Uprising), Dark Pit. To ME all felt like Nintendo trying to meet a sales quota instead of picking fan favorites. I get it Smash is the perfect advertising game but they went TOO overboard with it. The only "All-Stars" I felt were added to Wii U/3DS were Bowser Jr., Little Mac, and Villager. Those were the only characters I personally got excited for. Don't get me wrong or get it twisted I love when fresh new faces join the cast (like Isabelle and Inklings) but I also want fan favorite all-stars as well whether they had a recent game of not. TO me that's the fun of Smash. It's giving new series a chance to be advertised more through cross promotion but adding characters like King K.Rool, Pit, Dark Samus, Ridley, (hopefully Issac). Give these characters a second chance of life OUTSIDE of Smash Bros. I like when the roster goes evenly in both ways and not just one or the other.

Basically to sum this long ass post up. I will definitely be using Isabelle a LOT alongside K.Rool and Ridley and it's amazing seeing all these Nintendo characters together whether new or old.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Not really understanding the hate Isabelle is getting around the internet (or any Ultimate newcomer really). To me Isabelle is a Nintendo All-Star she DESERVED to be in this game. She is HUGE and Animal Crossing's icon! I love when Smash mixes fan favorites with "MUH RELEVANCE!" picks (sorry there is a user here I won't name but hates any character that wasn't created within the last 3 years it seems...). To me Ultimate's roster of newcomers is shaping up to be on par if not better than Brawl's IMO which to me had the PERFECT blend of newcomers. It had All-Stars/fan faves like Wario, Diddy, Wolf, Meta Knight, King Dedede added but ALSO had RELEVANCE picks like Olimar, Ike, Lucas, and Lucario (at the time obviously) added as well. Then at the same time added "Retro" picks like R.O.B and Pit. We saw that Pit went onto get a new game because of it and a lot of people view Kid Icarus as a bigger Nintendo series now than it ever was before.

Ultimate looks to be doing the EXACT same thing with all-star/fan fave characters like Ridley, Daisy, Dark Samus, Chrom, King K. Rool, and Isabelle. Except I'd argue that relevance and all-star all blend together for all these characters (except Dark Samus and K.Rool for relevance but damn sure now that he's in Smash and Nintendo has seen the overwhelming positive he's never NOT gonna be in another DK game again..) which is why Ultimate and Brawl IMO are looking to be the best in the series as far as newcomers go.

To me personally Wii U/3DS roster felt too much like a marketing campaign. Characters like Bayonetta, Corrin, Greninja, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer (though this works as both a promo and WTF pick), Palutena (even though she is old but come on she was clearly there to promote Uprising), Dark Pit. To ME all felt like Nintendo trying to meet a sales quota instead of picking fan favorites. I get it Smash is the perfect advertising game but they went TOO overboard with it. The only "All-Stars" I felt were added to Wii U/3DS were Bowser Jr., Little Mac, and Villager. Those were the only characters I personally got excited for. Don't get me wrong or get it twisted I love when fresh new faces join the cast (like Isabelle and Inklings) but I also want fan favorite all-stars as well whether they had a recent game of not. TO me that's the fun of Smash. It's giving new series a chance to be advertised more through cross promotion but adding characters like King K.Rool, Pit, Dark Samus, Ridley, (hopefully Issac). Give these characters a second chance of life OUTSIDE of Smash Bros. I like when the roster goes evenly in both ways and not just one or the other.

Basically to sum this long *** post up. I will definitely be using Isabelle a LOT alongside K.Rool and Ridley and it's amazing seeing all these Nintendo characters together whether new or old.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Smash is about celebrating Nintendo's history as much as it's about making a fun fighting game. If someone was really so blindsided by the mascot of Animal Crossing being a playable character that they felt legitimate offense, then they've probably lost sight of what the series is about. (That doesn't include people who were simply underwhelmed, in case you're wondering.)

I'm as psyched about playing as Isabelle as I am about playing as K. Rool. Both seem to be very colorful characters with interesting strategic options, but each in their own ways. Sakurai has truly done a great job of bringing out the personality in these characters. I feel like I did when I was a child, waking up every morning to look at the Smash Bros. Dojo, haha. This roster has got me pretty excited.

Xigger

Smash Lord
It really depends on how many basic attacks are recycled. There's been great write-ups in other threads, the basic gist is that if more attacks are different, then they are semi-clones, or Luigified, or Wolf

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I think you need to clear your cache if you're on mobile or hard refresh (ctrl + f5) on desktop. Same thing happened to me to begin with.
I think ctrl + F5 did it. Cool! Now if you would be so kind could you explain to me what that actually did since I'm a 20 y/o with the computer prowess of an old grandma?

*EDIT* An explanation is no longer necessary. I used the long sought for item known as a search bar to do actual research and find out what ctrl + F5 does.

Last edited:

TailsTheAssassin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4398 2362 0516
Oh shoot, I forgot to post here for.... a week. lol. I'm so happy she got in! Even more happy that she's an original fighter too!

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
I don't know if this has been asked yet but is there another discord for Isabelle? Last one seems to have gone trash.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
The Four Reactions To Isabelle In Smash Expressed in Comics

Personally, I was in Camp # 1.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

Camp 4 myself, I can't wait to kick Ridely's ass with her:ultisabelle:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah I'm in Camp 1. If I'm online and see someone playing as Isabelle. I simply cannot do it...I'm running off the ledge 3 times. There's only one other character that I just simply can't punch and it's Dixie Kong (if she gets in). Those 2 are so cute and adorable to me. I just can't do it...I feel HORRIBLE when I die with Dixie in Tropical Freeze or when I die with her in DKC2 and she starts crying. Call me a ***** or softy but I love both those girls so much.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Oh man I'm just imagining how hard it's gonna be to watch Isabelle be treated to some of these moves. Snake in particular is gonna be really rough with his grenades, RPG side smash, and chokehold pummel + down throw.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I love Isabelle is in Smash. I can't wait to hear the crap out of villains as her.

But I can deny the opposite is true, I'm going utterly DESTROY HER.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

In regards to #2, it's still uncanny that Animal Crossers eventually got to fight a character from what is a NES game in their own world.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
In regards to #2, it's still uncanny that Animal Crossers eventually got to fight a character from what is a NES game in their own world.
Still not as bad as when Wreck-It Ralph was in Sega All-Star Racing and asked what Sonic was doing in a car

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Oh man I'm just imagining how hard it's gonna be to watch Isabelle be treated to some of these moves. Snake in particular is gonna be really rough with his grenades, RPG side smash, and chokehold pummel + down throw.
Little Mac seems intense too. Imagine Isabelle eating a fully charged forward smash.

Luminario

Smash Lord
In response to these images that have characters beat the hell out of our girl Issy, someone needs to edit this with her face on it and to say "Good luck, I'm behind 7 Gyroid traps"
good luck im behind 7 substitutes.PNG

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
If the very first combo thread for this character is not 'Kill'em with Kindness', somebody ****ed up.

Top Bottom