• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a lot of Smash fans get a bit salty when a character reveal isn't purely geared towards their demographic...

Congrats Isabelle fans, I am glad she's in (and as a semi-unique character)! I hope that Dixie has the same fate.

zferolie

Smash Hero
so we know a bunch of american and EU fans are salty, but how about japan? AC and Isabelle are huge there, so how did they react to Isabelle's announcement?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Just came in to congratulate you guys! I wanted Isabelle but I wasn't gonna be heartbroken if she didn't make it in. Everyone thought she was gonna be an echo but what we ended up getting was far better. Isabelle will definitely be a character I'll be trying out. That being said..her reveal trailer SUCKEDD!!!

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Congrats Isabelle fans! I’m definitely going to try her out!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just a quick reminder that to report any posts that could possibly be trolling/flaming instead of replying to them. Replying to these type of posts is just as bad as the original post itself as replying to it counts as spam and sidetracks the current discussion. Just report and let us handle it.

Also, congrats! I also stickied this thread.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, now that Isabelle is in, I'll probably be more active here, so hello again and look forward to talking more with isabelle fans. I haven't kept up fully with the thread so I might not be up to date with everyone who's been bringing stuff up for her.

Let's enjoy :)
:happysheep:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Gotta be honest, the reveal itself wasn't that great. There was no energy to it at all, it went on for too long, and literally everybody knew what this was gonna be once Smash was mentioned. There was no need to drag it out.
To be fair, the trailer didn't start off with the Smash logo so some of us could have thought it was just announcing new Animal Crossing game for Switch.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Wanted to stop by here and say congrats. For me personally Isabelle was never high up on my list, but I like Animal Crossing a lot. I'm glad you guys got her in. I was not expecting her to be a unique newcomer, so even better. Definitely a deserving and good choice for Smash Ultimate. Kudos. :ultisabelle:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, congratulations!

I'm in a gaming chat group with 10 or so other friends, most of whom are fairly casual gamers, and they all LOVE Animal Crossing. I can tell you they were extremely excited to see Isabelle announced and went ape**** when they saw the new AC game announced. I was also pleasantly surprised that she's not an echo. She's extremely deserving of her spot and I thought the trailer was really cute too.

I'm still pulling for my boy Isaac but I can't deny that Isabelle is a massively popular character, especially in Japan. Enjoy your special day :D

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I might pick up Isabelle as a secondary main or something. Because she looks way more fun than Villager did, and Isabelle is one of the cutest characters ever in a video game.

Just the mental image of her kicking the crap out of the way more darker characters is hilarious.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Heyo, congrats guys! Coming from Shantae, Sora, and (lowkey) Joker support to shout y'all out.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
From what I've seen, it seems like people are more upset at her inclusion, like they think she's a waste of a newcomer slot, which obviously she's not :p It's just crazy how many people seem to not like her

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen, it seems like people are more upset at her inclusion, like they think she's a waste of a newcomer slot, which obviously she's not :p It's just crazy how many people seem to not like her
I don't see how anybody could hate this

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Half of it is just the typical toxic Smash mentality of "If it's not MY character it's a waste." The other half of it is that the delay built up peoples hype and expectations way too high, expecting another info dump on Smash like last time for what was supposed to be a general Nintendo Direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it happened because of all the charged up expectations and the delay and more.

It's too bad, but she's in, so they gotta deal with it, and we can enjoy her as much as we can.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
So, Isabelle huh? Got to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Nobody was predicting her, but every now and again somebody mentioned her chances were good, given how she's practically the AC Mascot now due to her immediate popularity among AC fans the moment new leaf was released. A lot of people love Isabelle. A lot of fans like her a lot indeed. She sure feels the love from her fans, especially on the internet. Sure is a lot of lo- alright I'll stop it now. Still, surprising to see, but I'm not surprised. I'm waiting to see her official character art ripped any moment now.

All that said, Isabelle will definitely be my new disrespect character. Move over Pichu, Isabelle brings the pain. Sure, Villager doesn't fight much either, but I know I still acted like a meanie in AC a few times, planting pit traps, hitting villagers with axes, bug nets, and hammers, trapping them in 3x3 hole squares for the night, etc., and at Least Pichu still has dominion over electricity and can summon lightning, though an amateur he is, but Isabelle is literally just the secretary. I'll get good with her so that I can dunk on my friends and tell them they're so trash they can't even beat the secretary. In a game where you can play as schizophrenic seafaring sycophant, a giant genocidal space pirate, a proficient pugilist known as the world's best known boxer, multiple heroes with swords of legend, two bounty hunters, angels, witches, literal Gods, genetically created super soldiers, a literal super fighting robot, and so much else, and you will lose to the shy smiling secretary.

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
Just wanted to drop in to say congratulations to everyone! I never was into Animal Crossing, but I always felt it deserved more representation. It's also always great to see others get their most (or in general) wanted characters get confirmed as well. I look forward to playing as her in December.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
So, Isabelle huh? Got to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Nobody was predicting her, but every now and again somebody mentioned her chances were good, given how she's practically the AC Mascot now due to her immediate popularity among AC fans the moment new leaf was released. A lot of people love Isabelle. A lot of fans like her a lot indeed. She sure feels the love from her fans, especially on the internet. Sure is a lot of lo- alright I'll stop it now. Still, surprising to see, but I'm not surprised. I'm waiting to see her official character art ripped any moment now.

All that said, Isabelle will definitely be my new disrespect character. Move over Pichu, Isabelle brings the pain. Sure, Villager doesn't fight much either, but I know I still acted like a meanie in AC a few times, planting pit traps, hitting villagers with axes, bug nets, and hammers, trapping them in 3x3 hole squares for the night, etc., and at Least Picha still has dominion over electricity and can summon lightning, though an amateur he is, but Isabelle is literally just the secretary. I'll get good with her so that I can dunk on my friends and tell them they're so trash they can't even beat the secretary. In a game where you can play as schizophrenic seafaring sycophant, a giant genocidal space pirate, a proficient pugilist known as the world's best known boxer, multiple heroes with swords of legend, two bounty hunters, angels, witches, literal Gods, genetically created super soldiers, a literal super fighting robot, and so much else, and you will lose to the shy smiling secretary.
I was already cool with her inclusion but you just made me love her even more. Seriously considering making her my secondary now.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEES! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING! ON MY BIRTHDAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

SHE
IS
NOT
AN
ECHO
OMG

I"M SO HYPED! I WILL BEAT EVERY FRIEND OF MINE WITH HER!

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Congrats guys!!! Ignore the haters. They are just mad because it wasn't the character they wanted and stole their "slot". I really doubt she did and she's a major character anyways and very popular. So, I expected Isabelle, but not as a unique character. Which is fine by me because I might like her play style better than the Villager. Speaking of which, she might've started off as an echo, and as development continues she became a Lucas/Wolf style character.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEES! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING! ON MY BIRTHDAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

SHE
IS
NOT
AN
ECHO
OMG

I"M SO HYPED! I WILL BEAT EVERY FRIEND OF MINE WITH HER!
Happy Birthday!

Isabelle is going to be so much fun mining salt from all those who look down on her. She so much fun destroying the competition in Mario Kart and will be just as fun in Smash.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Half of it is just the typical toxic Smash mentality of "If it's not MY character it's a waste." The other half of it is that the delay built up peoples hype and expectations way too high, expecting another info dump on Smash like last time for what was supposed to be a general Nintendo Direct.
Yeah. Isabelle's inclusion wasn't really a "heavy hitter" when compared to Simon or K. Rool, but people need to realize that her being in the game is such a sensible addition to the roster. I mean, she's one of the faces of a very successful Nintendo franchise. Practically the Luigi to the Villager at this point when making comparisons. I don't think there can even be another Animal Crossing game without her now.

To be frank, I was kind of surprised we even got as much Smash information as we did from this Direct, considering it was a general one. Though, you know what they say, you can never please everyone.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Fellow fan of Animal Crossing here! Isabelle looks so good, I'm happy she got in! Congrats to all you supporters!!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Looking through the thread, but I can't find her official render. Anybody ripped her official character art yet?

Also, if Smash Amiibo's aren't compatible with AC 2019, I have to wonder if Nintendo hates money. The New Leaf campsite update let you put Epona, Wolf Link, and even Ganon into your Town, The New Animal Crossing better let me have Ridley and K. Rool as Villagers.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Looking through the thread, but I can't find her official render. Anybody ripped her official character art yet?

Also, if Smash Amiibo's aren't compatible with AC 2019, I have to wonder if Nintendo hates money. The New Leaf campsite update lewt you put Epona, Wolf Link, and even Ganon into your Town, The New ANimal Crossing better let me have Ridley and K. Rool as Villagers.
Here it is:

zferolie

Smash Hero
oh the japanese twitter had the video of The changed smash roster picture... and its amazing

also, I still haven't seen the japanese reaction to Isabelle, thought not sure the best places to look.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I'm very happy that she's in Smash, and also very surprised that she's not an echo like I originally thought she would be. She looks pretty fun to play as, so I'm excited to try her out.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is posted. I don’t know where I get this picture from. It wasn’t seen in the website or did I miss it, but I found this.

F2C3E0A9-4AB3-44B9-80CB-77BA6803C992.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I might pick up Isabelle as a secondary main or something. Because she looks way more fun than Villager did, and Isabelle is one of the cutest characters ever in a video game.

Just the mental image of her kicking the crap out of the way more darker characters is hilarious.
"Cute Secretary Pooch plummets King of Darkness into the blast zone" :laugh:

zferolie

Smash Hero
so we get to see the cruelest character in nintendo history square off against the kindest most adorable. Place your bets people!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Imagining her heading Ridley's head back to him, then offering him participation coffee from Brewster or something.
I'm going to be disappointed with Deviantart if we don't get these crossovers :laugh:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Dropping by from the Banjo-Kazooie Thread to say congrats on getting Isabelle AND a new Animal Crossing game! Villager was one of my most wanted for Smash 4, and Isabelle was one of the most likely choices I was expecting for Ultimate (as an echo but she turned out even better) considering how she's pretty much the poster girl for Animal Crossing. And I loved playing New Leaf so I'm pretty hyped for the new game next year.

If Banjo-Kazooie doesn't make it in Ultimate then I'm either going to main Isabelle or have her as one of my secondaries.

Top Bottom