• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Adoption Center: Come play with puppies!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954

Looking for other Duck Hunt mains to play against? Want to learn the spammiest BEST MU ever! Here is the place to do it! Just leave your NNID, and schedule a time to play with one of our adorable puppies. They all need good homes, open your heart to a Duck Hunt today!

I'll be doing my best to play with anyone who requests it. I'm not the best doggy main, but I know the character pretty well. I encourage all other doggy mains to volunteer as well!

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I second that! I will gladly volunteer as well. I wanna become the best Duck Hunt in my region, so I will give it my all if we play together! I'll always be up for a couple games!

Last edited:

Jodien

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rollel
3DS FC
1590-4685-3315
First post!

I don't mind. I picked up Duck Hunt Dog as a secondary character to use so I'd love to learn what he can really do. xD

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Is this still a thing? Can I add one of you guys? Don't want to leave my nnid here.

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
I sent a request to all of you. Except you, outfoxd, it says you haven't started miiverse yet, so...but Wispy, I'll be online most of the day if you want to play. Muppet, we'll play when you get back, then.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I sent a request to all of you. Except you, outfoxd, it says you haven't started miiverse yet, so...but Wispy, I'll be online most of the day if you want to play. Muppet, we'll play when you get back, then.
How about in ten minutes? Just gotta set up my console, been to tournaments back to back lately, haha!

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
As you saw, I'm really bad with him. lol I also didn't know that dtilt kicks the can farther than ftilt. Will definitely be putting that to use. I also, cannot stop rolling with DH because when he runs he kinda slides and I get hit waaay more that way? I dunno, maybe I just shouldn't use him. But thanks for the matches I learned some things about him. Hopefully we can play again if I decide to keep sucking with using him. lol

Last edited:

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Don't drop the Dawg. He just takes more time than the average character to get used to.

Edit: also I know I'm a hypocrite cause I almost broke up with DHD. I was just lying to myself.

Last edited:

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
I'm still trying with Duck Hunt but I feel I am so terrible with him lol. Do any of you guys mind if I send you my DH replays and you can tell me what I'm doing wrong, what I'm doing right etc?

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
WOOT
At least I bound the thread where you can ask for matches. No wonder nobody answered me on the MU thread XD
Since there are so many doggies around here, could one help me to give my opinion on the MU ? I swear Rush is a good dog, they could even become friends !
*sweats while looking at the zapper*

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
WOOT
At least I bound the thread where you can ask for matches. No wonder nobody answered me on the MU thread XD
Since there are so many doggies around here, could one help me to give my opinion on the MU ? I swear Rush is a good dog, they could even become friends !
*sweats while looking at the zapper*
Hey feel free to add me, let's play together sometime!

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Since I'm visiting my grandparents for the time being and their internet connection is much better than mine, I think I'll be able to do some online matches for about a week. It would be nice to fight some doggys, even if the matches aren't dittos, as it's always fun to learn new things at first hand. NNID is todayalive96!

NeonViridian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkknightstar
3DS FC
3282-5023-4419
I need someone to help me get into Duck Hunt. Like, I know I'm supposed to be spammy but I need a few pointers to understand his neutral game

milesaint

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeasarArcana
3DS FC
2251-4318-3422
I don't have a Wii U so just add my 3DS FC if you wanna' play with me, I should be free most of the time, so just PM me and ask.

Anyway, Neon... From my experience, DHD's neutral game consists of a lot of attempts at combos, which tends to mean short or full-hop b/f-airs. N-air can be good too but not as great unless you wanna' kill from neutral [why would you though].
Well, okay yes also a lot of Clay Shooting, but you probably already knew that. Just know that your aerials are good. Really good. ...Your D-air is really laggy though. Don't land with it ever.

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
I don't have a Wii U so just add my 3DS FC if you wanna' play with me, I should be free most of the time, so just PM me and ask.

Anyway, Neon... From my experience, DHD's neutral game consists of a lot of attempts at combos, which tends to mean short or full-hop b/f-airs. N-air can be good too but not as great unless you wanna' kill from neutral [why would you though].
Well, okay yes also a lot of Clay Shooting, but you probably already knew that. Just know that your aerials are good. Really good. ...Your D-air is really laggy though. Don't land with it ever.
If you autocancel your dair landing with it is a very good option as it has a lot of follow ups such as uair and utilt. You should also use clay pigeon to mostly cover landing options, using it too much in neutral is very punishable and easy to catch on to. You also didn't mention the use of your other projectiles which are better options than clay pigeon most of the time.

Last edited:

milesaint

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeasarArcana
3DS FC
2251-4318-3422
Oh yeah, I went and added everyone who has a 3DS code except for Tha_Crystal_Gemz, as they expressed a desire to be asked before being added, so I'll uh...leave that to them for now.

Top Bottom