• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

SSS

Smash Ace
Lol so I think I posted on this months and months ago asking if y'all played Brawl and I got a resounding no. Well recently I've switched over and have been learning the ways of the melee. . .so much better. So if stuff's still going down. . .

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm in the irvine melee group, spenser

no excuses

i don't post there at all

LOL

edit: wait i'm not

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i'm in the irvine melee group, spenser

no excuses

i don't post there at all

LOL

edit: wait i'm not

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i think we both have to get in now

no excuses

(i guess)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hey DJMIRROR

hows the legit life treating you? i'm still a fraud but i'm trying my best so senpai will notice me

i'll watch is2 after i actually watch is1, probably sometime after thanksgiving looool

p.s.

I'm in the OC one. Does that count?
irvine does actually have its own group, you should probably join that one too just so people know who you are!! :)

p.p.s. this ****ing song tho

HolePuncher

Smash Rookie
I'm not an authority on this, but here is what I know:

There are two clubs at UCI that play smash: "Fighting Gamers @ UCI" , and "Super Smash Brothers Club at UCI". These are the facebook group names, so you can look them up there.

Fighting Gamers @ UCI meets every Tuesday night like clockwork in the student center (the room changes so check the facebook page). The club is mostly MvC and SSF, but all fighting games are welcome. Myself and a few friends are there just for Melee and show up around 7:30 or 8. We bring 2 setups and usually have 3-6 people.

Super Smash Brothers Club at UCI also meets Tuesday nights. Sometimes they book a room at the student center. Sometimes it's at someone's house. Sometimes they think they booked a room but find out they didn't and get kicked out >.< From what I've seen they bring 4-5 setups and usually have 12-15 people. One of the setups is PM and the rest are Melee.

On Tuesdays when both groups are at UCI the smash players combine. Last Tuesday (4/29) we had 6 or 7 setups and over 25 people. I'd estimate about half were UCI students. The skill range is very broad: the worst have little/no tournament experience, the best players have been playing competitively since the beginning. Last time I recognized a couple of guys from the SoCal top 20. In other words, everyone is welcome.

Last edited:

~~X~~

Smash Cadet
apparently everything is over facebook now anthony, and I know you hate facebook LOL

- matt ravioli

Edit: I MISS U GUYS, I WANNA GO TO THE BEACH WITH Y'ALL

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Too dead
I'm not an authority on this, but here is what I know:

There are two clubs at UCI that play smash: "Fighting Gamers @ UCI" , and "Super Smash Brothers Club at UCI". These are the facebook group names, so you can look them up there.

Fighting Gamers @ UCI meets every Tuesday night like clockwork in the student center (the room changes so check the facebook page). The club is mostly MvC and SSF, but all fighting games are welcome. Myself and a few friends are there just for Melee and show up around 7:30 or 8. We bring 2 setups and usually have 3-6 people.

Super Smash Brothers Club at UCI also meets Tuesday nights. Sometimes they book a room at the student center. Sometimes it's at someone's house. Sometimes they think they booked a room but find out they didn't and get kicked out >.< From what I've seen they bring 4-5 setups and usually have 12-15 people. One of the setups is PM and the rest are Melee.

On Tuesdays when both groups are at UCI the smash players combine. Last Tuesday (4/29) we had 6 or 7 setups and over 25 people. I'd estimate about half were UCI students. The skill range is very broad: the worst have little/no tournament experience, the best players have been playing competitively since the beginning. Last time I recognized a couple of guys from the SoCal top 20. In other words, everyone is welcome.
Go to OCC on Fridays for gaming club scrubs.
Are the meetings for these open to the general public or do you have to be a student there? Weekly Smash tournies at UCI sounds fun.

SSS

Smash Ace
Too dead

Are the meetings for these open to the general public or do you have to be a student there? Weekly Smash tournies at UCI sounds fun.
You can just show up. They don't check ID or anything. This Friday is the last one of the semester though. . .and it's potluck. So bring some tacos or something.

Top Bottom