• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 40-Man Roster Game

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Before this thread starts, I'm giving this thread credit to @Kooj Kooj who made the 12-man roster thread as seen on here. I'm also giving credit to @Diddy Kong for his Melee Roster Reboot thread due to some of his ideas will be used for this thread.

Now some of you know what this is, the Brawl roster. For this thread, you're welcome to choose any 40 characters from the Smash series so far (or those who you'd like to see make it in the series such as K Rool, Issac, Ridley, etc) to make it become your best 40 character for Smash! If you're wondering why 40, it's because of the total amount of playable characters in Brawl was 40 counting the transformation characters.

Before we go for it, I'm going to explain a few rules for this fun activity.

1. The original 8 (:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu:) MUST be on your list. No exceptions from them to be excluded

2. The unlockable 4 (:4luigi::4falcon::4ness::4jigglypuff:) are not recommended, but strongly encouraged to be added to your roster

3. Each series must have a maximum of 3 characters. Only the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon series are allowed to increase their max characters to 4 due to being the Big Three for Nintendo. DK, Yoshi, and Wario counts as their own series so they are excluded from being apart of Mario.

4. Only a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 3rd party characters are allowed. This is to keep the guessing game going. Because of 3rd parties being allowed, 4th parties are NOT allowed in anyway. So no Goku, Bugs Bunny, Shrek, etc.

5. Must match EXACTLY 40 characters. You may include transformations/rotations such as Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zamus, and Pokemon Trainer as long as they match up to 40 characters altogether. If you don't want any transformation characters, at least 40 Smash fighters will do!

6. Must have half of the roster being starters and the other half being unlockables. This is to throw some fresh ideas out instead of everyone being starters and to try giving Smash Bros something else. Wii U/3DS didn't really make the unlockables fun so what's a better way to do it than not just upping the unlockables, but to also create some fresh ideas on how to unlock them?

Sounds simple right? Let's give this a try (and with an example from me)

Starting Roster:

:4mario::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy:
:4kirby::4dedede::4link::4samus::4fox:
:4pikachu::4greninja::4shulk::4robinm::4villager:
:4pit::4olimar::popo: (Inklings) (Spring Man)

Full Roster:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario:
:4dk::4diddy: (Dixie Kong) :4kirby::4metaknight: :4dedede:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: (Impa) :4samus:(Ridley)

:4fox::wolf: :4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:
:4falcon::4ness: :4shulk::4marth::4feroy::4robinm:
:4villager::4pit::4palutena::4littlemac::4olimar::popo:
(Inklings) (Spring Man) :4sonic: (Crash Bandicoot)

Dixie Kong, Wolf, and Roy are the semi clones in this game due to being last minute characters added.

Also want to say, please respect another person's roster. If you'd like to ask why they made that choice, you're welcome to do so. But leave the debates and arguments out of this thread or keep it in PM.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I made my 12 man roster based on who was relevant right now and assuming if it was the first smash game.

I'll make this one assuming it's a sequel to that list that came out a year after

Start with:
:4mario::4dk::4yoshi::4pikachu::4kirby::4link::4samus: :4marth::4bowser::4villager:Rex+pyra, Inklings, Springman,:4fox::4diddy::4dedede::4metaknight::4lucario::4zelda: Shovel Knight

Unlockable:
:4bowserjr::4shulk::4luigi::4wario2::4olimar::4pit::4mewtwo:(new fire emblem lord from upcoming game) (New pokemon from upcoming Game), Lucas, Isabelle, Ganon, Lyndis (she's the first lord we had in the west and is one of the most popular in both the east and west),, :4sonic:, Shantae, :4gaw::4ness::4falcon:Takamaru, Cranky Kong

note: also add the octolings as an alternate skin for the inklings. The same with :4lucina: for :4marth: and of course the koopalings for :4bowserjr:

Edit: didn't read the rules before... though I didn't have much to change to suit said rules.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, this is way too restrictive compared to the other two threads.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah, this is way too restrictive compared to the other two threads.
How so? I thought this was perfectly made. Not to mention that this is something different that I'd like to try. Seeing "too restrictive" isn't really helping your argument

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How so? I thought this was perfectly made. Not to mention that this is something different that I'd like to try. Seeing "too restrictive" isn't really helping your argument
Honestly only the character limit and third party rule should be kept. Things like "needs at least fifteen series" and "needs two last minute clones" and "half need to be unlockables" are needlessly restrictive.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Honestly only the character limit and third party rule should be kept. Things like "needs at least fifteen series" and "needs two last minute clones" and "half need to be unlockables" are needlessly restrictive.
You ever thought about trying something new for once? It's called getting the creativity ideas out even with some edits I just made

Sheesh

35? But it's 40 characters in the title.
I caught that and edited. My bad!

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I agree that this thread would be a lot more fun without all of the restrictive rules. Just putting an upper cap on the amount of characters is enough to make it a fun challenge imo.

Luckily, my personal roster happens to already meet most of these requirements, so I might as well post it anyway :p

Luigi, Pichu, Lucina, and Wolf are the clones. Toon Link would have been the fifth, but Wild Link's moveset would be so different from Smash 4 Link's that he and Toon Link would no longer be similar enough to really call them a clone pair. I think it'd be fun if Toon Link inherited some of Smash 4 Link's moves, though, like his Nair and Bair, so Wild Link could have those changed.

If you really want us to have EXACTLY 40 characters for whatever reason, you can add... I dunno, maybe Meta Knight, Villager, and Wario. (There's no fourth because Pyra and Mythra would have some sort of transformation gimmick, bringing the total to 37.)

This is meant to be kind of a "hard reboot," so a lot of Smash veterans like Ness and Jigglypuff are cut. I think it's a lot more fun to have lots of newcomers than to be weighed down by series staples, personally. Falcon is the only character who's included based on just his Smash history, because how could you not honestly? (There are, however, some characters like K. Rool, Wolf, and Isaac who are included largely because of the support they have within the Smash scene.)

As an aside, I plan on writing up movesets for a good portion of these characters over at Make Your Move, once the 21st contest starts. That should be pretty soon, so if you're interested, you can "watch" the thread to be notified whenever we post about the start of the next contest. :)

EDIT: Fixed the images, oops.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
This was my roster of 26:
:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4marth::4robinm::4falcon::4ness::4pit::4olimar::4villager::4littlemac::4shulk:(Inklings):4sonic::snake:

My additions to that would be:
:4luigi:(Dixie Kong):4wario2::4ganondorf::4zss::4metaknight::4falco::4jigglypuff::4myfriends::4lucas::4palutena:(Chibi-Robo) (Spring Man):4megaman:

Fans would have demanded Luigi.
My game would have acted on the love for Donkey Kong Country sooner.
Wario would be in, but with his Wario Land moveset.
Ganondorf, by popular demand.
Zero Suit Samus, by popular demand.
Meta Knight, by popular demand.
Falco would be in to keep Star Fox important.
Jigglypuff would be a wild-card pick. My Pokemon roster is already fairly strong as it is.
Fans would have wantes Ike just as much as they want Lyn today if he wasn't already in.
Lucas, by popular demand.
Palutena, for a 2nd Kid Icarus rep.
Chibi-Robo and Spring Man would be my picks to represent new series.
Mega Man would be my choice for a third-party.

:171:

D

Deleted member

I didn't really follow some of the rules, but here's mine. It has 8 newcomers: Captain Toad, K. Rool, Ridley, Lyn, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Rex & Pyra, and Inkling. If you think that's a lot for a 40 character roster, it is, but there have to be a good number of new characters to keep things interesting, even at the cost of a few veterans like Bowser Jr./Rosalina & Luma/Diddy/Mewtwo/Wolf. It is a bit biased and I was unsure about not including some of the more important veterans, but I only made it for fun and overall I think it's a decent representation of what a new Smash game would look like if it only had 40 characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

BinWeevil28

Banned via Administration
If this was the FIRST Smash game right now, it would be a modified version of this roster.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Mario: Mario (s), Luigi, Bowser (s), Peach (s)
Pokemon: Pikachu (s), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario (s)
LoZ: Link (s), Zelda (s), Ganondorf
DK: Donkey Kong (s), Diddy Kong (s), K. Rool
Yoshi: Yoshi (s)
Kirby: Kirby (s), King Dedede (s), Meta Knight
Starfox: Fox (s), Falco
Metroid: Samus (s)
F-Zero: Captain Falcon (s)
Mother: Ness (s), Lucas
KI: Pit (s), Palutena
FE: Marth (s), Ike, Lyn
AC: Villager (s)
G&W: Game&Watch
Warioware: Wario
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta
Capcom: Mega Man
IC: Ice Climbers
ARMS: Spring Man
XBC: Shulk
Panel de Pon: Lip
Splatoon: Inklings (s)

S = starter

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
My 12
:4mario::4bowser::4dk::4link::4kirby::4samus:
:4pikachu::4greninja::4olimar::4robinm::4shulk:Inklings

Here's 26!
:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4samus:(Takamaru):4pit::4littlemac::4duckhunt:
:4pikachu:(Infernape):4greninja:(Decidueye):4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4robinm::4olimar::4shulk::4villager:(Inklings)(Spring Man)

The 40!
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy:(King K Rool)
:4link::4zelda:(Ganon):4samus:(Sylux)(Takamaru):4pit:(Medusa)
:4pikachu::4mewtwo:(Infernape):4greninja:(Decidueye):4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::wolf::4marth::4robinm::4olimar::4alph::4shulk:(Elma)
:4villager:(Inklings)(Octolings)(Spring Man):4littlemac::4duckhunt::4sonic::4megaman:

Mario Bros and Spin Off Row!
- Luigi breaks away from being an alt and becomes his own character.
- King K Rool adds the big mean crocodile to shake up the DK roster.

Sister Series!
- LoZ gains Ganon, their big bad and completing the Tri. Funny enough, he wouldn't be a clone even if he had his current move set in my roster.
- Samus gains her upcoming enemy in new game, Sylux. Good for advertisement.
- Medusa completes the theme of evil creeping in. Her snakes and dark magic would be very welcomed.

Cute and Deadly!
- Pokemon gains Mewtwo, seeing as he was the original end game boss. Deoxys or Gen 8 were also highly considered.
- Metaknight would be the obvious addition.

Future and Past!
- Fox gets his rival. Wolf would be mostly unique.
- FE gains it's original lord.
- Olimar gets a last minute clone. (rules!)
- Elma steps in for Xenoblade as she offers unique weapons.

Misc
- AC stays the same since the series isn't that focused on fighting.
- Octolings step in as another last minute clone. (rules!)
- Arms stays the same even though I strongly considered another rep, but it'd be better to wait on it.
- 3rd parties goes to Sonic (duh) and Megaman. Crash was highly considered as well.

I like my 40. I feel the roster was shaped pretty evenly showing growth in reps across the board and not zeroed in. Wario was the biggest one I left off, but he could get in next time! Also considered Wii Fit Trainer over Octolings and count Luigi or Wolf as the other clone, but I wanted both those boys to be more unique than last minute clones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll throw my hat into the ring.
My original 12 were :4mario:,:4bowser:,:4dk:,:4link:,:4samus:,:4marth:,:4kirby:,:4pikachu:,:4villager:, Inkling, :4sonic:, and Crash Bandicoot.

Now for newcomers.
Let's start with franchise expansions:
Mario and co. - :4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4wario2:
Donkey Kong - :4diddy: and King K. Rool
The Legend of Zelda - :4zelda: and Pig Ganon
Metroid - Ridley
Fire Emblem - :4myfriends::4robinm:
Kirby - :4dedede::4metaknight:
Pokemon - :4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: and Decidueye (I'm bending the rules to include a relevant character)

That's 17 newcomers so far, which means we're at 29 characters. Time to bring in some new series:
:4fox::4ness::4falcon::4pit::4littlemac::4olimar::4shulk: and Isaac from Golden Sun (It's my roster, bite me).
:wolf::4lucas: as Semi-clones

And the third party addition...
:4megaman:

I think that's exactly 40. It has some bias thrown in but hey, there's no rule against it, right? :troll:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
12 Person Roster Newcomers
Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Fox, Marth, Olimar, Villager, Shulk, Inkling, Sonic

26 Person Roster Newcomers
Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf, Eevee, Mewtwo, Meta-Knight, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Mii, Banjo & Kazooie

40 Person Roster Newcomers
Captain Toad
Skull Kid
Gengar
Anna
Isabelle
Elma
Ness
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Little Mac
Andy
Spring Man
Crash Bandicoot

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My Starters
:4mario:(:4drmario:as an alt):4luigi:(Doc Weegee as an alt):4peach::4bowser: :4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario:
:4link::4tlink::4zelda:(can change to :4sheik:):4ganondorf:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4lucario:
:4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena:
:4kirby::4ness:(:4lucas:alt):4fox:(:4falco::wolf:alts):4falcon:
:4marth:(with:4lucina:,:4feroy:, Alm, Lyn, and Chrom as alts):4myfriends::4robinm:/:4robinf:(Tharja and Celica)alts:4shulk:

Sega Party::4sonic::4bayonetta:/:4bayonetta2:

My Unlockables
:4wiifit::4olimar::4jigglypuff::popo::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4villager:
3rd Parties
:4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There are some of you guys not paying attention to the rules

3. Each series must have a maximum of 3 characters. Only the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon series are allowed to increase their max characters to 4 due to being the Big Three for Nintendo. DK, Yoshi, and Wario counts as their own series so they are excluded from being apart of Mario.
Some of you are playing 4 or 5 characters in specific series

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
My 26-man roster from the other thread:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4wario::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4kirby::4pikachu::4greninja:
(Mimikyu):4samus::4olimar::4lucina:(Celica):4villager::4shulk:(Elma) (Inklings) :4duckhunt::4pit::4fox::4sonic:

My 14 additions:
:4diddy: (Dixie) (Impa) :4metaknight::4dedede::4mewtwo:(Ridley)
(FE3H protagonist) (Isabelle) (Rex & Pyra) :4palutena::4rob::4falcon::4bayonetta:

1. Luigi
  2. Wario
  3. Ganondorf
  4. Greninja
  5. Mimikyu
  6. Celica
  7. Shulk
  8. Elma
  9. Duck Hunt
  10. Pit
  11. Sonic
  12. Dixie
  13. Meta Knight
  14. King Dedede
  15. Mewtwo
  16. Ridley
  17. Palutena
  18. R.O.B.
  19. Captain Falcon
  20. Bayonetta

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Kind of late, but hey, I like a challenge!
Italics are unlockable characters.

Mario-Luigi-Princess Peach-Bowser-Balloon Fighter
Donkey Kong-Link-Zelda-Ganondorf-Yoshi
Samus-Ridley-Ness-Capt. Falcon-Fox
Pikachu-New Legendary-Charizard-Jigglypuff-Inkling
Kirby-King D3-Wario-Shulk-Elma
Marth-New FE character-Mr. G&W-R.O.B.-Wii Fit Trainer
Villager-Isabelle-Pit-Spring Man-Ancient Minister
Sonic-Mega Man-Ryu-Pac Man-Slime

Last edited:

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
All the characters MUST be wearing hats, and also atleast 37 consoles have to represented and Geno has to be in the roster because I said so.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultyoshi::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultfox::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultness::ultjigglypuff: - Original 12
:ultbowser::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultmewtwo:- Necessary Melee characters
:ultzss::ultolimar::ultrob::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultdiddy::ultike::ultsonic: - Necessary Brawl characters
:ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultpalutena::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultrobin:ultmegaman::ultpacman: - Necessary 3DS/Wii U characters
:ultkrool::ultridley::ultinkling: - Necessary Ultimate characters

Hopefully I didn't break any of the rules. I tried being conservative with series representatives. I'd probably cut the third parties in favour of more Pokemon, but rules is rules.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
(Starters)
:ultmario::ultbowser::ultlink::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultpikachu::4charizard::ultkirby::ultsamus::ultfox::ultpit::ultrobin:ultshulk::ultvillager::ultolimar::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultyoshi:
(Unlocks)
:ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultmarth::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultike::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultkrool::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultmetaknight::ultridley::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsonic:

Last edited:

Battiest Badger

Smash Cadet
I didn't know how I wanted to sort it. It probably looks like a mess, so I hid it in spoilers. I do believe I followed all the rules, though.

Any character after a "/" is unlockable

Mario Series + Yoshi
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi:

Wario Ware:
:ultwario: / Ashley

Donkey Kong:
:ultdk: / :ultkrool:

Legend of Zelda:
:ultlink::ultzelda: / :ultganondorf:

Fire Emblem:
:ultmarth: / :ultrobinf:

Kid Icarus:
:ultpit: / :ultpalutena:

Pokemon:
:ultpikachu: / Blaziken, Greninja, Decidueye
[I know Greninja has an icon, but it looked ugly in the middle of the other two, and they have to be in Generation order]

Star Fox:
:ultfox: / Krystal, Andross

Metroid:
:ultsamus: / :ultridley:

Kirby:
:ultkirby: / :ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:

Other Series:
:ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultness:

/

Rex and Pyra
Isaac
Ribbon Girl
Chibi Robo
Ray Mk III
:ultmegaman:
:ultsonic:

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultduckhunt::ultness::ultfalcon:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer:*:ultmarth::ultrobin*:ultshulk:*:ultinkling:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultfalco::ultvillager:
:ultolimar:
:ultmiifighters:

* = Newest rep at the time (Current gen for Pokemon/FE/Xenoblade)

Pokemon Trainer in this scenario blends multiple starting Pokemon across generations.

D

Deleted member

Here is my roster, sorted by series, and kinda sorta Nintendo relevance (minus 3rd parties and exceptions due to my laziness woot)

Starting Roster:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdk::ultdiddy:
:ultyoshi::ultlink::ultzelda::ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
:ultpikachu::charizard::ultsamus::ultmarth::ultvillager:
:ultfox::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultduckhunt::ultsonic:

Full Roster:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy:
:ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpikachu::squirtle::ivysaur:
:charizard::ultmewtwo::ultsamus::ultridley::ultmarth::ultike:
:ultrobin:ultvillager:(Isabelle):ultfox::ultwolf::ultfalcon:
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultinkling:(Lip):ultrob::ultduckhunt:
:ultgnw::ultsimon::ultsonic::ultpacman:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I can do better and reduce it to 35.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser:
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
:ultpokemontrainer:1
:ultfalcon:2
:ultness::ultlucas:3
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin4
:ultpit::ultpalutena:5
:ultinkling:6

1. Pokémon Trainer is a 3-in-1 character. Current Pokémon are grass, fire, and water types. This can be altered for each new generation.
2. Black Shadow could be the antagonist representative of the F-Zero series.
3. Porky Minch makes sense as an antagonist, since he's been in Mother 2 and 3.
4. Potential customization options could be used for Marth and Ike. This could be exclusive to them, although it could be extended to others.
5. Dark Pit can be a palette with a different voice, much like Bowser Jr. Medusa deserves an entry for the antagonist.
6. Octoling could be a villain, although this could just be a palette, rather than an actual character.

D

Deleted member

Gonna do it with just 35 (15 unlocks):

:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultpacman:
:ultluigi::ultdiddy::ultzelda::ultridley::ultmetaknight::ultfalcon::4charizard: 3H :ultmegaman:
:ultpeach::ultkrool::ultganondorf::ultpit::ultkingdedede::ultness::ultmewtwo: Rex :ultsonic:
:ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultwario::ultinkling::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultlucario:Gen8 Rnd

Unlocks are:ultluigi::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo: Gen8 3H Rex:ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsonic:

Echo fighters of staying characters stay; Doc, Falco, and Lucas also become echoes. They all need to be unlocked.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultsonic::ultmegaman:
:ultlittlemac::ultinkling::ultolimar::ultness::ultlucas::ultshulk::ultvillager::ultfalcon:
:ultsimon:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::4charizard::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin:ultwario:

I think this Roster has the biggest characters for each series and does good keeping all the big name Nintendo franchises. Since this is a 40 man roster, I didn't want to have too many 3rd parties, and retro pics are always nice but the tend not to be the most liked characters so if I had to cut any characters I would consider them pretty quickly (I love you R.O.B). I of course didn't include any of the echoes as well and trimmed the FE roster down to the most influential non-clone ones (Marth being the original, Ike being recurring and popular, and Robin being unique and Awakening launched the series). I tried to keep at least 1 character from each series that was one of those types barring WFT. I put in the 3 most wanted 3rd parties from Brawl, Smash 4, and Ultimate. And lastly I put in Isaac because he's one of the few glaring omissions imo.

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Starting Roster
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultfox:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultvillager:
:ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultrobin:ultolimar::ultinkling::ultpit:

Full Roster
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultgnw:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultvillager:

:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:Recent Gen Rep:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin:ultfox::ultfalco::ultolimar::ultinkling:
:ultpit::ultshulk::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultfalcon::ultwiifittrainer::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultsonic::ultmegaman:

I tried to bring every first-party series that's ever been in Smash in. The only one missing is R.O.B.

Top Bottom