• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

nyricanjr

Smash Rookie
20XX Costume Previews for ALL Characters

Download Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/82qxs9mojrd0u0r/20XX+Custom+Costume+Previews.rar

*This pack uses skins that are not originally in 20XX, so we included them in the download. This can be used on any version of 20XX, even if it updates (hopefully). Follow the readme included.

**Sadly, we will not be taking requests.

Thanks to @Stache for helping out with taking pictures/cutouts.
DAT Texture Wizard isn't showing me the MnSlChr.usd file. Help?

D

Deleted member 337186

Download Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/82qxs9mojrd0u0r/20XX+Custom+Costume+Previews.rar

*This pack uses skins that are not originally in 20XX, so we included them in the download. This can be used on any version of 20XX, even if it updates (hopefully). Follow the readme included.

this is f**king amazing. keep up the amazing work!

Doq

Smash Lord
Keep in mind the version of DTW that The Melee Toolbox has is an older version and does not support 20XX v4.05. MTBv4.5 will have the latest version, though... whenever I finish preparing for release.

That is, if you use it (which any novice or casual modder should). But if you don't completely disregard this.

Last edited:

ANigerian

Smash Rookie
How do you save playlists / music options in general? Every time I reboot, I have to re-set the music options

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
hey sorry I'm trying to change the sound file for battlefield and it doesn't seem to be there anymore did all the audio files for stages get name changed? If so is there a list of those names somewhere? thanks in advance

DaddyLeftMe

Smash Rookie
I doubt this has been asked but is there anyway to make Tournament mode work? When It starts a match it just goes back to the menu

EDIT: I just realized the option for Tournament mode isnt even in the special menu anymore.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I doubt this has been asked but is there anyway to make Tournament mode work? When It starts a match it just goes back to the menu

EDIT: I just realized the option for Tournament mode isnt even in the special menu anymore.
No. It cannot be accessed and much of the code controlling it has been overwritten.
hey sorry I'm trying to change the sound file for battlefield and it doesn't seem to be there anymore did all the audio files for stages get name changed? If so is there a list of those names somewhere? thanks in advance
Debug Menu --> Music Codes --> Track preview at the bottom tells you the filename.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
How do you make it that the CPU does nothing, but upon getting hit DIs?

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed before, but I did not find it in this thread.

Certain alternate costumes causes the game to freeze when selecting a stage as if it is unable to find the correct textures and loads infinitely. I also saw that some skins use .usd files and others use .dat files. Is there a reason for this and how would I know when to use which?

If it matters, I am using nintendont and an 8 GB sdhc SanDisk to load 20XX. Any help as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed before, but I did not find it in this thread.

Certain alternate costumes causes the game to freeze when selecting a stage as if it is unable to find the correct textures and loads infinitely. I also saw that some skins use .usd files and others use .dat files. Is there a reason for this and how would I know when to use which?

If it matters, I am using nintendont and an 8 GB sdhc SanDisk to load 20XX. Any help as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.
the .usd and .dat files are interchangeable so it doesn't matter which you put into which. if your game is freezing you installed a broken skin, so you should try to identify which skin specifically that was and replace it. it sounds like it was a falcon one

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
the .usd and .dat files are interchangeable so it doesn't matter which you put into which. if your game is freezing you installed a broken skin, so you should try to identify which skin specifically that was and replace it. it sounds like it was a falcon one
It is a Falcon one. I have tried it in other slots and the skins worked. I'm puzzled as to how I can change the skins in the alternate red skin slots. The root files for 20XX don't have .rat or .lat file formats as most (if not all, haven't checked) other alternate costumes do.

Thank you for your response, btw. This is extremely frustrating.

whims

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , i made a video tutorial for using MeleeHps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_eYsBYsMck, really low quality rn but it should finish processing sooner or later), if you find it at all helpful. several people inquire about how to make .hps files and miss your thread/have trouble following the thread, so i thought a video tutorial might be a good addition to the (already great) thread.

i know some people have made some tools for .hps files, but afaik they don't support custom loops at this point, so i included links to those in the description but went ahead and made the tutorial for the MeleeHps tool.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Event Suggestion:

"Don't Get Hit"

Player has one stock and any character can be picked.

Each attack of the enemy is the equivalent of getting a knee of justice in the face by Falcon. If you can add electric effect as well that would be great.

Enemy has four stocks, the character you face is random. In order to complete the event you must survive and clear the enemy's four stocks.

CPU is 20XX normal type.

Score Calculated as follows:

1 hit is 1 point.

Points given double for each hit given without getting hit.

Ex: Falco waveshines CPU (1 point) and follows up with a b air (2 points) then ledge cancels platforms to other side and finishes them off with a down air (4 points) : Total 7 points.

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
So sorry for asking this but could someone link me to a list of where each alternate costume is stored in 4.05? Something like achilles posted for the 3.02 build

Foxco

Smash Cadet
Cpu toggle suggestion:
Not sure if this is possible but I imagine it being super useful if we could have a record/playback cpu action feature for training like in street fighter. I suppose it would be like a more complex and in depth version of the cpu action spam toggle in 3.02, but if not too difficult and time consuming, I could see this being a really beneficial feature.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
So sorry for asking this but could someone link me to a list of where each alternate costume is stored in 4.05? Something like achilles posted for the 3.02 build
Different than what the DAT texture wizard does?

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

I had never seen that blue Bowser skin. Are some of these not posted in the Texture Thread? Your download doesn't include one of the red Captain Falcons pictured. I really like this, it looks great.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I had never seen that blue Bowser skin. Are some of these not posted in the Texture Thread? Your download doesn't include one of the red Captain Falcons pictured. I really like this, it looks great.
Really? Which red falcon? I'll fix it asap.

*edit
just fixed it, sorry about that. Here's the link to the fixed full download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/356f0y60kfdyj07/20XX+Custom+Costume+Previews+1.1.rar

and heres the individual costumes if you don't want to redownload the whole thing

Red Right: http://puu.sh/pEKXC/0e6b43b7bf.usd
Red Left: http://puu.sh/pEKYj/5edf533f1f.usd

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Really? Which red falcon? I'll fix it asap.

*edit
just fixed it, sorry about that. Here's the link to the fixed full download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/356f0y60kfdyj07/20XX+Custom+Costume+Previews+1.1.rar

and heres the individual costumes if you don't want to redownload the whole thing

Red Right: http://puu.sh/pEKXC/0e6b43b7bf.usd
Red Left: http://puu.sh/pEKYj/5edf533f1f.usd
Also, you have a picture of Marth Vader on Black Marth instead of purple Marth.

Top Bottom