• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is 20XX 4.05 fully NTSC? I mean, when putting the SDI/DI behavior to 1.02, will the game have all of 1.02's properties or...?
It’s still somewhat of a hybrid build in small ways. Flame cancel, PK Thunder not disappearing after Ness is damaged, and boomerang superjump are all permanently enabled at the moment (v1.00 “buffs”).

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
It’s still somewhat of a hybrid build in small ways. Flame cancel, PK Thunder not disappearing after Ness is damaged, and boomerang superjump are all permanently enabled at the moment (v1.00 “buffs”).
Only those? Is everything else fixed and right where it should be? You should make that a toggleable option.

joshcar16

Smash Rookie
Hey all I have a question on how I can tweak with the camera. I want to be able to set the camera in a fixed spot on a stage and then play the game out from there. Is this possible? For example, let's say I want to put the camera in the upper right hand part of battlefield and rotate it a little. Can I do this without having to pause the game? I've read through the wiki, but I can't figure out if this is possible.

TLDR: I want to set the camera somewhere else.

JoeyS

Smash Rookie
Which cpu ai type makes them like level 1 cpus on the last patch? I want to practice just comboing and all the different ai's either recover weird or don't di well. This may just be a placebo, though.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Which cpu ai type makes them like level 1 cpus on the last patch? I want to practice just comboing and all the different ai's either recover weird or don't di well. This may just be a placebo, though.
Normalish or Multi-Man. The only custom things that CPUs other than "Normal" do are DI and tech/getup options, as defined in the Debug Menu.
Hey all I have a question on how I can tweak with the camera. I want to be able to set the camera in a fixed spot on a stage and then play the game out from there. Is this possible? For example, let's say I want to put the camera in the upper right hand part of battlefield and rotate it a little. Can I do this without having to pause the game? I've read through the wiki, but I can't figure out if this is possible.

TLDR: I want to set the camera somewhere else.
Not in this version of 20XX. You can do it in Develop Mode in vanilla SSBM.
https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Melee/Master_Debug_Menu#Camera_Controls
XDelta doesn't work since is x64 and i need x86
that sucks
Just download the root files.
What are the "Don't Use" 1,2 & 3 debug levels? Should I not use them?
Also how do you get out of the develop mode?
They are other Debug Levels that the developers implemented into the game. They don't provide anything new/different that we aware of that Master or Develop can't do. So yes, don't use the ones that are labeled "don't use". You get out of Develop Mode by turning it back to Master Mode. If you're talking about exiting a match, pressing X+DPad Up is equivalent to pressing Start like normal.
https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Melee/Master_Debug_Menu#DBLEVEL_Controls
Only those? Is everything else fixed and right where it should be? You should make that a toggleable option.
Yes. Fixed as in not modifiable or fixed as in something was broken? Everything else is 1.02 with all the 20XX features and Debug Menu.
Is it possible to change spacies laser colors via RGB like you can with shield colors and metal colors?
Yeah, I'm sure it's possible, I just haven't looked into it.
I have a problem with building that 20XX 4.05.iso .. I've been following all steps, but at the end it just does not create the 20XX 4.05.iso file. I've been following all steps like on this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coalrZcMd00. I hope someone can help me or upload that file eventually ..
Just download the root files and follow the included README. You don't need anything else to make the ISO than what is included in the download.
I dont know why, but i really wanted to access sandbag in VS mode. Maybe in the same way we can access the wire frames by pressing Z on a character?
I could do that, but Sandbag doesn't have a lot of attacks/normal action states and inputting those causes the game to freeze. So it's super duper prone to crashing which is why I just decided to not have that option.
I've been having an insane amount of desyncs over netplay with 4.05. Is there some new settings I need to disable/enable in Dolphin to stop all the desyncs? I never had this issue with 20xx 3.02. I'm even getting desyncs mid-game which is very strange. 20xx 4.05 is the only version of Melee I desync with.

Also, I changed the 20xx ISO to GALEXX.
Does your opponent have the gameID set to GALEXX? Playing two identical copies of the same 20XX on netplay, with all the same 20XX settings enabled is the exact same as playing two identical copies of vanilla Melee.
I've been trying to figure this out on my own but i can't seem to get it.

So I've found all the empty space in the DOL that you've specified and placed the item spawn code found in your post here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/custom-subaction-event-projectile-item-spawn.427019/

at 0x407950.

When I do just that, nothing happens when the command is called. In fact, it doesn't call any actions past it. Then, I used the code manager tool, injected the code a vanilla v1.02 DOL and compared it's hexadecimal values with an unmodified v1.02 DOL. I found 2 things, the first being the code was injected 0xBC9 (the first empty space the code manager found?) and the second was that at 0x6E26C, 80640008 was changed to 4BF92540. I assume 4BF92540 is the "branch" specified here:

Taking what I gathered from this, I tried replicating this process on the 20XX DOL and I got the same problem as before where nothing happens and it ignored actions past the item spawn action. I assumed the only variable here was the branch because it was the only thing not specified and could possibly be different based on where the code was placed.

Finally, I put the item spawn code in roughly the same spot as where it was in the vanilla DOL (a couple of offsets up because it would overwrite some other code) and placed the "branch" at 0x6E26C and here's where I currently am:

The action is supposed to give the player a bat but it seems to be failing part way. I've also tested this action on the vanilla DOL and it works so the action syntax is not at fault.

I guess my question is how would you go about adding this code to the 20XX DOL? I apologize for the wall of text, just wanted you to know where I was coming from with all this.
Start with a fresh Melee Code Manager download. Delete the .txt files that default come with the program that contain codes. Make a new .txt file for it to read.
In the Melee Code Manager folder that contains the .exe file, open Settings.py in an editor and change the CommonCodeRegions line to this:
Capture.PNG

Then manually add in codes in the Tools tab of the program and apply them to the DOL.
I'm having problems with the CPU missed tech getups. I can set the CPU to miss tech every time just fine, but when I set the getup attack only to 100, he does both getup attack or getup in place. Am I doing it wrong?
Just tested it. You are not doing anything wrong. If you set the "chance for frame perfect getup" to 100, then they will getup attack as early as possible. But it looks like after the random frames of laying on the ground, executing the getup is not happening (and therefore they lay and wait until they are forced to stand up). I'll look into it. Thanks for the report.
Is there some way to make custom music in this version of 20XX?
20XX Music Manager
Very confused regarding replacing music in the new 20xx..
All old tutorials or guides bring up deleting the MvHowto files and such and replacing them then in the audio folder replacing for example 'bigblue.hps' with an hps of the same name that you've created.
However, in 20xx 4.05 all the hps files are replaced by numerical values up to 76.
Is there any easy explanation to get your own HPS's into 4.05 or any guides I could be pointed to? Or a better place to ask?
All the movie files have already been deleted. Yes, the music files are now indexed by headecimal numbers. The filename is shown below the "Track Preview" option in the Music Codes Debug Menu.
This was my guide for adding new HPS files to the filesystem: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-113#post-20431568
See that 20XX Music Manager post that can automate the process.
Ok Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and really anyone else that can answer these quick questions really.

My first question is whether or not it is possible to replace the legal stages like Yoshi's with a different texture but ONLY on the second page. I want to have alternate textures of all the legal stages but I don't want to replace the ones on the first page. I'm sure this is possible but I was just hoping someone could explain it really quickly or link me too where it has already been explained

My second question revolves around custom music but it is not about how to add more music. I've got that covered. My problem is that I want to add songs up to FF.hps but I ran out of room on my ISO. Is there anyway that I could decrease the size of certain files or make GCR ignore the max size or whatever. I don't want to replace any of the songs Achilles already added or any of melee's default songs if I don't have to so please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks for the help.
First:
Yes, you can. You would need to give it a unique filename, by changing one letter, and then adding that new file to the filesystem and modifying the 20XX Stage Swap Engine. So name it something like GrSt.1at.

Second:
Idk about making GCR ignore the max size, but I know it can't handle a larger ISO, although a larger ISO is playable by some homebrew loaders. I would check out the 20XX Music Manager program, which I believe can generate ISOs of larger size. I've already deleted the movie files and some Japanese files to make more space. There's definitely more Japanese files to delete but I haven't looked into any more.
Event mode training idea.

Shield Pressure:

CPUs spawn and hold shield forever, their shields don't reduce due to holding. But do reduce do to shield pressure. The shield will regenerate overtime at a rate that will make it so you have to have decent shield pressure on it in order to break it.
This is an interesting idea. I'll need to think about the specifics behind what would be needed to accomplish something like this, but I think it has potential and would be pretty fun. Should the CPU's be invincible, in some manner? Hmm. I guess it would be good for them to be in different locations around the stage...idk.
Achilles, I bet it is on the wishlist for the next release already, but can you add some option to control the behavior of cpu foes after hitstun? Maybe even an option where you can select what move (aerial, special move, jump) they will use as soon as the hitstun ends.
Yeah, possibly. Right now they just mixup jumping and attacking.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Normalish or Multi-Man. The only custom things that CPUs other than "Normal" do are DI and tech/getup options, as defined in the Debug Menu.

They are other Debug Levels that the developers implemented into the game. They don't provide anything new/different that we aware of that Master or Develop can't do. So yes, don't use the ones that are labeled "don't use". You get out of Develop Mode by turning it back to Master Mode. If you're talking about exiting a match, pressing X+DPad Up is equivalent to pressing Start like normal.

Yes. Fixed as in not modifiable or fixed as in something was broken? Everything else is 1.02 with all the 20XX features and Debug Menu.

Just download the root files and follow the included README. You don't need anything else to make the ISO than what is included in the download.

I could do that, but Sandbag doesn't have a lot of attacks/normal action states and inputting those causes the game to freeze. So it's super duper prone to crashing which is why I just decided to not have that option.

Does your opponent have the gameID set to GALEXX? Playing two identical copies of the same 20XX on netplay, with all the same 20XX settings enabled is the exact same as playing two identical copies of vanilla Melee.

Start with a fresh Melee Code Manager download. Delete the .txt files that default come with the program that contain codes. Make a new .txt file for it to read.
In the Melee Code Manager folder that contains the .exe file, open Settings.py in an editor and change the CommonCodeRegions line to this:
View attachment 105327

Then manually add in codes in the Tools tab of the program and apply them to the DOL.

Just tested it. You are not doing anything wrong. If you set the "chance for frame perfect getup" to 100, then they will getup attack as early as possible. But it looks like after the random frames of laying on the ground, executing the getup is not happening (and therefore they lay and wait until they are forced to stand up). I'll look into it. Thanks for the report.

20XX Music Manager

All the movie files have already been deleted. Yes, the music files are now indexed by headecimal numbers. The filename is shown below the "Track Preview" option in the Music Codes Debug Menu.
This was my guide for adding new HPS files to the filesystem: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-113#post-20431568

First:
Yes, you can. You would need to give it a unique filename, by changing one letter, and then adding that new file to the filesystem and modifying the 20XX Stage Swap Engine. So name it something like GrSt.1at.

Second:
Idk about making GCR ignore the max size, but I know it can't handle a larger ISO, although a larger ISO is playable by some homebrew loaders. I would check out the 20XX Music Manager program, which I believe can generate ISOs of larger size. I've already deleted the movie files and some Japanese files to make more space. There's definitely more Japanese files to delete but I haven't looked into any more.

This is an interesting idea. I'll need to think about the specifics behind what would be needed to accomplish something like this, but I think it has potential and would be pretty fun. Should the CPU's be invincible, in some manner? Hmm. I guess it would be good for them to be in different locations around the stage...idk.

Fixed as in having fixed some 1.00 and 1.01 features (besides the ones you mentioned) that were in previous versions like 4.00 and so.

By the way, I got to love the patience and work you put in replying to so many replies at once in one post.

Last edited:

Mr. Squirtle

Smash Rookie
Was mentioned before by ssknight7 that the player flags (ex. P2 cpu type) are not saved to the memory card. Not sure if this is a glitch or a feature that has not been implemented yet, just bringing it up:

Some stuff is saved, some stuff is not. I would love to see the player 2 flags saved, along with the option to save configurations for stocks / timer.
Also, I was looking at MnSlChr.usd in a hex editor and saw what looked like an attempt at the alternate stage textures (Giygas FD, blue FD, etc.) much like the alternate Battlefield textures, which made me excited. Are these planned for the next release of 20xx? I would love to have added my own alternate stages but I know nothing about hex editing the Debug menu or how to implement code.

Last edited:

Jig_Money

Smash Rookie
Hello guys. I made some tools that auto-inject values for songs in MnSlChr.usd and also auto-renames HPS files

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/577qxt3gc3b7v3h/20XX+4.05+Song+Inject+Tool.zip

How to use:

0. Before you start, I recommend that you create a backup copy of your 20XX 4.05 root just in case.

1. Download and extract "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool.zip"

2. Take the HPS files that you want to add and put them in the 'HPS' folder. Rename them to how you want them to appear in 20XX 4.05. Keep in mind that the max title size is 31 characters (not including the .hps file extension). If a filename is too long, you'll get an error message later when you run the program. The program will tell you which filenames are too long so you can rename them if you get any errors.

3. Take MnSlChr.usd and copy it into the "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool" folder.

4.a If you want to just add all songs in /HPS/ in alphabetical order, double click autoinject.bat. It will ask you to enter the offset to insert the songs. The offset you enter will be the offset for the first song. For example, if the last song you added had offset 0x69, you want to use offset 0x6A unless you want to overwrite the last song at 0x69. Also, if you your last song was 0x69 and and you choose to overwrite 20 songs starting from 0x31, the program will write 0x31 through 0x45 (0x31 + dec 20) and zero out the rest. This way if you want to completely redo your songs, you'll be able to start over from scatch.

Anyways, in my example, I will insert to 0x31:

5. Hit enter. If everything goes smoothly and no errors occur, the command window should close by itself. MnSlChr.usd has now been modified and had the new offsets written to it, and a new folder called "HPS_Renamed" holds a copy of all your files renamed. (Your original files in /HPS/ will be kept intact)

7. All you need to do now is copy MnSlChr.usd to your 20XX root, copy the files in the "HPS_Renamed" folder to your root/audio folder, and rebuild your ISO... don't forget to check 'do not use game.toc' I recommend testing it out in Dolphin before trying it on your Wii.

4b. If you want to add songs in a custom order (non-alphabetical) then create a text-file with the list of files in the order that you want. If you want to add empty lines, you can, but don't put any spaces (i.e. use only the 'enter' key) in the empty lines, or else the program will think that they're filenames. When you create your list, don't put the file extension in the filename entries (see below), and make sure they match the filenames in the /HPS/ folder. Name your file and save it in "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool". Name it whatever you want, but don't use the names "renamelist.txt", "TMPHPSList.txt", "TMPHPSList2.txt", or any other filename in the folder.

Double click customorder.bat. A command window should pop up and ask you which songlist to use. Type in your songlist file and hit enter. In my example I type in "custom song list.txt".
Pro Tip: Type the first 3 or so characters of your songlist file and then hit tab, windows should find it for you

After that, it will ask you which offset to enter... from here, it's pretty much the same was steps 4.a through 7 above.

Troubleshooting:

-I have run into one issue where I test in Dolphin and everything is fine, but when I loaded it in my Wii in Nintendont, it crashed. This was because I had saved my debug menu settings on my Wii memory card. I overwritten on some older songs that I didn't want and thus had less files, and my memory card's debug menu settings was trying to access a file that no longer existed. In other words, the memory card tried to load a playlist that had a song indexed 0xA4, while the songs on the new ISO only went up to 0x87. It was an easy fix though... just remove the memory card, load the game, then overwrite on the old data.

-The lowest possible offset you can enter is 0x31 because 0x00 through 0x30 are original-Melee songs and the offsets are slightly different for them. If you try to use an offset 0x30 or lower, the program will complain.

-If you try to add too many songs, the program will complain and tell you that you are adding too many songs. Remember that you can only go up to 0xFF.

-I've tested this in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 so far. I have been using it to add/rearrange songs to my 20XX 4.05 going up to 90 songs at a time, but I still might have overlooked something. If you run into any issues, let me know and I'll try my best to help.
Hello (I made a smashboards account just to reply to this lmao) I went through all your steps in this and I am having some trouble:

The original amount of songs for 20xx 4.05 is 76 and when I add songs and they are past 76 they wont work (If i click on them they just restart the song currently playing) But if I add songs and replace some of the old ones they will work up to and not past 76.

Great tutorial btw I would highly appreciate a reply :falcomelee:

Inatos

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I just had a some random ideas for the next 20XX:

1. I really do enjoy the new AI, but how about for the sake of practice there is a special AI type that changes its recovery and tech parameters randomly for every match (or some sort of toggle in the CSS). I feel like this dynamic AI would break from the static AI featured in every other installment of Smash (or any fighting game for that matter).

2. Is it possible to have a two-player event mode? If so that would open up a myriad of possibilities for us smashers to **** around on. E.g. Wombo Combo: P1--Falcon P2 --Fox.... Don't let Fox touch the ground...that ain't Falco.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

SmashBros.KING

Smash Rookie
So I had a small idea on an SD remix version of Marth. Switch Marth and Roy's Dtilt. It would enable so many cool combos with Marth and be mad fun. IDK if there's a guide on how to implement this myself but it would be hella sick.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
So I had a small idea on an SD remix version of Marth. Switch Marth and Roy's Dtilt. It would enable so many cool combos with Marth and be mad fun. IDK if there's a guide on how to implement this myself but it would be hella sick.
I could hook you up with that, gimme a few minutes.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Here you go, rename it to just PlMs.sat and rebuild your .iso with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dy5zqp5ap7h6ubz

Also check out Crazy Hand, melee modding made easy.

Last edited:

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
i dont actually remember if i ever replied in this thread but 20xx is amazing and thank you for this \o/

the main reason im posting tho is that i have a suggestion:

can there be an option for enabling cpu random sdi? you made a comment that it would be very unrealistic but i (and many others, i think) still want to practice vs it lmao

as for ways to make it more realistic:
would it be possible to limit sdi to only 1-4 frames at a time? i cant imagine people sdi'ing more than 4 frames per hit
if someone sdi's for more than 1 frame i imagine the directions would all be close to each other
maybe also add an option for having the cpu sdi in their intended di direction for 1 frame since that's waht most people do anyways

youre probably super busy and a similar post has probably been made before...but ye. would be amaaaazzzinggg if it was included in the next release :D
I agree. I would love to have CPUs SDI. Even if it doesn't look very realistic.

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Hello (I made a smashboards account just to reply to this lmao) I went through all your steps in this and I am having some trouble:

The original amount of songs for 20xx 4.05 is 76 and when I add songs and they are past 76 they wont work (If i click on them they just restart the song currently playing) But if I add songs and replace some of the old ones they will work up to and not past 76.

Great tutorial btw I would highly appreciate a reply :falcomelee:
Have you copied your files in HPS_Renamed to your root/audio folder?

Are you using autoinject.bat or customorder.bat, and are you getting any error messages when you run them or do they exit out normally?

How many songs are you trying to add?

When you rebuild your ISO with GCRebuilder, are you making sure to check " Do not use 'game.toc' " under Options before you rebuild your ISO?

We'll start from there.

You can try out:

http://smashboards.com/threads/20xx-music-manager-v1-2f-update-2016-04-14.434669/#post-21095049

if you're absolutely frustrated with mine, but I'd like to make sure that my tool works as well.

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Is Endless Friendlies broken or something (the character switching, that is)? I keep getting the same single matchup every game lol

Last edited:

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641

View attachment 105327

20XX Music Manager

First:

Second:

I am slightly confused
So I have renamed my yoshi story texture GrSt.1at but I am confused about exactly what to put in to make it load on just the second page. You linked to all of the different stage codes but I am confused because wouldn't it be something else? because it's like a custom file. Would you be able to ellaberate a little bit on exactly what to put there. I already know where in Start.dol to do it I just don't know exactly what I should be doing there.

Thanks

Quillion

Smash Hero
fileskiller recently delivered on a request I made that makes landing lag doubled on a missed L-cancel.

Can this be a toggle for 20XX? I know that Project M fans received a similar mod for that positively.

Ralph_AGM

Smash Rookie
I only have a more question: Is there some way to replace the extra textures of the characters? (The ones when you press L or R on the Select Screen.)

Mr. Squirtle

Smash Rookie
I only have a more question: Is there some way to replace the extra textures of the characters? (The ones when you press L or R on the Select Screen.)
Yeah, the regular textures are named .dat (for example, red marth is PlMsRe.dat) but the alternate textures are named .rat and .lat. Its easy to remember because the extra textures for the same color have .rat for R button and .lat for L button. (In this example, the alternate R-Button texture for red marth is named plmsre.Rat.)

To replace those with another texture, either (a) get the texture you want to replace it with and change it to the same extension (.rat or .lat) and replace the file before you build the iso, or (b) open an existing .iso in GCRebuilder, select the .rat or .lat alternate texture, right click "import" and choose the texture you want to replace it with.

Last edited:

Ralph_AGM

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the regular textures are named .dat (for example, red marth is PlMsRe.dat) but the alternate textures are named .rat and .lat. Its easy to remember because the extra textures for the same color have .rat for R button and .lat for L button. (In this example, the alternate R-Button texture for red marth is named plmsre.Rat.)

To replace those with another texture, either (a) get the texture you want to replace it with and change it to the same extension (.rat or .lat) and replace the file before you build the iso, or (b) open an existing .iso in GCRebuilder, select the .rat or .lat alternate texture, right click "import" and choose the texture you want to replace it with.
Thank you so much dude.

XIV

Smash Rookie
Thank you so much! I love 4.05!

One small question. In debug menu under texture hacks I am only able to change battle field. Are there textures available for the other stages?

Thanks again!

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
This is truly amazing that this kind of an extensive hack could be made at such a professional level! I appreciate all the work that has been collectively been done to make such a powerful tool and modification!

I do have a question though, is there a way to put 20XX Training Hack Pack onto a gamecube memory card so that it can be run from a gamecube without burning to a disc? Since I have done this with 20XXTEI was wondering if I could do something similar with this. I could put the ISO on my WII, but I would rather have it on my Gamecube because my WII is almost dead.

Thank you for your work guys, it is amazing!
-Dandeto

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
Can someone link me something on a Gecko tutorial?

Is Gecko the same as homebrew? Sorry I am new to hacking wii's.
Gecko is not the same as homebrew. Homebrew is software that runs on the wii allowing you to run other 3rd party software. Gecko OS is a system that allows you to hack your WII's RAM (if you want me to explain how it works in more depth, I will). You can make .gct files with a program called codemanager. Gecko OS reads your SD card and loads the .gct file you put in the SD card. It then loads the game as usual after the RAM modification is made, allowing you to play your game with hacks. I do not know much of anything about Melee hacking, but I am an avid Brawl Hacker.

By your comments I am assuming that you don't have any of the files. Here is a link to my site where you can download them, and there is a brief tutorial on it as well. I know my site isn't that great, but the info is there.
http://cartoonvideosandtips.coffeecup.com/BrawlHacking.html

How to download HBC for your WII (this is where I went to learn how to do it).
http://www.howtogeek.com/210185/how-to-install-the-homebrew-channel-on-a-nintendo-wii-the-easy-way/

Last edited:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to replace the character .pats with Silly Melee's .dats? I understand it'd "work" but would it WORK? Or would other files be needed?
EDIT: I did it anyway, worked as well as I expected. Basically anything dealing with projectiles doesn't transfer as well, since I don't know which files to transfer for that. Someone else probably knows. I also never played Silly Melee, so who knows if anything else is off.

Last edited:

JnL

Smash Knight
3DS FC
5455-9416-3843
Is there a way to play 20XX "online" on console with BBA or Modem, instead of Dolphin?

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Also Samus can still use the extended grapple beam when the game is set to PAL. I haven't tried using PAL Samus after switching the game to NTSC though, it's not really an issue anyway. Really enjoying the pack, great work Achilles!

tterbman

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I have zero experience modding games or installing this type of stuff and I have a question. I'm trying to play download and play 20XX on my Wii for the first time. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes:

I've created the 20XX ISO using Achilles' instructions in the text file, downloaded all the files onto my SD card, have homebrew for my wii, have Nintendont running in homebrew, but when I try to run the game through Nintendont the screen just goes black. Does anyone have any advice? I used this guide to set everything up: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2nfegc/updated_guide_usb_or_sd_loading_uachilles1515s/

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Question. Everything works great. All the new updates and improvements are good. Just, when I toggle the item menu in game on develop mode, it doesn't give me the list of enemies and instead gives me names like:

Item: Force 3: Shield KB Velocity Floats-> 1st Pair

When I summon this "item" it works, and a heart Container comes out. Is there a way to get the correct list, even if this one does work, regardless?

FGUG2021

Smash Rookie
if you guys could make an update for alternate characters with a similar scheme as to 4.05 could you possibly have sandbag as an alternate for a character or the possibility of having dark link (melee) be an alternate character for Link. Another suggestion (this is a total dream), is that someone could hack the game to allow two players to play in the single player mode, by say simulating training mode (its a single player mode but it has the option for two players)

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
if you guys could make an update for alternate characters with a similar scheme as to 4.05 could you possibly have sandbag as an alternate for a character or the possibility of having dark link (melee) be an alternate character for Link. Another suggestion (this is a total dream), is that someone could hack the game to allow two players to play in the single player mode, by say simulating training mode (its a single player mode but it has the option for two players)
Dark Link is available as a texture

Heres the download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/1kagoeghpm9go9j/PlLkBu.dat

Top Bottom