• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Just adding a suggestion for future custom game modes:

Character Ironman
  • Both players/cpu start off with kirby
  • Timelimit: None
  • 104 stocks
  • 4 Stocks per Character, switch occurs ingame after 4th stock lost.
  • Goes in order of bottom to top of tier list.

Uma

Smash Cadet
Hi probably a common problem but I'm not finding any help anywhere, I'm pretty sure I did everything right and named everything right but when I boot up nintendont the only option is to start the normal melee disk. Any help would be much appreciated!

Smash Rookie
NNID
zubalo
What do you mean "my computer isn't able to use the files from Mediafire"?

Just completely forget everything prior to this comment and forget any other ISO or anything you've done in the past.

1) Click the "root files" download link on the OP.
2) Follow the steps in the README.txt, which doesn't involve anything other than what you just downloaded.
3) Now you have your ISO.

Okay, first of all I am sorry about the confusion/stupidity on my part. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and such so here is a picture of what is happening when I download and try to open the mediafire files.

Thank you for all your help.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Okay, first of all I am sorry about the confusion/stupidity on my part. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and such so here is a picture of what is happening when I download and try to open the mediafire files.

Thank you for all your help.
Go back to the OP and there is a download link at the top for 4.05 root files. Download the zip file. Unzip contents. Read the README.

Doq

Smash Lord
Specifically, you don't have an archiver to open 7z files. But that's just nitpicking and you should grab the OP ZIP anyway.

I on the other hand refuse because there is no update path from 4.04 to 4.05. Entschuldigung.

Smash Rookie
NNID
zubalo
Go back to the OP and there is a download link at the top for 4.05 root files. Download the zip file. Unzip contents. Read the README.
Okay. Thank you. I was using the google doc as my guide and didn't realize that those where not the proper files. My bad. Sorry to bother you and thank you.

Speed

Smash Rookie
Yo, I really like the new event matches and was wondering if you could make one similar to the Puff one. My idea is, an event where you have to waveshine Marth and grab him before he is out of hitstun. I think it'll be a great addition to the greatest hackpack, Road to 20XX.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 how can i add your metroid labs stage into my 20xx?? If i have to replace a stage, which would you recommend?

EDIT: Nvm i got it
Name it GrTKp.mat.
Extract out the root, add that file to the filesystem, then rebuild with GCR using "do not use game.toc".

Modify your DOL with these changes:
Capture.PNG

(0x2a = Bowser Target Stage ID, 0x803e8cc7 = RAM location of GrTKp._at, 0x6d = ASCII "m")

Now, selecting Kongo 64 on the first hacked SSS will load Metroid Lab.

tex#00_09+1.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Hey I've been out of the loop for a while with exams and such over the past few weeks. I remember when building the ISO in previous versions, we were supposed to check the "do not use 'game.toc' " option in gcr. Is that still the case or does it not matter anymore? If we are supposed to check it, when? (Before creating the root, or whenever you open the root, or...?) Thanks in advance

dkuo

Smash Lord
i dont actually remember if i ever replied in this thread but 20xx is amazing and thank you for this \o/

the main reason im posting tho is that i have a suggestion:

can there be an option for enabling cpu random sdi? you made a comment that it would be very unrealistic but i (and many others, i think) still want to practice vs it lmao

as for ways to make it more realistic:
would it be possible to limit sdi to only 1-4 frames at a time? i cant imagine people sdi'ing more than 4 frames per hit
if someone sdi's for more than 1 frame i imagine the directions would all be close to each other
maybe also add an option for having the cpu sdi in their intended di direction for 1 frame since that's waht most people do anyways

youre probably super busy and a similar post has probably been made before...but ye. would be amaaaazzzinggg if it was included in the next release :D

Last edited:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Name it GrTKp.mat.
Extract out the root, add that file to the filesystem, then rebuild with GCR using "do not use game.toc".

Modify your DOL with these changes:
View attachment 104292
(0x2a = Bowser Target Stage ID, 0x803e8cc7 = RAM location of GrTKp._at, 0x6d = ASCII "m")

Now, selecting Kongo 64 on the first hacked SSS will load Metroid Lab.

View attachment 104291
ty so much this is exactly what i wanted :D

Chulip

Smash Rookie
About the event mode minigames.
In the next update do you guys have in mind an event for power shielding Falco's lasers?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I've noticed Magus' FSM Engine is being used when the SD remix .dat files are loaded in, noticeably on Mario's fair animation:

I'm using Crazy Hand to modify some characters (the .pat files). Crazy Hand doesn't detect the FSM engine in 20XX, understandably, and when I do install the FSM engine through Crazy Hand, it alters the animation of every version of the character (default, SD, and PAL).

So my question is, is there a way to specify which character file's animation to alter?

Doq

Smash Lord
Hey I've been out of the loop for a while with exams and such over the past few weeks. I remember when building the ISO in previous versions, we were supposed to check the "do not use 'game.toc' " option in gcr. Is that still the case or does it not matter anymore? If we are supposed to check it, when? (Before creating the root, or whenever you open the root, or...?) Thanks in advance
Yes.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I've noticed Magus' FSM Engine is being used when the SD remix .dat files are loaded in, noticeably on Mario's fair animation:

I'm using Crazy Hand to modify some characters (the .pat files). Crazy Hand doesn't detect the FSM engine in 20XX, understandably, and when I do install the FSM engine through Crazy Hand, it alters the animation of every version of the character (default, SD, and PAL).

So my question is, is there a way to specify which character file's animation to alter?
That is more an inherant issue with Crazy Hand being outdated with respect to 4.05.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Yo, I really like the new event matches and was wondering if you could make one similar to the Puff one. My idea is, an event where you have to waveshine Marth and grab him before he is out of hitstun. I think it'll be a great addition to the greatest hackpack, Road to 20XX.
Hey, not everyone plays Fox.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If you are simply using the 4.05 files from the main page, you do not have to. If you "don't use game.toc", then GCR buillds it's own game.toc to match the new filesystem. For the 4.05 files, I personally built the ISO using "do not use game.toc" and then re-extracted the contents, zipped it up, then posted it for you guys. So the game.toc in the zip file is already the 4.05 game.toc, meaning you do not need to check "do not use game.toc".

I know what you are looking for, but it's not built into 20XX yet. I think I briefly mentioned this to omegamaster a little bit ago. But what you want is the ability to use a second FSM list, dedicated to the .pat files, separate from the SDR FSMs. I'll try and work on that for the next version, but I'll need to find a good place to put the list.

For 4.05, if you want to overwrite the SDR FSM list and use it for .pat files, you can open your DOL in a hex editor and go to 0x00190150. Change it from 2c1f0073 to 2c1f0070. Then, the FSM list starting at 0x19d0 in the DOL will apply to .pat characters instead of .sat.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Well, this is the 20XX hackpack, not 20GX, 20YY, or any other movement.
It's not supposed to be aimed to Fox, you know. The 20XX thing is just part of the joke.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Do you know where I can find previous 20xx versions? Not too keen on the new spacie AI

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

OP.
Otherwise, just toggle it off.
I found version 3.02, but that one doesn't have the Alternate Characters or extra stages.

I looked through the settings. I was only able to find tech chase options. What I meant is: Is there a way to turn off CPU waveshining, laser spam etc? Basically revert back to regular melee AI

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Ty ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

GhostBandicoot

Smash Rookie
there's been about one post per day on the same 3 questions. This isn't a 'being on smashboards their whole life' issue in that context.

Please refrain from insulting me on other people's behalf or I will block/ignore you. This is the only time I will respond to you in that context.
---

the thread is 140 pages long, but 4.05 was uploaded on page 142, which means there were about 4 pages wherein people would've asked questions relating to that release. I feel like a forum is less-than-optimal and a rather old-school approach for bug-reporting, tracking, FAQs, and documentation, and that it lends to situations like these. I'm sorry that I've contributed to frustrations with your online experiences and impacted your emotional state negatively.

However, posting multiple replies to the same post, saying either 'use a different version of 20XX' or replying with a quote on in-game cpu toggles (when the question does not pertain to cpu toggles in spite of the naming similarities) is misleading; for the former, there are ways of getting cpus whos behavior are almost exactly like the new cpu in this 20XX, which means compiling an old ISO is unnecessary; for the latter, cpu toggles in that post refer to 20XX 3.02 functionality to change the cpu behavior on the fly while in the middle of a game, though the wording of that quote seems to refer to toggling or configuring the cpu behavior in general, which is why it (the OP post you quoted) is also misleading.

Being misleading isn't really your fault, as it would be in the case of an open deception or negligence; it was tactless and wrong of me to say you and others hadn't read the thread, so for that I'm sorry.
---

*shakes fist*

Its all good on my end now, I know its long past since my last reply and the whole issue was awhile ago, but I know you didn't mean the whole thread, I meant to be more specific that I did skim but didn't see the earlier stuff. I also didn't know there were other ways, so I just figured I'd mention that it seemed suggeseted that "yet" implied there will be cpu toggles preadded to the 20XX download, perhaps in later versions.

Oh, yeah, no deception intended, thanks, no apology needed we all make mistakes, if I had known my ignorance I woulda corrected myself. things happen

And sorry to anyone I offended as I felt the need to defend myself. I can kinda lash out like a cornered scared animal sometimes, #issuesbutimworkingonit

On a totally different note, does anyone know if/how I should go about posting a new thread, because I have been having problems getting palette swaps into my game.

Ive tried everything imaginable, from different ISOs and palette files and not renaming them, to deleting and reinstalling both melee toolkit and gcrebuilder. For some reason none of my iso's want to display or allow the new character palettes to work, even though both toolkit and gcr said the files were saved successfully. I've tried multiple characters too, no luck. i gotta say i wanna pull my hair out, its driving me crazy. im ok at computer based troubleshooting but no whiz kid at them, unfortunately

I wanna make palettes too (I think I have some good ideas!) but I also wanna be able to use my own palettes in game, along with many of the other palettes people have made :p

Last edited:

Yam$

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to have both 3.02 and 4.05 on the same SD card if so how do I set that up?

ultimamax

Smash Rookie
Try not using a virtual memory card.
Do you have ocarina codes enabled in the Nintendont settings?
Memory card emulation and cheats are both off. It still happens. I can occasionally get it to let me play though. Do you think it might be the USB?

Last edited:

santos244

Smash Rookie
Anyone have the exact iso im running nintendont and i dont want to have to change the file i just want to download it as an iso

Doq

Smash Lord
Anyone have the exact iso im running nintendont and i dont want to have to change the file i just want to download it as an iso
Inquiry and distribution of ISO files is strictly forbidden.

If you don't want to use the root patch there is an xdelta a few pages back. (and will be included in PN4)

Last edited:

Limonn

Smash Rookie
aww I installed the hackpack on my dolphin and my CPU behaves normally.
anyone knows how to fix this?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Its all good on my end now, I know its long past since my last reply and the whole issue was awhile ago, but I know you didn't mean the whole thread, I meant to be more specific that I did skim but didn't see the earlier stuff. I also didn't know there were other ways, so I just figured I'd mention that it seemed suggeseted that "yet" implied there will be cpu toggles preadded to the 20XX download, perhaps in later versions.

Oh, yeah, no deception intended, thanks, no apology needed we all make mistakes, if I had known my ignorance I woulda corrected myself. things happen

And sorry to anyone I offended as I felt the need to defend myself. I can kinda lash out like a cornered scared animal sometimes, #issuesbutimworkingonit

On a totally different note, does anyone know if/how I should go about posting a new thread, because I have been having problems getting palette swaps into my game.

Ive tried everything imaginable, from different ISOs and palette files and not renaming them, to deleting and reinstalling both melee toolkit and gcrebuilder. For some reason none of my iso's want to display or allow the new character palettes to work, even though both toolkit and gcr said the files were saved successfully. I've tried multiple characters too, no luck. i gotta say i wanna pull my hair out, its driving me crazy. im ok at computer based troubleshooting but no whiz kid at them, unfortunately

I wanna make palettes too (I think I have some good ideas!) but I also wanna be able to use my own palettes in game, along with many of the other palettes people have made :p
I don't really know how else to put it and this is very blunt, but you're simply messing something up. For what it's worth, I almost always use GC-Tool for single file replacements. Just right click on a file in the filetree, hit replace, choose your new file, hit yes or no to the prompt (doesn't matter if you are replacing a file of the same size), and done.
Download the root files and follow the README. You will have your ISO in less time than actually downloading one.
aww I installed the hackpack on my dolphin and my CPU behaves normally.
anyone knows how to fix this?
When you go to the Debug Menu, what version does it say you have? What were the exact steps you took to make the ISO?

Limonn

Smash Rookie
I don't really know how else to put it and this is very blunt, but you're simply messing something up. For what it's worth, I almost always use GC-Tool for single file replacements. Just right click on a file in the filetree, hit replace, choose your new file, hit yes or no to the prompt (doesn't matter if you are replacing a file of the same size), and done.

Download the root files and follow the README. You will have your ISO in less time than actually downloading one.

When you go to the Debug Menu, what version does it say you have? What were the exact steps you took to make the ISO?
it says BETA04, and i dragged my vanilla melee v1.02 onto the .bat beta converter file
could it be that i dragged a wrong melee ISO version?

EDIT: well, i tried another ISO i had and it recognized that it wasn't a vanilla 1.02 copy, so i assume i did it with no problems with the original file.

also tried erasing the memory card file, thinking it would be a problem on the save file and it didn't work.

i mean i can notice a difference in CPU behavior, but they don't do wavedashes and stuff. and if i change it in the debug menu for example, guard edge, they do go and stay on the edge, but nothing fancy besides that.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
it says BETA04, and i dragged my vanilla melee v1.02 onto the .bat beta converter file
could it be that i dragged a wrong melee ISO version?

EDIT: well, i tried another ISO i had and it recognized that it wasn't a vanilla 1.02 copy, so i assume i did it with no problems with the original file.

also tried erasing the memory card file, thinking it would be a problem on the save file and it didn't work.

i mean i can notice a difference in CPU behavior, but they don't do wavedashes and stuff. and if i change it in the debug menu for example, guard edge, they do go and stay on the edge, but nothing fancy besides that.
Ignore all previous ISOs you own. Go to the OP and download the root files. Follow the README. We are on 4.05 now, not Beta04.

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to have both 3.02 and 4.05 on the same SD card if so how do I set that up?
Yes but you need a 4GB or bigger SD I think.
Just make two separate iso's for 3.02 and 4.05 and you can rename them in HxD to distinguish between them when you open Nintendont.

GhostBandicoot

Smash Rookie

I dunno either, because that's exactly what I've done, multiple times. Is GC-Tool different than GC rebuilder and Melee toolkit?

Top Bottom