• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Oooh, so that music cutting out problem is from Nintendon't? Really interesting. I had DIOS MIOS installed before, whats a quick way to switch between the two?
Install Dios Mios and load with that when you want to and load with Nintendont when you want to. Nintendont doesn't overwrite the default Wii Mios like Dios Mios does. It's more of a standalone loader that doesn't need to be "installed".

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Install Dios Mios and load with that when you want to and load with Nintendont when you want to. Nintendont doesn't overwrite the default Wii Mios like Dios Mios does. It's more of a standalone loader that doesn't need to be "installed".
Oh yeah

Also unrelated, all-star mode just crashed on the first fight. Timer went to 00:00.00 instantly, screen froze, but it kept playing the music

Dax

Smash Journeyman
sorry if these question will probably sound silly but I swear I tried to read the guides but I'm still confused about a few things:

is there currently a way to run this pack over an original disc, like through Gecko cheats? I assume not, since it seems that you have to patch an ISO.

so the next question is:
I have a PAL Wii with the Homebrew channel installed through bannerbomb or whatever it was called, and I'm trying to follow the last part of guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2nfegc/updated_guide_usb_or_sd_loading_uachilles1515s/
am I good to go? Nintendont, meta.xml file, and that's it? I don't even know what's dios mios lol

What I'm mostly confused about is I remember reading about cIOS stuff, I don't remember ever doing anything but maybe it was automatically "set up" back then when the HB channel was installed?

edit: jesus, in another guide I see "Make sure your IOS 58 is up to date. Wii U's you're fine, but Wiis should be at v6176." *sigh* I've installed the HBC years ago, do I really have to mess up with this again? I really don't want to have to do with cIOS if possible.

I also assume that a PAL iso does NOT work with this pack, is that right?

edit2: welp. done everything but stuck with "please load Nintendont with AHBProt disabled!"
and yes the meta.xml IS there :(
edit3: updated HBC channel, now nintendont loads but when I try to load the game it says Loading patched kernel.... -1 and it hangs there.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Amazing stuff once again: this makes Melee even more awesome!

I have a question: If I'd like to have custom skin costumes for characters that do not have a custom skin costume added to the 20XX hack pack by default, can I just add them to my 20XX 3.02 ISO, or do I have to replace other character's custom costumes as there's limited space or something? And the color under which they are listed in the custom custome thread is final right: one cannot add a color listed under one color as activating under another color right?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Amazing stuff once again: this makes Melee even more awesome!

I have a question: If I'd like to have custom skin costumes for characters that do not have a custom skin costume added to the 20XX hack pack by default, can I just add them to my 20XX 3.02 ISO, or do I have to replace other character's custom costumes as there's limited space or something? And the color under which they are listed in the custom custome thread is final right: one cannot add a color listed under one color as activating under another color right?
In 3.02, if a character does not have an L alternate costume, then the only way to give them one is to permanently replace one of their default costumes with a custom.

And no, you cannot have a texture specific to one color be usable for a different color. This will cause the game to freeze. You would need to manually extract out every texture that was used for that costume and port it over a different color.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
sorry if these question will probably sound silly but I swear I tried to read the guides but I'm still confused about a few things:

is there currently a way to run this pack over an original disc, like through Gecko cheats? I assume not, since it seems that you have to patch an ISO.

so the next question is:
I have a PAL Wii with the Homebrew channel installed through bannerbomb or whatever it was called, and I'm trying to follow the last part of guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2nfegc/updated_guide_usb_or_sd_loading_uachilles1515s/
am I good to go? Nintendont, meta.xml file, and that's it? I don't even know what's dios mios lol

What I'm mostly confused about is I remember reading about cIOS stuff, I don't remember ever doing anything but maybe it was automatically "set up" back then when the HB channel was installed?

edit: jesus, in another guide I see "Make sure your IOS 58 is up to date. Wii U's you're fine, but Wiis should be at v6176." *sigh* I've installed the HBC years ago, do I really have to mess up with this again? I really don't want to have to do with cIOS if possible.

edit2: welp. done everything but stuck with "please load Nintendont with AHBProt disabled!"
edit3: updated HBC channel, now nintendont loads but when I try to load the game it says Loading patched kernel.... -1 and it hangs there.
And here is where I call on the one and only @ Doq Doq for help since I've never used Nintendont.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
In 3.02, if a character does not have an L alternate costume, then the only way to give them one is to permanently replace one of their default costumes with a custom.

And no, you cannot have a texture specific to one color be usable for a different color. This will cause the game to freeze. You would need to manually extract out every texture that was used for that costume and port it over a different color.
Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work man =)

Doq

Smash Lord
You rang?

so the next question is:

It seems you've already read my guide. Nintendont uses no cIOS, and the IOS 58 is official Nintendo IOS 58. You can use NUS Downloader to grab it and WAD Manager to install it.

You also have a PAL Wii, so when you get set up, set the video mode to PAL60. Users have reported this working.

Also disable your custom HBC themepack. This will stop -1 error.

Last edited:

Dark brawler

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm really hyped for the inclusion of SD:Remix just wanna say to keep up the good work, this mod is amazing and I can't stop playing it :)

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
Do I need a gamecube memory card to save ? Im using dios mios for this.

I want to be able to play through the game and unlock everything myself with only the c stick enabled in single player cheat on. Is that possible ?

Dark brawler

Smash Rookie
One more thing, was there ever a plan to add parts of that memory card melee mod (crazy mod I think?). Did love that it offered 6 man melee and some other neat options :)

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
guys im having a problem with my 3.02 20xx. when it boots up, the camera is extremely zoomed out, and there is nothing i can do about it. do i need to run it through something or is there a way to fix this problem? i want to use it but with the camera so zoomed out it is hard to focus

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
guys im having a problem with my 3.02 20xx. when it boots up, the camera is extremely zoomed out, and there is nothing i can do about it. do i need to run it through something or is there a way to fix this problem? i want to use it but with the camera so zoomed out it is hard to focus
I have also used the same ISO in my dolphin emulator and it was zoomed fine, so it might be some of my config through dios mios, but I don't know how to fix this

lolsgod

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm relatively new to 20XX (Just got it today) I've been playing on a dolphin emulator and I'm having two problems and a 3rd small one

1) I can't access the debug menu, I don't know why (Cheats are disabled on my dolphin)

2) Sometimes the percentage of a player just drops ie. goes from 90 -> 14 and then as soon as they get hit it goes back. Its super disorienting.

Are there anyways to fix this?

The 3rd small issue was just one time, my P1 Character got stuck and couldn't move at all (not sure if that was a code I accidentally panic hit)

If you can help me that'd be great.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey all, I'm relatively new to 20XX (Just got it today) I've been playing on a dolphin emulator and I'm having two problems and a 3rd small one

1) I can't access the debug menu, I don't know why (Cheats are disabled on my dolphin)

2) Sometimes the percentage of a player just drops ie. goes from 90 -> 14 and then as soon as they get hit it goes back. Its super disorienting.

Are there anyways to fix this?

The 3rd small issue was just one time, my P1 Character got stuck and couldn't move at all (not sure if that was a code I accidentally panic hit)

If you can help me that'd be great.
Go to Gameplay codes in the debug menu and disable Frame Counter. Then watch the frame counter video on the main post (it doesn't work with Dolphin at the moment, though). This is the percentage and player freezing thing.

What do you mean you can't access the debug menu? You can't get to it at all?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is this happening in menus as well? If so, it is likely due to the video settings on the loader. People have had this problem before. Search this thread for "widescreen" and look back at some posts.
Do I need a gamecube memory card to save ? Im using dios mios for this.

I want to be able to play through the game and unlock everything myself with only the c stick enabled in single player cheat on. Is that possible ?
You need a memory card to save your stuff across boots. 20XX is not meant to ever have have characters unavailable. I would just look at the DOL mod topic if that is the only code you want.

lolsgod

Smash Rookie
Go to Gameplay codes in the debug menu and disable Frame Counter. Then watch the frame counter video on the main post (it doesn't work with Dolphin at the moment, though). This is the percentage and player freezing thing.

What do you mean you can't access the debug menu? You can't get to it at all?
When I try to open the debug menu, all I see is a gray square and no options. I can get a picture if you'd like.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
When I try to open the debug menu, all I see is a gray square and no options. I can get a picture if you'd like.
If you are certain that cheat codes are disabled, then something is wrong with your ISO. Try and remake it with the 3.02 files from the main post.

I would first replace the Start.dol file in your current, problematic 20XX ISO with the one from the download pack. In 20XX 3.02, the DOL holds all the debug menu info.

lolsgod

Smash Rookie
If you are certain that cheat codes are disabled, then something is wrong with your ISO. Try and remake it with the 3.02 files from the main post.

I would first replace the Start.dol file in your current, problematic 20XX ISO with the one from the download pack. In 20XX 3.02, the DOL holds all the debug menu info.

It didn't work :/ I replaced the start.dol file and it still isn't showing up...

I'm really not sure what to do, I tried rebuilding the whole ISO from the ground up and still no dice.

I'm going to look through the emulators settings and see if thats the issue.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED. I just enabled cheat codes, and went in and checked the debug menu cheat in the ISO and now boom, there it is.

Should I turn that off or are we all peaches and cream now?

Last edited:

Evan Briolat

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has been addressed at some point in this thread, but my game freezes after I exit the debug menu. Any way to fix this? I have a Mac, if that makes a difference.

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully this question hasn't been asked before here, this thread has gotten crazy long so I don't think I can read through it...

I'm trying to do some texture hacking to change the No-Transformations Pokemon Stadium. Where is that stage file located, and is the no-transformations hack done in Start.dol or in the GrPs.usd file? i.e. Do I need to start with a no-transformations GrPs.usd and inject my textures, or can I just use any old GrPs.usd and have it function the same? Thanks in advance.

Side note -- I've noticed that when I run the hack pack with Dios Mios (Lite), Pokemon Stadium looks the same whether I'm on the standard or no-transformation version, it's always the regular green or whatever texture-hacked version I've replaced GrPs.usd with. However when I run it with Nintendont or on Dolphin, I get the intended blue version for no-transformations PS. Is this a known issue/are there any fixes for it? I'd just use Nintendont all the time, but it has sound issues with both the hack pack and vanilla Melee.

Doq

Smash Lord
Hopefully this question hasn't been asked before here, this thread has gotten crazy long so I don't think I can read through it...

I'm trying to do some texture hacking to change the No-Transformations Pokemon Stadium. Where is that stage file located, and is the no-transformations hack done in Start.dol or in the GrPs.usd file? i.e. Do I need to start with a no-transformations GrPs.usd and inject my textures, or can I just use any old GrPs.usd and have it function the same? Thanks in advance.

Side note -- I've noticed that when I run the hack pack with Dios Mios (Lite), Pokemon Stadium looks the same whether I'm on the standard or no-transformation version, it's always the regular green or whatever texture-hacked version I've replaced GrPs.usd with. However when I run it with Nintendont or on Dolphin, I get the intended blue version for no-transformations PS. Is this a known issue/are there any fixes for it? I'd just use Nintendont all the time, but it has sound issues with both the hack pack and vanilla Melee.
No Transform Stadium is GrPs.dat. The no transform hack is in main.dol. Any GrPs should work fine.

Side effect of using DM/L is how it seems to handle language settings, forcing a usd load regardless.

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Exclusive to DM? Configuration issues? Wii model? Honestly it could be a number of factors but it seems like Nintendont solves them all, at the expense of the Dolphin 3 JITIL problem.
What's the Dolphin 3 JITIL problem? Like I said I'd use Nintendont exclusively, but when I do the music cuts out randomly while I'm playing with the Hack Pack or Vanilla Melee, so it's kind of a pain.

Ukazaakas

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, new person here with a problem. I'm following Beanwolf's guide on how to build your own Melee iso, but when I use GCReEX.exe and command prompt, the error I get is:
GCReEX v 0.3 by crediar
Built: 03:18:54 Jul 8 2012
It is not allowed to resell, rehost, redistribute or include this file in any packages!

Failed to open:"game.iso/sys/boot.bin":No such file or directory
Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, I was entering the code wrong, it fixed when I entered game.iso.iso.

Last edited:

NME

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, I've been meaning to ask.

My 20XX is always constantly in widescreen or some weird aspect ratio, like I have to set it to widescreen to make it look good/playable if you know what I mean. It's not a big problem but, is there a way to fix this?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hmmm, I've been meaning to ask.

My 20XX is always constantly in widescreen or some weird aspect ratio, like I have to set it to widescreen to make it look good/playable if you know what I mean. It's not a big problem but, is there a way to fix this?
You have to change video settings on your loader program. Search this thread for "widescreen" and look at previous posts. I'm on mobile and at a bachelor party so I can't help further.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
How come whenever I edit the debug menu, the memory card does not automatically save the settings? like I want the L-cancel red flash to be on, but whenever I reboot the game on dolphin, it doesnt boot up the settings i made.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How come whenever I edit the debug menu, the memory card does not automatically save the settings? like I want the L-cancel red flash to be on, but whenever I reboot the game on dolphin, it doesnt boot up the settings i made.
My guess would be you are using some Netplay version of Dolphin that doesn't save the memory card.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to disable the d-pad gameplay commands? I mean with that you can remove the paranoia that the hit was actually a phantom hit and not the other guy putting on invincibility real quick :urg: Seems like it could be a problem in tourney matches

Doq

Smash Lord
Is there a way to disable the d-pad gameplay commands? I mean with that you can remove the paranoia that the hit was actually a phantom hit and not the other guy putting on invincibility real quick :urg: Seems like it could be a problem in tourney matches
Disable ingame toggles in the debug menu. It's literally the first option.

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
Hello I got the updated 20xx pack yesterday, unfortunately my wii broke so i can only play it on my desktop. I had a few problems, one of the major ones was: that once i get to the debug menu and change everything to how I want it, once i back out (because apparently this is the only way to get out of the debug menu) i am forced to the start screen of the 20xx pack but when i press start the game crashes every time. Then once i boot up the game again in dolphin it didn't save any of the debug setting that i had turned on so I can't really use anything nifty.

How do I fix this problem? I looked at the faq and it said this:
• When playing on Dolphin, the game freezes upon pressing start at the start menu.
◦ Disable global netplay codes.

I looked everywhere in dolphin and even 20xx to find how to disable global netplay codes but I couldn't find it.

Here is what I recommend that you do because I believe this happened when I played on my desktop before on an older version of 20xx. I would like a way to get out of the debug menu and go straight into character select. A couple of ideas of how to do that: in the debug menu have an option to click that says Character Select Menu (and once someone selects it, it saves all of the debug menu changes and boots up the character select), or even just have it when someone presses start on there gamecube controller it boots up the character select menu right away. These ways will hopefully prevent future game crashing.

One more thing: fullscreen mode if very buggy. It has forced me to the point where I have to fully turn off my desktop and reboot it. I can't alt-tab out or anything if they game crashes in full screen mode.

OUawake

Smash Rookie
I am running 3.02 in dolphin and getting a crash.
I start 20XX in dolphin, press B several times till I am at the start screen, press start button on gamecube controller, crash.
I get this error "Invalid Read from to -x230a0a00, PC = 0x803455a4"

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Weird how this thread basically became the Dolphin help thread. On an actual 20XX note, I can't wait for the next release achilles.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Hey achillles, do you have a certain time frame/date when the next release of your 20xx hack pack will be?

Top Bottom