• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hmmm... So I'm loading with GeckoOS using a real melee disc. The only one of your codes that seems to work is the up on the d-pad to start a match by yourself. All the other codes I've enabled (unlock everything, c-stick in 1p, default match settings) all work just fine as well. I am definitely player 1 on my Wii as well.

Any code I try to use to affect what the CPU does does not work. Player 2 CPU always just acts like a normal CPU.

I've tried Dios Mios and it sends me right back to the Wii menu when trying to load.
Weird. I guess I would try making a gct of only one of those codes enabled and try that. that seems really odd though that none of them worked (because the codes definitely do work). I know this is trivial, but make sure you are using the codes for the right version. Did you try the infinite shield or either of the ones that toggle hitboxes?

Last edited:

Stutterfoot

Smash Rookie
Hey I was able to get a good deal of these codes working at once with cfg usb loader but not all and I'd love to just have them all working at once. For this reason I am trying to get DIOS MIOS Booter to work (as OP has mentioned he can get them all working at once with DMB). I can boot melee with Dios Mios Booter (I am booting an iso from USB), but the cheats are never applied. I have tried placing the codes in the following places:

USB/games/GALE01/GALE01.gct
SD/games/GALE01/GALE01.gct
SD/codes/GALE01/GALE01.gct

Achilles, could you please inform me of the exact locations of your game and cheat file as well as exact settings in DMB?

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
How do we turn off a code?

First I tried the L+D-Pad Right but I don't get to turn it off, tried just like I desactivated the hitbox bubbles by doing the L+d pad right again on CSS but it didnt worked... Do we need to restart or something?

Stutterfoot

Smash Rookie
NVM I figured it out. From what I can tell it looks like USB loading can handle fewer cheats than SD loading. I'm using SD now. I did manage to break the SD card cheat limit tho, I had a lot of unnecessary cheats. Yellow sheildstun cheat also seems to be incompatible with the 20xx one, headsup.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How do we turn off a code?

First I tried the L+D-Pad Right but I don't get to turn it off, tried just like I desactivated the hitbox bubbles by doing the L+d pad right again on CSS but it didnt worked... Do we need to restart or something?
You turn it off with the same action you turned it on with. Use the infographic I made as a guide for when to do certain cheats. So for ones at the Character Select Screen, only activate/deactivate them at the character select screen. And for ones in-game, only deactivate/activate them in-game.
NVM I figured it out. From what I can tell it looks like USB loading can handle fewer cheats than SD loading. I'm using SD now. I did manage to break the SD card cheat limit tho, I had a lot of unnecessary cheats. Yellow sheildstun cheat also seems to be incompatible with the 20xx one, headsup.
Thanks for giving me this info. My SD card crapped out on me yesterday, so I just tried a new one and was able to get all the cheats in this thread working plus a bunch more via Dios-Mios-Booter. So it definitely works with SD, and yes, from the reports of others, it seems like USB can't handle as many cheats or something. I'll add that info to the thread. Thanks for giving this feedback.

I also removed the turn yellow in shield stun code from the text file, because others were saying this does not work as well. White in shield stun works though:)

Last edited:

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
I just tried aaannnnd all of my codes now are working! thanks Stutterfoot and Achilles for your tips!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I haven't read through all the comments or at your edited post, but if no one has suggested this already you should make a code that somehow indicates when a character is in hitstun.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey, first off really excited about these codes.

However having some trouble getting these to load Using Gecko OS mod version 0.92 on the HomeBrew Channel.

I've tried loading them as just 1 code at the time for version 1.02 (which I confirmed on the back of my disc, it Gale-0-02) and tried using them at the character select screen, but they do not work as intended. When triggering the codes, (Like CPU holds shield) If I load the match with 2nd slot loaded as a player, it will swap to a cpu(which I think is part of the code), but it won't hold shield.
I think this indicates that the code is there, but only partially working.

Codes are loading, the shield stun flash white code does trigger both on it's own and paired with these codes.

I am loading using the GC Hook Type: IV as per IE suggestion
GC Ocarina is set to Yes.
Gecko OS Mod also states that it has found the GALE01 codes and loads them.

Has anyone played around with this in Gecko OS mod?

KI7

Smash Rookie
Amazing work, thanks a lot!

Have been using the DiosMios(Lite) Booter for the last year but couldnt get the codes to work with that. I have no idea why; tried different paths.
Now using usbloadergx. Still have to experiement a bit to reach the max code number since there seems to be a limit of how many you can use.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! Check out the new code in the original post:

R+D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Game Timer to become a Consecutive Hit Counter for All Players

Achilles, this is also great work!!
But I think it has confliction with "D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Bomb Rain" and "D-Pad Right (P1 Only) Toggles Fixed Camera Mode".

also, I confirmed new "L+D-pad left" code.
This makes cpu do only shield. :)

Last edited:

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Tried the bubbles code in 1.0 Some issues:

Doesn't work on dreamland
On some stages it takes time for the bubbles to load.

Otherwise, good work!

Kou

Smash Apprentice
New Code:

X+P-Pad Down Toggles HUD On/Off
(HUD = Heads Up Display)

See original post for details.

hmm, I think "X+D-Pad Down Toggles HUD On/Off" has also confliction.

About confliction
X+D-Pad Down Toggles HUD On/Off
D-Pad Down → Confliction
          When I input X+D-pad down, D-pad down (Bomb Rain) also is on simultaneously

D-Pad Right → Nothing :)

R+D-Pad Down → Confliction
          X+D-pad Down DOESN'T work.
          R+D-Pad down work

I also write about confliction of combo counter (R+D-Pad Down)

R+D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Game Timer to become a Consecutive Hit Counter for All Players
D-Pad Down → Confliction
          R+D-pad Down work :)
          Bomb rain and no knockback&stun are ON from the beginning of the match (Attention: No knockback&stun work ONLY for P1. P2 has knockback&stun normaly)
          D-Pad down doesn't work eternally. Can't be off.

D-Pad Right → Confliction
          R+D-pad Down work:)
          Fixed Camera is ON from the beginning of the match
          D-pad Right doesn't work
          After ten or more minute from the beginning of the match, D-pad Right will start to be available. (But Fixed camera will be on again automatically.)

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
hmm, I think "X+D-Pad Down Toggles HUD On/Off" has also confliction.

About confliction
D-Pad Down → Confliction
          When I input X+D-pad down, D-pad down (Bomb Rain) also is on simultaneously

D-Pad Right → Nothing :)

X+D-pad Down DOESN'T work.
          R+D-Pad down work

I also write about confliction of combo counter (R+D-Pad Down)

D-Pad Down → Confliction
          R+D-pad Down work :)
          Bomb rain and no knockback&stun are ON from the beginning of the match (Attention: No knockback&stun work ONLY for P1. P2 has knockback&stun normaly)
          D-Pad down doesn't work eternally. Can't be off.

R+D-pad Down work:)
          Fixed Camera is ON from the beginning of the match
          D-pad Right doesn't work
          After ten or more minute from the beginning of the match, D-pad Right will start to be available. (But Fixed camera will be on again automatically.)
Kou, thanks for your detailed explanation. It was the R+D-Pad Down Bomb Rain code that was causing the issues. I fixed it in the original post (it was only the very first line that needed to be changed. And I think everything works together as it should, now. Let me know if you find any other issues.

Tried the bubbles code in 1.0 Some issues:

Doesn't work on dreamland
On some stages it takes time for the bubbles to load.

Otherwise, good work!
I'm still trying to determine whether or not the bubbles on Dream Land is an issue with the game in general, or just the code. I say this because my friend and I were playing with collision bubbles on by using the regular debug menu (so this was a few weeks ago) and it would act really odd on Dream Land and make our characters invisible sometimes.

And when you say it takes some time to load, do you mean like 5-10 seconds? or longer than that? and was this on console or dolphin?

Hey, first off really excited about these codes.

However having some trouble getting these to load Using Gecko OS mod version 0.92 on the HomeBrew Channel.

I've tried loading them as just 1 code at the time for version 1.02 (which I confirmed on the back of my disc, it Gale-0-02) and tried using them at the character select screen, but they do not work as intended. When triggering the codes, (Like CPU holds shield) If I load the match with 2nd slot loaded as a player, it will swap to a cpu(which I think is part of the code), but it won't hold shield.
I think this indicates that the code is there, but only partially working.

Codes are loading, the shield stun flash white code does trigger both on it's own and paired with these codes.

I am loading using the GC Hook Type: IV as per IE suggestion
GC Ocarina is set to Yes.
Gecko OS Mod also states that it has found the GALE01 codes and loads them.

Has anyone played around with this in Gecko OS mod?
This sounds like a weird issue, but I don't really know what to tell you. I have never gotten GeckoOS to work properly for myself - which is why I ended up switching to booting from an SD card with Dios-Mios-Booter. idk...have you had any more progress on this?

and when you say, the player gets swapped to a cpu, what is the cpu doing in-game? just standing there?

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Kou, thanks for your detailed explanation. It was the R+D-Pad Down Bomb Rain code that was causing the issues. I fixed it in the original post (it was only the very first line that needed to be changed. And I think everything works together as it should, now. Let me know if you find any other issues.
There are still conflictions. :(

Details:

D-Pad Down → Confliction
          D-pad down is normally work now :) (Changed thing is only this...)
          X+D-Pad Down doesn't work

X+D-pad Down DOESN'T work. (No changed)
          R+D-Pad down work. (No changed)

D-Pad Down → Confliction
          R+D-pad Down work :) (No changed)
          Bomb rain and no knockback&stun are ON from the beginning of the match (Attention: No knockback&stun work ONLY for P1. P2 has knockback&stun normaly) (No changed)
          D-Pad down doesn't work eternally. Can't be off. (No changed)

R+D-pad Down work:) (No changed)
          Fixed Camera is ON from the beginning of the match (No changed)
          D-pad Right doesn't work (No changed)
          After ten or more minute from the beginning of the match, D-pad Right will start to be available. (But Fixed camera will be on again automatically.) (No changed)
                 Now I noticed about "fixed camera will be on again automatically". When a attack hit someone, fixed camera will be on automatically.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
I followed InternetExplorer's guide to play with codes via Gecko and his codes worked fine but for some reason the codes here don't work for me. I've checked my game version so I know I have the right code version any ideas to what might have gone wrong? I'm using a melee disc btw

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I followed InternetExplorer's guide to play with codes via Gecko and his codes worked fine but for some reason the codes here don't work for me. I've checked my game version so I know I have the right code version any ideas to what might have gone wrong? I'm using a melee disc btw
That's really interesting...I wonder if it has something to do with ASM codes. Can you try his "boot to character select screen" code and tell me if it works?

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that one worked. I did see a P2 Infinite shield though and that one works for me. If I can't figure out how to fix the cpu infinite shield code the P2 infinite shield will be fine for practicing shield pressure

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Hey I really like these codes and I think they can help greatly for solo play, but I tried applying the P2 CPU always holds shield and grabs/jumps out of shield code, but it doesn't seem to work.
I inserted them as Gecko codes, because AR codes don't work (I'm doing this on dolphin emulator btw) and I got the Collision bubbles on my character to appear, but only on P2 and not P1. Idk why all the P1 codes aren't working for me.

edit: Nvm. I just read that the codes that weren't working were because I was trying to do them in game, not at character selection screen. I still wanna know know the hitbox one isn't affecting P1.

Last edited:

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Have you considered patching an ISO with all these codes and making it available for download?

Also, I have the same problem. Only codes not made by "achilles" work when I load up the game, which sucks since he has the best ones.

Last edited:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Would it be possible to add a metronome to the game? I'm finding there are a lot of uses for practicing a wide variety of techniques to a metronome (Hax dashing, chain grabs, handoffs, etc.)

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
Amazing thread.

If you don't mind me asking, assuming that this has been asked several times in the past: has any progress or breakthroughs been made to setup randomized tech stands / tech rolls? Is there perhaps something that I could do to help its development (assuming it's been worked on right now).

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'm having some weird issues with the P2 holds shield and grabs/jumps out of shield code. It's working, but not the way it is intended. P2 doesn't jump or attempt to grab when its shield is hit, it just keeps holding its shield up. But when I die or when I hit down-b, then the P2 will grab, or jump into a b move or air dodge... oddly enough.

I really want this specific code to work for me so that I can practice spacing on shields so I don't get shield grabbed.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm having some weird issues with the P2 holds shield and grabs/jumps out of shield code. It's working, but not the way it is intended. P2 doesn't jump or attempt to grab when its shield is hit, it just keeps holding its shield up. But when I die or when I hit down-b, then the P2 will grab, or jump into a b move or air dodge... oddly enough.

I really want this specific code to work for me so that I can practice spacing on shields so I don't get shield grabbed.
I updated the code a few days ago with a new value that, I believe, stops this from happening. Can you verify this is the code you created your .gct with?

P2 Hold Shield
(1.02)
2846B108 FF000041
00480845 00000001
00480848 00000000
CC000000 00000000
E2100000 00000000
00480845 00000000
00480848 0000000A //specifically this line, with an A instead of an E
E2000001 00000000

Edit: err wait. so does the P2 hold shield code work correctly for you? and its only the hold shield and jump/grab one thats messing up?

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I updated the code a few days ago with a new value that, I believe, stops this from happening. Can you verify this is the code you created your .gct with?

Edit: err wait. so does the P2 hold shield code work correctly for you? and its only the hold shield and jump/grab one thats messing up?
Correct. The normal just hold shield one works fine, but it's the jump/grab one that is giving me odd results. It happens everytime I die or down-b.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm trying your code for using up on the Dpad to skip into the stage select screen, but instead it goes to the stage select screen without input. I checked my controller settings in Dolphin and they appear fine. Any idea what the issue may be?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Have you considered patching an ISO with all these codes and making it available for download?

Also, I have the same problem. Only codes not made by "achilles" work when I load up the game, which sucks since he has the best ones.
In order to put these codes into the ISO, they would need to be made into Assembly Language codes because they use IF statements and what not (and have enough free space on the DOL). And its not a trivial task to just "add" code like an IF statement into the DOL of the game. So they probably won't be made into DOL mods.

And so you're having this problem with GeckoOS? I'm currently looking into the issue but I think it has something to do with the codetypes I used (for IF statements and/or toggles) not being compatible with GeckoOS or something.

Amazing thread.

If you don't mind me asking, assuming that this has been asked several times in the past: has any progress or breakthroughs been made to setup randomized tech stands / tech rolls? Is there perhaps something that I could do to help its development (assuming it's been worked on right now).
I don't want to say too much about this for the time being, but yes. Stratocaster has been putting in great work on this subject and it WILL happen. Just gotta get things polished.
Would it be possible to add a metronome to the game? I'm finding there are a lot of uses for practicing a wide variety of techniques to a metronome (Hax dashing, chain grabs, handoffs, etc.)
If I knew how to activate sound effects then yes, this would be possible. Would your character blinking a color (like when your shield breaks) at a specified rate work as well?

Correct. The normal just hold shield one works fine, but it's the jump/grab one that is giving me odd results. It happens everytime I die or down-b.
Does this happen with every character or only certain combinations?

Hey, I'm trying your code for using up on the Dpad to skip into the stage select screen, but instead it goes to the stage select screen without input. I checked my controller settings in Dolphin and they appear fine. Any idea what the issue may be?
hmm this really shouldn't be happening. Try disabling/remapping your d-pad button in dolphin and seeing if it fixes the problem. Also remember, that any player can hit dpad up to load the stage select screen. So make sure all the other players do not have their dpad up button mapped to some other button you are pressing.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, can I remove Bomb rain and 2x Shield Deplete Rate from "D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Bomb Rain, All Players Invincible, and 2x Shield Deplete Rate" Code by editing this?
I want the code it realize only "No knockback".

If can, I want to train Shield drop aerial using no-knockback with L+R+D-Pad Up (P1 only) Toggles P2 to Spam Uptilt.

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
I'm telling you, if you have a computer good enough to run Dolphin and then watch InternetExplorer's video tutorial, there's no way you'll not start hacking. It's so much fun and makes you feel so powerful. muahaha

Future plans are a little hazy. I am just now finishing a code to help people practice Peach Break the Targets strategies (so she pulls bomb/beam sword when there are a specific amount of targets left). Stratocaster is working on influencing CPU/Human inputs to force them to do things in certain situations (hopefully will lead to DI and teching codes) and I plan on helping with this some. Idk what else.

I'm really trying to grow the Melee hacking scene because so little has been done which creates so much possibility. I plan on writing some guides soon and making a compendium of some sorts where people can compile memory offsets and things.

for what its worth, here's a spreadsheet of memory locations IE + me + massive made a while ago:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...sTVNhMkdIX1lMSFR0RTA2a1E&usp=drive_web#gid=12

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yes, this happens with different characters as the CPU. I tried it with Marth and Falco as the CPU and they both did the same thing when I died or down-b'ed. I'm using Ganondorf, but I can attempt to use the other characters if need be.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
In order to put these codes into the ISO, they would need to be made into Assembly Language codes because they use IF statements and what not (and have enough free space on the DOL). And its not a trivial task to just "add" code like an IF statement into the DOL of the game. So they probably won't be made into DOL mods.

And so you're having this problem with GeckoOS? I'm currently looking into the issue but I think it has something to do with the codetypes I used (for IF statements and/or toggles) not being compatible with GeckoOS or something.

I don't want to say too much about this for the time being, but yes. Stratocaster has been putting in great work on this subject and it WILL happen. Just gotta get things polished.

If I knew how to activate sound effects then yes, this would be possible. Would your character blinking a color (like when your shield breaks) at a specified rate work as well?

hmm this really shouldn't be happening. Try disabling/remapping your d-pad button in dolphin and seeing if it fixes the problem. Also remember, that any player can hit dpad up to load the stage select screen. So make sure all the other players do not have their dpad up button mapped to some other button you are pressing.
What other application can I use to load gamecube games with ocarina codes? What do you use?

Top Bottom