• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ultimamax

Smash Rookie
I found a really weird (and annoying) quirk of the replay engine. When I record replays that involve shield interactions, they tend not to play out the same way after the recording.

For instance, I was making a replay where Falco platform-cancel bairs Sheik's hard shield repeatedly on Battlefield. When I played back the replay, Falco missed his L-cancel timing after the first bair and it threw the rest of the replay off. I just had a similar thing happen while trying to record a shield pressure string with Falco, again. I'm guessing loading state might not reset the stale queue? If it's not that it sounds to me like this is a bug.

This is on 4.07, btw

I found a really weird (and annoying) quirk of the replay engine. When I record replays that involve shield interactions, they tend not to play out the same way after the recording.

For instance, I was making a replay where Falco platform-cancel bairs Sheik's hard shield repeatedly on Battlefield. When I played back the replay, Falco missed his L-cancel timing after the first bair and it threw the rest of the replay off. I just had a similar thing happen while trying to record a shield pressure string with Falco, again. I'm guessing loading state might not reset the stale queue? If it's not that it sounds to me like this is a bug.

This is on 4.07, btw
I don't know how to combat your specific issue, but I noticed a similar playback problem with shield drops in replays. Shield drops never worked for me unless I used a digital press in the recording. Light shield would never playback correctly

RedGamer

Smash Ace
are you planning to integrate a sweetspot double jump option in a future update?
or perhaps a toggle for specific recovery options used by fox or falco?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Is there a way that I can add custom music to 20XX?
Yes. Things have changed since these posts were made but these should point you in the right direction.
Alrighty. Here is what you do. I think. Find the music you want. It can be an mp3 or you can grab an hps from https://smashboards.com/threads/the-complete-music-and-sound-compendium.396551/. If you use an mp3 you need to convert it to an hps, for quality work you will have to do more work but I usually just use https://smashboards.com/threads/mel...a-hps-builder-v1-1c-update-2016-04-14.434288/ and drag and convert. Works. Alright I am going to assume you have the DAT Texture Wizard because all the cool kids do https://smashboards.com/threads/dat-texture-wizard-current-version-5-4.373777/ . Open your iso in DTW and eject MnSlChr.0sd and MnSlChr.1sd and MnSlChr.usd. You need to have the file extensions so you can see and modify them. So now you need to add the hps you have to your iso. You need this. https://smashboards.com/threads/the...k-v4-07-7-04-17.351221/page-150#post-21094419 Drag the hps you made to the hps folder in the auto inject tool. Then add MnSlChr.usd to folder, not the hps folder, the base folder and use the autoinject.bat, for an normal 20XX 4.07++ use c8 as the first offset. Then move MnSlChr.usd out, move in MnSlChr.1sd rename it to MnSlChr.usd and autoinject to the same offset. Move out that MnSlChr.usd out and rename it to MnSlChr.1st and then do the same thing for MnSlChr.0sd. Now import those MnSlChr back into your iso using DTW. Take the hps from the hps renamed folder and use DTW and add to disk under the audio section and add the hps. The iso will have to rebuild and if you did it right the songs should be there in the debug menu with their name and should be added to you 20XX.

If you want to improve the loop or what not maybe fix the original mp3 file to the desired beginning and end, I use Audacity and normalize it, dsp2hps (which is in the audio converter and might need updating to the newest version) might do that automatically.

Ask if something doesn't make sense or read more at one of the links.

Last edited:

DERPSQUID

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble. Whenever I boot 20XX, it immediately goes to the character select and the sounds are all glitchy. I use Swiss on a Gamecube via Datel's SD Media Launcher. I use a 64gb SDXC card to boot 20XX. I have the speed setting in Swiss set to "Compatible". I also used DAT to build an ISO.

Edit: I played it a little bit and I found that the main problem is that the sound glitches out and everything lags when the narrator speaks and I think also when applause plays, but I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this was already asked, but is there a way to get the 3.02 20xx cpu type in the latest 20xx? i want random DI/tech options, and i want spacies to shine (or spotdodge/choose a human like fast option) after a tech option. I tried most of them on the latest 20xx and they have random DI, but no shine on wakeup.

0uranos1

Smash Rookie
Is Achilles okay? We haven't heard from him in quite a bit, just want to be sure he's doing alright (if anyone knows).

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
How do I use the different game modes like endless friendlies and tagteam? I found the info and turned on endless friendlies, but it did not seem to do anything.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Bump.
I'd really appreciate if someone can do this!

Kalpek

Smash Rookie
Using Crazy Hand, I installed the Frame Speed Modifier engine to 20XX 4.07++, but it crashes whenever I start a match. This happens on every 20XX version. Any solutions?

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
I just finished an iso edit of like every character color, a couple effects edits, stages, cursors, and screens. I realized that it's making me desync on netplay but I don't have any remodeled or revectored skins that I know of.

Anyway is there a simple way of knowing what textures are causing the desyncs? or should I just go back to replacing them from the ground up and adding the misc things one by one until it starts desyncing again?

Whoops this is the wrong thread I'm posting in the other

Last edited:
Hey, for some reason whenever I launch the game it just takes me to the character select and won't let me edit the match settings or leave or anything. I'm using Dolphin 5.0 which causes vanilla melee to launch normally, but not 20XX. The same issue also happens when I use the Ishiiruka Dolphin 5.8.7 (the one for Anther's Ladder) for both vanilla and 20XX. Any help getting any of these editions of Melee to work? Until then, I can't access any of the funky stuff in the debug menu... :(

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Hey, for some reason whenever I launch the game it just takes me to the character select and won't let me edit the match settings or leave or anything. I'm using Dolphin 5.0 which causes vanilla melee to launch normally, but not 20XX. The same issue also happens when I use the Ishiiruka Dolphin 5.8.7 (the one for Anther's Ladder) for both vanilla and 20XX. Any help getting any of these editions of Melee to work? Until then, I can't access any of the funky stuff in the debug menu... :(
Make sure to disable netplay codes.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to play frozen pokemon stadium on 4.07++? I've searched for a while an can't seem to find it anywhere. I looked in the debug menu, went to the stage select screen and tried a whole bunch of button combinations and can't seem to find it. Sorry if this was obvious

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Does anyone know how to play frozen pokemon stadium on 4.07++? I've searched for a while an can't seem to find it anywhere. I looked in the debug menu, went to the stage select screen and tried a whole bunch of button combinations and can't seem to find it. Sorry if this was obvious
It's on the alternate stage list. At the stage select screen, press D-Pad Right for Hacked Stages. Frozen Stadium is blue.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
It's on the alternate stage list. At the stage select screen, press D-Pad Right for Hacked Stages. Frozen Stadium is blue.
on the stage select screen i tried dpad right and nothing happened. also tried dpad up, down, and left

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
I just encountered a very startling bug and am hoping someone would please help me. I was in the middle of installing the 4.06 to 4.07++ patch when GCR crashed, and now GCR is totally broken. Would somebody please finish installing the 4.07++ patch? I would greatly appreciate it. The textures I spent many hours working on are in that file. Here is my copy, and I hope somebody would just install the files from the patch.

I believe the reason GCR isn't working is because I'm trying to run it on a Mac

Last edited:

MCAV2004

Smash Rookie
I am also having the same problem with the GCR as I am finding that it is not opening and downloading for me. Can somebody please fix this? Also I am on Windows 10 and it is not working, if that clarifies anything.
I just encountered a very startling bug and am hoping someone would please help me. I was in the middle of installing the 4.06 to 4.07++ patch when GCR crashed, and now GCR is totally broken. Would somebody please finish installing the 4.07++ patch? I would greatly appreciate it. The textures I spent many hours working on are in that file. Here is my copy, and I hope somebody would just install the files from the patch.

I believe the reason GCR isn't working is because I'm trying to run it on a Mac

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I am also having the same problem with the GCR as I am finding that it is not opening and downloading for me. Can somebody please fix this? Also I am on Windows 10 and it is not working, if that clarifies anything.
I am not sure about for the Mac, but just use DAT Texture Wizard to build. The patch isn't complicated, but maybe just start over with 4.07++. Moving over character skins is really easy.
https://smashboards.com/threads/dat-texture-wizard-current-version-5-4.373777/

Don't know if its best to ask here. How do I use the advanced settings? CPU AI codes, and Player Flags?
Offensive ratio?

Model Scale?

Spoof Controller?

Understanding CPU AI types?

There's a lot of other options there that I only have a rough assumption of what they even do, let alone understand them. I haven't found anything on it myself, so I'm asking here

jjwk544

Smash Rookie
Hey I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere. If I have flash red on unsuccesful L cancel on, will my character still flash red when I auto cancel an arial? I feel like sometimes I flash red but I have the recovery of an auto cancel.

Also is there anyway to set a color overlay or something to give me a visual indicator when I successfully auto cancel?

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
Hey I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere. If I have flash red on unsuccesful L cancel on, will my character still flash red when I auto cancel an arial? I feel like sometimes I flash red but I have the recovery of an auto cancel.
The flashing red happens when you enter the aerial landing lag state, called "LANDINGAIR" by the game, which you do by hitting the ground during an aerial while not in the autocancel window. 20XX i guess knows whether you pressed L correctly, and if you didnt, it will add the red overlay once you land.

However, autocanceling doesn't put you in that same state. Autocanceling puts you in the "LANDING" state, which is the same state as landing from an empty hop. So you won't flash red because you're not in the aerial landing lag state.

In short: No. Autocanceling doesn't put you into aerial landing lag, so the game can't flash you red.

Also is there anyway to set a color overlay or something to give me a visual indicator when I successfully auto cancel?
Yes. There's another option to flash white on successful L cancel.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
is 20xx dead?
I mean, Achilles probably has more important things to do currently, I wouldn't call it dead. Just because it's been over a year since an update doesn't mean much, just look at the time it took for version 4.05 to version 4.06.

Foxco

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if 20xx changes your control stick values when you plug in? Eg when i plug in a controller and turn on analog input display it shows x and y of 4 and -3 respectively. Does this mean that when I plug into 20xx it automatically aligns the gate for me where as vanilla wouldn't?

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I just upgraded from 4.05 to 4.07++, and i'm glad that the music finally works right, and that a bunch of stuff was added.

However, i'm having a problem, every time i hit a CPU with a strong attack, it dies instantly and makes the game really boring, i tried resetting the memory card and trying again but still nothing, i'm playing via Nintendont on a 2007 (or 06?) Wii.

SolidZX

Smash Rookie
I just upgraded from 4.05 to 4.07++, and i'm glad that the music finally works right, and that a bunch of stuff was added.

However, i'm having a problem, every time i hit a CPU with a strong attack, it dies instantly and makes the game really boring, i tried resetting the memory card and trying again but still nothing, i'm playing via Nintendont on a 2007 (or 06?) Wii.
That sounds like a problem with your 20XX iso, you need to repatch it, or i can send you the one i have works fine.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Nah, just had to enable the "Skip IPL" option on the Nintendont menu, shame, because i like seeing the GC intro.

imo this should be noted in the next update, in the same image that tells you to disable Native Control.

Top Bottom