• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
The first mac directions in the 4.05 download didn't work for me. Not sure if anyone is having the same issue. The alternative directions worked tho.

The directions said to run chmod a+rx script_file.sh on terminal, but the script file was named something else. So I renamed the script file and then that command worked.

I renamed my ISO file to ssbm_1.02.iso. Then the directions said to run ./script_file.sh ssbm_1.02.iso. Here is where I got this list of errors:
: command not foundine 1:
: command not foundine 3:
: command not foundine 7:
: command not foundine 11:
: command not foundine 15:
: command not foundine 16:
'/script_file.sh: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `{
'/script_file.sh: line 17: `checkhash () {

Couldn't figure out what this meant so I tried the other method alternative set of directions and it worked. Not sure if it's dependent on my mac or something wrong with the script file code, by here are my specs anyway:
OSX Yosemite 10.10.3
1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Anyway, thanks for the download!
Hello, I'm having the same exact issue, but the alternative method did not work unfortunately. It says that the "Patch Format: Not Supported". The MD5 of my melee iso is the correct one. I'm on Yosemite 10.5.5 as well.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
Hey Achilles, is there going to be a changelist with info on where all the new costumes are stored, and infor on how to add custom music and stuff like that? Looking to start on my custom build soon, but I only know where the skins are stored if they were already in 3.05!

whims

Smash Apprentice
Hey Achilles, is there going to be a changelist with info on where all the new costumes are stored, and infor on how to add custom music and stuff like that? Looking to start on my custom build soon, but I only know where the skins are stored if they were already in 3.05!
the skins are stored in the same places (Pl****.dat) just with two more additions per character: Pl****.rat (the one that shows up when u hit the r trigger) and Pl****.lat (the one that shows up when u hit the l trigger). custom music is covered in this guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...-includes-brstm-file-conversion-guide.401142/ and achilles made another guide for adding these files to 20xx here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-113#post-20431568

Acryte

Smash Ace
CPUs are awesome. I really feel like I can get stronger in the neutral from playing them. I'm sure the recovery will get more sophisticated over time though, as that and ledge options seem to be it's major downfall. Hopefully toggles come at some point and I can trash all my old versions. Love the new version Achilles you're the best man.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
A few questions about latest version:

- what are toggles exactly and about when do you think they'll be back?
- are CPUs enhanced for every character? Like CPU Peach doing float cancels and such, or does it only concern spacies?
- does 20XX work well with Nintendont?

whims

Smash Apprentice

- are CPUs enhanced for every character? Like CPU Peach doing float cancels and such, or does it only concern spacies?
toggles are the ability to turn certain features off with in game hotkeys (like infinite shield or get falco to sh laser) and idk when they'll be back. they're still super useful but not as useful now that the new ai is in and we have such a huge debug menu

i cant answer the cpu question, but 20xx works perfectly with nintendont. it's the setup i'm currently using

SpaceRecon

Smash Rookie
Hello. I downloaded 4.02 and read that there are alternative skins for the stages. I was only able to use Battlefield's alternative skin, i couldnt switch any of the other stages. Also, i would like to know if its possible to add myself some alternative stages skins, without replacing the default one. If so, how many skins per stage can i add?
I think the only new skins added are on battlefield so far.

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
Only player 1 will show Color Overlays. L-cancelling, action-states, etc. will only work for player 1.
Did you ever figure out why? My Color Overlays work fine but they might not work if you have gecko codes enabled (like melee netplay settings) on dolphin, and action state/and l-cancel overlays both require you to activate each individually for each player under their respective menus.

If neither dolphin gecko codes nor activating the overlays for players other than player 1 were the issue, can you post your 20XX 4.05 MD5 checksum (provided you didn't modify the ISO beyond the 20XX xdelta/file patches)? If you did modify the ISO beyond that, what modifications did you do?
--
Where can i find what all the 4.0 debug stuff means?
What debug stuff are you talking about? The reworked develop in-game code toggles?
Or are you talking about the 20XX settings screen, which appears when you click 'Debug Menu' under Vs. Mode?
this question also applies to:
20XX Debug Menu, not vM's
--
Hello. I downloaded 4.02 and read that there are alternative skins for the stages. I was only able to use Battlefield's alternative skin, i couldnt switch any of the other stages. Also, i would like to know if its possible to add myself some alternative stages skins, without replacing the default one. If so, how many skins per stage can i add?
asked this earlier on another thread but it was never answered; i'd also like to know
I think the only new skins added are on battlefield so far.
4.02? do you mean 4.05? Also yes, battlefield is the only level with alternates at this point.
--
[MESSAGE CONTAINED NO TEXT THIS HAS BEEN ADDED]
I think you accidentally added your message into your quote of someone else's message, if you meant to ask
Do i have to replace my regular melee iso into a 20xx 4.05 iso? also , i have the tournament edition 20xx, do i delete that?
  1. patching the melee iso gives you a new iso, if you're worried about this (which I find unlikely given that you know how to use Nintendont otherwise) just make a new copy of the iso before patching
  2. If you're running 20XXTE from a memory card you don't have to delete it, but if you experience them conflicting in any way please post what you see in the , and just use a different memory card
  3. I don't think Nintendont indexes ISOs based on their label (melee 1.02 NTSC is GALE01) like Dios Mios does, which would be the only precluding factor causing you to have to replace your melee iso on your setup. For the purposes of completeness, even though this doesn't apply to your situation, Dios Mios' case you have to modify the iso label to load both 20XX and melee from the same filesystem, which also changes their respective save functionality.
I wrote this even knowing your later post:
Never mind guys, I finally have it!!!

****ing bots are hard AF lol
existed, because I was concerned that you might have deleted melee/20XXTE/etc without having to.
--

toggles are the ability to turn certain features off with in game hotkeys (like infinite shield or get falco to sh laser) and idk when they'll be back. they're still super useful but not as useful now that the new ai is in and we have such a huge debug menu

i cant answer the cpu question, but 20xx works perfectly with nintendont. it's the setup i'm currently using
All of the in-game code toggles are present except for the ones which overrode CPU behavior in 3.02. So with the exception of CPU codes they hadn't left.
"toggles" in Link_enfant's post likely refer to 'in game code toggles' in which case these are modifiers to the game you can implement while playing by hitting certain dpad+button combinations, like toggling debug hitbox/hurtbox/grab/etc displays (if in-game code toggles are enabled) via dpad right+y at any point during gameplay.

From having done an iron man in the game earlier, all 'NORMAL' AIs for all the standard characters (read: all characters, including sopo and sheik, except for those who can only be selected or used by a z-alternate like Giga Bowser or wire frames) have been patched.

CPU code toggles would still be useful since practicing single tasks, like spacing and punishing shieldgrabs and all other OOS options, practicing dealing with and power shielding falco's lasers, etc, are still extremely useful, and is pretty much the only reason to still have 3.02 at this point (beyond the old action overlay being set-and-forget).
---
Thanks for you great effort man.

I have a suggestion.
For some things, I really miss the old actual lvl 1 cpu. Are you planing on adding an option to switch between the new and old cpus? or something like that?

Thanks again.
Third, or a switch between old level 1-9 CPU.
These posts are a duplicate of
For the next patch, It would be nice to set the CPU AI for level 1 before it was modified with the new update so that we may be able to practice chaingrabs/tech chases much more easily. If there is a way to do this currently without them attacking me all the time, please let me know!
Which Achilles answered earlier:
Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags --> and set the player's AI type to something other than normal.
Good candidates which are essentially the same as the old cpu are ALT NORMAL or NORMALISH. The others allow you to set the behavior more towards them running away or jumping or pulling items, or acting like stuff from adventure mode and all that.
---

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey achilles, fantastic work as always. The new AI is insane, tonnes of crazy moments where a cpu has bodied me already!

These event matches are super dope! I don't know if this is a feature or a side effect, but your score appears in seconds in minute format, but cannot go over 2:00, even if you score over 120. Would be super sick to get that displaying higher scores.

Also, this is something that's a problem with all "fake" PAL isos. In NTSC, inert hitboxes deactivate projectiles, but this was patched out in PAL. This still occurs when on NTSC isos with PAL movesets. Likewise, DK loses his charge punch when hit during Up+b in NTSC, this again was patched out in PAL, but still occurs in NTSC isos with PAL movesets.

Def not a high priority, but it'd be a nice polish to PAL mode. I don't know if there are any other differences.
Thanks for the comments, Schmoob. I will try and look into the high scores thing. Can you expand upon the "inert hitboxes deactivate projectiles" and provide an example? I was looking for some documentation about this somewhere, but it is new to me.

I've added PAL DK not losing giant punch to the next build. Thanks.

Coze

20YY Cultist
Trigger trick doesn't seem to work with Nintendont. I enabled Native Controller in the menu but it seems to do nothing to remedy the problem. Perhaps there's a method to save the settings which I'm not doing as I am new.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the comments, Schmoob. I will try and look into the high scores thing. Can you expand upon the "inert hitboxes deactivate projectiles" and provide an example? I was looking for some documentation about this somewhere, but it is new to me.

I believe the only inert hitboxes in the game are Falcon and Ganon's raptor boost, and Peach Bomber. Used to detect an opponents hurtbox to initiate the attack phase. If a projectile intersects with the inert hitbox, it will not hit the owners hurtbox even if intersecting. But if the projectile hits only the owners hurtbox, it will still hit.

Have some pics about it here

edit: double checked and it is only for the inert hitbox owner, if another player is touched by the projectile when in the inert hitbox, they will still be hit.

Last edited:

joebigs

Smash Rookie
NNID
joebigs
If I'm loading from USB, can I just replace the root folder that was downloaded with my old one that was 20xx 3.02? Or do I have to do any extra steps?

Masondeanm

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Any chance you could allow multiple action states to have the same color overlay? I really want to color all actionable states the same color.

Shivese

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 It would be nice, if you could turn the insane CPU off. Sometimes i just want to practice my combos and not have to spend all of my effort getting the grab. It also seems like for some reason, that even if I've chosen random DI, falcon will continuously DI sheik's ftilt up.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 It would be nice, if you could turn the insane CPU off. Sometimes i just want to practice my combos and not have to spend all of my effort getting the grab. It also seems like for some reason, that even if I've chosen random DI, falcon will continuously DI sheik's ftilt up.
Go to gameplay options to the vs mode one and go to player flags and change the AI type for the desired controller.

Last edited:

TS 836

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, but uh I just cannot seem to figure out to even create the file. On Windows I can just drag and drop right? Well, When I do that absolutely nothing happens. Either it won't let or the file won't do anything, are you sure the BAT file works that easily?

TS 836

Smash Rookie
What do? Is there like another way to create it? Or is there a link to a prebuilt file? This is irritating me, as I'm doing exactly what the instructions say and it literally isn't doing anything.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I dragged and dropped my .iso file onto the bat file and it worked perfectly. Not sure if it requires anything else that's special however like java updates or .net updates or something though.

Ghinny

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm having the same exact issue, but the alternative method did not work unfortunately. It says that the "Patch Format: Not Supported". The MD5 of my melee iso is the correct one. I'm on Yosemite 10.5.5 as well.

I was having the same issue on debian linux. For linux and mac the bash file/script file ending in .sh had windows return characters "\r". Basically that causes issues. I guess the file was made on a windows machine and the editor just added them in. Even after removing them the script did not work. I just did it manually. You already checked the MD5 sum so make sure you have xdelta3 installed and run the following command changing the appropriate parts at the end:

xdelta3 -f -d -s ssbm_1.02.iso 20XX\ 4.05\ xdelta\ patch.xdelta 20XX.iso

ssbm_1.02.iso is your vanillia iso and 20XX.iso will be the output file name. Also you have to put backslashes in 20XX 4.05 xdelta patch.xdelta. This worked for me.

Hopefully the script will be updated and fixed soon.

Bluefalco (U$A!)

Smash Rookie

Sorry i just made a smash boards account and i have no idea how this whole thread thing works but im having a problem, i tried getting 4.05 and ended up deleting all my files even my nintendont (long story...) but i got nintendont back (which took like two days because i am bad with this stuff) and i also got 20XX 4.05 but everytime i try to launch it, it never loads my tv screen just stays black do you know how to fix this?

Bluefalco (U$A!)

Smash Rookie
Sorry i just made a smash boards account and i have no idea how this whole thread thing works but im having a problem, i tried getting 4.05 and ended up deleting all my files even my nintendont (long story...) but i got nintendont back (which took like two days because i am bad with this stuff) and i also got 20XX 4.05 but everytime i try to launch it, it never loads my tv screen just stays black do you know how to fix this?
Also i use a usb for the game and an sd card for nintendont

TheLonelySpaghetti

Smash Rookie
Go to gameplay options to the vs mode one and go to player flags and change the AI type for the desired controller.
can you explain what the different CPU modes are?
there's obvious one's like evade and guard edge.... but normalish? freak?

there needs to be more documentation for this ABSOLUTELY REVOLUTIONARY patch!

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Hello friends.

So I've got BootMii, Homebrew, Nintendont, and 20XX 4.05. For some reason, the damn thing isn't appearing in Nintendont.

The 20XX 4.05 iso plays fine in Dolphin, so I know it isn't an iso issue.

Here is a screenshot of my SD card: https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=13f05bfa79fafec71d7a23d7b8c701ac&oe=56F7C6D0 (tried having a friend on Facebook help me)

Here is a screenshot of where my 20XX iso is (and that I've changed the name to "game.iso": https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=aa47f953327e38840144af6a9bdbd1e6&oe=56F7C77D

Although the card was already formatted to FAT32, I've reformatted it again (for good measure) and made sure the allocation unit size was 32kb.

I've checked the lock switch on the SD card and have tried it both unlocked and lock (locked first after formatting it, then unlocked).

halp

whims

Smash Apprentice
Hello friends.

So I've got BootMii, Homebrew, Nintendont, and 20XX 4.05. For some reason, the damn thing isn't appearing in Nintendont.

The 20XX 4.05 iso plays fine in Dolphin, so I know it isn't an iso issue.

Here is a screenshot of my SD card: https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=13f05bfa79fafec71d7a23d7b8c701ac&oe=56F7C6D0 (tried having a friend on Facebook help me)

Here is a screenshot of where my 20XX iso is (and that I've changed the name to "game.iso": https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=aa47f953327e38840144af6a9bdbd1e6&oe=56F7C77D

Although the card was already formatted to FAT32, I've reformatted it again (for good measure) and made sure the allocation unit size was 32kb.

I've checked the lock switch on the SD card and have tried it both unlocked and lock (locked first after formatting it, then unlocked).

halp
try naming it just game, as the .iso seems to be already part of the file.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
If that's what it has to be to fix it, I'm going to be so sad because Ive been working on this after work for two days now.

I'll try it in the morning if I have time

Last edited:
Top Bottom