• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
It will be playable. You just won't be able to use those features.

Yes, they randomly tech and DI and you can modify the "random" teching chances for each option.

Please download the 4.0 beta. But the answer is no. Changing to PAL is changing the character data file, not a costume file. Hence, why you can be PAL characters and also use costumes at the same time.

Archives menu is disabled on purpose because the movie files are deleted from the ISO. Choosing a video would then make your game freeze.

Idk about the CPU behavior, but I don't really care about it. If you were doing attacks with Master/Crazyhand, then you might have toggled one of the old 20XX CPU behaviors that would just make the P2 CPU stand still in this build. I agree, I should add some compatibility to using Master/Crazyhand that doesn't coincide with the codes, but it's super low on the priority list. I would first want to make them controllable by any character that selected them instead of only P3.

I added some checks to the teching and DI codes to disable it for Sandbag now. Thanks for letting me know.

No plans to add the How To Play song back in at the moment, but you can always put it back in yourself.

Turbo Mode - maybe that Impossible Cancel game mode that Punkline is working on once it is finished.

I experimented with destroying the Pokeball instead of having it open, and it works, but it is kind of ugly. Is the blue and white graphic what you find to be annoying?

You inspired me to get the CSP color changes working for Single Player modes. I had been using a blip of code from Sham Rock that only worked for VS modes. It ended up taking a fair bit of time to figure out the different changes necessary to get the color changing to work in Single Player but I think I have it totally working now. This has been on my bucket list of things to do, so it feels good to cross it off. Just gotta test it a little more to make sure.

Thanks for the feedback. Also, are you loading from USB or SD?
It's a shame the Archives menu is disabled... Hope you can get it working someday if you do so.

I didn't really toggle any CPU behavior option that would interfere with Master/Crazy Hand mode. If you added that option to play as Master/Crazy Hand with any controller port, that would be amazing and very useful.

Thank you so much for that and no problem.

I guess I can do that for now.

Didn't really know someone was STILL working on it! Thought they already had it finished. I really hope you add it there! Turbo Mode is a really cool P.M mode and it would be insanely hype inside of Melee.

Yeah, that's the thing that annoys me... So flashy... WAIT! Recently, I saw you had Ditto as a selectable Pokémon in the Debug Menu. I chose Ditto as the Pokémon to appear but disaled Pokémon spawning at the same time to play your Dodgeball gamemode. When I threw it on the floor... Only a puff would appear instead of the light! You could somehow work from that and just make the Pokéball appear and nothing more happens.

Really? I'm glad I inspired you in that. I mean... It's a great pleasure to help one of my favorite moderators/users inside the Smash community since you're one of the few people that got me into competitive Melee. Hope you add that code soon!

No problem! I really enjoy reporting bugs, minor problems and making requests, but I'm still surprised no one yet has reported you these kind of bugs? I mean, they're kinda noticeable and... Major, or at least for me since they affect gameplay.

Also... Yeah, I load the USB Loader app with an USB and I load GameCube games with a SD card inside the USB Loader app.

Last edited:

FLiiNcHy

Smash Rookie
ive been trying to get the newest beta (4.0.04) every time i load the game through nintendont via usb i get a black screen and nothing more. halp plz . I have the correct copy and used the converter method to get 20XX

anandb

Smash Rookie
On the 4.0 beta 04, my game crashes when I try to access the wavedash color menu, or the action state color menu.
Worked fine in beta 03 though.

Additionally, I can only modify the Battlefield texture option - it's impossible to navigate to other maps (they show up as the green info text)

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Additionally, I can only modify the Battlefield texture option - it's impossible to navigate to other maps (they show up as the green info text)
Only the battlefield textures have been added in, other textures will be implemented in later

Scervo

Smash Rookie
So now that the D-Pad controls in character select have different functions in 4.0, what are the new inputs for entering stage select alone and for using hacked stages?

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
I'm usb loading SSBM through Dios Mios on a homebrewed wii.
I attempted to convert my iso, but I'm getting an error. The converter verifies that my iso is vanilla, and begins constructing the beta build. The next line of text reads 'xdelta3-x86_64-3.0.10.exe' is not recognized as an internal command, operable program, or batch file. It then states that construction is complete.
I answer yes to check my MD5 hash, and it generates a "correct MD5 hash" with series of numbers after. But, in the next line it says "Your 20XX ISO MD5 hash: CertUtil: The system cannot find the file specified."
Any help with this maybe..?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Which version of 20xx is ok for Dolphin/PC? 4.0 crashes
All versions work on Dolphin. When is it freezing for you? On start-up or in game? What dialogue are you recieving when it crashes?

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
So, kind of a vague question. A few weeks ago I put 20XX on my wii, some of you may remember me briefly posting in here trying to figure some things out.

I went to a tournament tonight and brought my setup with me, a crt and a wii running 4.0 beta03 that I got from using the tools posted here to patch a vanilla NTSC 1.02 ISO to 20XX.

None of the guys there had any prior experience with this particular build of 20XX and some of them complained that something was off about the way things worked. At first they thought the gameplay had been somehow changed but then they thought it was just the animations.

A Marth player said something was very off about his up throw animation on Sheik and that the hitlag was way different from vanilla Melee.

ORLY was there and also confirmed that something also felt weird, but nobody could describe it clearly. They insisted it wasn't the TV and it wasn't the hitstun differences between 1.0 and 1.02, they think it was just my ISO that was weird, they were convinced it wasn't a vanilla ISO.

I'm fairly certain it was a vanilla ISO, otherwise the patch tool wouldn't have worked, right?

What is it about my setup that's causing these weird gameplay differences in the game? Is it something to do with 20XX? Is it the fact that I'm using nintendont?

20LC

Smash Cadet
So, kind of a vague question. A few weeks ago I put 20XX on my wii, some of you may remember me briefly posting in here trying to figure some things out.

I went to a tournament tonight and brought my setup with me, a crt and a wii running 4.0 beta03 that I got from using the tools posted here to patch a vanilla NTSC 1.02 ISO to 20XX.

None of the guys there had any prior experience with this particular build of 20XX and some of them complained that something was off about the way things worked. At first they thought the gameplay had been somehow changed but then they thought it was just the animations.

A Marth player said something was very off about his up throw animation on Sheik and that the hitlag was way different from vanilla Melee.

ORLY was there and also confirmed that something also felt weird, but nobody could describe it clearly. They insisted it wasn't the TV and it wasn't the hitstun differences between 1.0 and 1.02, they think it was just my ISO that was weird, they were convinced it wasn't a vanilla ISO.

I'm fairly certain it was a vanilla ISO, otherwise the patch tool wouldn't have worked, right?

What is it about my setup that's causing these weird gameplay differences in the game? Is it something to do with 20XX? Is it the fact that I'm using nintendont?
Emulated inputs are on by default. If you haven't turned it off, that could be the problem.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)

If they're complaining about animations looking weird, then perhaps you've turned the screen shaking off? It does look indescribably strange if you don't know what it is, or have never seen it before.

In general, don't bring 20XX into tournaments; it creates opportunity for problems and there's no reason to do so when you can just use the vanilla .iso you must have used to make it instead.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
So now that the D-Pad controls in character select have different functions in 4.0, what are the new inputs for entering stage select alone and for using hacked stages?
hold start to play alone (does not work with stocks, cuz the game would instantly end)
hacked stages are accessible via stage selection screen (there's even a picture on it with a dpad symbol)

soulster

Smash Rookie
Very nice design but its just really buggy right now. Ran into a bug with SD Remix Kirby where I jumped and I floated to the top of the screen with no jumping animation and no control over Kirby. Shortly after my game froze. I should probably mention that I was using the Gooey skin (blue, r-alternate skin)

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
If they're complaining about animations looking weird, then perhaps you've turned the screen shaking off? It does look indescribably strange if you don't know what it is, or have never seen it before.

In general, don't bring 20XX into tournaments; it creates opportunity for problems and there's no reason to do so when you can just use the vanilla .iso you must have used to make it instead.
You're right, that was exactly it. Thanks for that.

I probably should use vanilla for tournaments. Is there a way to have both vanilla and 20XX on the same wii at the same time?

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
All versions work on Dolphin. When is it freezing for you? On start-up or in game? What dialogue are you recieving when it crashes?
It crashes for me when I go into the debug menu. When I set what I want in the debug menu and then back out it kicks me to the title screen. I press start and it crashes and says not responding do you want to close.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

It crashes for me when I go into the debug menu. When I set what I want in the debug menu and then back out it kicks me to the title screen. I press start and it crashes and says not responding do you want to close.
Alright well it's a pretty easy fix, all you have to do is go into the ISO settings and DISABLE the global netplay settings. If you do that and then try running it, you shouldn't have a problem.

NiteCyper

Smash Rookie
Re: 20XX 4.0 Beta04

Rumble can no longer be toggled per name. Names simply aren't in the Rumble menu.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Alright well it's a pretty easy fix, all you have to do is go into the ISO settings and DISABLE the global netplay settings. If you do that and then try running it, you shouldn't have a problem.
It worked! I had netplay enabled for Melee. Thanks

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
- Added the ability to specify custom x-axis DI strength for CPUs being upthrown, and attacks that put a
character into DamageFlyTop.
Achilles, will it be possible to set x-axis di strength for forward throws using this, or does it only apply to cpus being uthrown (seems like this is the case) ?

I would like to be able to practice pivot smashes on puff di'ing away

What would be really sweet is if you could make different DI selections per CPU, that way you could have

P2 - Vanilla DI
P3 - Random DI
P4 - DI full away

This would make life so much simpler since you wouldn't have to go back to the debug menu for every individual DI change you want to practice.

It would also be sweet if 20xx would save these DI specifications so you wouldn't have to reassign them every time you start up 20xx

Also it would be sweet if you could change DI options from in game like you can the in-game toggle codes

<3

jasc5797

Smash Rookie
I may have completely missed it, but it seems like the "Character Codes", such as having different colors for Marth's sword swing, have been removed. Again I may just be missing them, but if they are gone will the be re-implemented in the future?

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
So I have been using the same 20xx 3.02 for a while now, with nintendont on my wii. It has been perfectly fine until recently its started crashing every other game now. i didnt change any of the settings or anything. My only guess is that i used my friends 20xx TE memory card at one point in my wii. but it is no longer there and ever since then its been freezing

townes

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm Ippo and I am having a weird issue putting 20XX on my Wii. I followed Hectohertz guide to the T, and everything about the steps seems to have worked. However when I get to the last step and go to DiosMioBooter, there is no 20XX ISO to click on to start the game. I am supposed to have 2 options: Boot Disc in DVD Drive and launch 20X, but the only option I have is Boot Disc in DVD Drive. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong here. I need 20XX in my life. I'm going to locals and Genesis in January and I need the 20XX random DI random tec feature to practice some super important things. Please help melee homies.

-Stavo-

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm Ippo and I am having a weird issue putting 20XX on my Wii. I followed Hectohertz guide to the T, and everything about the steps seems to have worked. However when I get to the last step and go to DiosMioBooter, there is no 20XX ISO to click on to start the game. I am supposed to have 2 options: Boot Disc in DVD Drive and launch 20X, but the only option I have is Boot Disc in DVD Drive. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong here. I need 20XX in my life. I'm going to locals and Genesis in January and I need the 20XX random DI random tec feature to practice some super important things. Please help melee homies.
1. Is Boot Disc to DVD Drive the only thing you see?
2. Have you used a Hex Editor to change the game code on the 20XX iso?
3. Have you tested the iso on dolphin at all to see if it was good?
4. is it under the correct directory in the SD card?
These are only possible explanations for the reason it isn't showing but you taught me how to waveshine so I want to help you resolve this lol

townes

Smash Apprentice
1. Is Boot Disc to DVD Drive the only thing you see?
2. Have you used a Hex Editor to change the game code on the 20XX iso?
3. Have you tested the iso on dolphin at all to see if it was good?
4. is it under the correct directory in the SD card?
These are only possible explanations for the reason it isn't showing but you taught me how to waveshine so I want to help you resolve this lol
I did not use a Hex Editor because the Hectohertz guide in the OP didn't say to use that. I do not have dolphin. I don't know what you mean by correct directory in the SD Card. It is in the games folder like the guide instructed. May your waveshines be infinite.

ProDevin

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to get Lightning Mode back onto the 4.0 Hack Pack, or is there going to be a feature on the full update where we can enable/disable custom special modes?
(If you're wondering why I want to use Lightning Mode, I wanted to go faster if you know what I'm saying. :4sonic:)

-Stavo-

Smash Rookie
I did not use a Hex Editor because the Hectohertz guide in the OP didn't say to use that. I do not have dolphin. I don't know what you mean by correct directory in the SD Card. It is in the games folder like the guide instructed. May your waveshines be infinite.
Could you possibly give me a link to the hectohertz op?

-Stavo-

Smash Rookie
It's on page 1 of this thread. In the first couple paragraphs he has links to helpful guides.
ok that looks super convoluted but i saw that he doesnt mention that you need to use the diosmios tool box.. he might have said something about it but it doesnt seem as tho he has.. in your games folder, is it the 20xx iso or a folder that says GALE01.. it should be the folder with GALE01
Edit: and since youve gotten as far as to have diosmios boot up and all, that should be your final step

Last edited:

townes

Smash Apprentice
On my SD card, my games folder has GALE01 in it, and inside that is the ISO and some other stuff. That should be the final step, but I may just be cursed. The world isn't ready for my reaction tech chase game. So the 20XX fox gods smote my system with shine power.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
does anyone else using 3.02 have a problem with the cpus teching in place? my cpu fox and falco tech in place about 10% of the time (probably a bit lower) and it makes it extremely hard to practice tech chasing

D

Deleted member 269706

On my SD card, my games folder has GALE01 in it, and inside that is the ISO and some other stuff. That should be the final step, but I may just be cursed. The world isn't ready for my reaction tech chase game. So the 20XX fox gods smote my system with shine power.
What app are you using to run 20XX? If you're using Nintendont, make sure your ISO is named game.iso in the GALE01 folder. If you're using Dios Mios or a USB loader I'm not entirely sure what you're supposed to do.

townes

Smash Apprentice
does anyone else using 3.02 have a problem with the cpus teching in place? my cpu fox and falco tech in place about 10% of the time (probably a bit lower) and it makes it extremely hard to practice tech chasing
Back in the good old days when I had 20XX (your version) before the meteor hit and wiped out my wii and all my smash gainz, I also had that problem. When I was tech chasing falcon w/ sheik, he would always tech in place. But I figured out the problem. I always do the appropriate amount of pummels before I dthrow in that situation, so I experimented with never pummeling. When I didn't pummel, falcon would randomly tech in place, left right, or no tech(although in that version, he would almost always getup attack after no tech.) So try not pummeling before you throw. I'm assuming you're throwing. If not, rip. Join the club of sad dejected broken 20XX busters.

townes

Smash Apprentice
What app are you using to run 20XX? If you're using Nintendont, make sure your ISO is named game.iso in the GALE01 folder. If you're using Dios Mios or a USB loader I'm not entirely sure what you're supposed to do.
I'm not using nintendont, and both the file and folder are labeled correctly.

Top Bottom