• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

poshVS

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
POSH#0
Hi all!

For those trying to add custom music from 4.06 into 5.0, I've been working to find the easiest solution with no luck yet, but I feel like I'm close to getting it to work:

Yeah, adding new songs is indeed tedious. So partly to help me work on 20XX, I wrote a new program to do it. It's not quite ready for release yet though, so you'll have to wait a little bit. :p In the meantime, you can refer to this older manual method (which isn't too bad, especially considering you can use DTW's "Add File(s) to Disc" feature to avoid manually rebuilding the disc). And/or you could give this program a try. Either way though, you'll need to propagate your changes to all of the CSS files, if you want to use them.
For 4.06 and before, I had been using the program DRGN linked (20XX Music Manager) just fine for the past few years, but trying to bust open the 5.0 ISO with it causes it to immediately crash. I suspect it's because the program doesn't support there being multiple MnSlChr.#sd files? Either way, haven't been able to get it to work. The older manual method mentioned is what I've been trying to work through, but I haven't been able to figure out which MnSlChr.#sd files I'm supposed to make changes to, let alone which addresses in memory I'm supposed to change.

You can also check out the 20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool. It worked for 4.0.7 and I'm pretty sure it should still work for 5.0. Just rename the MnSlChr.#sd to MnSlChr.usd and run the program for each numbered usd file. Then you use DTW to add the new numbered usd files and renamed HPS files to your iso.
I could be following these instructions incorrectly? But I tried this method as follows:
  1. Copied MnSlChr.0sd into the injection tool folder and renamed it to MnSlChr.usd
  2. Gathered my HPS files from my old 4.06 ISO into the /HPS/ folder here and ran the autoinject.bat script from offset CF
  3. Renamed the file back to MnSlChr.0sd and replaced it with the old version in the 5.0 root
  4. Repeated this for the other 3 MnSlChr.#sd files
  5. Added the new HPS files into the audio folder
  6. Rebuilt the ISO (got a warning about going oversize, only added 4 new songs though)
Running the newly built ISO in Dolphin just left me with a black screen, so either I'm doing something wrong or there's a different method here I need to try. In any case, the file structure of 5.0 and my limited experience with this stuff has me at a loss on how to get my custom tracks into the new version. I've joined DRGN's Patreon hoping to catch the drop of that new music adding program they mentioned, but until it's released I'm not sure how else to make it happen. Hoping someone could shed some light on this? Would love to add my music to 5.0 before Genesis 8 if possible.

Big thanks to Achilles, DRGN, and everyone else that's contributed to the 20XX Hack Pack thus far! We're blessed to have such amazing mods and features packed into one game.

Last edited:

BXBX

Smash Cadet
Technically, 20XX doesn't actually use Gecko codes at all. :p It's just assembly. Anyway, some of the codes could be applied to vanilla NTSC 1.02 directly, but others are tied to the Debug Menu and/or other codes as part of a larger system. So it depends. The Rainbow FD code, for example, is contingent on a flag that's set by the Debug Menu to turn it on or off, as well as the stage filename being loaded, so as to not apply to specific stage skins (the code only applies alongside FD file extensions below .8at). The current game mode is also checked, so the code doesn't run for Classic, Adventure, and All-Star modes. However, Achilles posted a reduced version of this code here on the boards as well, as a Gecko code, which I just found with a site search. It doesn't have most of those extra checks. Also, for anyone who knows how to edit/write ASM, the source code for many of the codes is in Achilles' scratchpad or the Source Codes folder.

The C-Stick in develop mode code is also a little different from the normal one. You can find a variation of it and other codes for vanilla Melee here.
I actually saw that code before I posted here :) and that's why I was hopeful that the other mods had vanilla alternatives. Now I know that's not likely to happen.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Smash Rookie
Seems like there's a mistake on Falco's CSS color previews. The USA skin from 4.07 appears in the photo but when you select it it's a completely different costume. Anyone caught that yet?

On that note I miss the USA skin :(

Last edited:

Samuch

Smash Cadet
In 3.02 you could press L+R+D-Pad Right and it would freeze P2 and and then when hit P2 would repeat the attack and freeze in the same spot. Is this possible in 5.0?

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
I noticed that the UCF version indicator that's usually located on top of the CSS is missing, I double checked and UCF v0.8 is enabled (confirmed it works in-game), but the visual indicator isn't there. Can you fix this so it correctly displays on top of CSS whenever it's enabled?
missingucf0.8.jpg

Last edited:

BXBX

Smash Cadet
Is there really no 20XX toggle for changing the opponent's percent? I thought it would be a top requested feature something like B + up to increase % and B + down to decrease %. AFAIK UnclePunch's Training Mode has a feature like that, but I am not sure how to import it to 20XX. I tried using MCM to transfer 20XX mods to a TM iso, but I got an error when trying to run the game.

Also, what's the fastest way to reset the stale move queue in VS mode? A quick option for that would be cool too.

2CO

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
CO#349
Not sure if this is known, but I noticed a strange glitch where L-cancels won't register in recordings if I light press L instead of full press. Not sure if this is always the case or only when you go frame by frame, as I encountered it in a frame by frame recording.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Hey all, I'll be going to Genesis with a small update to this. Look for me and you can help me playtest! You'll probably find me playing at a setup installed into a big black suitcase.

Hi all!

For those trying to add custom music from 4.06 into 5.0, I've been working to find the easiest solution with no luck yet, but I feel like I'm close to getting it to work:

For 4.06 and before, I had been using the program DRGN linked (20XX Music Manager) just fine for the past few years, but trying to bust open the 5.0 ISO with it causes it to immediately crash. I suspect it's because the program doesn't support there being multiple MnSlChr.#sd files? Either way, haven't been able to get it to work. The older manual method mentioned is what I've been trying to work through, but I haven't been able to figure out which MnSlChr.#sd files I'm supposed to make changes to, let alone which addresses in memory I'm supposed to change.

I could be following these instructions incorrectly? But I tried this method as follows:
  1. Copied MnSlChr.0sd into the injection tool folder and renamed it to MnSlChr.usd
  2. Gathered my HPS files from my old 4.06 ISO into the /HPS/ folder here and ran the autoinject.bat script from offset CF
  3. Renamed the file back to MnSlChr.0sd and replaced it with the old version in the 5.0 root
  4. Repeated this for the other 3 MnSlChr.#sd files
  5. Added the new HPS files into the audio folder
  6. Rebuilt the ISO (got a warning about going oversize, only added 4 new songs though)
Running the newly built ISO in Dolphin just left me with a black screen, so either I'm doing something wrong or there's a different method here I need to try. In any case, the file structure of 5.0 and my limited experience with this stuff has me at a loss on how to get my custom tracks into the new version. I've joined DRGN's Patreon hoping to catch the drop of that new music adding program they mentioned, but until it's released I'm not sure how else to make it happen. Hoping someone could shed some light on this? Would love to add my music to 5.0 before Genesis 8 if possible.

Big thanks to Achilles, DRGN, and everyone else that's contributed to the 20XX Hack Pack thus far! We're blessed to have such amazing mods and features packed into one game.
Did you have success with the new program? I haven't heard back from anyone on it yet regarding music.

Seems like there's a mistake on Falco's CSS color previews. The USA skin from 4.07 appears in the photo but when you select it it's a completely different costume. Anyone caught that yet?

On that note I miss the USA skin :(
Thanks. I'll have a fix for that that I think you'll like in the next update. Also, keep in mind it's really easy to swap out costumes. Just download DAT Texture Wizard, open your 20XX disc in it, go to the Characters folders (or click on the Characters quick-links at the top) and find the one you want to swap. Then just click on it, hit Import, select the new costume file you've downloaded and hit Save in the File menu (or press CTRL-S). If you want to check what's currently installed, you can double-click on a file in the disc to view the textures within it, which should allow you to figure it out pretty quickly.

Is there really no 20XX toggle for changing the opponent's percent? I thought it would be a top requested feature something like B + up to increase % and B + down to decrease %. AFAIK UnclePunch's Training Mode has a feature like that, but I am not sure how to import it to 20XX. I tried using MCM to transfer 20XX mods to a TM iso, but I got an error when trying to run the game.

Also, what's the fastest way to reset the stale move queue in VS mode? A quick option for that would be cool too.
In 3.02 you could press L+R+D-Pad Right and it would freeze P2 and and then when hit P2 would repeat the attack and freeze in the same spot. Is this possible in 5.0?
I believe these features are all still in. You might want to check out the guides here and here. There are also some infographics in the Debug Menu, and also here.

I noticed that the UCF version indicator that's usually located on top of the CSS is missing, I double checked and UCF v0.8 is enabled (confirmed it works in-game), but the visual indicator isn't there. Can you fix this so it correctly displays on top of CSS whenever it's enabled?View attachment 341403
This isn't a bug, I just didn't add the code to do that. The justification for displaying a piece of information on the CSS needs to be really high, or else it would quickly become cluttered. There are other major features that may be on or off as well (like whether Wobbling is allowed, or what the hitstun behavior is set to) that can be a huge deal for gameplay, yet those features' status are also not displayed on the CSS. Arguably, some of those are even more important to be shown than UCF. So it's a conscious decision to treat all major features the same and just keep ALL of them off the CSS. You can still check whether UCF (or one of the other major settings I mentioned) is turned on by going to the Debug Menu:
1649980783156.png

Not sure if this is known, but I noticed a strange glitch where L-cancels won't register in recordings if I light press L instead of full press. Not sure if this is always the case or only when you go frame by frame, as I encountered it in a frame by frame recording.
I didn't know. Thanks. (I don't use the replay feature much.) I'll try to look into this at some point.

Last edited:

BXBX

Smash Cadet
I believe these features are all still in. You might want to check out the guides here and here. There are also so infographics in the Debug Menu, and also here.
I've watched those videos before and I don't think they showed a way to set the CPU to a specific % (maybe I missed it since they are quite long). Usually they hit the opponent with a weak hit to the desired % then create a save state.

EDIT: So I found this neat code from Achilles's thread that uses D-pad up/down to do +/- 10% and D-pad right/left to do +/- 1%. Anyone know how to tweak the code to make it an X+D-pad combo so it doesn't interfere with save states and 20XX menu? Also, the code changes the damage for all players. It would be nice if it only changes the percent of the player being controlled.

$D-Pad Controls Damage [InternetExplorer]
C206D1EC 0000001E
3DE08047 61EF9C3F
8A0F0000 2C100000
41A200D8 3E60805A
62737000 3A400000
2C100001 4082000C
3E40FFFF 3E80BF80
2C100002 4082000C
3E400001 3E803F80
2C100004 4082000C
3E40FFF6 3E80C120
2C100008 4082000C
3E40000A 3E804120
92530000 92930008
3E000000 9A0F0000
3E200000 3DE08045
61EF30E0 820F0000
7E109214 2C100000
40800008 3A000000
920F0000 39EF0E90
3A310001 2C110004
4180FFDC 3DE080BD
61EFA4A0 81EF0000
3E000000 C0130008
C02F1890 EC21002A
C0130004 FC010000
4080000C D00F1890
48000008 D02F1890
81EF0008 2C0F0000
41820008 4BFFFFCC
7C0802A6 00000000

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
A new patch has been released!

v5.0.1:

- Changes to the Random Stage Select Screen:​
- Fixed per-page random stage selection settings for pages 2-4​
- Now shows actual stage names for the current page​
- Now shows the current page number in the top-right​
- The game now saves when transitioning from the Debug Menu to the CSS​
- SD Remix updated to version 5.1​
- SDR Falcon's "Shinesplosion" moved from SDR Falcon variant to the Debug Menu*​
- SD Remix Bowser down-throw fixed​
- The option "Display Time at Top Right of CSS" is now saved to the memory card​
- Alt. character icons (Sheik, Giga Bowser, etc.) fixed on the "4.07-Style" CSSs​
- Fixed the version number displayed on the 4.07-Style CSSs (still said 4.07++)​
- Fixed music volume reduction code not reducing volume when volume set very low​
- Fixed various stage variation selection codes on the 2nd stage select screen​
- Fixed texture rendering problems for Great Plateau Tower on console​
- Fixed texture rendering problems for Mirror Chamber on console​
- Falco right alt. costume changed to the 'Murican Eagle costume​
- Flipper life/duration increased from 8 seconds to 1 minute**​
- Metal Box effect duration increased from 10s to 30s​
- Fixed Linux build script (with help from phonos and Mage)​

* This was not meant to be part of SD Remix, so it's no longer part of the SDR variant (when pressing D-pad left on the CSS). Instead, it's now available in the Debug Menu under "Character Codes". It can be toggled ON for any of the standard NTSC, PAL, or SDR Falcon variations.
** Don't look at me like that... Some people like items! I never understood why the timeout was so low on these.

Download link in the OP.

Last edited:

Akaanonymous

Smash Rookie
I've followed the instructions in the archive to a T, but I can't get this to work on a GCLoader. It gets to the interlacing menu and crashes. Does this mod work on GameCube hardware?

Last edited:

DNFonty

Smash Rookie
Just wondering what the function of Slippi Extract is for, Ive searched and cant seem to find anything pertaining that.

UniClown

Smash Rookie
Newest update freezes. To reproduce:

1. Delete all save data
2. Start game (agree to create memory card data)
3. Open up debug menu
4. Immediately close debug menu
5. Start game time=none game and it will freeze as the stage select opens up

Using latest Slippi v2.4.0. Worked fine with 5.0.0.

DNFonty

Smash Rookie
Newest update freezes. To reproduce:

1. Delete all save data
2. Start game (agree to create memory card data)
3. Open up debug menu
4. Immediately close debug menu
5. Start game time=none game and it will freeze as the stage select opens up

Using latest Slippi v2.4.0. Worked fine with 5.0.0.
This happens to me everytime I get a save after changing something on DEBUG. The way I bypass it is get a save from changing something or going to The Splash Screen to trigger another save. Same situation, never happened on 5.0, but on 5.01 its doing it.

Last edited:

MISKEEN

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to set up replays on console with this build? I'd love the chance to back up gameplay replays to the external HDD I've attached to my Wii. Literally play this build every day on LAN, such awesome work

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I have a fix for the SSS crash after using the Debug Menu. It's a problem with a new code I added in the last patch for saving the game on the CSS screen after transitioning from the Debug Menu. So you just need to remove the code or replace it with this fixed version:

Save When Transitioning from Debug Menu to CSS (v1.1)
[DRGN]
Revision ---- DOL Offset ---- Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code -
NTSC 1.02 --- 0x801a4fa4 ---- 80790000 -> Branch

3C608047 60639D30
80830030 2C040002
40A20044 88830002
2C040006 40A20038
A0830000 2C040202
40A2002C 88830003
2C040000 40A20020
88830004 2C040000
40A20014 3C608043
60633324 38800001
90830000 80790000

You can do this using MCM and the 20XX code library found here (scroll down to the "Usage" section for directions).

Thank you, UniClown UniClown , D DNFonty , and a few others for pointing out the bug.

I've followed the instructions in the archive to a T, but I can't get this to work on a GCLoader. It gets to the interlacing menu and crashes. Does this mod work on GameCube hardware?
Yes, it works on hardware. Make sure you don't have Gecko codes or other cheats enabled, which could conflict with the codes in 20XX.

Just wondering what the function of Slippi Extract is for, Ive searched and cant seem to find anything pertaining that.
It's an old method for exporting data during a match in real-time (for example for game stats/progress for streams or tournament progress), via the GC/Wii's memory card slots. This was part of the Hardware Enhanced Melee project. The code is pretty old (and not even up to date with the old code in that GitHub). I'll probably remove it in a future update, as probably no one uses it anymore.

Is there anyway to set up replays on console with this build? I'd love the chance to back up gameplay replays to the external HDD I've attached to my Wii. Literally play this build every day on LAN, such awesome work
Yeah, it could be done, but I'd need to do a little work to prepare for adding some Slippi recording codes (essentially replacing the Slippi Stats Extract codes mentioned above).

Last edited:

DNFonty

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the code! works perfectly for me! Cant wait for the next updates! Ive been playing between this and m-ex, but I keep coming back to this because of all the features! Hopefully one day they will mesh for those sick skins.

yungeode333

Smash Rookie
Getting the following error whenever I try to play. I am on mac M2 Running Dolphin 5.0-17269. This error happens with 20xx 5.0 and 5.01
Please help

SSBM 20X% HP
v5.0.0
DbLevel
Environment
Date
10/14/2022
Time
Emulator
14:24.22
Press
L+R+A+Start
to
restart
assertion "vertex_buffer-size›= shape_set-›nb_vertex_index" failed in pobj.c on line 1407
Press
X

for
Master
Sound
Test
STACK
=------I
Address
Back
804EE750:
J-J-J-J0101000 00 CO
DAAAMMODOsI
70B6
1910A0
804EEgC&
804EEA28
804EEA88
804EEAAOI
804EEADO:
804EEAE8:
B8 dEERG:
801A40F

Lexaraj

Smash Rookie
I'm curious if there is a way to make custom music playlists for specific custom stages. I found where you can change the song playlist for the individual stock stages in the Debug menu but I didn't notice any way to change the custom stage music.

Am I missing the option or can you not change the custom stage playlist on an individual basis?

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Getting the following error whenever I try to play. I am on mac M2 Running Dolphin 5.0-17269. This error happens with 20xx 5.0 and 5.01
Have you tried using different Dolphin releases? like base 5.0 without updates?

Hey DRGN DRGN I noticed that the "Disable Tap Jump" toggle, when enabled, it will not disable aerial tap jump for Kirby/Jigglypuff when they are airborne, is this intended to preserve their auto meteor cancel ability or was an oversight?

In Hax$'s Melee 1.03, disabling Tap Jump completely disables tap jump for all characters including Kirby and Jigglypuff even if they are airborne, so there can be another option to toggle between ON/OFF/All characters but Kirby/Jigglypuff as certain players don't really want to waste their jumps even if that means they have to time properly X/Y for meteor cancelling purposes.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Have you tried using different Dolphin releases? like base 5.0 without updates?

Hey DRGN DRGN I noticed that the "Disable Tap Jump" toggle, when enabled, it will not disable aerial tap jump for Kirby/Jigglypuff when they are airborne, is this intended to preserve their auto meteor cancel ability or was an oversight?

In Hax$'s Melee 1.03, disabling Tap Jump completely disables tap jump for all characters including Kirby and Jigglypuff even if they are airborne, so there can be another option to toggle between ON/OFF/All characters but Kirby/Jigglypuff as certain players don't really want to waste their jumps even if that means they have to time properly X/Y for meteor cancelling purposes.
I'm not sure if it's an oversight, since Achilles added that code and I never talked to him about it. But yeah, I may look into that once I've got more bugs out of the way.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
This might be the biggest ask ever but I've always been curious: Would it be possible to add a 3rd custom texture slot for characters from the CSS? Maybe you'd press the Z button to access the 3rd slot lol. I've been creating/adding skins to my 20XX ISO for years and would love more headroom. Or would the extra skins pretty much guarantee that the file size would be too big?

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Just FYI, a small update will soon be on its way to a forum near you!

This might be the biggest ask ever but I've always been curious: Would it be possible to add a 3rd custom texture slot for characters from the CSS? Maybe you'd press the Z button to access the 3rd slot lol. I've been creating/adding skins to my 20XX ISO for years and would love more headroom. Or would the extra skins pretty much guarantee that the file size would be too big?
Pretty much. There are currently 3 sets of costumes; the default costumes, Left alts, and Right alts. This adds up to ~370 files and ~150 MB. So adding another set would require about 50 MB. There's currently about 11 MB of free space left, lol. However, most of the disc space is actually custom music (at 777.85 MB!). So one could remove a bunch of that if they wanted.

The easiest thing to do would be to just replace the default costumes with new custom ones if you haven't already. Otherwise, besides the issue of freeing space and integrating a new code to perform the swap, you'd need to come up with a new design for the CSPs to represent them (and make a lot of them) if you care about seeing what you're selecting.

UniClown

Smash Rookie
I found a bug where Magus's physics display stops updating for Zelda/Sheik after you transform. The display only updates for the character you started the game with (ie. Zelda unless you held A). It resumes updating once you transform back. Does not affect certain fields like controller inputs. It's a pretty minor bug, so I would understand if you wouldn't bother fixing haha.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
New update; v5.0.2!

Downloads can be found in the OP or the GitHub repo releases.

This one has a lot of small fixes (and a few major ones; the SSS crash and making SDR Samus playable on console), but a few took a surprising amount of work. I needed to learn all about a few new processes, including model export/editing/import, subAction event editing, and the file structures for character actions and subActions. And between work and family, I've had a hard time finding free time to work on this, so this update took much longer than expected. I've simultaneously been slowly making improvements to the MMW, integrating some of this new knowledge. When you design software that you also regularly use, it helps a lot in figuring out how to build a good user experience and optimize workflows for the user. I really look forward to the potential the program has, but I also plan to devote some time to the decomp project again soon, so it'll still be a little while before I'm comfortable with a 1.0 MMW release (though you can still try out the beta, if you want, by downloading the GitHub repo).

I believe there are still some problems with a few SDR characters when playing on console (emulator should be fine), such as with Ness up-B, iirc. But I should be able to fix those in the future easier now, after having looked into Samus.

Anyway...

Changes from v5.0.1:

- Fixed a bug causing a crash on SSS after using the Debug Menu w/memory card​
- Added a "Freeze Pokemon Stadium" option to the Debug Menu​
- The Pokemon Stadium fixed-transformation stages now work with any Stadium skin*​
- The Custom Platform Battlefield stages now work with other Battlefield skins*​
- Updated SDR Infographic to show correct SDR version (5.1)​
- Reduced the delay after selecting Progressive Scan on boot by half​
- Random Stage Select Screen now populates correctly if accessing it from the CSS​
- Fixed Samus' grab/zair crashing on console​
- Fixed the Yoshi's Surf stage crashing on console​
- Fixed Animelee Stadium's platforms ignoring transformations (Thanks, Primal!)​
- Fixed Beach Dreamland 64 (previously only appeared in the Debug Menu)​
- Falco's blue CSP (& trim colors) updated to match his blue left alt costume​
- Fixed the "Animations" sub-menu headline in the Debug Menu​
- Removed some unused files (GmTitle.dat & GmTitle.usd)​

*Previously, certain random neutral stages were not compatible with the Custom
Battlefield Platforms stage variations or the Pokemon Stadium fixed-transformation
stages, so you would need to select the Default skin (or a similar one) for those
stages to use those features. This could cause a crash if Custom Battlefield 1/2/3 was
selected with the wrong skin, or cause fixed-form Stadiums to be stuck in the base form.

why doesn't the 20XX website have the training pack on their site?
Although the 20XX Hack Pack and 20XX Tournament Edition were developed somewhat in tandem, they're separate projects. Really, that would be a question for Dan Salvato, as to why it wasn't at least mentioned, but he doesn't come around these parts anymore.

I found a bug where Magus's physics display stops updating for Zelda/Sheik after you transform. The display only updates for the character you started the game with (ie. Zelda unless you held A). It resumes updating once you transform back. Does not affect certain fields like controller inputs. It's a pretty minor bug, so I would understand if you wouldn't bother fixing haha.

Thanks. I'll add it to the todo list. There are a few other things I should really address first if I start work on another update, but I might get to this at some point.

MISKEEN

Smash Rookie
excited to give this a try! this is my go to on console :)

Thanks for all the effort on this

RadicalDan

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone super dope hack y'all made, I applied the patch and everything works fine, except there are no hit detections/animations. ex. Pikachu doesn't have spark animation, mewtwo doesn't show his purple hits etc. Does anyone know how to fix?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I noticed the toggle for Rivals-style wavedashing doesn't seem to have any effect, however all SDR characters have it on by default regardless of what the toggle is set to.

Dialectix

Smash Rookie
Please help
Hi all, I seem to be getting the same (or a very similar error) as this user mentioned. 20XX throws the same error message ('assertion "vertex_buffer_size >= shape_set->nb_vertex_index" failed in pobj.c on line 1407') whenever I go to stage select screen. I've tried with 20XX version 5 and 5.02, and just tried running Dolphin v5.0 but (instead of the above error) got an instant crash on opening any rom instead (this is probably a dolphin issue but I've run out of time to test further and thought I'd post anyway). I've also tried disabling dual core and fiddling with EFB settings, none of which changed the symptoms at all. I'm running on a macbook pro 2017.

Any advice appreciated!

NinTOONdo

Smash Rookie
Premium
20XX is such an amazing mod, but I am experiencing a few problems with it:

1: various parts of the Debug Menu appear to have cropped text, and no matter how much I change the aspect-ratio, whether it be by AR/Gecko Codes or with 20XX's Widescreen Settings, even when I use my laptop's mouse on Dolphin to rotate the emulator's 3D-ish camera, all of that still doesn't work because my 20XX Debug Menu's text remains cropped anyway.

2: I am somewhy unable to select 20XX when using MexTool. As a result, I cannot add The Akaneia Build's exclusive additional palette-swaps for each fighter, and although I could just use them to replace some of the L/R alts, I currently don't know if they have number-IDs for their costume-slots, which is required for me to encode Players 5 & 6.

3: When I removed usa.ini from 20XX through DAT Texture Wizard, 20XX refused to start the game when turned on afterwards. But luckily, I did save it as a back-up disc so that way I don't lose access to 20XX instead of having to take so many precise steps to redownload it. A similar problem applied when I individually tried using both DAT Texture Wizard and Melee Code Manager (through separate attempts) to add the 4th digit of damage-percentage display/HUD. The reason I wanted to play 20XX without usa.ini is because I really love the Seal Topis and prefer them over their Yeti versions by a mile.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
20XX is such an amazing mod, but I am experiencing a few problems with it:

1: various parts of the Debug Menu appear to have cropped text, and no matter how much I change the aspect-ratio, whether it be by AR/Gecko Codes or with 20XX's Widescreen Settings, even when I use my laptop's mouse on Dolphin to rotate the emulator's 3D-ish camera, all of that still doesn't work because my 20XX Debug Menu's text remains cropped anyway.

2: I am somewhy unable to select 20XX when using MexTool. As a result, I cannot add The Akaneia Build's exclusive additional palette-swaps for each fighter, and although I could just use them to replace some of the L/R alts, I currently don't know if they have number-IDs for their costume-slots, which is required for me to encode Players 5 & 6.

3: When I removed usa.ini from 20XX through DAT Texture Wizard, 20XX refused to start the game when turned on afterwards. But luckily, I did save it as a back-up disc so that way I don't lose access to 20XX instead of having to take so many precise steps to redownload it. A similar problem applied when I individually tried using both DAT Texture Wizard and Melee Code Manager (through separate attempts) to add the 4th digit of damage-percentage display/HUD. The reason I wanted to play 20XX without usa.ini is because I really love the Seal Topis and prefer them over their Yeti versions by a mile.
The code in 20XX can't run at the same time as code from other large mods, such as m-ex. Expecting other Gecko codes to be compatible would also be pretty hit-or-miss. The problem usually comes when more than one mod tries to make changes to the same place in the game's code, which results in one mod breaking the other (and the game's normal execution flow at the same time).

I'm not sure why your Debug Menu is cropped. My best guess is that it's some combination of settings in Dolphin. In the Graphics window, I'd double-check and experiment in the General and Enhancement tabs. You could also try resetting your Dolphin settings to default by removing or renaming the User Directory.

As for the Topis... you could perhaps ask in the Melee Workshop Discord if someone knows of a code to make that swap, or if someone might want to make it. A code could be made to only affect the spawning of those enemies rather than changing the language of the game.

I noticed the toggle for Rivals-style wavedashing doesn't seem to have any effect, however all SDR characters have it on by default regardless of what the toggle is set to.
I'll put it on my todo list to look into it!

Hey everyone super dope hack y'all made, I applied the patch and everything works fine, except there are no hit detections/animations. ex. Pikachu doesn't have spark animation, mewtwo doesn't show his purple hits etc. Does anyone know how to fix?
Hi all, I seem to be getting the same (or a very similar error) as this user mentioned. 20XX throws the same error message ('assertion "vertex_buffer_size >= shape_set->nb_vertex_index" failed in pobj.c on line 1407') whenever I go to stage select screen. I've tried with 20XX version 5 and 5.02, and just tried running Dolphin v5.0 but (instead of the above error) got an instant crash on opening any rom instead (this is probably a dolphin issue but I've run out of time to test further and thought I'd post anyway). I've also tried disabling dual core and fiddling with EFB settings, none of which changed the symptoms at all. I'm running on a macbook pro 2017.

Any advice appreciated!
Make sure you don't have other Gecko codes enabled. These can break 20XX's code due to the reason I mentioned above.

Top Bottom