• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
There's a rumor that the next 20XX HP version will have the latest UCF. But idk, can you really trust rumors?
I must have mixed it up with 20XXTE then, sorry for the confusion.

Also, will 20XX even have a next version?

Internal Frickface

Smash Cadet
i'm playing v4.07 on wii using dios mios

it worked very nice the first time, but now whenever i play, characters randomly just disappear whenever you hit them with an attack
anything i can do to fix this?

BrassMonkey

Smash Cadet
Also, will 20XX even have a next version?
I would be giddy for a new version of 20XX thats slippi compatible.

Unless I'm playing unranked, most of my time is spent in 20XX since it has tons of cool features lacking from vanilla, training mode, and even mextool.
Extra costume slots via triggers, D-Pad changes movesets, the AI no one has been able to replicate or duplicate.

Another reason I like 20XX is that it just works when it comes to modifying it. Mextool is still "in development" which has lead to lots of bugs and kinks when modifying melee.

Also on the off chance 20XX guy is reading this, please make a 20XX version with the animated blue space CSS. Thanks for imo the best version of melee to date. ❤

DRGN

Technowizard
Quick hotfix...

It was brought to my attention that the alt character icons (Sheik, Giga Bowser, etc.) on the 4.07-Style CSSs got corrupted at some point. The version texture on these also got reverted to the old 4.07 texture (copy & pasting some data I shouldn't have).

These files fix the issues:

Alt. Icons Fix

Just unzip this and import the two files within over their respective files in the 20XX iso. (You don't need to rename them.)

I would be giddy for a new version of 20XX thats slippi compatible.

Unless I'm playing unranked, most of my time is spent in 20XX since it has tons of cool features lacking from vanilla, training mode, and even mextool.
Extra costume slots via triggers, D-Pad changes movesets, the AI no one has been able to replicate or duplicate.

Another reason I like 20XX is that it just works when it comes to modifying it. Mextool is still "in development" which has lead to lots of bugs and kinks when modifying melee.

Also on the off chance 20XX guy is reading this, please make a 20XX version with the animated blue space CSS. Thanks for imo the best version of melee to date. ❤
This would be difficult, at the moment. 20XX stores a lot of extra data in the "tail data" of the CSS files (this is just what I call data that comes after the normal end of a file, after the string table). It relies on each piece of data to be at specific locations in RAM during runtime. This means that it can't be moved without other edits in codes and file structures. So one of the problems with the Blue Space CSS is that it's larger than a normal CSS file, and would thus overlap with 20XX's tail data. Plus it has different offsets for its character icons and CSPs, so the code for alternate icon switching would need to have special cases for that specific screen as well.

I started moving some of the tail data out of there in this update, but I didn't want to be too aggressive with it because it's hard to be sure when I've found all pointers or code references to a specific piece of data. I also started mapping the area, here. If I make more updates, I'll slowly whittle away at this.

i'm playing v4.07 on wii using dios mios

it worked very nice the first time, but now whenever i play, characters randomly just disappear whenever you hit them with an attack
anything i can do to fix this?
Make sure you don't have other cheat/Gecko codes enabled.

im issues wit the debug menu, i cant see it at all when i try to open it
You could try a different graphics backend in Dolphin's Graphics settings. I use OpenGL because it seems to have better per-pixel lighting/shading. Also, make sure other cheat codes are disabled.

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
Awesome update!

Is it possible to use the random stage select for custom stages? I think this was supported in prior versions after changing the stage screen, going back to the CSS, then going into RSS.

Last edited:

R3DFOX

Smash Rookie
Stoked to try this update!

I'm having trouble with the patch file tho. I tried both the 20XX & Vanilla but no luck.

Running on a Mac & using multipatch;
  1. Location of patch file: SSBM, 20XXHP 5.0.0 patch (NTSC 1.02 base).xdelta
  2. Location of file to patch: my NSTC iso - Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA) (En,Ja) (Rev 2).iso (verified the MD5 sum)
  3. Save patched file as: just under 20xx for now
Am I doing something wrong? I keep getting Patching Failed: Decode error: -17710

Anyone know what's up with that? I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Thanks!

Firefox64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Firefox64x
3DS FC
5300-9100-1643
Just downloaded the newest 20XX HP. Everything works except all the menus flicker between 4:3 and widescreen aspect ratio. I had this same issue for SD Remix 3.3.

20XX 4.07 works just fine for me though, has anyone else had this problem?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Is there anyway to easily transfer my custom skins from 4.07++ to 5.0?

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
SUPER excited to see another update to this, my friends and I would always use this hack pack to play the game to this day still. Has there been any changes on how to add custom hps files to the hack pack? It's been many years since I've been REALLY into modding the hack pack and I vividly remember how much of an ordeal it was to add new songs manually due to the naming and the reserving of space and whatnot. I've kept making my own hps files over the years so I've amassed a large number of them so if it's been made any easier to include them in this new release, that would be sick

eddie_ayyy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
EDDIE#74
Samus' grab as SD Remix Samus against either spacie on DL insta-crashes. Running on Nintendont on a Wii.

didn't have time to troubleshoot other scenarios last night. it might just be on my setup too.

also this is cool as hell, thank you! so glad to have UCF native on 20XX

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Genuinely warms my heart, as someone who played a ton of the 20XX HP when I first got into melee, to see some of my skins in the new build <3 Love y'all and appreciate all the work that went into this.

DRGN

Technowizard
Awesome update!

Is it possible to use the random stage select for custom stages? I think this was supported in prior versions after changing the stage screen, going back to the CSS, then going into RSS.
Oh, I'd forgotten to test that feature. That not working is most likely a result of the new code for fast stage select screen transitions. The feature for random stage select for each page should be easy to hook back up if I can find the relevant code.

Stoked to try this update!

I'm having trouble with the patch file tho. I tried both the 20XX & Vanilla but no luck.

Running on a Mac & using multipatch;
  1. Location of patch file: SSBM, 20XXHP 5.0.0 patch (NTSC 1.02 base).xdelta
  2. Location of file to patch: my NSTC iso - Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA) (En,Ja) (Rev 2).iso (verified the MD5 sum)
  3. Save patched file as: just under 20xx for now
Am I doing something wrong? I keep getting Patching Failed: Decode error: -17710

Anyone know what's up with that? I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Thanks!
I don't have a Mac, but you might try looking into MacPorts. Once that's installed, you can use it to install xDelta on mac, and then run the xDelta command
"[ProgramPath]" -d -s "[VanillaDiscPath]" "[PatchFilePath]" "[OutputDiscPath]"

Let me know if that works. I may make an FAQ later and I could include that.

Just downloaded the newest 20XX HP. Everything works except all the menus flicker between 4:3 and widescreen aspect ratio. I had this same issue for SD Remix 3.3.

20XX 4.07 works just fine for me though, has anyone else had this problem?
Make sure other cheat codes are disabled.

Is there anyway to easily transfer my custom skins from 4.07++ to 5.0?
Yeah, using DTW: open your 4.07++ disc, go to Settings and disable "Use Disc Convenience Folders", hold CTRL and click on each costume you want to export (to select multiple files), and click the Export button to save them somewhere. Then open your 5.0 disc and use the "Import Multiple Files" feature. The reason you want to disable Convenience Folders before exporting is so that you get all of the files in one folder (otherwise you would get Captain Falcon files in a "Captain Falcon" folder and DK files in a "DK" folder, etc.) to make the import step easier. You may want to turn it back on when you're done. You can also right-click on the L/R costume files in DTW and find "Generate CSP Trim Colors".

SUPER excited to see another update to this, my friends and I would always use this hack pack to play the game to this day still. Has there been any changes on how to add custom hps files to the hack pack? It's been many years since I've been REALLY into modding the hack pack and I vividly remember how much of an ordeal it was to add new songs manually due to the naming and the reserving of space and whatnot. I've kept making my own hps files over the years so I've amassed a large number of them so if it's been made any easier to include them in this new release, that would be sick
Yeah, adding new songs is indeed tedious. So partly to help me work on 20XX, I wrote a new program to do it. It's not quite ready for release yet though, so you'll have to wait a little bit. :p In the meantime, you can refer to this older manual method (which isn't too bad, especially considering you can use DTW's "Add File(s) to Disc" feature to avoid manually rebuilding the disc). And/or you could give this program a try. Either way though, you'll need to propagate your changes to all of the CSS files, if you want to use them.

Genuinely warms my heart, as someone who played a ton of the 20XX HP when I first got into melee, to see some of my skins in the new build <3 Love y'all and appreciate all the work that went into this.
Well, thank YOU for making awesome skins to include! :)

There were quite a few of your others I considered as well. And despite how many costumes I added in this update, I've actually tried to be conservative; if I'm not sure about a change, I'll just leave the original. But it's been over 4 years since the last update, so there were a ton of new costumes to look through, haha.

It's often tough to decide. Besides the fact that there are so many costumes now, for each new costume I can only really consider it for one or two color slots in 20XX because I try to match the costume color to the color slot (this helps a lot when playing with teams). While some color slots like white or black aren't used in teams, I'll still prioritize matching them if there are good costumes for those colors, but sometimes I use them kind of like a wildcard slot. Since it's no longer a surprise I've been working on this, I was thinking about making any costume changes more public with polls or something. Maybe in the Discord server.

Last edited:

phonos

Smash Rookie
Hello DRGN,

First of all, thanks for all you do, great work, loving the training pack. Very nice to be able to practice wave-shines against an infinite shield.

Just wanna hit you up with a fix for the shell script found in the "Creator (vanilla base)" archive. The test for xdelta3 doesn't work, this diff should be correct.

Code:
$ diff newconvert.sh 20XX-5.0-convert.sh
35,36c35,36
<     if [ ! -n "`command -v $xdelta 2>/dev/null`" ] ; then
<         echo >&2 "xdelta does not appear to be installed. Exiting script."
---
>     if type xdelta >/dev/null 2>&1; then
>         echo >&2 "xdelta does not appear to be installed. Exiting script.\n"
PS: Next time you send out one of these build scripts remember to run dos2unix on it, the script had windows EOL terminators which mess with shell and make it unrunable.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
20XX lives...
97072893_2655600347884902_7694871112684929024_n.jpg

Quick hotfix...

It was brought to my attention that the alt character icons (Sheik, Giga Bowser, etc.) on the 4.07-Style CSSs got corrupted at some point. The version texture on these also got reverted to the old 4.07 texture (copy & pasting some data I shouldn't have).

These files fix the issues:

Alt. Icons Fix

Just unzip this and import the two files within over their respective files in the 20XX iso. (You don't need to rename them.)
Is this hotfix available in the full download as well or does it still need to be implemented manually?

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
In the meantime, you can refer to this older manual method (which isn't too bad, especially considering you can use DTW's "Add File(s) to Disc" feature to avoid manually rebuilding the disc). And/or you could give this program a try.
Ooo thanks for including the links to these, I've misplaced them since I've moved setups and has been a long time since I've used these methods 🙂 well whenever the release of this music program does go out, I'll be on it IMMEDIATELY
And if you ever need someone to test it out a little bit, you knowwww I got a large stash of music to work with to test 👀

DRGN

Technowizard
Hello DRGN,

First of all, thanks for all you do, great work, loving the training pack. Very nice to be able to practice wave-shines against an infinite shield.

Just wanna hit you up with a fix for the shell script found in the "Creator (vanilla base)" archive. The test for xdelta3 doesn't work, this diff should be correct.

Code:
$ diff newconvert.sh 20XX-5.0-convert.sh
35,36c35,36
<     if [ ! -n "`command -v $xdelta 2>/dev/null`" ] ; then
<         echo >&2 "xdelta does not appear to be installed. Exiting script."
---
>     if type xdelta >/dev/null 2>&1; then
>         echo >&2 "xdelta does not appear to be installed. Exiting script.\n"
PS: Next time you send out one of these build scripts remember to run dos2unix on it, the script had windows EOL terminators which mess with shell and make it unrunable.
Oh, thanks! I didn't have a linux system to test it on or a lot of time to make a new one. If you want, you could make a pull request for the changes; I have the files used for the creator packages on the github, here.

20XX lives...
View attachment 338680

Is this hotfix available in the full download as well or does it still need to be implemented manually?
Still needed, unfortunately. Probably until I make a 5.0.1 update to include that along with a few other things.

phonos

Smash Rookie
Oh, thanks! I didn't have a linux system to test it on or a lot of time to make a new one. If you want, you could make a pull request for the changes; I have the files used for the creator packages on the github, here.
All right I got a github for ya, you're good to go with that fix. The acct name is iwakuraSSBM

DRGN

Technowizard
Ooo thanks for including the links to these, I've misplaced them since I've moved setups and has been a long time since I've used these methods 🙂 well whenever the release of this music program does go out, I'll be on it IMMEDIATELY
And if you ever need someone to test it out a little bit, you knowwww I got a large stash of music to work with to test 👀
Well, if you'd like, I do have a special perk I offer to my Patreon subscribers to get early builds of my programs. We have a group conversation here to talk about them and offer suggestions or request features.

All right I got a github for ya, you're good to go with that fix. The acct name is iwakuraSSBM
Sweet, thanks! I merged the pull request. For now I have a link to your post with the fix in the OP, for anyone who wants to build on a Mac. Of course, I'll add it to the downloads for the next patch/update as well.

Daladex

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#1
I would use this new version of 20XX if the menu screens didn't constantly flicker, which didn't happen in 4.07++ even though I'm using the exact same gecko codes and dolphin settings.

I play melee in 21:9 aspect ratio using a gecko code to accommodate my ultrawide monitor, and I haven't had any issues running 4.07++ like this.

Last edited:

R3DFOX

Smash Rookie
I don't have a Mac, but you might try looking into MacPorts. Once that's installed, you can use it to install xDelta on mac, and then run the xDelta command "[ProgramPath]" -d -s "[VanillaDiscPath]" "[PatchFilePath]" "[OutputDiscPath]"

Let me know if that works. I may make an FAQ later and I could include that.
Hey DRGN, thank you for the reply! I installed MacPorts and xDelta, although I'm confused as to what to do next. I'm not very code/tech savvy, I don't understand the line of code there😅 What's the ProgramPath? do I include the quotations and brackets? Ah. I may just cut my losses and wait till I can create the file on a PC. Really got no idea what I'm doing with all this custom code stuff LMAO.

Appreciate you building this and excited to get to try it sometime.

DRGN

Technowizard
I would use this new version of 20XX if the menu screens didn't constantly flicker, which didn't happen in 4.07++ even though I'm using the exact same gecko codes and dolphin settings.

I play melee in 21:9 aspect ratio using a gecko code to accommodate my ultrawide monitor, and I haven't had any issues running 4.07++ like this.
Part of the beauty of this build is that it's more configurable. If you follow the directions on the GitHub repo, you could install everything except for the code related to widescreen. You could then even add your code to the code library if you wanted to, or look up exactly where the existing 20XX widescreen code is in the DOL and modify it in-place (and not use your Gecko code). I can't know for sure if that's what's giving you the problem though since I don't know what Gecko codes you're using (and I didn't change the injection points that the widescreen code uses, so I would think it might be a conflict with something else). I would first try narrowing down to which code exactly is causing a conflict.

Hey DRGN, thank you for the reply! I installed MacPorts and xDelta, although I'm confused as to what to do next. I'm not very code/tech savvy, I don't understand the line of code there😅 What's the ProgramPath? do I include the quotations and brackets? Ah. I may just cut my losses and wait till I can create the file on a PC. Really got no idea what I'm doing with all this custom code stuff LMAO.

Appreciate you building this and excited to get to try it sometime.
And I'm not very familiar with Macs, unfortunately. XD

P phonos submitted a fix for the .sh script to build the disc on Linux/Mac, which you can find here, so I believe he got it working. Download that to replace the one that came in your original download. You should be able to drag-and-drop your vanilla NTSC disc onto that script, and it should build the 20XX ISO.

If that works, you won't need to deal with writing a command yourself, but just in case: by "[ProgramPath]" I meant the path to the xDelta executable. The quotation marks are important (typically only if a space is in the path, but I think it's a good habit to just always include them), but the brackets aren't needed; I was just using them to indicate parts of the command that need to be replaced. Also, if you have all of the files in the same folder, you shouldn't need to use full paths. (Assuming you open the console in that folder. You may want to Google the details on this.) So for example the full command might look like this:
"xdelta3-3.0.11-x86_64.exe" -d -s "Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA) (En,Ja) (Rev 2).iso" "SSBM, 20XXHP 5.0.0 patch (NTSC 1.02 base).xdelta" "20XX.iso"

Last edited:

MISKEEN

Smash Rookie
Loving this!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I was wondering if it was possible to use frozen Pokemon Stadium in 5.0 on console? Is there a toggle for it on Debug? Many thanks again

This is so awesome by the way, been running this nonstop with my family like the old days. Thank you so much for all the work ya'll do.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Loving this!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I was wondering if it was possible to use frozen Pokemon Stadium in 5.0 on console? Is there a toggle for it on Debug? Many thanks again
There's a frozen Pokemon Stadium on page 2 of the stages, the blue pokemon

Coze

20YY Cultist
Does 20xx 5.0 have PD Fix? If I recall correctly you're not supposed to run anything besides vanilla melee w/ slippi nintendont, and it's not mentioned in the post anywhere and I can't find any information with google, I also can't find a PD Fix toggle in the options in-game.

I used Gecko Codes to remove Stadium Transformations, I realize that there's a second stadium w/o transformations but it's not random'd to so it might as well not exist, unsure why there isn't a debug menu option to make that the default stadium.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard

This is so awesome by the way, been running this nonstop with my family like the old days. Thank you so much for all the work ya'll do.
I didn't notice there wasn't a Frozen Stadium option in the Debug Menu. Seems like a good thing to add, so I'll put it on my todo list.

Does 20xx 5.0 have PD Fix? If I recall correctly you're not supposed to run anything besides vanilla melee w/ slippi nintendont, and it's not mentioned in the post anywhere and I can't find any information with google, I also can't find a PD Fix toggle in the options in-game.

I used Gecko Codes to remove Stadium Transformations, I realize that there's a second stadium w/o transformations but it's not random'd to so it might as well not exist, unsure why there isn't a debug menu option to make that the default stadium.
Yes, the Polling Drift Fix is included in the Half-Frame Lag Reduction code, which I did add, but it can only be enabled if you're playing on console and progressive scan mode is available. (If you're not using progressive scan, you're probably using composite video on a CRT, in which case there's no need for the code.) Hold B on bootup to get the progressive scan mode prompt, and if you enable that, you'll then get a prompt asking if you're using HDMI. If you select 'Yes', HFLR with polling drift fix will be enabled.

I originally wanted to install them separately, and just always have polling drift enabled (or have a toggle for it), but I spoke with T tauKhan (the creator of the code), and he said it'd be really tricky to separate the two.

Gehis514 Gehis514
You can also check out the 20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool. It worked for 4.0.7 and I'm pretty sure it should still work for 5.0. Just rename the MnSlChr.#sd to MnSlChr.usd and run the program for each numbered usd file. Then you use DTW to add the new numbered usd files and renamed HPS files to your iso.
If you insert Hex Tracks (which is what I call the custom songs with file names 00.hps - FF.hps) into the middle of the list and offset some of them, it will change what songs are used for stages using those tracks. So you might still be able to use that tool, but I recommend adding new songs to the end of the list to avoid that.

Last edited:

rakkob

Smash Rookie
Hi DRGN! I'm working on a melee AI. As part of that effort, the dual 1v1 mode could be really helpful for us, as we would like to simulate as many games as possible. I was wondering: how difficult would it be to a) stop edge hogging and/or nudges from happening between sets of players? b) if you've seen Melee Triples before (https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/f5cv54/melee_triples_ingame_3v3_teams_vods_results/) , how difficult would it be to get a triple 1v1 mode working? Thank you!

Coze

20YY Cultist
I didn't notice there wasn't a Frozen Stadium option in the Debug Menu. Seems like a good thing to add, so I'll put it on my todo list.

Yes, Polling Drift is included in the Half-Frame Lag Reduction code, which I did add, but it can only be enabled if you're playing on console and progressive scan mode is available. (If you're not using progressive scan, you're probably using composite video on a CRT, in which case there's no need for the code.) Hold B on bootup to get the progressive scan mode prompt, and if you enable that, you'll then get a prompt asking if you're using HDMI. If you select 'Yes', HFLR with polling drift fix will be enabled.

I originally wanted to install them separately, and just always have polling drift enabled (or have a toggle for it), but I spoke with T tauKhan (the creator of the code), and he said it'd be really tricky to separate the two.

If you insert Hex Tracks (which is what I call the custom songs with file names 00.hps - FF.hps) into the middle of the list and offset some of them, it will change what songs are used for stages using those tracks. So you might still be able to use that tool, but I recommend adding new songs to the end of the list to avoid that.
Yeah I'm on composite CRT, so I'm simply looking for a Polling Drift fix that has no lag reduction. (which apparently doesn't exist for some reason, I feel like it's pretty important, and Slippi Nintendo has it, but can't run 20XX.)

DRGN

Technowizard
Hi DRGN! I'm working on a melee AI. As part of that effort, the dual 1v1 mode could be really helpful for us, as we would like to simulate as many games as possible. I was wondering: how difficult would it be to a) stop edge hogging and/or nudges from happening between sets of players? b) if you've seen Melee Triples before (https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/f5cv54/melee_triples_ingame_3v3_teams_vods_results/) , how difficult would it be to get a triple 1v1 mode working? Thank you!
Hi. Welcome to Smashboards!

I'm not sure, since Achilles wrote the code for Dual 1v1 mode. However, there was another code I added for SD Remix that allows this for Ice Climbers, written by UnclePunch. There's a thread about it here you could post in to ask about it. As for Triples, I don't know what they did about getting controller inputs from players 5 & 6, so I'm not sure about that either. If you or they can send me the code, I can look into how feasible it would be to add it to 20XX though.

Yeah I'm on composite CRT, so I'm simply looking for a Polling Drift fix that has no lag reduction. (which apparently doesn't exist for some reason, I feel like it's pretty important, and Slippi Nintendo has it, but can't run 20XX.)
I see. Never saw that before. Well, I should be able to add it for the next update. In the meantime, if you want to test it out, you could try adding this code, which is from Slippi Nintendont for polling drift:

-==-

Polling Drift Fix
[Dan Salvato]
Revision ---- DOL Offset ---- Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code -
NTSC 1.02 --- 0x801A4DA0 ---- 901C0000 -> Branch

901C0000 3D808001
618C95FC 7D8903A6
4E800421 00000000

------------- 0x801A4DB4 ---- 4182FFF4 -> 60000000
------------- 0x80019860 ---- 4832A1D1 -> 4BFFFD9D
Code:
$Polling Drift Fix [Dan Salvato]
C21A4DA0 00000003
901C0000 3D808001
618C95FC 7D8903A6
4E800421 00000000
041A4DB4 60000000
04019860 4BFFFD9D

Please let me know if you have any problems with this.

Last edited:

BXBX

Smash Cadet
Are the gecko codes from the github page meant to be used only with the 20XX file or can they be applied to vanilla Melee? I tried using the rainbow FD code and the c-stick in develop mode on vanilla iso, but they didn't work for me.

MewtwoFanz

Smash Rookie
Hi, i am trying to rebuild the iso after editing custom music for version 5.00, but i can't seem to do so. Can anybody help me?

catman1900

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
CAT#882
new update is dope

also a question, I'm using a open source scan converter to connect my wii to my tv, should I select hdmi when booting the game while using that?

Last edited:

Paul06

Smash Rookie
I am facing an issue where the stage select screen is frozen and I can only select battlefield.

I did a search and saw something about Gecko codes when someone asked earlier, but I can't figure it out. Can someone please help?

DRGN

Technowizard
Are the gecko codes from the github page meant to be used only with the 20XX file or can they be applied to vanilla Melee? I tried using the rainbow FD code and the c-stick in develop mode on vanilla iso, but they didn't work for me.
Technically, 20XX doesn't actually use Gecko codes at all. :p It's just assembly. Anyway, some of the codes could be applied to vanilla NTSC 1.02 directly, but others are tied to the Debug Menu and/or other codes as part of a larger system. So it depends. The Rainbow FD code, for example, is contingent on a flag that's set by the Debug Menu to turn it on or off, as well as the stage filename being loaded, so as to not apply to specific stage skins (the code only applies alongside FD file extensions below .8at). The current game mode is also checked, so the code doesn't run for Classic, Adventure, and All-Star modes. However, Achilles posted a reduced version of this code here on the boards as well, as a Gecko code, which I just found with a site search. It doesn't have most of those extra checks. Also, for anyone who knows how to edit/write ASM, the source code for many of the codes is in Achilles' scratchpad or the Source Codes folder.

The C-Stick in develop mode code is also a little different from the normal one. You can find a variation of it and other codes for vanilla Melee here.

Hi, i am trying to rebuild the iso after editing custom music for version 5.00, but i can't seem to do so. Can anybody help me?
Possibly, but you would need to explain what you're doing and what's wrong in more detail in order for anyone to help.

new update is dope

also a question, I'm using a open source scan converter to connect my wii to my tv, should I select hdmi when booting the game while using that?
Most likely. Selecting Yes for the HDMI prompt will enable the Polling Drift Fix + Half-Frame Lag Reduction code, which will reduce input lag by about 8 ms, which is useful to help combat input lag from some extra video post-processing (such as converting component video to HDMI) or from the monitor.

I am facing an issue where the stage select screen is frozen and I can only select battlefield.

I did a search and saw something about Gecko codes when someone asked earlier, but I can't figure it out. Can someone please help?
To turn off Gecko codes, open Dolphin, and click on the "Config" button. On the General tab, uncheck "Enable Cheats". Or to enable/disable only specific Gecko codes, open Dolphin, right-click on the game in the games list, and click on Properties. Now go to the Gecko Codes tab and select/deselect whatever codes you want. However, unless there's something specific you want to try, I recommend just turning them all off, as some of them can have unexpected conflicts with the codes in 20XX.

Top Bottom