• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

alan_alonso

Smash Rookie
I am new to this, playing the 4.07 version on dolphin, all the sheilds don't show up, as well other "states" like firefox, and shine. The character animation shows, but not the effext around them. To be clear, the action itself occurs, I just can't see.

EDIT: solved it, i'm just stupid hahahaha

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
For anyone having the same issue as Alan. It's an option found in the Debug Menu under Textures -> Disable In-Game GFX and Textures. If you set this to ON, Firefox, Shield etc. doesn't show

fellen

Smash Rookie
Is there a dedicated thread or site for 20xx suggestions?

I think it would be immensely helpful to see a line of text appear when a player toggles any setting (develop or otherwise) in-game. And perhaps also have this line of text show relative to each player so you know who toggled it (eg show the text above the port 3 position so you know P3 toggled it).

And perhaps a toggle that shows all currently active toggles (and maybe their toggle combination so you can easily disable a given toggle if you didn't mean to turn it on without having to reference the debug menu?).

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
@Achilles1515

not sure if youd want to make use of this, but you can load in different character .dats on a per player basis if you nop the following checks

Code:
04085750 60000000 #PlXX.dat
04085a50 60000000 #PlAJXX.dat
040673cc 60000000 #EfData
04085858 60000000 #costume dat

this way you can do stuff like have NTSC fox vs PAL fox or have leftalt green fox vs default green fox. just dont forget to change the file string sometime before that players AllocateAndInitPlayer function is called

SSBM_Storm

Smash Rookie
When I try to mod my 20XX skins and CSS, sometimes it doesn't boot up, and I can't figure out why it does that. (I feel like it's because of the custom CSS screen but I don't know), but can you guys help me?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
When I try to mod my 20XX skins and CSS, sometimes it doesn't boot up, and I can't figure out why it does that. (I feel like it's because of the custom CSS screen but I don't know), but can you guys help me?
Don't replace the file, you have to add to the existing one. Achilles' stores the debug menu info in the MnSlChr.usd file which is why 20XX's is bigger than the usual one.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Your name made me think someone got my Twitter account, lol.

Thomas_TL

Smash Rookie
Anyone know why I can't use a code that lets me load one stage over another in 20xx? I want to be able to load kongo jungle over peach's castle, and the code works fine with 1.02, but it crashes whenever it loads up on 20xx.

iCrash

Smash Cadet
20xx downloaded fine and everything, but when I try and launch I get the error 'no memory card in slot A' or 'memory card in slot A is corrupted so it must be formatted.'

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played in forever and recently got back into the game. It was really cute to see the Wolf skin I made in the newest version. Thanks, man, it made me smile haha

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
20xx downloaded fine and everything, but when I try and launch I get the error 'no memory card in slot A' or 'memory card in slot A is corrupted so it must be formatted.'
Are you talking about the hack pack or 20XXTE, as I have encountered that problem with 20XXTE but not with the hack pack.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533

asterik216

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to change the origin on the C-Stick? My controller is off to the left and it sometimes attacks don't happen if i don't press hard enough. You can see the stick more but it doesn't always register. I know you can change the joystick using Z=Dpad on character select but I cant figure out how to do the c-stick

Peerless

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to change the origin on the C-Stick? My controller is off to the left and it sometimes attacks don't happen if i don't press hard enough. You can see the stick more but it doesn't always register. I know you can change the joystick using Z=Dpad on character select but I cant figure out how to do the c-stick
You can offset the deadzone by plugging the controller in while the c-stick is pointed in the problematic direction.
You can also re-calibrate by holding the c-stick in the problematic direction and holding X+Y+Start for ~5 seconds.

asterik216

Smash Rookie
The x y and start resets it but it doesn't stay zero out. And I tried plug-in it in whit holding the stick but I don't think they work with dolphin and a mayflash

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
did they remove the p2 action spam code in 4.07? It worked on the old one, but doesnt seem to work anymore. The one you get to using L+R+dpad up

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
did they remove the p2 action spam code in 4.07? It worked on the old one, but doesnt seem to work anymore. The one you get to using L+R+dpad up
I believe so but in 4.07++ you can record a save state where you take control of a bot and spam an attack for 30 seconds or whatever and then use D-pad right to replay that over and over. Check out Ginger's 20XX video on YouTube where he did this with Mewtwo to practice his shield drops.

SakuraZelda

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if it's possible to use 20xx training pack with nintendont and a super smash bros melee rom?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Does anyone know if it's possible to use 20xx training pack with nintendont and a super smash bros melee rom?
The 20XX training pack comes with everything you need, no need to find a rom. And yes it works with Nintendont.

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I can take care of it this weekend for you.
Thank you so much!! I really really appreciate it! This is the final touch to my copy of 20XX. Which brings me to my next question - is there any way to legally share my 20XX files?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Thank you so much!! I really really appreciate it! This is the final touch to my copy of 20XX. Which brings me to my next question - is there any way to legally share my 20XX files?
You could release an xDelta patch (you can Google it to learn more about them, including how to make them). Or you could upload a .zip of the files in your copy that have been modified. I recommend including instructions with it on how to replace those files in a user's ISO. Which can be done by GCR, by either replacing each file individually; or extracting the root, replacing the files in explorer, then rebuilding the disc. Or it can done with DTW all at once via the 'Import Multiple Files' option (you don't need to select the specific files in the disc first; just select the option and it will prompt you with files in Windows to import). Note that when importing/replacing a single file in DTW, filenames don't matter (since it already knows your selections); however when importing/replacing multiple files, the files that you're importing should be named the same as the files they're meant to replace (so the program can determine which files to replace with what).

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
is there a way with the current set of DI options to make the cpu DI down and away?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Putting the final touches on my personal ISO (which, as I've said earlier, I plan on making public) and had a few small questions:
1) How do I get rid of custom stages I dislike that are pre-installed on 4.07++?
2) How do I get "Sword Swing Colors" for Marth/Roy?
3) Is it possible to "mix" textures with Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Peach (they all have physical differences in the stock texture; they are not just different colors as all other characters are).
Thanks in advance to all those who help!!
I plan on getting my ISO out by the end of March at the latest. :)

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Putting the final touches on my personal ISO (which, as I've said earlier, I plan on making public) and had a few small questions:
1) How do I get rid of custom stages I dislike that are pre-installed on 4.07++?
3) Is it possible to "mix" textures with Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Peach (they all have physical differences in the stock texture; they are not just different colors as all other characters are).
1. Do you know about this? https://smashboards.com/threads/the...k-v4-07-7-04-17.351221/page-129#post-20702420
2. Isn't that an option in the debug menu?
3. I don't know about this one. You probably have to do it manually. I am not sure how well it will work.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
1. Do you know about this? https://smashboards.com/threads/the...k-v4-07-7-04-17.351221/page-129#post-20702420
2. Isn't that an option in the debug menu?
3. I don't know about this one. You probably have to do it manually. I am not sure how well it will work.
1) I don't think we are on the same page... I was talking about the "texture mods" to the stages. Looking back at this I was pretty unclear, lol.
2) It is, but for me it doesn't work. My guess is that I overrided it while importing some file maybe.
3) :/

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Both 1) and 2) you could be talking about changing something with the debug menu and I don't know how to actually delete options in the debug menu. Otherwise on 1) you could overwrite the ones you don't want, which I am guessing you don't want to do. On 2) Have you tried replacing yours with the 4.07++ Start.dol?

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Both 1) and 2) you could be talking about changing something with the debug menu and I don't know how to actually delete options in the debug menu. Otherwise on 1) you could overwrite the ones you don't want, which I am guessing you don't want to do. On 2) Have you tried replacing yours with the 4.07++ Start.dol?
Ah, gotchya (for #1)!
But for #2, aren't there a few textures that are changed through start.dol besides the Sword Swing Colors? Or did I make that up?
Also, I just remembered another question... How do I check what the CSP Trim Color is for a certain character?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Ah, gotchya (for #1)!
But for #2, aren't there a few textures that are changed through start.dol besides the Sword Swing Colors? Or did I make that up?
Also, I just remembered another question... How do I check what the CSP Trim Color is for a certain character?
I don't know of any, but I don't know much about this. You can check by going to Disc Operations and generating CSP Trim Color I think.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I don't know of any, but I don't know much about this. You can check by going to Disc Operations and generating CSP Trim Color I think.
But if I have previously made a specific CSP to a specific hex value, how do I find that specific hex value?
Clicking on "Generate CSP Trim Color" just shows the color it suggests you change it to.
Sorry for all these questions by the way. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this up sooner rather than later!

DRGN

Technowizard
1) You should just be able to delete the files in DTW, removing them from the disc. When 20XX tries to grab a custom stage at random, it'll generate a number, check if a stage with that number exists (e.g. Gr.Iz.3at), and then if it doesn't, it'll just try again with another random number. Not sure about the debug menu aspect; haven't looked into it.

2) The latest tech for Sword Swing Colors involves including the color information within the character's costume .dat file. A custom code then reads this data and modifies the swing colors accordingly. (This method has a lot of advantages of the older methods of changing one or two static values in other files.) This is why when you replace one of the default 20XX 4.07 custom costumes, that costume slot will [usually] no longer have custom sword swing colors. Most costumes don't have this, so you'll need to add it in yourself. You can find discussion and details on this here. Don't forget to edit the file's length attribute in the file header for any files you add this data to.

3) I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to replace a texture in one file with one from another, but they have different dimensions, you just need to edit the source texture to have the same dimensions as the destination texture so that you can do the import.

How do I check what the CSP Trim Color is for a certain character?
The colors for that are stored in a look-up table, explained in the spoiler here. Except the table now starts at 0x3a3c90 in MnSlChr.usd, rather than in the DOL.

I thought about a 'View CSP Trim Colors' feature in DTW, which would show you the currently set colors and allow you to edit them, similar to the 'Generate CSP Trim Colors' window. But the idea was always a low priority so I never got around to it.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
1) You should just be able to delete the files in DTW, removing them from the disc. When 20XX tries to grab a custom stage at random, it'll generate a number, check if a stage with that number exists (e.g. Gr.Iz.3at), and then if it doesn't, it'll just try again with another random number. Not sure about the debug menu aspect; haven't looked into it.

2) The latest tech for Sword Swing Colors involves including the color information within the character's costume .dat file. A custom code then reads this data and modifies the swing colors accordingly. (This method has a lot of advantages of the older methods of changing one or two static values in other files.) This is why when you replace one of the default 20XX 4.07 custom costumes, that costume slot will [usually] no longer have custom sword swing colors. Most costumes don't have this, so you'll need to add it in yourself. You can find discussion and details on this here. Don't forget to edit the file's length attribute in the file header for any files you add this data to.

3) I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to replace a texture in one file with one from another, but they have different dimensions, you just need to edit the source texture to have the same dimensions as the destination texture so that you can do the import.

The colors for that are stored in a look-up table, explained in the spoiler here. Except the table now starts at 0x3a3c90 in MnSlChr.usd, rather than in the DOL.

I thought about a 'View CSP Trim Colors' feature in DTW, which would show you the currently set colors and allow you to edit them, similar to the 'Generate CSP Trim Colors' window. But the idea was always a low priority so I never got around to it.
Awesome!! This is so perfect!
1) I didn't think it would be this simple. So glad it is.
2) Ah, that's pretty cool. I'll have to test this out sometime.
3) What I was saying here was that if I want to put a Pika blue costume color on a Pika red costume color, for example, it doesn't go through because there are "physical" changes. At least it wouldn't work in old version of DTW...
4) Sounds good! I'll look into this as well.

Thank you so so much for all the help!!

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I tried replacing an eye texture from one Bowser texture to another and got this message... Any help?
"0x61520.png" could not be imported due to an unknown error.
Status Code: failedEncoding

Itaru

MasterGanon
@Achilles1515

not sure if youd want to make use of this, but you can load in different character .dats on a per player basis if you nop the following checks

Code:
04085750 60000000 #PlXX.dat
04085a50 60000000 #PlAJXX.dat
040673cc 60000000 #EfData
04085858 60000000 #costume dat

this way you can do stuff like have NTSC fox vs PAL fox or have leftalt green fox vs default green fox. just dont forget to change the file string sometime before that players AllocateAndInitPlayer function is called

How to use this code?
I want to use this in my BM2.0 Promotion video.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
How to use this code?
This was all done with on the fly memory editing. Achilles hasn't released the source code for his alt character selector. If it were available, it should be easy to make the alt toggle be per player and not per character. Seeing how long Achilles has been AWOL I may try and reverse it at some point. Its pretty long though and that's whats been putting me off.

Last edited:

MajorXMidge

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2749-9965-2669

Hey so I've been wanting to change some of the custom music in the pack and replace it with my own custom music, thing is, I have no idea what file corresponds to what music file, is there some sort of way of determining which music is what? Thanks.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

Hey so I've been wanting to change some of the custom music in the pack and replace it with my own custom music, thing is, I have no idea what file corresponds to what music file, is there some sort of way of determining which music is what? Thanks.
They are labeled in the Debug Menu, I am not sure if there is a compiled list somewhere. I guess if you use a hex editor it would kinda be a list in Start.dol.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
How to use this code?
Making progress on this,

You can use multiple versions of costumes (left red fox vs right red fox) and use SD remix vs PAL vs NTSC.

You can also use different costumes when teaming,

Bug testing it now, should be done soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom