• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Bioxon

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys, I'm trying to install 20xx on my Wii but my nintendont wont read the game, so I can't launch it, I made sure that I had chaged the name of the file to game.iso before putting the game to the games file, but it still can't read it, can someone help me with this

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Hi Guys, I'm trying to install 20xx on my Wii but my nintendont wont read the game, so I can't launch it, I made sure that I had chaged the name of the file to game.iso before putting the game to the games file, but it still can't read it, can someone help me with this
Is it within a folder inside games called GALE01 ?

Bioxon

Smash Rookie
Yes, I also tried that and it didn't work, I'm thinking it can be a IOS problem maybe they aren't set up correctly could you check?
this is what the syscheck checked

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Sin Parches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify Acceso NAND
IOS37 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5661): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5918): Sin Parches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Sin Parches
IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug ES Identify Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify Acceso NAND
IOS249[38] (rev 17): Trucha Bug ES Identify Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 19): Trucha Bug Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Is there a list/doc anywhere out there that lists out all the toggle codes? Ideally for 20XX + Debug, but just 20XX would be awesome. Infographics like this are a touch outdated, and it would be nice to know the full list of functionality 20XX offers in its current version.

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is the list in total but in the debug menu under in-game code toggles there is a toggle list for both 20XX and develop mode.

Geuse

Smash Rookie
Hey, has anyone else run into the bug where you can't let go of the ledge by pushing down or away (either stick)?
This has happened to myself and a few others in my playgroup since version 4.06; and on different controllers and different wii's too (no other controller mods/issues).
I would just assume that it was a controller calibration issue, but I often don't find out until deep into a match because I can crouch/wavedash/sheild drop /etc. just fine. It's only ledge-release (and sometimes regular getup) that doesn't work. Often, it will take several attempts to re-plug the controller/reset the console before it works.
The input display on the CSS displays nothing abnormal either. All inputs 0'ed and max out at .985, or whatever.

Edit:
Other random bugs that I've been curious about:
• I know a bunch of players that use XYStart (or whatever it is) to re-calibrate their controllers. In 4.06 and on, this skips straight to stage select, without re-calibrating.
• My memory card doesn't save certain settings, like spoofing the controller ports. Technically, I don't know if this is a bug, but it saves that in other versions, and is annoying to reset every time.

Last edited:

yungbami

Smash Rookie
use 4.07++

Hey, has anyone else run into the bug where you can't let go of the ledge by pushing down or away (either stick)?
This has happened to myself and a few others in my playgroup since version 4.06; and on different controllers and different wii's too (no other controller mods/issues).
I would just assume that it was a controller calibration issue, but I often don't find out until deep into a match because I can crouch/wavedash/sheild drop /etc. just fine. It's only ledge-release (and sometimes regular getup) that doesn't work. Often, it will take several attempts to re-plug the controller/reset the console before it works.
The input display on the CSS displays nothing abnormal either. All inputs 0'ed and max out at .985, or whatever.

Edit:
Other random bugs that I've been curious about:
• I know a bunch of players that use XYStart (or whatever it is) to re-calibrate their controllers. In 4.06 and on, this skips straight to stage select, without re-calibrating.
• My memory card doesn't save certain settings, like spoofing the controller ports. Technically, I don't know if this is a bug, but it saves that in other versions, and is annoying to reset every time.

3Eyz

Smash Rookie
I've downloaded the file and used both the DAT texture wizard and the GCR to rebuild the root file. Every time I save it to my card and it begins rebuilding.
when its done its a disc image file that wont show up in Nintendont when I load my Wii up.
can anyone help please????

Misa

Smash Rookie
Similiar to what @UnclePunch did a while back, I too have compiled some stages and costumes floating around mainly in @zankyou 's threads and worked them into my copy of 4.06.

I'll post a download-link to the files I added or changed down below, so you can rebuild it by yourself using the root files found in the opening post. Just copy-paste into the root folder and save+rebuild with GCR.
Remeber to check "Do not use game.toc" before you Open > Root!!
I made changes to the start.dol, some menu files and replaced some alt skins, so as long as these changes doesn't overlap you could add and replace these files of your existing copy and rebuild it with GCR.

Changes:
- Added Zankyou-imported Stages to fourth SSS, with icons (blue icons!)
- Added new Miiverse posts to the newly added Miiverse stage; tried to pick Melee relevant ones, also made some of my own.
- Imported stages have individual names on the Random Stage Select toggle screen
- Added names for the Third SSS on the Random Stage Select toggle screen
- Swapped Zeldas CSP for the Shiek/Zelda one (simply don't copy "MnSlChr.usd" if you don't care for this, as it will replace all your other CSPs)
- Mario (Green and Blue), C.Falcon (Neutral and Pink) and Marth (Neutral, Black and White) now have alt costumes as their R-alt.

I think thats all. Keep in mind that I did this mostly for my own amusement, and therefore probably left some stages/costumes out due to lack of interest. But you can easily do it yourself pretty easily!
Thanks to @Achilles1515 and @zankyou as well as many, many others for the continuing hard work!

Modified:
SdSlChr.3sd
SdSlChr.4sd
MnSlMap.4sd
MnSlChr.usd
start.dol
PlMrGr.rat (.rat files replaced with alt costumes)
PlMrBu.rat
PlMsNr.rat
PlMsBk.rat
PlMsWh.rat
PlCaNr.rat
PlCaWh.rat

New (Just stage files):
GrTsk.zat
GrTPk.zat
GrTNs.zat
GrTMs.zat
GrTLk.zat
GrTKb.zat
GrTGn.zat
GrTFx.zat
GrTFe.zat
GrTCl.zat
GrTCa.zat
GrNBa.zat
GrNBa.yat
GrNba.xat
GrSt.zat
(chose to go with Z>Y>X to easily keep track of what files were added by me)

Download (Updated to 4.07++)
I updated this to 4.07++, have fun

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I've downloaded the file and used both the DAT texture wizard and the GCR to rebuild the root file. Every time I save it to my card and it begins rebuilding.
when its done its a disc image file that wont show up in Nintendont when I load my Wii up.
Is it named properly? Is Nintendont updated?

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is the list in total but in the debug menu under in-game code toggles there is a toggle list for both 20XX and develop mode.
This is basically exactly what I was looking for. As long as these remain up to dates, this is all I need, thanks for pointing me to them!

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Somebody help me because I know not what I've done.

Started playing on 4.07++ like normal but some kind of interaction between me and the CPU causes the CPU to immediately die. I'm literally just jabbing Fox and Marth, and after a few punches, poof!, down a stock, just like "rolling forces death" from a previous version of 20XX.

What have I turned on?

Edit: Resetting the system fixed it. Still interested to know what I did.

Last edited:

3Eyz

Smash Rookie
Is it named properly? Is Nintendont updated?
What should the file be named? and also I dont know what I need to do to update nintendont.
My Wii was modded recently when 4.05 was the newest version.
If I can find a way to clean my Wii and start from scratch that would be great cause I will know how to do it in the future

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
What should the file be named? and also I dont know what I need to do to update nintendont.
My Wii was modded recently when 4.05 was the newest version.
If I can find a way to clean my Wii and start from scratch that would be great cause I will know how to do it in the future
in the "games" folder, there should be a folder called "GALE01" and in that you put your 20XX iso called "game"

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
Yes, I also tried that and it didn't work, I'm thinking it can be a IOS problem maybe they aren't set up correctly could you check?
this is what the syscheck checked

IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
You need IOS58 and the latest Homebrew Channel. You have IOS58.
its a disc image file that wont show up in Nintendont when I load my Wii up.
To those of you having trouble getting the game to be recognized by Nintendont, make sure your .iso is named "game.iso", and that it is in the directory
\games\[anyname]\game.iso .
It doesn't matter what the folder containing game.iso is named--my own is simply named "20XX"--but the folder in the base of your drive that includes it absolutely must be named "games".
You can update Nintendont directly through its GUI--when you see your games list, just hit B, X, A on your GC controller in that order.
some kind of interaction between me and the CPU causes the CPU to immediately die. I'm literally just jabbing Fox and Marth, and after a few punches, poof!, down a stock, just like "rolling forces death" from a previous version of 20XX.
In Nintendont enable "Skip IPL" in settings. That'll fix it.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Is there a color flag I can set to flash so I know when I do a successful JC grab?
Just set a color for standing grab and a bright red type color for running grab. If you get the running grab it will be obvious. It's the same kinda deal I do for grab pummels, you set neutral grab wait to be red so that you can see as soon as you're free to pummel again. Sometimes setting the bad stuff to a color is the easiest way to see it. Kinda like flash red on unsuccessful L-cancel is a lot better than flash on every successful L cancel.

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
In Nintendont enable "Skip IPL" in settings. That'll fix it.
My Wii came from a friend with DiosMios. I've heard people talk about using ND over DM, but I haven't had an issue. I'm actually scared I'll mess up my own setup by trying to switch.

Just set a color for standing grab and a bright red type color for running grab.
Thanks, that did the trick. For anyone trying to practice JC grab using colored action states, their names are CATCH (standing grab) and CATCHDASH (running grab).

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
My Wii came from a friend with DiosMios. I've heard people talk about using ND over DM, but I haven't had an issue. I'm actually scared I'll mess up my own setup by trying to switch.
...but you're having an issue with DM right now.
There's not really a switch to be made--DM uses a cMIOS, Nintendont uses IOS58. Nintendont does not touch DIOS MIOS. It's just a Homebrew USB loader app. As long as you have IOS58, you already have everything you need to use Nintendont except the Nintendont app itself. :)

DM and Nintendont can coexist on your system, but in order to alleviate your issue, I recommend using Nintendont with 20XX, just make sure your ISO is in USB:/games/20XX/game.iso

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
@Achilles1515 A while back I requested a "Combo DI" setting for CPU DI.
I remember you replied that you could simply make the CPU DI Down+Away.
I have come to the conclusion that the more sophisticated and yet simple way of doing it is actually just do make the CPU DI 180 degrees to Survival DI.

If I am missing anything about this solution please point it out. So far I can't see anything wrong with it.
Thank you

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
So after playing with JC grab training wheels for a few days, I think it would make a great addition to the hack pack if it was put right out there in the open along with the other options already present (hitlag, hitstun, auto-cancel, IASA, etc). I get that you can set it up easily by going into the action state menu (as was pointed out to me above), but this seems pretty fundamental to learn. Unless I'm mistaken, in 99% of your grab interactions you always want to JC it.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
what if we took out the L and R buttons for alt skins and just had those skins cycle in after the reg ones when hitting X or Y?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
That'd be too many skins to cycle through
so? i don't mind :) its just like in the modded version of smash 4

Did you turn on tri-CSP? It makes cycling through alts extremely easy, and is very pleasing to the eyes.
tri-CSP, are you talking about when theres the 3 images on the port at once? i have my own skins that i've made on mod and i'd have to go thru and edit all of them, plus the pics are slightly smaller so you won't be able to see in great detail

oscat oscat TyroKith TyroKith but is there a way i can have it like i want for my mod?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
so? i don't mind :) its just like in the modded version of smash 4

tri-CSP, are you talking about when theres the 3 images on the port at once? i have my own skins that i've made on mod and i'd have to go thru and edit all of them, plus the pics are slightly smaller so you won't be able to see in great detail

oscat oscat TyroKith TyroKith but is there a way i can have it like i want for my mod?
It has't been done before as far as I know. But anything's possible

°Shy°

Smash Rookie
how do I practice ledgedashing on 4.07++; i cant seem to enable overlays for invincible frames or overall col bubbles

foxxxmccloud

Smash Rookie
i have been dying to know if there is anyway i can use the universal controller fix code/memory card hack with 20xx 4.06-7? I believe i tried it once and it would only load the memory card with regular vanilla melee

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
i have been dying to know if there is anyway i can use the universal controller fix code/memory card hack with 20xx 4.06-7? I believe i tried it once and it would only load the memory card with regular vanilla melee
It works, I'm using the gecko code with nintendont

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
How did you get the code to work? I haven't been able to get cheats to run on nintendont.
Created the gct from the gecko code, placed the gct in the same folder where the game.iso is in the sd/usb, made sure cheats were on in nintendont, and played the game

WattoMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonkip
3DS FC
2638-4775-6754
Hi,
I have a problem. I updated to 4.07 and the CPU dies sometimes randomly just from a hit, even before the CPU is knockbacked from the hit.
How can I fix this?

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I have a problem. I updated to 4.07 and the CPU dies sometimes randomly just from a hit, even before the CPU is knockbacked from the hit.
How can I fix this?
If you're running from Nintendont, enable Skip IPL in Nintendont's settings.
If you're using DIOS MIOS, use Nintendont instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom