• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

GibranSalazar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gibran78
Might be a dumb question but ive been playing melee on my wii for a week now (Nintendont) and I dowloaded the v4.06 20xx onto my computer but where do I put it in my SD card? Thanks in advance.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Might be a dumb question but ive been playing melee on my wii for a week now (Nintendont) and I dowloaded the v4.06 20xx onto my computer but where do I put it in my SD card? Thanks in advance.
hmmm, a folder called games seems suspicious. Make sure within that suspicious folder you put the iso within a folder called like GALE05 or some other number. And that the iso is named game. Or use DMToolbox.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I had this happen with my first build. I think you accidentally compressed your ISO. (You can tell it's compressed if the game is red in Nintendont.) Did you use DAT Texture Wizard make the ISO instead of GCR? Because that's how it happened to me.
Hmm so literally all you did was remake the ISO in GCR and then it worked fine? I had a guy, who was having the same problem, tell me that his solution was to simply switch from Dios Mios to Nintendont...which is a solution I don't understand. I use Dios Mios.

When I try to use a Battlefield texture using a file at GrNBa.5at and onwards the game crashes when trying to load the stage. Is this just me? I tried moving the textures and they work perfectly fine in any slot before that so it's not the textures
I am unable to test right now. Dolphin or console? Are you importing new textures? And to be clear, you are toggling the Battlefield texture to any 6th or higher option and then just selecting it on the SSS for a regular VS match?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
The md5 check on that xdelta patch looks like it's broken. My md5s match up before and after conversion, but the program tells me otherwise.

Thanks for making it though, it works fine, and of course thanks to the legend achilles
What do you mean they matched up before and after conversion? You mean your vanilla ISO was verified, but not the finished disc? Are you talking about the .bat or .sh script? What's your OS? What hash did you get for the finished disc? There would be another file created called "Your 20XX 4.06 MD5 hash.txt." If you used the batch file, it should've looked like this:
upload_2017-4-22_1-50-25.png
I had this happen with my first build. I think you accidentally compressed your ISO. (You can tell it's compressed if the game is red in Nintendont.) Did you use DAT Texture Wizard make the ISO instead of GCR? Because that's how it happened to me.
I think Nintendont will display the game in red simply if the game isn't the standard size for a GameCube disc. DTW doesn't do any compression, but it does create a disc several hundred MB smaller (optionally), by not adding a bunch of zeroed-out space between files. If the game runs, then the system files are in their correct place, which should be all that matters in terms of file position. Even if other files have different offsets, they're still defined in the FST for the game to reference them.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Doesn't work on Dolphin or console. I did add one texture over the Mario Party Battlefield. I don't think that the textures are the causes of the crashes though because I tried moving the textures that wouldn't load forward and vice versa for the ones that were loading and they did actually load when in the earlier slots while the textures that loaded before now didn't when they were in the ones farther down. So yea when starting a VS match with any textures past the 6th option the game will just crash

Last edited:

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Hi. When transfering my custom music from 20xx 4.05 to 4.06, ive encountered a problem. After building the new ISO, when i try to launch it on dolphin, i get an error " Invalid Write to 0x00000d2c, PC = 0x80082b04". When i tried to play the ISO on my wii, the wii didnt load it. All i did was replace some of the .hps song files with custom files that i have been using with my 4.05 ISO, so i dont think the files themselves are the problems

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Been playing 4.06 for a while and it seems like 3.02 is still superior for practicing tech chases, but I hope I'm wrong.

In 4.06 Fox and Falco rarely shine after teching,
the CPU doesn't always spotdodge after teching even when it's set to 100,
and if you have the 20XX CPU type set to "stay" the CPU just stands there after teching.

Am I missing a setting or something?

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Been playing 4.06 for a while and it seems like 3.02 is still superior for practicing tech chases, but I hope I'm wrong.

In 4.06 Fox and Falco rarely shine after teching,
the CPU doesn't always spotdodge after teching even when it's set to 100,
and if you have the 20XX CPU type set to "stay" the CPU just stands there after teching.

Am I missing a setting or something?

Here, look at this Reddit post.

TheHeroOfTime

Smash Rookie
What do you mean they matched up before and after conversion? You mean your vanilla ISO was verified, but not the finished disc? Are you talking about the .bat or .sh script? What's your OS? What hash did you get for the finished disc? There would be another file created called "Your 20XX 4.06 MD5 hash.txt." If you used the batch file, it should've looked like this:
Windows 10 x64, using the batch file. What I mean is that my Vanilla 1.02 SSBM iso matches the correct md5 (0E63D4223B01D9ABA596259DC155A174), but the batch file says it doesn't. Here's what I get:

The finished 4.06 iso also matches the correct md5 (6ed757739de410658799e4ada97a31a1), so there's no harm done. Also, there's no text file being made in the directory after completion, and there's not an option to check it from the batch file like there is in your screenshot.

NoodleIncident

Smash Rookie
Is this where people are supposed to submit bugs? I'm posting anyway because it looks hilarious, it's a problem with loading save state minor while grabbing.

Setup: recording replay for P4, but not P1, two controllers. Start throw with up+Z, A+right to save state minor. Play through throw animation to find the right DI/trigger frame, P4 released, A+left to load state minor. Step through with Z. (Haven't verified whether any individual part here is necessary, or if the sum of the steps is sufficient)

Result: https://gfycat.com/WellgroomedComplexFugu

Last edited:

egbrett

Smash Rookie
not sure how many people can help w mac, but i used the instructions in the faq and can't find my melee iso in gcr. any help?

egbrett

Smash Rookie
Read the instructions more carefully. None of them require you to find a Melee ISO.
are we reading the same instructions?

"Step 5. Check "Run directly in" and click Go
After this, GCRebuilder should run normally. Now, click Image -> Open... and browse for your Melee 1.02 iso. Your window should look like in Step 6."

DRGN

Technowizard
Windows 10 x64, using the batch file. What I mean is that my Vanilla 1.02 SSBM iso matches the correct md5 (0E63D4223B01D9ABA596259DC155A174), but the batch file says it doesn't. Here's what I get:

The finished 4.06 iso also matches the correct md5 (6ed757739de410658799e4ada97a31a1), so there's no harm done. Also, there's no text file being made in the directory after completion, and there's not an option to check it from the batch file like there is in your screenshot.
Yeah, if the given ISO doesn't appear to be a vanilla disc, the script doesn't bother to hash check the finished product (or generate a text file with the result) because it assumes the new file/hash would always fail the check anyway. The reason it doesn't pass the vanilla ISO in the first place might be a difference in output of the CertUtil tool on your system, which is what's used to generate the hash. I'll test this later on a Win10 system. In the meantime, if you want, you could try executing this command in command line:
CertUtil -hashfile "[pathToYourISO]" MD5

Assuming version differences are the issue, I might just add a copy of certutil to the download.

not sure how many people can help w mac, but i used the instructions in the faq and can't find my melee iso in gcr. any help?
You should be able to use the xdelta patch download in the OP on a mac system (either with the included .sh script, or a patching program you can download for xdelta and mac). I haven't tried it though, so I can't walk you through it. That Google though....

HyruleWarrior

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm having trouble loading 20xx 4.06. I have nintendont and a 4.06 iso on a 2gb SD card. The game shows up in the nintendont menu but when I click on it, the game never loads and a black screen stays there forever. Is it Me, or what? Any help would be appreciated!

TheHeroOfTime

Smash Rookie
Yeah, if the given ISO doesn't appear to be a vanilla disc, the script doesn't bother to hash check the finished product (or generate a text file with the result) because it assumes the new file/hash would always fail the check anyway. The reason it doesn't pass the vanilla ISO in the first place might be a difference in output of the CertUtil tool on your system, which is what's used to generate the hash. I'll test this later on a Win10 system. In the meantime, if you want, you could try executing this command in command line:
CertUtil -hashfile "[pathToYourISO]" MD5

Assuming version differences are the issue, I might just add a copy of certutil to the download.
Here's the results from that command (for the vanilla 1.02 disc):

Looks like the correct hash.
EDIT: You were right, there's a difference in output than what you were expecting in the batch file. You need to remove the spaces from between the hash values for the vanilla iso hash and the completed 20xx hash. http://i.imgur.com/t1YnM54.png

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Is there an easy way to extend all the custom textures made for vanilla PStadium to Frozen Stadium? Sadly it's still only available in blue. :(

Zoler

Smash Ace
OMGOMGOMG settings for CPU DI.... This is exactly what I asked for when the first edition came out :D Amazing work like always!

One question though: are there any way to influence the CPUs recovery habits? Spacies mostly shorten their side-bs for example, would be cool to have them alternate between shorten and normal side-b.

clarify

Smash Cadet
Hey, something I noticed in a practice session yesterday: if you choose random and random tells you to be male fighting wire frame (which can happen if you leave that setting on Falcon), the game will softlock. Not sure if this happens with other characters that are accessed by pressing Z on another character or not, but it is something to be aware of.
Also not sure if this issue was prevalent in previous versions of 20XX, as I just noticed this for the first time yesterday.

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Hi. When transfering my custom music from 20xx 4.05 to 4.06, ive encountered a problem. After building the new ISO, when i try to launch it on dolphin, i get an error " Invalid Write to 0x00000d2c, PC = 0x80082b04". When i tried to play the ISO on my wii, the wii didnt load it. All i did was replace some of the .hps song files with custom files that i have been using with my 4.05 ISO, so i dont think the files themselves are the problems
You need to also modify MnSlChr.usd and be sure to check 'Do not use game.toc' if you're building with GCR

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi, I'm having trouble loading 20xx 4.06. I have nintendont and a 4.06 iso on a 2gb SD card. The game shows up in the nintendont menu but when I click on it, the game never loads and a black screen stays there forever. Is it Me, or what? Any help would be appreciated!
Have you loaded a Melee ISO from this SD card before? Does the 4.06 ISO you created work fine in Dolphin?

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
You need to also modify MnSlChr.usd and be sure to check 'Do not use game.toc' if you're building with GCR
What exactly do you mean by "modify MnSlChr.usd? I was under the impression that you needed to do this if you added more .hps files, incrementing the number of files. What i did is replace .hps, so the overall number and names of the hps files remain the same. What exactly is it that i have to edit in the MnSlChr.usd file?

Rococo

Smash Rookie
A couple issues:

-CPUs default to metal. Any way to turn this off?
-The infographic for DI Display is incorrect

Last edited:

Duol

Smash Rookie
I'm having some problems with some textures, i don't have a shine neither a shield.
Any suggetions?

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
I'm having some problems with some textures, i don't have a shine neither a shield.
Any suggetions?
Debug Menu --> Texture Hacks --> toggle to disable all in-game GFX and EFX textures?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What exactly do you mean by "modify MnSlChr.usd? I was under the impression that you needed to do this if you added more .hps files, incrementing the number of files. What i did is replace .hps, so the overall number and names of the hps files remain the same. What exactly is it that i have to edit in the MnSlChr.usd file?
What was your exact process for replacing the files and rebuilding the ISO? What program were you using to rebuild the ISO?
OMGOMGOMG settings for CPU DI.... This is exactly what I asked for when the first edition came out :D Amazing work like always!

One question though: are there any way to influence the CPUs recovery habits? Spacies mostly shorten their side-bs for example, would be cool to have them alternate between shorten and normal side-b.
There is no way to change recovery habits at the current moment. I might focus on CPUs in a later update at some point. This isn't directly related to what you were saying, but check out this video:

Krusteaz Krusteaz So GrNBa.6at is Complimentary BF. I just went to Debug Menu --> Texture Hacks --> Battlefield --> and set it to COMPLIMENTARY. Went and picked Battlefield and it loaded just fine.

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
What was your exact process for replacing the files and rebuilding the ISO? What program were you using to rebuild the ISO?
I followed the same process that i did with the 4.05 ISO. Having my custom hps files already created, i renamed the files to replace specific songs that already came with the ISO (Example: 6C, 65, etc.) Having replaced these hps files with my own, I simply used GCR to rebuild the ISO, and the aforementioned happened.
Afterwards, i tried building the ISO again ticking the "do not use game toc", but dolphin crashes when launching the ISO.

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I'd like to make my own stage select screen on the 4th page but i dont know where to start off doing that. can someone point me in the right direction?

TTGL_Kamina

Smash Rookie
I just downloaded 4.06 on dolphin and everything works good but for some reason the AI isn't working how it should, instead of being fast and having all the tech skill (wave dashing etc) its just normal AI like it would be if it were just vanilla melee. Is there a way to toggle this somehow so I can practice with good CPU's?

HyruleWarrior

Smash Rookie
Have you loaded a Melee ISO from this SD card before? Does the 4.06 ISO you created work fine in Dolphin?
My computer is too slow for dolphin. Previous melee isos worked before on my wii, but for some reason this one doesn't. Should I get Dios Mios?

Logo_116

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 First off, thank you so much for everything you've done. I've wanted to be able to program CPU inputs to practice specific situations since I started playing this game, so this update is a godsend.

I have a question about the random hold last feature. Is there a maximum number of frames it will hold the input. And if so, how many is that? I'm trying to make a replay of a Fox that dash dances a few times then short hop nairs at me to practice spacing around it. My idea was to use a random hold last during each dash forward to make the timing less predictable (and better simulate a real opponent). It kinda works but the problem is no matter how short I make the forward dash in the recording, the engine will pretty consistently insert too many frames and put Fox into the run animation, which ruins the replay.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 First off, thank you so much for everything you've done. I've wanted to be able to program CPU inputs to practice specific situations since I started playing this game, so this update is a godsend.

I have a question about the random hold last feature. Is there a maximum number of frames it will hold the input. And if so, how many is that? I'm trying to make a replay of a Fox that dash dances a few times then short hop nairs at me to practice spacing around it. My idea was to use a random hold last during each dash forward to make the timing less predictable (and better simulate a real opponent). It kinda works but the problem is no matter how short I make the forward dash in the recording, the engine will pretty consistently insert too many frames and put Fox into the run animation, which ruins the replay.
There is no maximum number of frames. It works off a percent chance. You can adjust the number in Debug Menu --> Training Codes --> In-game toggles --> Save States/Replays

The naming convention is a little confusing and should probably be changed but the percent chance value represents the percent chance to continue the replay. So if you set it to 0, the replay will never continue. Set it to 100 and the replay will never hold.

I'm interested in seeing the result of this replay you mention. It sounds cool.

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
(Sorry, i think i messed up the quote of my previous post, so im posting again.)
I followed the same process that i did with the 4.05 ISO. Having my custom hps files already created, i renamed the files to replace specific songs that already came with the ISO (Example: 6C, 65, etc.) Having replaced these hps files with my own, I simply used GCR to rebuild the ISO, and the aforementioned happened.
Afterwards, i tried building the ISO again ticking the "do not use game toc", but dolphin crashes when launching the ISO.

Logo_116

Smash Rookie
There is no maximum number of frames. It works off a percent chance. You can adjust the number in Debug Menu --> Training Codes --> In-game toggles --> Save States/Replays

The naming convention is a little confusing and should probably be changed but the percent chance value represents the percent chance to continue the replay. So if you set it to 0, the replay will never continue. Set it to 100 and the replay will never hold.

I'm interested in seeing the result of this replay you mention. It sounds cool.
Great, thanks for the reply. If that was in your video tutorials, I must have missed it (there was a lot of great information to absorb).

I experimented a bit and had the most success with the percentage set to 65 and using two last frame holds during the dash (recorded to be 8 frames long). It worked perfectly most times, but obviously due to the randomness involved there's no way to get the variance without ever going over the dash limit.

This feature has a ton of potential but I think with how tight most of Melee's timings are it could have more applications if it randomly held between 1 and 3 frames, or something like that. Then you could add in multiple ones if you wanted to hold for longer, but wouldn't ever risk holding for too long. Just an idea.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Hey Achilles, how did you get the new .HPS's to be a normal, small size? Is there a new app for that?

Top Bottom