• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

BJT

Smash Rookie
If I want to swap out SDR alts for other versions (some of MagicScrumpy's mods, for instance) where would I find the FSM data and other such stuff for the SDR characters?

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
Is there any option to put CPU to do ONLY combo DI? I saw Survival DI, Vanilla and Random but no one is for DI away all the time :(

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
How can I reproduce this? I just tried taking a human Falco and dairing offstage in a 1-stock match and it correctly gave a star to the other player.
i actually tried today too as well and was unable to reproduce it this easily. me and my brother are gonna do some testing and we will get back to you with something more concrete

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Would it be possible to have learning ai like this?
There's other AI in this forum designed to improve upon the AI, but none have really done learning techniques. It's possible, but it's likely that it would focus on one character, since we can't completely automate things like hitbox detection, hurtbox detection, etc..

Basically, a lot of what they have there is things exposed to the AI, because they wrote the game. We lack that.

Last edited:

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles, would it be possible to add in a toggle for Magus's physics mod that shows the joystick's coordinates on your last A press? It'd be pretty useful for practicing turnaround uptilts.

abysspartyy

Smash Cadet
Very nice work on this! I used the older versions and i recently updated and dang there are a lot of features!

I noticed that when you set stamina for players/cpus, they will lose a stock. But some special character like Master Hand, Crazy Hand and giga bowser don't lose a stock when their HP reaches 0

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What if you have that same problem with 20xx 4.05 on wii? Custom battlefield turns into brinstar depths and the Fourside and Hyrule custom stages are still standard.
Those stages weren't hooked in yet when I released 4.05. Custom battlefields are on the 2nd SSS page now. That was basically the hacked stage select images from 3.02 that I used for the 3rd SSS page. Behind the scenes code just hadn't been added yet.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
In the normal version of 20XX, Kongo Jungle 64 has a new icon as well has a half red half yellow border. Does anyone have a file that has the normal border, but the same, new icon? [See quote for what I mean]
Stage Select Screen Color Modifications[Achilles]
  • Color borders have been added to show [generally accepted] tournament stage legality.
    • Top = Singles/Bottom = Doubles
    • Green = Starter
    • Yellow = Counterpick
    • Red = Banned

• Past Stages Dream Land, Yoshi's Island, and Kongo Jungle have new icons that actually show the stage.
  • Pixelated background textures have been removed. Looks much cleaner now! [The Realest]

Last edited:

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
In the normal version of 20XX, Kongo Jungle 64 has a new icon as well has a half red half yellow border. Does anyone have a file that has the normal border, but the same, new icon? [See quote for what I mean]
MnSlMap.1sd_0x29c40_9.png

Like this? I made this a while ago for my build.

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
the half yellow border is because it's legal as a doubles counterpick (even though no one uses it)

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Ok hey

I play on faster melee and there is problems with the debug mode not seeing the text i mess around with all the graphics settings and no luck to what i want to do.

Does anyone have a link or pictures that show the gui and will allow me to set up a few things

Shaspoder

Smash Rookie
I have a problem getting this 20XX iso to play. It used to work flawlessly, then I had a friend create another iso with different character skins. When I replaced the original 20XX with the custom iso, the game wouldn't load, so I put the original one back where it was. However, the original iso wouldn't work, either, even though it worked just fine before. All my other gamecube games work just fine. I'm using Nintendont.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i never really go in debug menu, just realized there are different AI types. is there anywhere that describes each one? like what the difference between special link, freak, special samus, struggle, etc

abysspartyy

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else experience a crash if you use a character that does rapid jabs? I realised that after installing Magus's frame speed modifier using 20XX, certain characters such as kirby and captain falcon causes the game to crash when you do a rapid jab.

Does magus's mod conflict with any other dol mods?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Does anyone else experience a crash if you use a character that does rapid jabs? I realised that after installing Magus's frame speed modifier using 20XX, certain characters such as kirby and captain falcon causes the game to crash when you do a rapid jab.

Does magus's mod conflict with any other dol mods?
The problem resides in the fact that Crazy Hand makes no checks for the FSM mod already being installed in the DOL file loaded into the program, combined with the fact that the DOL placement of the injected FSM assembly code and FSM list by Crazy Hand is hard coded into the program, with no way for the user to change these values (that I have heard of).

One of the codes in the 20XX Hack Pack is to disable the rapid jab action state if the character is Falcon and the player is a CPU (so that the CPUs always Gentlemen). My guess is that Crazy Hand is clobbering the ASM of this code in the DOL when it writes in the FSM code or FSM list. If you want to disable the mentioned rapid jab code, write 0x7c0802a6 at location 0xD376C in the DOL.

i never really go in debug menu, just realized there are different AI types. is there anywhere that describes each one? like what the difference between special link, freak, special samus, struggle, etc
https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Melee/Master_Debug_Menu#CPUTYPE_SET

abysspartyy

Smash Cadet
The problem resides in the fact that Crazy Hand makes no checks for the FSM mod already being installed in the DOL file loaded into the program, combined with the fact that the DOL placement of the injected FSM assembly code and FSM list by Crazy Hand is hard coded into the program, with no way for the user to change these values (that I have heard of).

One of the codes in the 20XX Hack Pack is to disable the rapid jab action state if the character is Falcon and the player is a CPU (so that the CPUs always Gentlemen). My guess is that Crazy Hand is clobbering the ASM of this code in the DOL when it writes in the FSM code or FSM list. If you want to disable the mentioned rapid jab code, write 0x7c0802a6 at location 0xD376C in the DOL
Thanks for that! Also I have one other question. Is it possible to choose a different character for the 5th and 6th player in the VS debug menu?

I remember a long time ago you saying that loading different characters for the 5th and 6th player in VS mode doesn't work but loading the different characters through the vanilla debug menu does work. Is there any solution to that problem or is it unresolved at the moment?

BJT

Smash Rookie
I'm playing 20XX on my Wii via Nintendont on a BenQ monitor using a Sewell adapter. I set video width to 720 and turned on True Widescreen as this is what I was told would work and I'm now getting a really strange issue where the game is off-centre in menus and then the widescreen works perfectly when I actually get into a match. If someone could shed some light on what's happening it'd be much appreciated. Pictures below.

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
So, I'm working on a hack pack based off of this 20XX hack pack, and I have a few questions that I'd like Achilles, or anyone who worked on 20XX (or anyone who knows the answer) to answer.

1) How to make random stage select draw from from multiple Stage Select Screens? (For example, from MnSlMap.1sd, and MnSlMap.3sd.) On top of that, can one change what random stages are to be selected from, based on what Stage Select Screen they're on? (For example, MnSlMap.1sd selects only from default legal stages, MnSlMap.2sd selects from default and retextured legal stages, and MnSlMap.3sd selects from all legal and quasi-legal hackd stages.)

2) How did you make it so that, for example, when you select Brinstar in MnSlMap.1sd, it's the regular vanilla stage, yet in MnSlMap.2sd (i think?), it's frozen so the lava doesn't advanced. Also pertinent, is the a way to remove the destructible elements from Brinstar, so that the stage can't split, and the platforms are permanently locked in the down position?

3) In your entry on this page (https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ack-pack-v4-05-update-3-17-16.351221/page-129) related to changing what stages are selected on each MnSlMap.xsd. When you say MnSlMap.4sd isn't supported yet, does that mean you don't have any stages for it, the toggle for it is just disabled, or it's having problems working.

4) Can I make modifications to the CSS, so that, by using the dpad, we could toggle Silly Melee character data, SDRemix (I think this is already in?), balanced melee (when it finally comes out), and PAL (included for the sake of being thorough).

5) This isn't 20XX related, per say, but it's important for my hack pack. I read GodFed's tutorial on SFX editing, and I've done everything, but I have no idea how to compress the .dsp's back into the .ssm.

6) Oh boy, coding in new features:
A) I want to change the debug menu so it replaces the Language select, instead of tournament mode.
B) I want to change the custom music/music playlist so it replaces the trophies.
C) Change tournament mode, so that it functions like regular versus, except it disables all additional coding (except for PAL toggle, and crew battles [see below]), disables alternate costumes, and enables ONLY MnSlMap.1sd.
D) Change Handicap to instead be stock control (may already be a feature, I didn't see it in the original post)
E) Change "Auto" handicap control to "Crew". This just changes the algorithm so that it looks at how many stocks the winner of the previous match won with, and change their handicap to that, and change the loser's handicap to 4. (Not super important)
F) Add "All-Star Vs" instead of coin battle. Functions similarly to it's counterpart in Project M. My guess on how to do this would be to select each character in order, and this order is stored in the RAM somewhere. Whenever a player dies, it looks at the order, and overwrites whatever the current character ID (Not sure what the actual term is) is, so they respawn as a different character.
EDIT) G) Can I make a toggle switch somewhere that switches whether each character uses their respective .ssm file or .1sm file (or maybe Japanese .ssm)
EDIT) H) I'd like to add more alternate skins, like z-alternate, and a-alternate skins.
EDIT) I)
This would probably be the closest thing if someone could some how rig it so the color is determined by team.
I think copying GnW's outline effect would do a better job. It may be an effect within the actual costume file however, so might be harder to implement than simply changing tint.
This would be pretty cool to add.

7) Absolutely the most important question of all, do I even have permission to make a hack pack like this, building off of 20XX? I'll absolutely give tons of credit to Achilles, the 20XX team, and the multitude of other hackers that have helped me, and I'm naming it 20YTho, to reference it's base. I just want to make sure the 20XX team is okay with this.

To clarify I'm not necessarily asking for anyone to make these changes FOR me (though that would be sick, and I'd pay), I just need some help understanding the 20XX code, and how to make code changes myself.

EDIT) I figured out how to add .dsp's to the .ssm now, I just had to reread it like, 80 times.

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice
no, i dont think i did ssm editing, right? i know how, and i can help (it's just copying data from one file to another in a hex editor) but it's not in the vid

Morifija

Smash Rookie
I´m not sure if someone else has posted this already but I have problems setting up 20XX. Whenever I drag the vanilla melee iso to the converter, it starts to run the conversion but it then says that the .exe file is not compatible with my version of Windows. Have I done something wrong, or should I do something else? Thanks.

P.S. I have Windows 10, 32 bits

Last edited:

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
I´m not sure if someone else has posted this already but I have problems setting up 20XX. Whenever I drag the vanilla melee iso to the converter, it starts to run the conversion but it then says that the .exe file is not compatible with my version of Windows. Have I done something wrong, or should I do something else? Thanks.

Are you running the 32-bit/x86 version, or the 64-bit version?

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium

Try this:
1) download the 32-bit version of xdelta, unzip it, and put the exe file you get in the folder with the converter batch script.
2) open the batch script in a text editor, and look for the reference to the original version of that program, which will be just one line about half-way through the script that starts with "xdelta3-x86_64-3.0.10.exe". Change that first part of the line to be the file name of the new version of the xdelta program you downloaded (leaving the rest of the line intact; so there should still be a space between the file name and the "-d").
3) save the file and run the conversion again

Hopefully that works. If not, please post the error message that you get.

Morifija

Smash Rookie
Are you running the 32-bit/x86 version, or the 64-bit version?
Try this:
1) download the 32-bit version of xdelta, unzip it, and put the exe file you get in the folder with the converter batch script.
2) open the batch script in a text editor, and look for the reference to the original version of that program, which will be just one line about half-way through the script that starts with "xdelta3-x86_64-3.0.10.exe". Change that first part of the line to be the file name of the new version of the xdelta program you downloaded (leaving the rest of the line intact; so there should still be a space between the file name and the "-d").
3) save the file and run the conversion again

Hopefully that works. If not, please post the error message that you get.
It´s the x64 version, and my computer´s in spanish. I just downloaded the root files instead. Thanks for the help anyways.

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure its been asked recently already, but is there an ETA for a new version with the all features of 3.02 and 4.05 combined?

Goes without saying, of course, but certainly appreciate all the work regardless.

Here's a Stage Pack of most of the imports into the "Hacked Stages" select screen for 20XX. Comes with stage icons.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/atl6los7wa8zx15/Stage_Pack.zip

Added:

-Silph Co
-Metal Cavern
-Miiverse
-75m
-Metroid Labs
-Kalos w/ background
-Suzuka Castle

How-To

-Place all the files in the .zip into your 20XX root folder. Open GCR > Options > Check Do not use 'game.toc'.
-Rebuild.

Put the files into the root and rebuilt the iso, once i choose any of the custom stages it never leads. Just keeps me at the loading screen, what do?

Top Bottom