• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ninjasmasher03

Smash Rookie
Do you really want to add another SSS or do you want to modify the ones you have so that you can play custom stages and the images match the custom stages?
add. I'm running out of spots (Let me clarify. I'm trying to add SSS's to my custom Melee iso (not 20XX), though there is no thread, guide, or anything else on how to add SSS's into the game. This thread is about the closest so far on this.)

Last edited:

Lo5tik

Smash Rookie
I've made an updated video tutorial on how to setup the hack pack, Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I'd gladly put your donation link in the description or something. Message me if you want to talk about it :)

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Just an idea but would it be possible for the stage list to toggle FoD depending on whether or you're playing doubles? It's annoying having to take Fountain on and off when you switch between doubles and singles

Cohenski

Smash Rookie
My 20xx will often freeze during save states at seemingly random times. It is not just freezing from ledge and respawn platform related save states.

Also save states often result in grounded shines becoming aerial shines for some reason. I can reproduce both of these if you want more info.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I tried using some of the training codes in 4.05 with Sopo but the game keeps freezing
Can you post the exact steps for reproducing the problem(s)?
Just an idea but would it be possible for the stage list to toggle FoD depending on whether or you're playing doubles? It's annoying having to take Fountain on and off when you switch between doubles and singles
I understand this desire. I guess I'm hesitant to implement a feature like this because of the reverse effect: I'm assuming you would want FoD to be toggled back on when going from Teams to FFA, but what if the user doesn't want FoD to be toggled on at this time? Or if the stage select screen they are on does not even contain FoD? I think the majority of people would be accepting of this feature, though, which should probably warrant its inclusion. I'll think about it.
My 20xx will often freeze during save states at seemingly random times. It is not just freezing from ledge and respawn platform related save states.

Also save states often result in grounded shines becoming aerial shines for some reason. I can reproduce both of these if you want more info.
instead of saving a state with your character on the ground, try saving it when they are falling and in the air, just about to land. I honestly haven't experimented that much, but I think doing this helps mitigate the issue you noted of your character mysteriously becoming airborne. Loading and then entering the landing animation I think helps reset some of the necessary flags to what they should be when normally on the ground. Let me know if it helps some.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Please give a specific toggle that freezes your game (Dolphin?). I just tried real quick and couldn't get anything to freeze, granted I'm on 4.06B or whatever you want to call it.

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Does anyone know how to keep the game from crashing when playing the 1P gamemodes? Classic seems to work fine but All-Star and Adventure crash on me all the time.

Edit: classic has also frozen on me today

Last edited:

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to make the rainbow battlefield background off in the debug menu by default instead of on random? Wanna do it so I don't have to turn it off when I use my ISO on dolphin.

Last edited:

PrettyFalcoJodeye

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just loaded up 20xx (NOT TE, Training Pack) today and tried to play on PokeFloats but discovered a weird glitch: the camera on pokefloats zooms in (normally it sits in a fixed position)

Anybody else having this issue/is there a way to fix it?

Edit: I can use in-game toggles to restore the fixed camera, but I'd rather the stage snaps into a fixed camera by default

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey, I just loaded up 20xx TE today and tried to play on PokeFloats but discovered a weird glitch: the camera on pokefloats zooms in (normally it sits in a fixed position)

Anybody else having this issue/is there a way to fix it?

Edit: I can use in-game toggles to restore the fixed camera, but I'd rather the stage snaps into a fixed camera by default
Noted. Thanks.

Leyatis

Smash Rookie
hi i was downloading the newest 20xx and nintendont doesnt read whats on the sd card . it shows the sd but when i pick it nothing comes up. and i know i got the 20xx files and everything because it works on my dolphin help me please..

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Bug report.
4.05, only unusual setting I'm aware of was 1.00 mode.

Frozen mid-air, a la Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch. My hazy memory seems to think Puff's Dair collided with either my Nair, or a bomb in my hand.
In-game toggles were off, Master was on and not Develop or something else.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Bug report.
4.05, only unusual setting I'm aware of was 1.00 mode.

Frozen mid-air, a la Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch. My hazy memory seems to think Puff's Dair collided with either my Nair, or a bomb in my hand.
In-game toggles were off, Master was on and not Develop or something else.
Interesting. I haven't heard of anything like this, with in-game toggles being off. Try to reproduce it as best you can.

Dillyne

Smash Rookie
Is there a list of all the textures used in the current version? doing a bit of texture hacking and would like to have a list.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 bug report

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but theres a bug in the star counts for game wins/losses.

If I win a game against falco but the falco SD'd on last stock (like he dairs and isnt able to recover) he will get a star for the game. I think this probably applies to more than just falco, maybe any character ending a game by SD'ing gets the star.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I downloaded the version from the front page but I have a debug menu that looks like the outdated one mentioned in the FAQs: there are no training codes. Bug or did I install incorrectly?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I downloaded the version from the front page but I have a debug menu that looks like the outdated one mentioned in the FAQs: there are no training codes. Bug or did I install incorrectly?
On the css does it say version 4.05?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 bug report

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but theres a bug in the star counts for game wins/losses.

If I win a game against falco but the falco SD'd on last stock (like he dairs and isnt able to recover) he will get a star for the game. I think this probably applies to more than just falco, maybe any character ending a game by SD'ing gets the star.
How can I reproduce this? I just tried taking a human Falco and dairing offstage in a 1-stock match and it correctly gave a star to the other player.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
How can I reproduce this? I just tried taking a human Falco and dairing offstage in a 1-stock match and it correctly gave a star to the other player.
I just replicated this. I played a 4 stock match, lost, and I received a star. I think maybe the ai I got a star too. I was playing an ai, I hit the ai and then self-destructed without landing.

EDIT: I have replicated this several times now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom