• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Is there something special you need to do to make the cpu toggles work on Dolphin?I used to have 3.02 on my wii and it was working fine but after installing the newest version on PC I kinda miss the toggles so I went back and made an other ISO from vanilla for 3.02 and whenever I use one the CPU just stop moving instead of doing whatever I ask him to do.Yes the spoof P2 controller is On and I tried playing around with the Dolphin spoof controllers option sas well and nothing seem to work.All the other in game toggle work Including the *Reset P2 state*.

Last edited:

Devi$

Smash Rookie
Hi, anybody knows if t's possible to put 20xx 3.02 and 20xx 4.05 on the same sd card, it doesn't work when I try to rename the file "game.iso" to "game1.iso" to have both when I launch DMbooter.
My sd card has enough memory.

Thanks.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Hi, anybody knows if t's possible to put 20xx 3.02 and 20xx 4.05 on the same sd card, it doesn't work when I try to rename the file "game.iso" to "game1.iso" to have both when I launch DMbooter.

Thanks.
You don't need to name it game1, just name it "game.iso"

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
legitimate question

is there any advantage using dios mios over nintendont???

Nintendont is constantly updated and is much easier to setup, so i dont understand why people dont just switch.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
legitimate question

Nintendont is constantly updated and is much easier to setup, so i dont understand why people dont just switch.
Dios Mios can play larger isos.

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
legitimate question

I haven't been able to get gecko codes to work on Nintendont, but they always work on dios mios. Also music sounds staticky sometimes on Nintendont, where I haven't had that issue with dios mios.

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Could you post a list of the 4.0 alt texture file names? (in other words, a list of what trophies go to what character's L and R alt colors)

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Could you post a list of the 4.0 alt texture file names? (in other words, a list of what trophies go to what character's L and R alt colors)
download data texture wizard, open up your 20XX iso with it, and scroll down to characters. There should be a little 8 bit mario icon next to it. Expand that and there you go.

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
I know 20xx wasnt designed to work with single player modes but after exiting the home run contest css the game crashes, the actual home run contest works however

bowser123

Smash Rookie
20xx is bugged. I got it up and running but when I get to the stage select the cursor is frozen in the center. I can load up and play a game on Battlefield because it is already selected by default. I unchecked "allow cheat codes" and I am able to play melee on Dolphin but I'm not able to use 20xx. 20xx is bugged for me. Can anyone help?

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
2 questions.

1. Is there a way I can I can make Silly Melee based off of 20xx v4.05 instead of 3.02?
2. Is there a way I can replace the SDRemix characters is 20xx v4.05 with Silly Melee characters?

Ilde

Smash Rookie
is there a way to make the cpu tech in place shine all the time, in any of the 20xx? It always shines in the earlier version, but can't force the tech in place. In the newer one you can force it to tech in place, but it wont shine. Any ideas?

Doq

Smash Lord
2 questions.

1. Is there a way I can I can make Silly Melee based off of 20xx v4.05 instead of 3.02?
2. Is there a way I can replace the SDRemix characters is 20xx v4.05 with Silly Melee characters?
1. replace moveset files and FSM with silly melee files
2. same as 1, but with SDR files instead of vM

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
1. replace moveset files and FSM with silly melee files
2. same as 1, but with SDR files instead of vM
What are the moveset and FSM files? Like, is there some extension or something in the title I can recognize them by? Also, would doing 1 mean that I can have both Silly Melee and SDRemix characters?

I think I figured part of it out. The moveset files are the (in v4.05) .dat (no color afterwards), .sat, and .pat? What are the FSM files? Also, would I be able to replace the .pat files with Silly Melee?

Edit: So what I did is I took Silly Melee, and renamed every Pl*(no color).dat and renamed it to Pl*(no color).pat, and transferred it to 20xx v4.05. This was mostly successful, except for a few issues. (Note: I will be referring to the Silly Melee changelog)

1. Zelda/Sheik do not transform instantly
  2. Fox has normal laser firing speed "Fox's lasers have different start/end times"
  3. Fox cannot act immediatly out of side-B "You can act out of Fox side b almost immediately on the ground."
  4. Falco has normal laser firing speed (can't SHDL) "Falco's laser animation has been increased."
  5. Peach is normal (normal float time, bomber, short wavedash, turnips) "Peach has infinite float."
I literally started playing 10 minutes ago so these are the only problems so far.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
What are the moveset and FSM files? Like, is there some extension or something in the title I can recognize them by? Also, would doing 1 mean that I can have both Silly Melee and SDRemix characters?

I think I figured part of it out. The moveset files are the (in v4.05) .dat (no color afterwards), .sat, and .pat? What are the FSM files? Also, would I be able to replace the .pat files with Silly Melee?

Edit: So what I did is I took Silly Melee, and renamed every Pl*(no color).dat and renamed it to Pl*(no color).pat, and transferred it to 20xx v4.05. This was mostly successful, except for a few issues. (Note: I will be referring to the Silly Melee changelog)

1. Zelda/Sheik do not transform instantly
  2. Fox has normal laser firing speed
  3. Peach is normal (normal float time, bomber)
I literally started playing 10 minutes ago so these are the only problems so far.
The PAL characters do not have FSM data, and the FSM data for the SDR characters are elsewhere.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515

DCW

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. How do the custom upthrow DI toggles work? When I go to CPU Codes > Directional Influence and mess with the settings for DamageFlyTop I get these results:

Custom In/Out DI Chance= 100,
Custom Inward DI Chance= 0
---> full away DI

Custom In/Out DI Chance= 0,
Custom Inward DI Chance= 100
---> seemingly random DI

Custom In/Out DI Chance= 100,
Custom Inward DI Chance= 100
---> full behind DI

What's the logic behind these two toggles and their effects? I just found full DI away and behind by trial and error, but I'd like to understand how the toggles work so I can force any DI. Thanks in advance!

Sointesnes

Smash Rookie
Here's what I do.

How to speed up 20XX gameplay in Dolphin

First of all, if you haven't already, update to 5.0. It is better. You just can't use it on 32-bit. Sound will be weird, so don't use this for audio cues. Kill emulation, go to Dolphin config, go to the Audio tab, and set Audio Backend to "No audio output". Press OK.

Start 20XX. Play a match on FoD, lagless off (FoD is the laggiest stage). Frameskip off. You don't need to go MLG pro, just do a few things. Watch the percentage in the titlebar. This one (some things may vary):
Dolphin 5.0 | JIT64 DC | OpenGL | HLE | FPS: 60 - VPS: 60 - 100%

When it is slow, take mental note of the percentages it dips to. Do this until you find a pattern. Round that (preferably down) to a multiple of 20%, or to 50%. Mine was getting lag spikes at about 38-47% (Rockin' a 2009 MacBook :ohwell:), so I chose 40%.

Go to Dolphin config. You do not need to close 20XX. Find Speed Limit. It is in the General tab. Set it to that percent you rounded it to and hit OK.

Unfortunately, Dolphin does not allow to set this per game, so you need to set it back to 100% if you want to play another game. Or it will be sloooow.

Now, using a calculator or mental math, do 1 ÷ the percent in decimal form. So I would do 1 ÷ 0.4.
Launch 20XX if it isn't already running, then go to Debug menu and select "GENERAL CODES >". Now, go down to "GAME SPEED MULT :". Set that to the number in the calculator. In my case, it is 2.5000. Hold R to speed things up. Also make sure "SKIP RESULTS SCREEN :" is "ON". Trust me. You want it.

Now play and gameplay will be fast again. Everything else will be slow, though, but it doesn't matter as much. 20XX will be arriving much faster now. It isn't perfect, but it is better.

I got a newer version of dolphin, wasn't 5 but it fixed my frame drop problem. only drops 3 fps at most now. However the audio is still not working with setting it to no audio output

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
is it possible to add more stages like castle seige, sprout tower (from smash bros crusade), and the summit stages. all were gonna be added but sakurais time was up for melee

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Is there a way to practice IASA timings via the colour overlays?
Also, can I practice with one character only in 4.0? (dpad up doesn't seem to work)

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to practice IASA timings via the colour overlays?
Also, can I practice with one character only in 4.0? (dpad up doesn't seem to work)
The IASA frames can be enabled under the training tab in the debug menu, under color overlays, it's the second from the bottom, set it to whatever color u want

Tipsi

Smash Rookie
Thanks alot for creating this amazing mod. I can finally train now when my friends are tired of playing against me :)

I have a couple of questions, though.

In 4.05, the cpu's are wavedashing, dashdancing, l-cancelling etc. and that's good for practicing. But I also used to practice combo's by fighting level 3 cpu's in vanilla ssbm. Is it possible to change the cpu's behaviour to turn off their amazing tech skill?

Also, will there ever be replays in the 20xx hack pack like there is in the 20xx te? That would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!
Tipsi

EDIT: Removed 1 question because I already found the answer.

Last edited:

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
I got a newer version of dolphin, wasn't 5 but it fixed my frame drop problem. only drops 3 fps at most now. However the audio is still not working with setting it to no audio output
(Sorry for the late reply.)
That's the point of "no audio output". There is no audio. I wanted you to turn it off because it improves FPS.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Thanks alot for creating this amazing mod. I can finally train now when my friends are tired of playing against me :)

I have a couple of questions, though.

In 4.05, the cpu's are wavedashing, dashdancing, l-cancelling etc. and that's good for practicing. But I also used to practice combo's by fighting level 3 cpu's in vanilla ssbm. Is it possible to change the cpu's behaviour to turn off their amazing tech skill?

Also, I used to train my L-cancel's on a cpu/player 2 with handicap 9, but now handicap is replaced by individual stocks. Is it still possible to change the handicap or to toggle between handicaps and stocks?

Last question, will there ever be replays in the 20xx hack pack like there is in the 20xx te? That would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!
Tipsi
In the Debug Menu, under general codes, player flags, there are different options for ai behavior that can be changed for the different ports, I believe normalish is more like the original ai; but I don't think any of them are the same, but idk.

Tipsi

Smash Rookie
In the Debug Menu, under general codes, player flags, there are different options for ai behavior that can be changed for the different ports, I believe normalish is more like the original ai; but I don't think any of them are the same, but idk.
Thanks! I'll give it a look next time.

turds22

Smash Rookie
I downloaded and set it up as instructed. I am using this in dolphin. The stage select won't allow me to move my cursor so I am forced to play battlefield. Why is this?

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
I downloaded and set it up as instructed. I am using this in dolphin. The stage select won't allow me to move my cursor so I am forced to play battlefield. Why is this?
From what ive heard turn off gecko codes and the netplay code

Ripalaez

Smash Rookie

Thanks.
Name one iso "game.iso" and the other one "disc2.iso" and it should work.

Tipsi

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anything like this would even be possible, but it would be amazing if there was an ability to save all debug menu settings and allow for switching between saved settings. Because I often change the settings for made up minigames with friends, or training l cancelling or other training settings etc.

This way I could load and switch between different minigames settings and training settings easily and won't have to change all the settings everytime.

If there's already a way to do this or something similar, I'd love to hear it :)

Exact_Xav

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4785-6717-0508
Hey, I'm having trouble with the Stage select screen on 4.05. My cursor only goes vertical, and not even far enough to reach battlefield, and the hacked stages wont even load. Just wondering how to fix this. thnx

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Does anybody know a way to build an iso larger than 1.35 gb like 1.7gb? gcr limits the iso to a certain size.

Top Bottom