• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Gl0be

Smash Rookie
Changing the CPU types in debug menu isn't doing anything for me. For example if I change the type to Alt Normal or Stay, I still get the same 20XX CPU. Any ideas on why this is happening?

hemisphere

Smash Cadet
Did you try changing the AI type for the proper Player?

For example if your controller is plugged into Player 1, you'll want to change the AI type for Player 2, instead of 1.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9Oozt-3S3FcTFkbHpyT1dDNE0

Created these alt CSPs because I hate having to remember what all the costumes are. Also included all my GIMP project files so you can edit in your own skins with little effort.
thats cool and all, but what about the one you have selected whether it be R,L, or N, have them glowing or have the others transparency go down. so that way your eye focuses on the skin you have selected

DCW

Smash Apprentice
Cpu toggle suggestion:
Not sure if this is possible but I imagine it being super useful if we could have a record/playback cpu action feature for training like in street fighter. I suppose it would be like a more complex and in depth version of the cpu action spam toggle in 3.02, but if not too difficult and time consuming, I could see this being a really beneficial feature.
I agree that this would be a great option. Right now the CPU actions are limited to button mashes, essentially, which rules out any sequence of buttons like those required for a SHFFLed aerial or other sequence of multiple moves. How close or far away is such a record/playback CPU action feature? I hope it's close, because that feature would open up a world of training possibilities that we can't access right now. IMO it would at least double the usefulness of 20XX as a training tool.

Cohenski

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this is known already, but if I am using save states, there is a glitch where a grounded shine becomes an aerial shine after I go back to the save state. This only affects the first shine, but definitely disrupts a lot of the smoothness in practicing certain shine tech.

n0ir

Smash Rookie
so this may have been answered, but i have 3.02 on my wii and it is already modded, however i cant seem to find a good guide on how to replace the previous, older files with the newer 4.05 files. I do not want to just erase everything on my sd because i do not know what files to and not to erase. plz help lol

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
so this may have been answered, but i have 3.02 on my wii and it is already modded, however i cant seem to find a good guide on how to replace the previous, older files with the newer 4.05 files. I do not want to just erase everything on my sd because i do not know what files to and not to erase. plz help lol
Just start over, download 4.05 rebuild using gcr, and you are ready to put it on your sd. You don't have to do any of the stuff you had to do with different isos you had to do for 3.02.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 can I use frame counter with more than one percent if I'm in the stage alone? I remember seeing you post a pick of this before your update
No. I would like to make this happen in the future but you can not as of this moment. That picture I posted was loading 6 percents always. But I still need to hook them in and stuff and set up all the logic. I think I've been putting it off because I ultimately want to completely rewrite the frame counter code.
I'm sorry if this is known already, but if I am using save states, there is a glitch where a grounded shine becomes an aerial shine after I go back to the save state. This only affects the first shine, but definitely disrupts a lot of the smoothness in practicing certain shine tech.
Save your state as your character is falling about to land on the ground.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 itd be cool if the next version of 20xx had a play mode like this with the no limitations, infinite jumps and all the craziness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq3fY3Rczh8
Just replace the character file with that one. Or the PlFx.pat (PAL) file.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that'd work as intended. That specific mod heavily uses FSM and a code to remove the helpless state globally.

Just replace the character file with that one. Or the PlFx.pat (PAL) file.
yeah idk if thatd work, would it? and would you be able to toggle it on n off? id think that itd need some custom coding? i was thinking bout having it a mode in special melee

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Why does HPS on some songs in the main menu glitch out or just stop the song.

Is mainly the SSB character select can this fixed in anyway.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Debug>general>CPU flags (or something like that> then it should say CPU type, then set it to stay.
This doesn't work for me. The cpu behavior does not change. Also, if I try to choose a behavior right of "jump" dolphin crashes.

edit: fixed. Have to disable netplay community settings. woops

Last edited:

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Hey, is there a list anywhere of the file names for the L and R alternate costumes? I can't find it anywhere on this thread Dx.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
I can't seem to change Falco's L and R alternate costumes for his blue variant. So what I do is use GCRebuilder, go into the 20XX iso, import PlFcBu.lat and PlFcBu.rat, and click save changes, but nothing changes in game? I am using Nintendont.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
If I simply change the name of a character's skin file from .dat to .lat or .rat will that work to replace the alternate skins? Or is it not that simple

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Whenever I try to do that, it doesn't work for me. What could I be doing wrong? So Falco's L alternate costume is PlFcBu.lat, correct?
Use DAT Texture Wizard, import the file you want, everything is labeled, make sure it is the same color otherwise use CCC converter on DAT.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Whenever I try to do that, it doesn't work for me. What could I be doing wrong? So Falco's L alternate costume is PlFcBu.lat, correct?
Yes that is correct, that's falco's blue left alternate costume. The error is most likely due to something else. How are you replacing it, DTW? Melee Toolkit? GCR?

mtlerner42

Smash Rookie
Yo, I'm having an issue on Mac. OS Yosemite 10.10.5. I'm following the Mac guide up until step 6. When I get there, I go to image, click open, and there's no file. I've tried going into the 20XX files I downloaded and I can't figure it out. No files that are ISOs to begin with, and if I try to rename ISO.hdr to ISO.iso it works but the GCR tells me that it's too short and doesn't work. What do?

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Yes that is correct, that's falco's blue left alternate costume. The error is most likely due to something else. How are you replacing it, DTW? Melee Toolkit? GCR?
I was using GCR. Thank you for your help.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I was using GCR. Thank you for your help.
If its less than 5 files, use DTW, much easier and less room for error. If you're using GCR, export your .iso to a root folder, copy all the costume files into it and overwrite. Rebuild the root folder and you should be good to go. If you can't get it to work, send me a PM.

KWH

Smash Rookie
I've tried looking around for an answer to this but I've found absolutely nothing so here goes nothing.

How do I save my settings? I have had to turn on my "red flash on no l-cancel" settings on every time I start the game for a while now since I have no idea how to save them. This is on a wii hacked exactly like the post in the OP, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
Please don't tell me it's because I need an actual gamecube memory card plugged into the wii because I'd feel really, really dumb if that was the case.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
I've tried looking around for an answer to this but I've found absolutely nothing so here goes nothing.

How do I save my settings? I have had to turn on my "red flash on no l-cancel" settings on every time I start the game for a while now since I have no idea how to save them. This is on a wii hacked exactly like the post in the OP, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
Please don't tell me it's because I need an actual gamecube memory card plugged into the wii because I'd feel really, really dumb if that was the case.
Make sure you're emulating memory storage in some way. Nintendon't has a nice option in the settings before you boot the game "Emulate Mem Card" or something like that.

My question is: how can I change the game name (see picture)? I assumed it was just the Short Name shown by GCR, and that I could rebuild the iso with the short name changed, but it doesn't change in this picture. I want to be able to tell whether I'm using my iso for tournaments, personal, practice, or what have you.

KWH

Smash Rookie
Make sure you're emulating memory storage in some way. Nintendon't has a nice option in the settings before you boot the game "Emulate Mem Card" or something like that.
So, for someone using this exact guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit?pref=2&pli=1
and who has no idea what they're doing, what does this mean? Is such a thing achievable using MIOS DIOS? I'm really, really clueless about how this whole thing works to be honest.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Top Bottom