• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

alex9918

Smash Cadet
Do you happen to know if it's possible to replace the background graphic of the CSS?

Yam$

Smash Rookie
Yes but you need a 4GB or bigger SD I think.
Just make two separate iso's for 3.02 and 4.05 and you can rename them in HxD to distinguish between them when you open Nintendont.
Not sure how to use HxD think you can guide me through I've just been building the iso's on GCRrebuilder. is it possible to do it from GCRrebuilder?

Yam$

Smash Rookie
Yes but you need a 4GB or bigger SD I think.
Just make two separate iso's for 3.02 and 4.05 and you can rename them in HxD to distinguish between them when you open Nintendont.
Nevermind it was simple after downloading HxD thanks a lot.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
does anyone have the ISO on a pastebin or something? It's really annoying to build the ISO all over again

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with this whole 4.05 update. I've never had this before and it was nice to see that previous version weren't required for 4.05 but when I follow the instructions and get to the GCR part it keeps saying &&sytemdata not found. Can anyone help me with this? I've been trying to fix this problem for like 5 hours.

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
For some reason when I play this the controls feels so weird, i feel that the dashes are slower and theres alot of input lag

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
If by "borked" that guy means "doesn't patch Ocarina codes like it patches .dol files" than yeah. I do remember the Path of Radiance debug menu working perfectly with Nintendont, but that's a far simpler thing.
I might try injecting the code directly later, see if that works. And if it does, maybe the Nintendont team could be informed. (Button-activated codes would still be a problem with all the input emulation that happens, though)

Nintendont, DIOS MIOS or Dolphin?
One day some crazy person will answer "Burned disc running on Gamecube" to that.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If by "borked" that guy means "doesn't patch Ocarina codes like it patches .dol files" than yeah. I do remember the Path of Radiance debug menu working perfectly with Nintendont, but that's a far simpler thing.
I might try injecting the code directly later, see if that works. And if it does, maybe the Nintendont team could be informed. (Button-activated codes would still be a problem with all the input emulation that happens, though)
By "borked" he means "doesn't patch ocarina codes/gecko codehandler like dolphin/other homebrew loaders do."

I can try and get around to making a DOL for you to test including that code.

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
nintendont
What control setup are you using? Playing on a Wii or Wii U? If Wii, are you using memory card emulation?
I play on Wii U with a GCN controller hooked up to a third-party adapter, and it runs fine for me.

By "borked" he means "doesn't patch ocarina codes/gecko codehandler like dolphin/other homebrew loaders do."

I can try and get around to making a DOL for you to test including that code.
Hah. Well, I'm no developer. Just slightly more knowledgable than your average script kiddie.
Well, for everyone who runs Nintendont. If it was just me, I'd do it myself. :p

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
What control setup are you using? Playing on a Wii or Wii U? If Wii, are you using memory card emulation?
I play on Wii U with a GCN controller hooked up to a third-party adapter, and it runs fine for me.

1. wii
2.no

CrazyFabiO

Smash Rookie
Achilles, I bet it is on the wishlist for the next release already, but can you add some option to control the behavior of cpu foes after hitstun? Maybe even an option where you can select what move (aerial, special move, jump) they will use as soon as the hitstun ends.

Yarfy

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 What are the files you are using for the alternate costumes? I tried changing Falco's L-alt costumes using tymapA, tymapB, etc. cause that was what they were in 3.02 but that didn't work. Do you mind posting a list for all the alt costume files thanks :)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Nintendont (and Dios Mios) 20XX 4.05 users,
Please replace the DOL file in your current ISO with this one.

The only change it contains is the code from the below post that may be important for future updates. Just play matches like normal and let me know if you experience anything abnormal.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-147#post-21054183
N7Kopper N7Kopper

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 What are the files you are using for the alternate costumes? I tried changing Falco's L-alt costumes using tymapA, tymapB, etc. cause that was what they were in 3.02 but that didn't work. Do you mind posting a list for all the alt costume files thanks :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-144#post-21024017

Last edited:

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Is the Dreamland Skin that streamers and others on Smashboards somewhere?The one with the Twitch Logo and Smashboards Logo in the background?This probably isn't the best place to ask.But I'm wondering if someone here would know.

SacButtlet

Smash Rookie
Very confused regarding replacing music in the new 20xx..
All old tutorials or guides bring up deleting the MvHowto files and such and replacing them then in the audio folder replacing for example 'bigblue.hps' with an hps of the same name that you've created.
However, in 20xx 4.05 all the hps files are replaced by numerical values up to 76.
Is there any easy explanation to get your own HPS's into 4.05 or any guides I could be pointed to? Or a better place to ask?

derdian

Smash Cadet
I'm having problems with the CPU missed tech getups. I can set the CPU to miss tech every time just fine, but when I set the getup attack only to 100, he does both getup attack or getup in place. Am I doing it wrong?

Cray Z

Smash Rookie
So I downloaded 20xx but when I load up the iso the game is duplicated? used usb booter with dios mios. The actual screen shows the video input twice, next to each other. It doesn't do this for any other disc game or on the wii menu

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
This will not be available in the next release, but you should be able to add codes in from DOL area 0x407950 to 0x4086b8.
I've been trying to figure this out on my own but i can't seem to get it.

So I've found all the empty space in the DOL that you've specified and placed the item spawn code found in your post here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/custom-subaction-event-projectile-item-spawn.427019/

at 0x407950.

When I do just that, nothing happens when the command is called. In fact, it doesn't call any actions past it. Then, I used the code manager tool, injected the code a vanilla v1.02 DOL and compared it's hexadecimal values with an unmodified v1.02 DOL. I found 2 things, the first being the code was injected 0xBC9 (the first empty space the code manager found?) and the second was that at 0x6E26C, 80640008 was changed to 4BF92540. I assume 4BF92540 is the "branch" specified here:

Taking what I gathered from this, I tried replicating this process on the 20XX DOL and I got the same problem as before where nothing happens and it ignored actions past the item spawn action. I assumed the only variable here was the branch because it was the only thing not specified and could possibly be different based on where the code was placed.

Finally, I put the item spawn code in roughly the same spot as where it was in the vanilla DOL (a couple of offsets up because it would overwrite some other code) and placed the "branch" at 0x6E26C and here's where I currently am:

The action is supposed to give the player a bat but it seems to be failing part way. I've also tested this action on the vanilla DOL and it works so the action syntax is not at fault.

I guess my question is how would you go about adding this code to the 20XX DOL? I apologize for the wall of text, just wanted you to know where I was coming from with all this.

Enz0wn

Smash Rookie
I've been having an insane amount of desyncs over netplay with 4.05. Is there some new settings I need to disable/enable in Dolphin to stop all the desyncs? I never had this issue with 20xx 3.02. I'm even getting desyncs mid-game which is very strange. 20xx 4.05 is the only version of Melee I desync with.

Also, I changed the 20xx ISO to GALEXX.

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I've been trying to figure this out on my own but i can't seem to get it.

So I've found all the empty space in the DOL that you've specified and placed the item spawn code found in your post here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/custom-subaction-event-projectile-item-spawn.427019/

at 0x407950.

When I do just that, nothing happens when the command is called. In fact, it doesn't call any actions past it. Then, I used the code manager tool, injected the code a vanilla v1.02 DOL and compared it's hexadecimal values with an unmodified v1.02 DOL. I found 2 things, the first being the code was injected 0xBC9 (the first empty space the code manager found?) and the second was that at 0x6E26C, 80640008 was changed to 4BF92540. I assume 4BF92540 is the "branch" specified here:

Taking what I gathered from this, I tried replicating this process on the 20XX DOL and I got the same problem as before where nothing happens and it ignored actions past the item spawn action. I assumed the only variable here was the branch because it was the only thing not specified and could possibly be different based on where the code was placed.

Finally, I put the item spawn code in roughly the same spot as where it was in the vanilla DOL (a couple of offsets up because it would overwrite some other code) and placed the "branch" at 0x6E26C and here's where I currently am:

The action is supposed to give the player a bat but it seems to be failing part way. I've also tested this action on the vanilla DOL and it works so the action syntax is not at fault.

I guess my question is how would you go about adding this code to the 20XX DOL? I apologize for the wall of text, just wanted you to know where I was coming from with all this.
whats that custom stage called in vid?

Edit: never mind, found it

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
I dont know why, but i really wanted to access sandbag in VS mode. Maybe in the same way we can access the wire frames by pressing Z on a character?

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Ok Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and really anyone else that can answer these quick questions really.

My first question is whether or not it is possible to replace the legal stages like Yoshi's with a different texture but ONLY on the second page. I want to have alternate textures of all the legal stages but I don't want to replace the ones on the first page. I'm sure this is possible but I was just hoping someone could explain it really quickly or link me too where it has already been explained

My second question revolves around custom music but it is not about how to add more music. I've got that covered. My problem is that I want to add songs up to FF.hps but I ran out of room on my ISO. Is there anyway that I could decrease the size of certain files or make GCR ignore the max size or whatever. I don't want to replace any of the songs Achilles already added or any of melee's default songs if I don't have to so please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks for the help.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Ok Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and really anyone else that can answer these quick questions really.

My first question is whether or not it is possible to replace the legal stages like Yoshi's with a different texture but ONLY on the second page. I want to have alternate textures of all the legal stages but I don't want to replace the ones on the first page. I'm sure this is possible but I was just hoping someone could explain it really quickly or link me too where it has already been explained

My second question revolves around custom music but it is not about how to add more music. I've got that covered. My problem is that I want to add songs up to FF.hps but I ran out of room on my ISO. Is there anyway that I could decrease the size of certain files or make GCR ignore the max size or whatever. I don't want to replace any of the songs Achilles already added or any of melee's default songs if I don't have to so please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks for the help.
You should just wait until the stage texture mod is finished, he has battlefield implemented already with the others on the way.

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Set 2 stocks.

Turn on stanima with 999 percent in Player flags

Go to Mr. G&W's target stage with all the targets and crap turned off. (The All star mode place with the portal turned off works too)

And BOOM a Melee version of Street Fighter! Haha XD

Also i guess if you really wanted you could have a certain Pokemon appear to act as your Super/Ultra. Lol XD

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to make P2 hold shield on 4.05 beta? I can't get any of the codes working, not even infinite shield.

ultimamax

Smash Rookie
When trying to run 4.05 through Nintendont, I keep getting this "An error has occurred. Tur the power OFF and check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet for further instructions" message.

Sometimes I get all the way to the CSS but when attempting to load a stage or the stage selection screen I get the error. What could be wrong? I'm loading through USB using a virtualized memory card.

(Note that if I try enough times it seems to let me play eventually)
Memory card emulation and cheats are both off. It still happens. I can occasionally get it to let me play though. Do you think it might be the USB?
Still haven't figured this out. Any ideas?

Watt

Smash Rookie
Event mode training idea.

Shield Pressure:

CPUs spawn and hold shield forever, their shields don't reduce due to holding. But do reduce do to shield pressure. The shield will regenerate overtime at a rate that will make it so you have to have decent shield pressure on it in order to break it.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is 20XX 4.05 fully NTSC? I mean, when putting the SDI/DI behavior to 1.02, will the game have all of 1.02's properties or...?

Top Bottom