• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I wouldn't drop beta off until it has feature parity with 3.02, particularly CPU control codes and the ability to force CPU action on hitstun end (that's actually a little bit more than parity, i.e. just making them jump out of hitstun would be parity).

At least, that's the feature set that would make me not boot 3.02 again. Atm I prefer 3.02 for combo practise and 4b4 for movement practise (overlays let me see dead frames for a number of states I'm interested in).
4.0 has a survival DI option for the CPU. So you're better off practicing combos on that TBH.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Dios Mios is fine for most games. Only thing I ever knew it to have issues with is Wind Waker.

And you can't run Nintendont with Dios Mios, since Nintendont basically mimics the Gamecube kernel itself.
I have both, no problem.

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I think I can safely say that my issue has to do with Nintendont. It seems to be a common problem with Nintendont. My 20XX ISOs work perfectly on Dolphin, but just not on the Wii. I have a newer Wii, so I don't think I can try Dios Mios Lite.

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I have both, no problem.
I have both as well. Dios Mios is known in the speedrunning community to crash certain Wind Waker areas due to some DSP issues.

What I meant is that you use either one or the other, because they can't run simultaneously.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I'm unable to get R+dpadright to get falco to SHL on dolphin. Will try to set it up on my wii. Any ideas on why its not working? It just makes the cpu stand still and the only way to get it moving again is with L+R+dpaddown

ChaoI16I

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to have both version 4.00 and 3.02 on the same SD card? I downloaded 4.0 without realizing you can control the cpu to spam actions on it. Anyone know if its possible to have both versions and how I would go about adding 3.02 to my SD? Thanks in advance!

Doq

Smash Lord
Is it possible to have both version 4.00 and 3.02 on the same SD card? I downloaded 4.0 without realizing you can control the cpu to spam actions on it. Anyone know if its possible to have both versions and how I would go about adding 3.02 to my SD? Thanks in advance!
Yep. Just put the image files in separate folders (i.e. K:\games\20XX302\game.iso and K:\games\20XX400\game.iso)

If you want to separate them further, you can change the game ID of the 3.02 image. My guide covers this in its entirety. It's not recommended to change the ID of the 4.0 image.
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...es-id-and-name-and-more.365107/#post-17361219

Last edited:

ChaoI16I

Smash Rookie

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
How about Crouch Cancelling? Could we have a toggle for the CPU to CC everything? That could prove usefull for some stuff and deffinatly fits with what 20XX is trying to do.

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
I would not release it until it 4.0 has all the features of 3.02. If you do, it will fragment the user base. Would you mind telling us the barriers to adding CPU control in 4.0 beta? Is there just not enough RAM after adding so many other features?

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey achilles, I was wondering if it would be easy to implement a function where when the game is paused, it displays the name of the song somewhere on screen? There have been times where I'm playing friendlies with people at my locals or whatever and they ask what song is playing and I have no idea cause I've thrown so much random stuff on there. Very trivial question but I was just wondering if this would be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Hey achilles, I was wondering if it would be easy to implement a function where when the game is paused, it displays the name of the song somewhere on screen? There have been times where I'm playing friendlies with people at my locals or whatever and they ask what song is playing and I have no idea cause I've thrown so much random stuff on there. Very trivial question but I was just wondering if this would be possible.
Dan has found a function that can render text on any scene. He hasn't released it yet, and I don't think Achilles is aware of it. But once that occurs, it's quite possible.

ManofDapper

Smash Rookie
Is your SD card formatted to Fat32?

Well...you could try using Dios Mios Lite. Or try booting from USB.

I've never had any issues with custom music playing correctly on my setup, and it's frustrating that others are having problems.

- Dios Mios Lite (booting ISO off SD card). SD card formatted Fat32.
- Class 10 Sony SD card
- Booting from Homebrew Channel with Dios Mios Booter or CFG Loader

Has anyone using Nintendont not experienced problems with the custom music?
I downloaded the iso from the OP and followed the instructions in the download (Xdelta). I do use DMToolbox to get it on my USB. I boot from USB using the WiiFlow USB loader paired with Dios Mios. Its crazy because all of the Melee music works perfectly but as soon as I try to use music that you guys added in it only works MOST of the time.

D

Deleted member 337186

I'm not able to go to the file replacements download can you help by possibly sending a new link ?
The link for the replacements are clearly in the OP. If you are looking for the 3.02 replacement files, the link is a little smaller so try to look harder.

P.S. You may or may not be blind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I downloaded the iso from the OP and followed the instructions in the download (Xdelta). I do use DMToolbox to get it on my USB. I boot from USB using the WiiFlow USB loader paired with Dios Mios. Its crazy because all of the Melee music works perfectly but as soon as I try to use music that you guys added in it only works MOST of the time.
White Wii?

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
It seems like 20xx people are focusing on custom music than actual training . I bet if they didn't spend so much time with the custom music. the cpu toggles would be perfect by now. why do people want custom music? cant we just listen to the mp3s on our computer or phone... I just don't see any point. But hey I didn't make the thing and they can do what ever they want to, I'm just a player that just wants a perfect 20xx training pack and I am eternally grateful.

Doq

Smash Lord
It seems like 20xx people are focusing on custom music than actual training . I bet if they didn't spend so much time with the custom music. the cpu toggles would be perfect by now. why do people want custom music? cant we just listen to the mp3s on our computer or phone... I just don't see any point. But hey I didn't make the thing and they can do what ever they want to, I'm just a player that just wants a perfect 20xx training pack and I am eternally grateful.
Erm... it was actually Achilles' idea?

D

Deleted member 337186

There's no reason in complaining about the lack of 20XX toggles. Achilles has a personal life, and hacking melee isn't his profession, it's just helpful for people in the Smash community. We are discussing about custom music because people are having trouble with it, including me, so we want to make this the best 20XX Training Hack Pack so far.

D

Deleted member 269706

Well seeing as a lot of features aren't in the current build there isn't much else to do besides work with custom music. No need to get upset about it though, honestly before achilles we had nothing to train with besides the vanilla game itself and anyone who wanted to play. Give it some time and try and be a little more grateful for what we do have.

-NV

Smash Cadet
REALLY don't recommend it. It's a homebrew boot disc and a terrible quality SD Gecko. Because the included SD Gecko is so bad Swiss has to run in 16MHz EXI mode, which makes 20XX lag mid-match. Completely useless for practicing because of that.

If you really want to try it, get a decent quality SD Gecko and use a GC game exploit to load Swiss, like Zelda:TP, Zelda:TWW, Pokemon Colosseum, or Pokemon XD. Hell, you could even use Melee as an exploit game if you wanted to.
welp, guess thats not an option

I can still play it on a wii though right?

ManofDapper

Smash Rookie
Once again bringing up the music topic.

I want to add a custom song that plays during the menu/css. That's it. How would I go about doing so? I have looked at tutorials online but they don't really apply to the Beta04 iso.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble getting 20XX to work. It will run just fine, and I can set the L cancel stuff and infinite shields, I can also do replays, but the CPU won't shield grab, hold shield, or do anything. Btw, the CPU attacks me like a normal CPU. I don't know if this is normal.

I didn't use the Xdelta patch. Is that why? I just downloaded the root to my ISO

If I need to start over, do I apply the Xdelta patch to my ISO, rebuild, apply the root, and rebuild again?

Last edited:

pipN

Smash Rookie
You mentioned replays, so are you using 20XX Tournament Edition? If so, the 20XX Hack Pack and TE are totally different, with the latter having replays but no CPU actions/random DI. If you're not using TE, then you're probably using 20XX 4.0 Beta, which has no CPU actions (unlike 3.02).

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm having trouble getting 20XX to work. It will run just fine, and I can set the L cancel stuff and infinite shields, I can also do replays, but the CPU won't shield grab, hold shield, or do anything. Btw, the CPU attacks me like a normal CPU. I don't know if this is normal.

I didn't use the Xdelta patch. Is that why? I just downloaded the root to my ISO

If I need to start over, do I apply the Xdelta patch to my ISO, rebuild, apply the root, and rebuild again?
If you're using the Xdelta patch, all you need to do is drag your [unmodified] 1.02 ISO onto the converter bat script that comes with the download. After a few moments you should then have a '20XX 4.0 Beta04.iso' in the same folder. It's literally just the one step.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
If you're using the Xdelta patch, all you need to do is drag your [unmodified] 1.02 ISO onto the converter bat script that comes with the download. After a few moments you should then have a '20XX 4.0 Beta04.iso' in the same folder. It's literally just the one step.
I ended up just going back to 3.02, and I'm happy with it :)

The Smash God

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheZeldaNerd64
3DS FC
3969-5330-1671
Is there a way to load 20XX Training Pack the same way you can load 20XX TE on a memory card? I really want to use the training features that are non existent in the Tournament Edition but I have no knowledge of isos and hacking what so ever the closest thing to hacking I've done is homebrew channel and the multiple Brawl mods but that's all so if it's not possible to load it this way then maybe you can suggest an alternative?

Doq

Smash Lord
Is there a way to load 20XX Training Pack the same way you can load 20XX TE on a memory card? I really want to use the training features that are non existent in the Tournament Edition but I have no knowledge of isos and hacking what so ever the closest thing to hacking I've done is homebrew channel and the multiple Brawl mods but that's all so if it's not possible to load it this way then maybe you can suggest an alternative?
You can't:
- Get your Melee ISO
- Patch it using the xdelta patcher
- Launch Nintendont from the homebrew channel
??

(i.e. there's a crapton of guides on this. hell I even wrote one)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Dan has found a function that can render text on any scene. He hasn't released it yet, and I don't think Achilles is aware of it. But once that occurs, it's quite possible.
I figured this out a long time ago.

(Pressing D-Pad right while paused in 20XX 4.0)
Capture.PNG

I've just been dreaming of the best way to easy-implement this to other in-game toggle stuff, but haven't got around to it.
Once again bringing up the music topic.

I want to add a custom song that plays during the menu/css. That's it. How would I go about doing so? I have looked at tutorials online but they don't really apply to the Beta04 iso.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-113#post-20431568
The 20XX Hack Pack is not just about training. I want it to be a well rounded mod that highlights all aspects of Melee modding. I agree that custom music is not of utmost importance to the majority of users, but there are tons that find enjoyment out of it and people ask me about it all the time. Plus, I love subjecting the community to my *amazing* music taste :)
It's possible, but not in the current way I add songs and use song titles. Remember, that name data is stored in the character select screen file. So when your match is loading or you are doing a salty runback or something, the character select screen data might not be in the RAM anymore and the name of the song that is about to be played is nowhere to be found. The workaround to this would be to move the ASCII music file name data to somewhere in the DOL, but I would rather have that DOL space available for codes.

D

Deleted member 337186

I swear I saw this before, but how do u change the palette colors when u press l or r in 20XX 4.0? I changed the alternate costumes in the .lat and .rat files, but I want to change the background colors when picking those costumes so I'm not confused. sorry for al these requests btw...

Achilles1515

Smash Master

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I figured this out a long time ago.

(Pressing D-Pad right while paused in 20XX 4.0)
View attachment 99183

I've just been dreaming of the best way to easy-implement this to other in-game toggle stuff, but haven't got around to it.
Well shiiiiiiiit, I'd love to know how to do that.

I can think of probably a billion things I'd be doing with it.

Top Bottom