• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Another idea I've had for a while, since we seem to be throwing some out rn. A CPU command (once they're fixed) that tells the computer to only walk up and grab you would be amazing for practicing optimal mash-outs. Hopefully that's possible to program lol, I've heard Melee CPU codes are pretty funky. If it is, the extra mile on this would be adding toggles for pummeling and delayed throws, so you can practice reacting to different throw animations (stop mashing and DI properly) if you don't mash out in time.

EDIT: I suppose the last part wouldn't be as important in Melee though lol. That came more from a PM perspective; tons of 50-50 grab mixups, and kill throws (which would have longer animations, so a common PM flowchart is to immediately DI the combo throw first, and then react with kill throw DI). ...It'd still be neat I guess?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
one day I hope to open this thread and see "BETA 05 DOWNLOAD"

I check this thread everyday vv

the hype i have for the next release is unreal
My first thought was that it'd be funny to jokingly respond with "BETA 05 DOWNLOAD". But then I realized that, coming from me, it might not be recognized as a joke right away, and be a bit of a letdown. lol

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I've replaced the main menu music HPS files on my 20XX iso (menu01.hps and menu3.hps) with some of my own custom hps files that I made with MeleeHPS. Now, when I play on Wii sometimes the music (whether stage music or menu music) will play for a short burst and then immediately go silent. It will remain silent until I enter/exit the debug menu, which will sometimes fix it, sometimes not. Alternatively, if I'm in a match, I could restart the match with start+a+b+l+r, which again would sometimes fix it. Is it possible that did a no-no and shifted some addresses with the custom music? Strangely enough, I can't replicate this behavior on Dolphin using the same ISO that I put on my sd card, so may just be a Wii specific issue.I've tried erasing and recopying my ISO to my sd card, but to no avail. I realize that this is extremely hard to debug, I'm just posting this because I'm not sure if this is a well-known issue or not. I still have a version of my ISO before I swapped the music, so I can simply revert back if there's nothing I can do about it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've replaced the main menu music HPS files on my 20XX iso (menu01.hps and menu3.hps) with some of my own custom hps files that I made with MeleeHPS. Now, when I play on Wii sometimes the music (whether stage music or menu music) will play for a short burst and then immediately go silent. It will remain silent until I enter/exit the debug menu, which will sometimes fix it, sometimes not. Alternatively, if I'm in a match, I could restart the match with start+a+b+l+r, which again would sometimes fix it. Is it possible that did a no-no and shifted some addresses with the custom music? Strangely enough, I can't replicate this behavior on Dolphin using the same ISO that I put on my sd card, so may just be a Wii specific issue.I've tried erasing and recopying my ISO to my sd card, but to no avail. I realize that this is extremely hard to debug, I'm just posting this because I'm not sure if this is a well-known issue or not. I still have a version of my ISO before I swapped the music, so I can simply revert back if there's nothing I can do about it.
Answer these questions please.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-135#post-20913291

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
One thing I forgot to add is that the problem I described is when I turn off the random stage music setting in the debug menu, which is the setting I usually play with.

D

Deleted member 337186

Yes, when I go to /games/GALE01/ in my sd card I see "game.iso" I use DMToolbox to put the ISO on the sd card.
I wouldn't suggest using DMToolbox because it compresses the iso. You're better off running a clean iso so that you don't face any problems.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thanks for the reply. I'm loading from a SD, using Nintendont. On my sd card in /games/GALE01/ I'm booting an ISO. I use DMToolbox to do this. I'm using a 32GB Class 4 SD card if that matters.
Like Daniel said, try this.

Delete everything in the games/GALE01/ folder.
Manually copy your 20XX.iso file into that folder. Rename game.iso as always.
Play game and come back with results.

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried manually copying and renaming the iso. I still get the same problem. I think that manually copying helped a TINY LITTLE bit though, although it may just be my imagination. On my Wii, if I use start+a+b+l+r to restart the game, I usually get the bug to occur within about 3 tries on different stages. I still can't replicate it on dolphin at all though.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried manually copying and renaming the iso. I still get the same problem. I think that manually copying helped a TINY LITTLE bit though, although it may just be my imagination. On my Wii, if I use start+a+b+l+r to restart the game, I usually get the bug to occur within about 3 tries on different stages. I still can't replicate it on dolphin at all though.
Is your SD card formatted to Fat32?

Well...you could try using Dios Mios Lite. Or try booting from USB.

I've never had any issues with custom music playing correctly on my setup, and it's frustrating that others are having problems.

- Dios Mios Lite (booting ISO off SD card). SD card formatted Fat32.
- Class 10 Sony SD card
- Booting from Homebrew Channel with Dios Mios Booter or CFG Loader

Has anyone using Nintendont not experienced problems with the custom music?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

No problems to report here. Nintendont never failed me, the only issues that came up are when I didn't edit the MnSlChr file correctly, and when I messed up at making my own custom music, but the program itself never did anything wrong. With that said, I have only ever used Nintendont to run 20XX and custom music has never been an issue (I have over 50 songs added...)

Last edited by a moderator:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
No problems to report here. Nintendont never failed me, the only issues that came up are when I didn't edit the MnSlChr file correctly, and when I messed up at making my own custom music, but the program itself never did anything wrong. With that said, I have only ever used Nintendont to run 20XX and custom music has never been an issue (I have over 50 songs added...)
The only thing that sucks with Nintendont, is that when you try to use additional codes with 20XX, or any game really, a lot of them don't work... at least for me anyway.

D

Deleted member 269706

The only thing that sucks with Nintendont, is that when you try to use additional codes with 20XX, or any game really, a lot of them don't work... at least for me anyway.
What other codes are you trying to run? I feel as though many codes won't work on 20XX as a lot of the ISO has been completely reworked...

Cyiatic

Smash Rookie
Hi Achilles, quick question or two: Does the start.dol contain the "DPad down" and "DPad up" alternate stage thing? And if it does, I added the start.dol to a ssbm iso just for testing and i get a blackscreen. Any info on this?

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
My SD card is formatted to FAT32.

Are you using a USB or SD? If SD, what speed class?

Edit: Tried putting my files on a FAT32 formatted USB. I still get the same issue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Edit: Tried putting my files on a FAT32 formatted USB. I still get the same issue.
I'm using a 16gig USB 3.0, FAT32. Can you run a vanilla 20XX ISO without any modifications on it? If yes, you modified it wrong, if no, you have a problem loading from whatever method you're using.

D

Deleted member 337186

Is your SD card formatted to Fat32?

Well...you could try using Dios Mios Lite. Or try booting from USB.

I've never had any issues with custom music playing correctly on my setup, and it's frustrating that others are having problems.

- Dios Mios Lite (booting ISO off SD card). SD card formatted Fat32.
- Class 10 Sony SD card
- Booting from Homebrew Channel with Dios Mios Booter or CFG Loader

Huh. I almost never experience bugs with Nintendon't and I haven't tried Dios Mios Lite

Try downloading the newest version of Nintendon't and see if that works...

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I'm using a 16gig USB 3.0, FAT32. Can you run a vanilla 20XX ISO without any modifications on it? If yes, you modified it wrong, if no, you have a problem loading from whatever method you're using.
It was working fine until I changed the music, so yeah I might have modified it wrong.. it still works fine on Dolphin though, the sound won't mess up no matter how many times I restart. Wierd.

Huh. I almost never experience bugs with Nintendon't and I haven't tried Dios Mios Lite

Try downloading the newest version of Nintendon't and see if that works...
I tried the latest version which was updated to the main branch 14 days ago but it didn't do the trick.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
What other codes are you trying to run? I feel as though many codes won't work on 20XX as a lot of the ISO has been completely reworked...
Well marth sword colors don't work on Nintendont , but it works for dios mios

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Music in ND has only broke for me in ONE track and only that one track.

Cannot test DML because new Wii.
I have a new Wii as well (black one). Maybe this is part of the issue? I haven't tried Dios Mios Lite. It doesn't work with the new Wii's?

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I tried with a Class 10 SD card, tried 3.02 20XX and 20XX 4.0 Beta04 (which is fcking dope btw), still same thing.. using files I DL'd from the Complete Music and Sound Compendium thread. Specifically X vs. Zero and Eggs - Wonderland.

D

Deleted member 337186

What settings do you have enabled in ND? I had an issue with "Unlock Read Speed" and the music files would have a scratching sound and sometimes the music would just cut off.
BTW: You can update ND right from the application itself. Sometimes ND has the newest version rather than from the website.

Doq

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a 20XX issue actually.

I think it's an issue with the files itself. Sometimes people use MeleeHPS wrong and the files break sometimes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I don't think it's a 20XX issue actually.

I think it's an issue with the files itself. Sometimes people use MeleeHPS wrong and the files break sometimes.
I know it's not a 20XX issue, because it works fine for myself and others. Something might be a little different with the files, but then I would assume the issue would always be prevalent. I'm still confused by this.
I have a new Wii as well (black one). Maybe this is part of the issue? I haven't tried Dios Mios Lite. It doesn't work with the new Wii's?
Hmm. I'm using an old white Wii.

Is anyone having this music problem with a white Wii?

oksas

oak-sauce
just wanted to chime in and say thanks again for this really awesome pack, to you Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and everyone else involved. inclusion of SD Remix is absolutely awesome, and the new game modes are a total blast. spent a few hours last night playing Chess Melee doubles and it was pretty amazing. I normally really love doubles anyway, but Chess Melee doubles is just so much damn fun

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I think I may have found something that may be related to the issue. When I replaced "ystory.hps" in a freshly built 20XX 3.02 ISO, I could do start+a+b+l+r to reset the game. After resetting the game a handful of times, it would always play the same song as expected.

When I replace "sp_end.hps" for Final Destination, however, with X vs. Zero, it will play X vs. Zero when I start a match. HOWEVER, when I reset with start+a+b+l+r, it will play the normal FD sound. Is there some other FD file that I need to replace or something? I'm not sure how it knows the original FD sound when I overwrote on sp_end.hps.

jihaeng29

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the awesome hackpack, just to confirm, the 4.0 is still a beta and doesn't have the in game CPU toggles back in yet right? So 3.02 is the most recent stable version?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think I may have found something that may be related to the issue. When I replaced "ystory.hps" in a freshly built 20XX 3.02 ISO, I could do start+a+b+l+r to reset the game. After resetting the game a handful of times, it would always play the same song as expected.

When I replace "sp_end.hps" for Final Destination, however, with X vs. Zero, it will play X vs. Zero when I start a match. HOWEVER, when I reset with start+a+b+l+r, it will play the normal FD sound. Is there some other FD file that I need to replace or something? I'm not sure how it knows the original FD sound when I overwrote on sp_end.hps.
Final Destination: sp_end.hps
Final Destination Alternate: hyaku2.hps
just wanted to chime in and say thanks again for this really awesome pack, to you Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and everyone else involved. inclusion of SD Remix is absolutely awesome, and the new game modes are a total blast. spent a few hours last night playing Chess Melee doubles and it was pretty amazing. I normally really love doubles anyway, but Chess Melee doubles is just so much damn fun
People don't know how much fun Chess Melee is. I think it's one of the best things I've ever written. You always have hope in Chess Melee.
Thanks for the awesome hackpack, just to confirm, the 4.0 is still a beta and doesn't have the in game CPU toggles back in yet right? So 3.02 is the most recent stable version?
Beta04 is stable, but just lacks a few features from 3.02. Still, what it gives far surpasses 3.02. I'm thinking of just dropping "Beta" from the title. It's not complete, but will it ever be?

D

Deleted member 337186

wow. right after the discussion about ND's audio problems my wii starts ****ing up. i don't know the reason tho...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 337186

btw achilles is dios mios a good option along with nintendont? i'm researching and a lot of people say that dios mios isn't really that good. :(

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I wouldn't drop beta off until it has feature parity with 3.02, particularly CPU control codes and the ability to force CPU action on hitstun end (that's actually a little bit more than parity, i.e. just making them jump out of hitstun would be parity).

At least, that's the feature set that would make me not boot 3.02 again. Atm I prefer 3.02 for combo practise and 4b4 for movement practise (overlays let me see dead frames for a number of states I'm interested in).

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
btw achilles is dios mios a good option along with nintendont? i'm researching and a lot of people say that dios mios isn't really that good. :(
Dios Mios is fine for most games. Only thing I ever knew it to have issues with is Wind Waker.

And you can't run Nintendont with Dios Mios, since Nintendont basically mimics the Gamecube kernel itself.

Top Bottom