• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Have you managed to isolate the random character select screen freezing issue? That thing kills momentum and detracts from the appreciation of the mod. (I'm still in beta03 I think so idk if that was fixed or not).
What issue are you referring to? Completely random freezing? I highly highly highly suggest updating to Beta04. I fixed a lot of bugs with that version.
I noticed the 20xx update 4.0 beat04 has multiple selections for widescreen support. Do those those differ in any way from the codes made by Dan Salvato or the ones posted on the Melee Gecko Codes page?

Also no-hud (x+D pad down) and widescreen codes do not play well with each other, after a few seconds of play. The screen will revert back to standard aspect ratio mid match. Its seems to happen every time the screen flash effect happens.

Also once this occurs the only way to revert back to widescreen ingame is to start a new match, but now its glitched until restart to only work with no hud on, and will go back to normal aspect ratio once the flash happens again.
Dan's code multiplies the FOV ratio, or whatever it technically is, by 4/3. Those other options in the Debug Menu are for changing that ratio for the specific setup you are playing on, because straight 16:9 is not always optimal. https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/31lc8t/my_melee_looks_funny_an_in_depth_breakdown_of/

I think the problem you are having with widescreen mode is a result of the way it was initially coded. Dan used a flag that was set within a register, but read within a different function than the one it was set in. Another 20XX code must get executed between the execution of the two widescreen code functions, that overrrides the flag value. I rewrote the widescreen code to use a dedicated RAM flag a couple weeks ago and it fixes the problem. I have the HUD disabled, with widescreen ON with my personal setup (Beta05 I guess) and it is working fine.
I'm still unable to get hacked stages working. Any advice would be awesome.
In 4.0 Beta, all you do is go to the Stage Select Screen and press d-pad down/up. If it's not working, then you have codes enabled in Dolphin or have some sort of bad ISO file.
I'm guessing the answer to this question is no, but I'll ask anyway; is hackpack code available anywhere online? Is there anyway coders who also happen to be part of the smash community can contribute besides reporting bugs?

Are there any plans to make the project open source? Any legal reasons stopping this?
The entire 20XX code is just strewn about in various text files on my computer at the moment. I plan on eventually posting everything, but I'm sure it will be considered disorganized to anyone who isn't me. If anyone wants to contribute, they can write ASM codes and post them in the Melee Workshop. Then maybe just send me a message about putting it in the official build.

ArdentRage

Smash Rookie
I just installed and modded my wii and everything works fine! Thanks so much for having a clear guide here. I did spend a bit of time trying to figure out why the CPU toggles were not working, but then I noticed the note on the first post here. I let some people know in the ssbm tutorial guide comment section on youtube. Seems a lot of people miss that.

I was just wondering if there was any update on when the CPU toggles would be added back in? Should I wait or go back to an older version? Thanks again!

hanson933

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to access and of the color overlays (action state overlays/wavedash overlays) it crashes my Wii and crashes in Dolphin.
Does this happen for anyone else?

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Yes. I wrote about that before I think with the error codes from dolphin.

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Just a question (specifically in 3.02), when it says the P2 CPU will randomly DI, does this include the CPU in training mode? Thanks.

404House

Smash Cadet

Please note:
  • CPU action toggles are still not in the build.
  • New memory card data will be created, so manually write down anything you want to restore (e.g. CSS colors or something).

From Beta04:
- Stability improvements!
- Diagnosed and rewrote multiple codes that were causing freezes and other abnormalities.

- Fixed a bug where opponents from the "Team [character name]!" match, in Classic Mode, would not spawn.
- Fixed multiple other bugs related to 1P modes. They should be playable now.
- Fixed a bug where freezing would occur when opening the Debug Menu and navigating
straight to CSS CODES --> CUSTOM METAL COLORS --> RGB COLOR VIEWER.
- Fixed a bug where Mario's up+b walljump technique became easier on hacked stages with long, 90 degree
vertical ledge walls that include custom collision link flags.
- Fixed a bug where Jungle Japes water textures would not get initialized in 1P modes, if the
Hacked Stage Select Screen was active in VS Mode.
- Icicle Mountain being defaulted to fixed camera mode is restored.
- "Zoom" camera mode in Training Mode now functions correctly.
- Hyrule Castle 64 floors are now completely flat instead of very slightly angled.
- Ice Climbers no longer entry spawn directly on top of each other.
- Rewrote the "D-Pad Down at CSS for Rumble Screen" code. Should be stable now.

- Added the Beta version number on the Debug Menu main menu.
- Added stage name text previews for the [competitive] Hacked Stage Select Screen.
- Added the hacked stage names to the Random Stage Select Screen, when applicable.
- Changed the internal filename of the memory card save file. This means the 20XX 4.0 save file will
no longer overwrite vanilla Melee save files (and can coexist with a memory card exploit file such
as 20XX TE). GALE01 is still the Game ID, and will need to stay this way for upcoming planned features.
- With Skip Results Screen enabled and in Stock Mode, the opponent of the player who ragequit is awarded
a KO star (Games won star).
- Added an option to completely disable music, allowing the game to be played with no music and no SFX
without adjusting the TV volume.
- Added a "Global" music playlist option that, when enabled, is used for any music played throughout the game.
- Added the ability to specify custom x-axis DI strength for CPUs being upthrown, and attacks that put a
character into DamageFlyTop.
- Added a toggle for SFX on successful Auto-Cancel.
- Added the 20XX 3.02 feature for pressing Z while hovering over specific characters at the CSS to
enable Extra Characters.

- Peach = Female Wireframe
- C. Falcon = Male Wireframe
- Bowser = Giga-Bowser
- Ice Climbers = Popo
- Zelda = Sheik
- Pichu = Masterhand
- Pikachu = Crazyhand
- CPU Sheik and Zelda do not Down+B transform ever. Use the extra character toggle mentioned above to
fight against Sheik.
- Changed SD Remix Ganondorf from version 3.1 to version 3.2.1.
- Extended Name Entry code has received a large rewrite and update thanks to Dan Salvato. Misalignment
and display issues with symbols have been fixed.

- Part of the new code is disabling the rumble flag for specific name tags.
Rumble is now only set for the port and is not available for name tags.
- Even more symbols have been added to the Name Entry screen, combined with the
feature "Press X for lowercase".

From Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.?

From Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files?

Instructions for building the ISO in Windows, Linux, and Mac are included in the download.

Remember to please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

EDIT:
After creating the ISO, open it with GCR and replace the MnSlChr.usd file with this one.
Oh, that's cool. Didn't know my conversion guide would be used for something lol.

Anyways, thanks for the xDelta patch. A bit late to comment, but seriously. The root method takes a while because I keep forgetting steps. Works just the same regardless. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 337186

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 do you have a set schedule for the versions of 20XX 4.0 (betas), or are you just going freestyle when you release the beta updates?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 do you have a set schedule for the versions of 20XX 4.0 (betas), or are you just going freestyle when you release the beta updates?
Absolutely no schedule, which I know sucks for you guys. Sorry.

All I've been doing for the past month, in relation to Melee coding, has been AI stuff. They have a neutral game now. It's really cool. But if I stop, it will be hard to pick back up. So I must keep pressing on.

(this is totally going in the hack pack, btw)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 337186

Absolutely no schedule, which I know sucks for you guys. Sorry.

All I've been doing for the past month, in relation to Melee coding, has been AI stuff. They have a neutral game now. It's really cool. But if I stop, it will be hard to pick back up. So I must keep pressing on.

(this is totally going in the hack pack, btw)
dude don't worry! we will always continue to support you on your work. keep pressing on, and no rush :)

P.S. that's some f**king sick music right there. cant wait for it to be in 20XX 4.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bombar

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to change the alt stages in this pack? If so what are the file names and locations? Couldn't find this stuff anywhere

Last edited:

CarlSweatshirt

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this already exists somewhere, but could either a dev or someone that knows post the file names for each character's alternate textures? The first post still only lists Fox, Falco, Falcon, Marth, Sheik, Ganondorf, Samus, and Peach.

Woops, just saw the post above mine about Dat Texture Wizard. I'll try that, I'll post again if I can't figure it out from there.

Last edited:

Nydren

Smash Rookie
how would you hook up your game cube controller to this hack and use the gc controller to play. Also how do you make custom skins/colors for your characters to wear because I've seen people use their own, like C9 Mang0 used his cloud 9 logo on his fox.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
how would you hook up your game cube controller to this hack and use the gc controller to play. Also how do you make custom skins/colors for your characters to wear because I've seen people use their own, like C9 Mang0 used his cloud 9 logo on his fox.
You either have a Mayflash Adapter plugged into your USB port, or you have an official Wii U GC Adapter plugged in. From there, you can select the device like any other.

C9 Fox was an old skin on here, I think. Check out Melee Hacks and You for information on all forms of changes you can do.

Bombar

Smash Rookie
Just upgraded to beta04 and was wondering if the custom marth sword trails (red trail on red costume)were coming back, really liked those

edit: is there a reason this was removed? kinda bummed, red marth with a blue sword feels weird now lol

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Would it be possible to make an in game toggle that made the CPU always spot-dodge immediately after a tech? Either that or have them randomly spot dodge in place as a default behavior? I think that would make tech chase practice even more effective.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Just upgraded to beta04 and was wondering if the custom marth sword trails (red trail on red costume)were coming back, really liked those

edit: is there a reason this was removed? kinda bummed, red marth with a blue sword feels weird now lol
Make a GALE01.gct of this code, or add it to your code config for dolphin. I've been using this with beta04 no problem.

Costume Dependent Marth Sword Swing Colors (1.02) [Achilles]
C2136510 0000000F
3DC0FF00 61CEFFFF
7C007000 40820060
39E5E181 89EF0000
2C0F0001 40820010
3C60FF00 6063BE0C
3C001900 2C0F0002
40820010 3C60FF00
60638DD5 3C002E00
2C0F0003 40820010
3C60FF00 6063F7E1
3C008300 2C0F0004
40820010 3C60FF00
60637D77 3C00C800
6000FFFF 94650008
60000000 00000000

Bombar

Smash Rookie
Make a GALE01.gct of this code, or add it to your code config for dolphin. I've been using this with beta04 no problem.

C2136510 0000000F
3DC0FF00 61CEFFFF
7C007000 40820060
39E5E181 89EF0000
2C0F0001 40820010
3C60FF00 6063BE0C
3C001900 2C0F0002
40820010 3C60FF00
60638DD5 3C002E00
2C0F0003 40820010
3C60FF00 6063F7E1
3C008300 2C0F0004
40820010 3C60FF00
60637D77 3C00C800
6000FFFF 94650008
60000000 00000000
Thank You, I will try this soon!

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I go to YS in training mode as Falco, the game goes black and white and freezes soon after. Anyone know what is causing this/ how to fix it? Thank you.

Bombar

Smash Rookie

C2136510 0000000F
3DC0FF00 61CEFFFF
7C007000 40820060
39E5E181 89EF0000
2C0F0001 40820010
3C60FF00 6063BE0C
3C001900 2C0F0002
40820010 3C60FF00
60638DD5 3C002E00
2C0F0003 40820010
3C60FF00 6063F7E1
3C008300 2C0F0004
40820010 3C60FF00
60637D77 3C00C800
6000FFFF 94650008
60000000 00000000
Wait sorry one question, can I do this on a wii with nintendont?

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , when L or R is pressed for the alternate costumes on the CSS, the background for that character changes colors. Could you tell me where those textures are located? I can't find them. Or are they just hex edits in MnSlCh.usd when L or R is pressed? I would really appreciate your help! Thanks.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , when L or R is pressed for the alternate costumes on the CSS, the background for that character changes colors. Could you tell me where those textures are located? I can't find them. Or are they just hex edits in MnSlCh.usd when L or R is pressed? I would really appreciate your help! Thanks.
It's one grayscale texture in MnSlChr at 0x33ce40. Achilles' code changes the colors of the texture by hex edits on the fly, the colors for which are stored in a look-up table, explained here. Except the table now starts at 0x3a3c90 in MnSlChr.usd, rather than in the DOL.

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to change song titles. I replaced some songs on my 20XX and I wanted to change the titles so instead of saying "Icicle Mountain" on the debug menu it says the name of the song I replaced it with. This would make adding songs to stage playlists so much easier since I would easily recognize which is which.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Scar

#HarveyDent
Hey Achilles, played 20XX Update 4 at Toph's place and I congratulate you on everything you've accomplished, 20XX is truly changing everything.

I'd like to request new computer behavior that I think is extremely important to the efficacy of the training pack.
  • Current Behavior: P2 CPU mixes up DI, mixes up techs. Fox and Falco shine immediately after tech.
  • Proposed Behavior: P2 CPU mixes up DI, mixes up techs. All characters sidestep immediately after tech.
I think this behavior is strictly better than shine. Most importantly, this enables real tech chasing practice vs all characters, not just Fox / Falco. Additionally I find that I often think my tech chasing is better than it is, because if I'm late on my tech chase, spaced grab beats shine but loses to sidestep.

Is there any argument against this proposed change (besides more work / not as important as other work), and is there anything I can do to convince you that this is the best change that could be made for 20XX Update 4?

Top Bottom