• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
How did you get the stage select screen to not have a glitched background? Usually loading it up with nintendont or in general any usb loader causes that, but in 4.0 its gone. Is it possible to reproduce?

Flossy

Smash Cadet
While the random DI option is nice, I sometimes want di that goes all the way out or in, but it happens rather rarely. Do you think you could do a "modified random" where it just does hard left, hard right, slight behind, and no di? It would be useful in figuring out followups that work, while true random is useful for practicing.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Which files pertain to the content of the debug menu? In theory, unless the debug menu has the gameplay codes itself, not transferring the debug menu would allow this to work with TE as well.

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
While the random DI option is nice, I sometimes want di that goes all the way out or in, but it happens rather rarely. Do you think you could do a "modified random" where it just does hard left, hard right, slight behind, and no di? It would be useful in figuring out followups that work, while true random is useful for practicing.
this would be nice. for the time being we have to practice them seperately. you can get a 50/50 full left/right with survival DI, but yeah there's no super good way right now

n0ne

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515
Whats the main difference from still keep using your 20xx builds as compared to using 20xxTE?
any main advantage/disadvantage?

btw, been using your releases since the 2.00 days, thx for all the work you've put into everything you've given us

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Whats the main difference from still keep using your 20xx builds as compared to using 20xxTE?

btw, been using your releases since the 2.00 days, thx for all the work you've put into everything you've given us
20XX is more for training, 20XXTE is for memory card usage for tournaments (on gamecube, something that isn't possible for the training pack).

I feel the biggest 2 differences are: Tournament utility, Gamecube only accessibility for 20XXTE, almost everything else should be superior on the training pack.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
20XX is more for training, 20XXTE is for memory card usage for tournaments (on gamecube, something that isn't possible for the training pack).

I feel the biggest 2 differences are: Tournament utility, Gamecube only accessibility for 20XXTE, almost everything else should be superior on the training pack.
The only thing that TE can do that 20XX can't is use replays, right?

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that TE can do that 20XX can't is use replays, right?
excluding the tournament-related stuff, like locking further settings modification, then surely. I'm pretty sure it's a very big code, and 20XX training pack has a lot already.

kardus

Smash Rookie

20XX works fine on soft- or hard-modded gamecubes, either directly loaded from an ISO or from a disc backup.

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Just a quick couple notes about 4.03 from some behavior we've encountered.

(4.03) Ran into a situation last night where an older 7 character tag (generated in 3.x with d-pad commands) bugged out when a person changed the rumble settings for that specific tag in the rumble menu.
The tag displayed only the first 4 characters on the select screen, then toggled between two different 8 character combinations each match.

I'll have to see what happens with newly generated tags.

(4.03) Additionally, Ice Climbers spawn platform was awkward last I knew and desyncs the climbers differently as they spawn.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just a quick couple notes about 4.03 from some behavior we've encountered.

(4.03) Ran into a situation last night where an older 7 character tag (generated in 3.x with d-pad commands) bugged out when a person changed the rumble settings for that specific tag in the rumble menu.
The tag displayed only the first 4 characters on the select screen, then toggled between two different 8 character combinations each match.

I'll have to see what happens with newly generated tags.

(4.03) Additionally, Ice Climbers spawn platform was awkward last I knew and desyncs the climbers differently as they spawn.
Thanks for letting me know about the Ice Climbers spawn problem! (I never play as them....)

8 character nametags in 3.02 were 16 bytes long. The vanilla 4 character nametags have a length of 8 bytes. The extra length of the 8 character nametags caused the rumble on/off byte to be overwritten. To deal with this fact in 3.02, I moved the rumble byte flag to a lower location in the specific nametag data. With Dan's new extended name entry code, you can fit 8 character nametags in 8 bytes (sadly, this isn't the case when you start using symbols), so I removed the code to change the rumble location. When you go to the rumble screen and flip the flag on/off, it stores new values into the 3.02 nametags when the location remains in it's vanilla location.

EDIT: Fixed the ice climber spawn issue. The Icies spawn 10 meleemeters apart, if you're curious.

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Thanks for letting me know about the Ice Climbers spawn problem! (I never play as them....)

8 character nametags in 3.02 were 16 bytes long. The vanilla 4 character nametags have a length of 8 bytes. The extra length of the 8 character nametags caused the rumble on/off byte to be overwritten. To deal with this fact in 3.02, I moved the rumble byte flag to a lower location in the specific nametag data. With Dan's new extended name entry code, you can fit 8 character nametags in 8 bytes (sadly, this isn't the case when you start using symbols), so I removed the code to change the rumble location. When you go to the rumble screen and flip the flag on/off, it stores new values into the 3.02 nametags when the location remains in it's vanilla location.

EDIT: Fixed the ice climber spawn issue. The Icies spawn 10 meleemeters apart, if you're curious.
Thanks for the quick response. I don't think I would have ever known it was 10 meleemeters :p
I don't play Icies either, but the one who does noticed immediately.
I'll go ahead and replace the old tags, thanks for the info!

samoht

Smash Rookie
I feel like the random DI does waay too much inbetween / really small trajectory changes instead of the normal full direction. Atleast notice this when practicing marth/spacie chain grabs

-Stavo-

Smash Rookie
guys how do i change the name of the game in gcrebuilder ????
if your looking to change the game id, itd be best to download a hex editor and do it from there, its simple and p easy, heck i just change mine to GALE00

8_bit_D

Smash Rookie
NNID
8-bit-D
Yo so I have been using 20XX for a while and I've never had an issue until now. The commands for P2 actions aren't working properly, and cause the P2 to go into stand and not move. I reinstalled with beta03 and even got a new iso. Any ideas?

20LC

Smash Cadet
Yo so I have been using 20XX for a while and I've never had an issue until now. The commands for P2 actions aren't working properly, and cause the P2 to go into stand and not move. I reinstalled with beta03 and even got a new iso. Any ideas?
P2 action spam has not been added to the latest build yet.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Need input from you guys regarding the newly rewritten Skip Results Screen code, and more specifically, the KO Stars = Games Won portion of the code.

What is the absolute best way to handle ragequits?
a) Keep it the way it is, nobody gets stars
b) Ragequitter gets one star subtracted
c) Ragequitter's opponent gains a star
d) Something else

Please let me know. Don't post anything if
I'd like 20xx to load up for me default set to Time 25:00 instead of 4 stocks but this is something that isn't saved. So that functionality isn't there yet but maybe in the future!
Would you want to set these in the Debug Menu?

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I
Need input from you guys regarding the newly rewritten Skip Results Screen code, and more specifically, the KO Stars = Games Won portion of the code.

d) Something else

Id basically just like it to save what i choose on to the memory card if possible. Just when i change those values save to card and default to that next time.

If that's not possible setting in debug menu is okay as long as it saves it and you don't have to change it every restart.

On subject of ko stars ragequit opponent gets star if ragequitters stocks = 3 or less that way you can still quit out of a stage if you just don't wanna play there

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti

d) Something else

B would be the best because if he ragequits, he will lose a star for not being polite or just not being patient for the kill (or you could do b + c together).

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman

d) Something else

If a person quits, in every game known to man so far, that is the equivalent to waving the white flag.

The opponent should get a single star.

ANSWER = C
___

I also would like to selfishly ask to know what the code looks like once completed if possible >.>

..would make a previous code request null

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
If a person quits, in every game known to man so far, that is the equivalent to waving the white flag.

The opponent should get a single star.

ANSWER = C
___

I also would like to selfishly ask to know what the code looks like once completed if possible >.>

..would make a previous code request null
Dying by an attack and ragequitting before you die is stupid, but ragequitting before anything has happened IS waving the white flag.

If you ragequit, you should lose a star, meaning the other person has a +1 star because if you both were with the same amount of stars, he would now break the tie and have 1 more star, but in the end, it's all the same.

-Stavo-

Smash Rookie

d) Something else

just straight up a rage quit leads to the other person getting a star, i bet itd be hell to write a code to be stock specific so just a gained star would be beautiful

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)

d) Something else

It won't be perfect no matter which way it's done since there'll be situations where someone didn't quit because they lost or gave up, and you can't automatically determine when that is, but I think the opponent of the one who quits getting a star would be the most appropriate overall.

Still a **** move.
It isn't even a ragequit in that situation. Literally nothing you do at that point can change the result; both players know you've lost and you're just making it more expedient/convenient for everyone. It's essentially the same as skipping the results screen (which has the same effect of not actually displaying the winner, but is faster and everyone knows who won anyway). Another comparison would be deliberately recovering into the blastline in order to die faster when it's completely impossible for you to recover.

Like skipping the results screen, it's especially welcomed when playing 50 back-to-back friendlies.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Dying by an attack and ragequitting before you die is stupid, but ragequitting before anything has happened IS waving the white flag.

If you ragequit, you should lose a star, meaning the other person has a +1 star because if you both were with the same amount of stars, he would now break the tie and have 1 more star, but in the end, it's all the same.
I'll put this very simply: We don't have negatives. Taking away stars without having negatives leads to inaccurate star win counts.

C is the best option.

Also, I've had a friend of mine rage quit on me right before losing his first stock -- I did a combo on him almost immediately after game start and he got really salty -__-'|l

If anything, have it so that no one gains stars dynamically (for cases of mutual agreement) if a secondary controller holds the [R and L?] at the same time as the primary controller in charge of the salty runback/rage quit.

Though, there may be situations where players might salty runback at the same time so I don't really know if that last bit is necessary/ideal but if you can find a button combination that fits both criteria then that'd be the best...

...buuut winners might also salty runback for whatever reason? But that seems to only happen during the "GAME (end)" announcement. Ahh @___@

I've stalemated myself. Someone help .__.

Well ignoring those last two criteria and putting instructions somewhere would make the code more simple..

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Hello !

I'm trying to do some texture modification on the pack, but I can't seem to change the no transformation pokemon stadium via dat texture wizzard
(The texture wizzard shows that pokemon stadium is changed correctly, but the stage stays green)
Is the "real stage" moved somewhere else in the iso?

No transformation Pokemon Stadium isn't the japanese pkmn stadium?

Also, I can't access character texture(dat) for some reason
(Edit : I've managed to change the character texture via GCR : ) now I just need to find the name of the no transform pokemon stadium )

Second edit: I've been messing with the file a bit, apparently No transform pokemon stadium loads the same stage as normal pkmn stadium(I've tried to change texture on that one and it show on both)

Is there anyway to redirect the pokemon stadium value to the japanese stage, using hex edit?

I'm using a modified select screen(the one from the pal com build), but the stage value/offset in the main.dol is

0x3ED8EC
02 0F 0F F0

Is there a way to redirect that to the japanese pkmn stadium with no transform? Or to separate the texture from the regular and the no transform one?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is the random DI different in some way from the previous version of 20XX? When I chain throw spacies in the newest version,it seems like they almost never DI anywhere other than very slightly away from me. In the previous version they would full DI in directions a lot more frequently. Is there any way to change this? It makes me want to just sue my old 20XX.

Honestly, for the most part it's great, but I suppose I'm wondering if there's any way you guys could set priority for DI options to practice specific things, similar to the teching option priority you guys made? That would be amazing. Anyways, great work on this new update =)
Yes, the random DI is different and was rewritten. Behind the scenes, it's a lot better. What you were experiencing in 3.02 was due to "exceptions" to the random DI code that I added in. Basically along the lines of "If this character is being upthrown, then add in a % chance to DI full left/right before applying random". This made the full left/right DI happen more frequently on upthrows.

This special % chance to DI full left/right has not returned to 20XX 4.0, but it sounds like it needs to. Do you think it would suffice if I made the "% chance" a Debug Menu toggle value, similar to the teching options?

Thanks for the feedback.
whatever sinks your ship
This def made me lol.
I have a few questions.

I'm running 4.0 b3 and it works like a charm. This is probably the best game I've ever played. I was just wondering how do I play as Giga Bowser, Nana and Sheik from the start? It used to be Z, but now it does nothing. I realize these may be puny codes, but I used them a whole lot.

Also, with infinite jumps and no freefall, it really reminds one of Turbo mode from Project M. Will Turbo mode make an appearance in future updates? Will TE's replay system/input display be added? I mean, while we're making the best Smash mod out there, might as well.
No plans for Turbo Mode at the moment.

TE has replays and an on-screen button input display for all characters. These are the main things it has that the 20XX Hack Pack doesn't at the moment. Also, TE is very accessible as you do not need a hacked Wii/Gamecube to run it.

Hack Pack has all the training features, CPU DI and teching, alt costumes, new stages, new competitive games modes in the Special Melee menu, music playlists for stages and can add like 200 music files to the game, ability to modify Battlefield's platforms for training/competitive play (in 4.0 you can modify the x/y location and size scale of the platforms) and just a bunch of other stuff. Once I finish more things for 4.0, I'll get around to writing the full feature list on the OP.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman

I added a MD5 check in the script, so it will make sure the ISO provided is truly vanilla v1.02 (which could cause problems if it isn't). It can be bypassed if the user really wants though.

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script.

This build contains what Achilles has released so far, so if you've been following along and updating with all the files he's posted, you don't need this.

Included updates from Achilles from Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.​

Included updates from Achilles from Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​
Please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

Btw, support for 20XX 4.0 will be added to DTW3 in the next version. So if there's still confusion, that should help a lot for seeing which files need to be replaced for various costumes. I also have another surprise along those lines. Primarily there are two things I want to finish before I release the update, but I don't think it will be too long.

When I said, "confused the statement" I was referring to my statement that you had originally quoted. Just look again at my post you originally quoted here, and it should make more sense. :p
For some reason hacked stages dont work for me
Using Dolphin 4.0-8297 (most recent version on the date of posting this, not the smashladder version)
I go into the stage select screen and d-pad down does absolutely nothing, even tried rebuilding the iso.

JipC

Smash Journeyman

TE lacks a ton of features that the 20XX hack pack does. TE is more just for playing on + replays, hack pack is for training.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
If the most popular choice is that the ragequitter's opponent gets a star, what happens where there's more than one opponent? Would multiple people get stars, even though there can only be one? Personally, I'm a fan of no change in stars, since I only quit out early if I'm practicing against CPUs or playing an infinite time match (and none of my friends tend to ragequit, which might be why I have this opinion).

I do think the games won tally is important, especially considering that the removal of the results screen creates trouble in figuring out who won in close matches (i.e. Sudden Death). Would it be possible to implement winner by lowest percent upon time-out? I imagine that's been investigated.

Top Bottom