• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
i'vr noticed thatwhen i turn on custom stages in the debug menu/ texture hacks, they dont work? is there something extra i need to do or are they just not working yet?
Nope, they just haven't been added in yet. Only Battlefield's texture hacks are included for now. If you're itching for more stages/skins, check the text at the bottom of the stage select screen. Down on D-pad loads the hacked stagelist (includes custom Battlefields, PM WarioWare, SDR Green Greens, Non-transforming Pokemon Stadium (default and tree transformations), the Adventure Mode stage where you fight Team Yoshi, and other goodies). Up sets it back to the vanilla stagelist.

shuall

Smash Apprentice

I added a MD5 check in the script, so it will make sure the ISO provided is truly vanilla v1.02 (which could cause problems if it isn't). It can be bypassed if the user really wants though.

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script. So far I've only been able to test it on Win7.

This build contains what Achilles has released so far, so if you've been following along and updating with all the files he's posted, you don't need this.

Included updates from Achilles from Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.​

Included updates from Achilles from Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​
Please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

Btw, support for 20XX 4.0 will be added to DTW3 in the next version. So if there's still confusion, that should help a lot for seeing which files need to be replaced for various costumes. I also have another surprise along those lines. Primarily there are two things I want to finish before I release the update, but I don't think it will be too long.

When I said, "confused the statement" I was referring to my statement that you had originally quoted. Just look again at my post you originally quoted here, and it should make more sense. :p
shell script version for mac or linux users
http://pastebin.com/QEJ6jtLg

Lykon

Smash Cadet
I think i found a bug, using 4.0 beta 3
1) Character Select Screen Codes -> custom metal colors -> RGB color viewer
always crashes my game

2) Metal textures seem to stay loaded even when the controller is unplugged, some of the multi man melee acquire this texture, don't know if that's a bad thing tho

3) Cruel Melee crashes my game every time.

4) The zoom camera in training mode seems to be messed up.

:)

Last edited:

mirrorbender

Smash Rookie
Achillies,

My suggestion for the widescreen labeling is as follows:

The current "TV" option should be labeled "Standard Widescreen", perhaps with an "if unsure, use this option" message. In most cases, this is the best option, and even when used on a monitor, it's only a tiny bit (~1%) off.

The monitor option should just stay the monitor option. The only real use case for that is a 16:9 monitor with a Wii HDMI adapter.

The Dolphin option should be relabeled "True 16:9", probably with an "advanced" tag. This option is intended to be used only if you manually force the game's active frame to be 16:9, by using Dolphin's stretch to window feature, nintendont's manual game width, or my "eliminating horizontal underscan" code.

So, TL;DR: "Standard Widescreen", "Monitor", and "True 16:9 (Advanced)". Sounds good?

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Everybody who pretty much has been following Achilles work since the 3.02 release is familiar with the changes.

The Debug Menu as a whole lists all the changes just explore whats new.

Cutman

Smash Rookie
NNID
KurisuMakise420
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but if you create a playlist of songs using the new feature, then going to that stage, and using L+R+A+B+Start a few times, it will mess up the songs. They'll make weird static noises and the game tries to play more than one song at once.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Forgive me for being not so tech savvy so I may bring up stupid questions, but how do you update to 4.00? Currently I have a 3.02 hack pack. I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdohfVWQLUc&feature=youtu.be&a
and I followed the steps completely but I'm not sure where to put the finished ISO. Would it be in the Gale01 folder? Because even when I do that, when I boot it up on Nintendont, nothing appears.
Thanks in advance!

sturm3n

Smash Rookie
What do I do with the .sh file? I program a little so don't worry about me needing a 4 hour explanation.
Save that script to in a text file in the same directory as your vanilla melee ISO. The script file should have the extension ".sh". open up terminal. Execute these commands:
Code:
cd /to/the/directory/with/your/iso/and/script
chmod a+rx script_file.sh
./script_file.sh ssbm_1.02.iso
The first gets you to your files. The second turns the script into a executable. The third runs the script.

Cohenski

Smash Rookie
Excellent explanation. Thanks!
Also another overall 20xx idea: I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but has the idea of a shortcut that allows you access to the training pause screen during regular matches or else play regular matches in training mode?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Forgive me for being not so tech savvy so I may bring up stupid questions, but how do you update to 4.00? Currently I have a 3.02 hack pack. I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdohfVWQLUc&feature=youtu.be&a
and I followed the steps completely but I'm not sure where to put the finished ISO. Would it be in the Gale01 folder? Because even when I do that, when I boot it up on Nintendont, nothing appears.
Thanks in advance!
If you use Nintendont, the yes, you place it in the GALE01 folder. But unlike USB Loader, Nintendont can't read ISO files unless they're renamed to "game.iso".

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I thought Magus' original display code had characters X/Y-axis.
But in 4.0 Beta, I couldn't find it.
Just I missed it?

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles, how'd you get it to where the SSS isn't glitches out when playing on nintendont using a vanilla iso? I'd love to implement it on my own if possible

hsb

Smash Rookie
hello
every time i pick fox and try to play against falco the game freezes at the character select screen. can someone please help me?
Thank you

D

Deleted member 269706

hello
every time i pick fox and try to play against falco the game freezes at the character select screen. can someone please help me?
Thank you
Did you change any skins, music, stages, CSS or anything else?

Cohenski

Smash Rookie
I have found that I need to install a ton of packages to get the mac version working properly, and I cannot really manage to get it working. Is there a way somebody can just post the file replacements? I have done fine using gcr and dios mios toolbox with wine.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
I have found that I need to install a ton of packages to get the mac version working properly, and I cannot really manage to get it working. Is there a way somebody can just post the file replacements? I have done fine using gcr and dios mios toolbox with wine.
I saw this mentioned a few pages back, but MultiPatch is a Mac app that can handle xdelta patching pretty harmlessly, so that's what I've been using.

Also, general question: when I go through to change files (in the 20XX 4.0b ISO) using GCR, do I keep the "use Game.toc" toggle unchecked upon further rebuilds of the ISO?

Last edited:

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm the multipatch dude. This is the tool. Run it, the directions should be plainly obvious. I think that, in the future, I'll just PM a link to this post to the people who ask about an xdelta tool for mac. If you were brought to this post by that method, hi! How's the future? Are there hoverboards yet? Or FoxBoxes? What about the full release of 20XX v4.0? Is it even better than it is now? Did you bring cheesecake? I'd like some cheesecake. Why are you still here? Take your app and get!

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Survival DI pulls the attack angle from the move that is hitting the character, and then DI's 90 degrees perpendicular to that attack angle inwards to basically always get the maximum 18 degree velocity trajectory change. For attacks that send opponents straight up at 90 degrees, it randomly chooses hard left or right. My thinking here was that the CPU will more than likely stay alive from either left or right DI when being sent straight up, so I'll just keep the human player guessing a little bit. Iirc, it does this for 180 degree attack angles as well, although there will be a lot more situations in this case where randomly going left or right is not optimal. I'll continue to think about adding other DI options.
Regarding combo DI.
How about using the codes for survival and simply add 180% to those angles?
I think that will work alot better than simply down + away always.

Also, how about SDI?
It's deffinatly humanly possibly and widely used to smash DI certain things to escape combos. Especially Shine related stuff.
Any more than one SDI however is not really feasable.
I propose 2 difficulties of Combo DI for the CPU.
One with and one without 1 SDI input.

Ok so what is an optimal SDI. That's pretty damn complex.
How about the SDI is in a random direction?

Also, adding SDI to survival would be redundant, but for combo DI it's very impactfull!

What do you think?

Gibbster

Smash Rookie
I just downloaded 20XX today and got it working but I also really want to be able to save my replays, but I dont know how can someone shine some light on it?

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
When playing CPU spacies in the old version they always did shine on standup, and now they don't.
There is no option for it in CPU codes menu nor the Training menu.

Is this intended?

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
I just downloaded 20XX today and got it working but I also really want to be able to save my replays, but I dont know how can someone shine some light on it?
You're thinking of 20XXTE, that'll be released tomorrow

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Any one know if there is an infographic for the latest 20xx build?
You mean the one with all the debug commands? That's unnecessary now. Go into Debug Settings > General Codes > In-Game Codes for a full list of the commands.
(Those names are almost definitely mixed up somewhere, but it should prob be enough to help figure things out lol.)

When playing CPU spacies in the old version they always did shine on standup, and now they don't.

Is this intended?
This. I noticed that you can also change the CPU AI type in the debug settings (not just the % chance of getup options, but you can change the CPU AI type of each player slot), but I haven't tried them all out and seen if one of them does the shine getups. Does it have to be toggled via debug commands now?

D

Deleted member 269706

Is this intended?
If I'm not mistaken, the CPU AI has yet to be coded in this build of 20XX. This is the same reason Zelda doesnt auto-transform into Sheik at the start of a match like in the old builds. I'm sure Achilles is working on it, just give it some time.

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
Regarding combo DI.
How about using the codes for survival and simply add 180% to those angles?
I think that will work alot better than simply down + away always.

Also, how about SDI?
It's deffinatly humanly possibly and widely used to smash DI certain things to escape combos. Especially Shine related stuff.
Any more than one SDI however is not really feasable.
I propose 2 difficulties of Combo DI for the CPU.
One with and one without 1 SDI input.

Ok so what is an optimal SDI. That's pretty damn complex.
How about the SDI is in a random direction?

Also, adding SDI to survival would be redundant, but for combo DI it's very impactfull!

What do you think?
"any more than one SDI is not really feasable" are you serious right now? most humans can get 2 sdi's on almost every move in the game, and its possible to get more depending on the move. you could easily get 3 and potentially even 4 on top of ASDI on things like knee and ganon stomp. what we really need, i've said before. and that is

we need a way to have a CPU randomly choose left or right, and then smash DI that direction every X number of frames during hitlag, and that number X needs to be configurable.

as i've said before, this is critical to fox's gameplay and is nearly impossible to practice at the moment without this feature, which is why 20xx isn't here yet.

Left and right smash DI are by far the most important because of shines, but it would also be useful if we could set how often the CPU smash DI's in which directions, similar to how teching works now. we could set it to be 50% left 50% right, 25% each direction, or 100% in one direction, as those are all useful for different things. As i said before though the smash DI frequency needs to be configurable too.

P.S.: achilles: i know you saw my earlier post(s). i just posted this again in reply to someone else who was talking about something similar, and i thought i'd elaborate a bit more on what i think would be a good way to implement SDI into 20xx

Last edited:

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
I posted this over in the Texture Hack thread, figured it might make more sense to put it over here.

So, here's a texture glitch I ran into earlier this year. I was using Nintendont to load SSBM 20XX 3.02 from SD, and my best guess is that the SD card was somewhat misaligned or the physical switch was close to "locked".

https://imgur.com/a/stb7m

I thought it was fun graphically, but the people I was playing with wanted a reboot, so I only got a few crappy phone pictures. I believe the Ganon's color change is caused by the "flash red on unsuccessful L-cancel" toggle. I find it very interesting that both the stage and Fox's pants retain their normal color, since that means it can't just be a video error.

EDIT: I should note that, after rebooting, there were no errors.

I added a MD5 check in the script, so it will make sure the ISO provided is truly vanilla v1.02 (which could cause problems if it isn't). It can be bypassed if the user really wants though.

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script. So far I've only been able to test it on Win7.

This build contains what Achilles has released so far, so if you've been following along and updating with all the files he's posted, you don't need this.

Included updates from Achilles from Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.​

Included updates from Achilles from Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​
Please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

Btw, support for 20XX 4.0 will be added to DTW3 in the next version. So if there's still confusion, that should help a lot for seeing which files need to be replaced for various costumes. I also have another surprise along those lines. Primarily there are two things I want to finish before I release the update, but I don't think it will be too long.

When I said, "confused the statement" I was referring to my statement that you had originally quoted. Just look again at my post you originally quoted here, and it should make more sense. :p
Is the random DI different in some way from the previous version of 20XX? When I chain throw spacies in the newest version,it seems like they almost never DI anywhere other than very slightly away from me. In the previous version they would full DI in directions a lot more frequently. Is there any way to change this? It makes me want to just sue my old 20XX.

Honestly, for the most part it's great, but I suppose I'm wondering if there's any way you guys could set priority for DI options to practice specific things, similar to the teching option priority you guys made? That would be amazing. Anyways, great work on this new update =)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Is the random DI different in some way from the previous version of 20XX? When I chain throw spacies in the newest version,it seems like they almost never DI anywhere other than very slightly away from me. In the previous version they would full DI in directions a lot more frequently. Is there any way to change this? It makes me want to just sue my old 20XX.

Honestly, for the most part it's great, but I suppose I'm wondering if there's any way you guys could set priority for DI options to practice specific things, similar to the teching option priority you guys made? That would be amazing. Anyways, great work on this new update =)
...are you THE silent wolf? Hi ^.^

Anyways to answer your question (I'm not actually a dev so take it with a grain of salt), Achilles is currently working on the AI. In past versions of 20XX, Zelda would auto transform into Sheik whereas now she doesn't, same with other programmable spacy behavior. Clearly this isn't something he's going to leave out of a training pack, he's just been busy working on the newer features of 20XX as well as his busy personal life. I know that he's been doing a lot of work on this lately, so you don't need to worry. Obviously I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to bet that he's going to implement some DI options at some point as it's been a major topic in this thread and Melee in general. If you do want to revert to 20XX 3.02 for the time being, the zip file is still on the first post of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
the Beta is a quick demo of some of the new features. many features are left out in order to rush a version we can enjoy and give feedback on.
once it's out of beta I am sure you will have little to no complaints :)

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
will bowser's flame cancel option be added back in the full version? or just make bowser's PAL version turn it off?

Top Bottom