• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Summate

Smash Rookie
R-Alt for Green Sheik/Zelda gives Sothe/Micaiah, who are both Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn characters (which is why a red costume was assigned to a green slot lol). R-Alt for Marth is based off of PM's Purple Marth costume. Not sure about others, but make sure to check the OP for the names that correspond to the returning 20XX 3.02 costumes (CTRL+F "alternate costumes"), if you're still trying to update your list.
I'm checking in for any updates. Thanks for your contribution.

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the 4.0 Beta3 and have to iso with the file replacements. However, if I try to start it up with Nintendont, it doesn't recognize it. Will it work on another homebrew app or is mine just messed up?
UPDATE: I just tried it with Dios Mios and it didn't work either, I'm starting to think that it's something to do with the iso itself. It shouldn't be however, because it registered it as a Vanilla iso when it created it and that process ran smoothly. I'd be grateful if anyone were to find a solution and if you want any more information to help me, just ask.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
UPDATE: I just tried it with Dios Mios and it didn't work either, I'm starting to think that it's something to do with the iso itself. It shouldn't be however, because it registered it as a Vanilla iso when it created it and that process ran smoothly. I'd be grateful if anyone were to find a solution and if you want any more information to help me, just ask.
Does Dolphin load it?

Rainchu

Smash Rookie
Since nearly every single stage's music was changed, is there a list of what each stage's new hps file name is?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Since nearly every single stage's music was changed, is there a list of what each stage's new hps file name is?
All the original music is still in the game. I just added more. The file names can be found by cycling through the "Track Preview" tracks and viewing the file name beneath it. Click A to play the song.

Rainchu

Smash Rookie
All the original music is still in the game. I just added more. The file names can be found by cycling through the "Track Preview" tracks and viewing the file name beneath it. Click A to play the song.
I hadn't checked in game, I just saw that ystory.hps was missing, so I was confused. This is amazing :o , I was not expecting these kind of options with the music.

Rainchu

Smash Rookie
How would I go about renaming the file's name? It currently says "27.hps Yoshi's Story", but I would like to change the part that says Yoshi's Story.

besanic

Smash Rookie
I built the beta 03 iso and loaded it with Nintendont. The gameplay is fine, but the debug menu just shows green $'s

EDIT: I fixed it by changing the game id from GALE01 to 20XX01. I can only assume the problem was caused by my save data from 20XX 3.02.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
You don't need to merge names anymore. Name Entry now allows eight characters. (Some characters take up two spaces, oddly.) D-pad Down is supposed to go to the controller rumble menu... I don't know how or why it crashed for you.

EDIT: D-Pad Left and Right change character movesets instead of doing name tag stuff. Left = SD Remix 3.1 Right = PAL (NTSC if you change the default moveset in the debug menu)

More details?
I knew about the D-Pad thing because I read it in-game, but I didn't know you could use the similar option from 20XXTE that allows you to make the 8 characters-long name as you type it instead of merging 2 or 3 separated names. I don't know either. I have no idea why it crashed, so I'm assuming it's lag or something, but I'm afraid of trying the bug again.

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles, will the next beta have all the fix's that you've made as well? (Such as the fix for Hyrule Castle 64)

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I guess I always considered it to be a complex type of DI, but if you just want it to be down and away always then I can do that.
Is it really that much more complex than survival DI, programming wise?
Down + Away would be a great start! And much appreciated.
But making it more nuanced than that is out of the question?

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is there any reason you couldn't expose the directionality to us directly? I.e. make the DI an inputtable number corresponding to degrees from horizontal? It's less intuitive for the user but more powerful.

What would make it really intuitive is if you could read the control stick position during a certain set of button presses and impose that as the DI input.

Last edited:

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
Hey, can anyone reupload the beta03 to MEGA or another server? MediaFire doesn't work for me :(

So hype for this!!

GDubbzz

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I have 20XX installed on my Wii. I knew that the 3.02 update was out but didnt see anything about updating 20XX for Wii. I was playing with friends when I went to stage select and randomly (or I think it was random) all of the new/changed stages were there. (aka. Entei, Goomba, target test, Stadium without transformations)
How did this happen? Did my 20XX update itself via Wifi?
I got on 20XX again today and it was back to old 20XX. But when I enter the Debug Menu it still says Im in version 3.02.
How can I get it back to 3.02?

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Is there a download for the normal files of 4.0 ver 3? I want to add my own Marth skin with GCRebuilder, but I can't do so with this download. It also doesn't work on Mac.

Last edited:

besanic

Smash Rookie
Could there be a toggle for Luigi's endless wavedash? Or endless wavedash for any character

Last edited:

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Is there a download for the normal files of 4.0 ver 3? I want to add my own Marth skin with GCRebuilder, but I can't do so with this download. It also doesn't work on Mac.
Just use the alpha file and manually patch it using the patching software, but I'm not too sure if it works for Mac though

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Just use the alpha file and manually patch it using the patching software, but I'm not too sure if it works for Mac though
Well I was going to just patch this normally, then use GCRebuilder (which I have gotten to work on Mac) to add that file to the patched ISO, but the patch thing doesn't work on here.

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Something that'd be neat is to be able to change the text colors on the debug menu,(Change the green and white) since you can change the background of the text box's.

Maybe also have an option in the extra menu to have it to where you can have all the debug menu settings to their default? That way if you mess with too many things you can revert everything back to how they were when you first installed 20XX

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
On the topic of DI options, I noticed that the survival one doesn't work with everyone's throws. I haven't tested it extensively but I know for example that it doesn't work with Fox's upthrow but it does with Falcon's upthrow. I don't know how it's programmed (whether it actually tells the CPU to DI up + towards the opponent or if the parameters of "survival DI" already exist as a function in the game's CPU coding and are simply being called on to override the other DI options 100% of the time when the option is toggled) but I'm guessing that it doesn't work with moves where DIing inward would actually be considered survival DI, seeing as how Fox's upthrow sends straight up so there's no inherent survival direction. So technically it's not doing anything wrong in that it is still using 'survival' DI whenever applicable, but there are other situations where it would be nice to have inward DI enabled. Hopefully this wouldn't be too complicated of a change.

I was looking forward to using it with Fox's upthrow to practice frame perfect buffered smash turns on 0/low% chaingrabs vs Fox and Falco DIing in since it takes a lot of practice, but it seems to just use random DI in this situation. Also, a down + away DI option would definitely be great.

Edit: well, I guess the option I was hoping for wasn't even survival DI (up+in) in the first place, since you'd want the DI to be straight in for that. So what I'm really saying is it'd be cool if several more options were included in the CPU DI options: in, in+up, away, away+down, etc. But I understand if that's too much to ask.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Create the ISO with the patch and then open it with GCR and replace files. Go back a couple pages for Mac solution.

Could there be a toggle for luigis endless wavedash?
WAT
Is it really that much more complex than survival DI, programming wise?
Down + Away would be a great start! And much appreciated.
But making it more nuanced than that is out of the question?
If it is just Down+Away the no, it's not more complex. I'll think about adding this in the future. Making it more complex is not out of the question, but my thoughts on Combo DI would have been something like "getting hit by this attack and it's sending me up and away, let's DI in a little further than normal because I am playing Ganondorf and he is garbage. Good thing I am not playing against Fox because I would had to have DI'ed that much further away, which would have put me off stage and in a bad spot." I'm trying to keep things pretty general at this point, so Down+Away is probably a good start.
Hey Achilles, will the next beta have all the fix's that you've made as well? (Such as the fix for Hyrule Castle 64)
Yes.
On the topic of DI options, I noticed that the survival one doesn't work with everyone's throws. I haven't tested it extensively but I know for example that it doesn't work with Fox's upthrow but it does with Falcon's upthrow. I don't know how it's programmed (whether it actually tells the CPU to DI up + towards the opponent or if the parameters of "survival DI" already exist as a function in the game's CPU coding and are simply being called on to override the other DI options 100% of the time when the option is toggled) but I'm guessing that it doesn't work with moves where DIing inward would actually be considered survival DI, seeing as how Fox's upthrow sends straight up so there's no inherent survival direction. So technically it's not doing anything wrong in that it is still using 'survival' DI whenever applicable, but there are other situations where it would be nice to have inward DI enabled. Hopefully this wouldn't be too complicated of a change.

I was looking forward to using it with Fox's upthrow to practice frame perfect buffered smash turns on 0/low% chaingrabs vs Fox and Falco DIing in since it takes a lot of practice, but it seems to just use random DI in this situation. Also, a down + away DI option would definitely be great.

Edit: well, I guess the option I was hoping for wasn't even survival DI (up+in) in the first place, since you'd want the DI to be straight in for that. So what I'm really saying is it'd be cool if several more options were included in the CPU DI options: in, in+up, away, away+down, etc. But I understand if that's too much to ask.
Survival DI pulls the attack angle from the move that is hitting the character, and then DI's 90 degrees perpendicular to that attack angle inwards to basically always get the maximum 18 degree velocity trajectory change. For attacks that send opponents straight up at 90 degrees, it randomly chooses hard left or right. My thinking here was that the CPU will more than likely stay alive from either left or right DI when being sent straight up, so I'll just keep the human player guessing a little bit. Iirc, it does this for 180 degree attack angles as well, although there will be a lot more situations in this case where randomly going left or right is not optimal. I'll continue to think about adding other DI options.

Something that'd be neat is to be able to change the text colors on the debug menu,(Change the green and white) since you can change the background of the text box's.

Maybe also have an option in the extra menu to have it to where you can have all the debug menu settings to their default? That way if you mess with too many things you can revert everything back to how they were when you first installed 20XX
Possibly on the Debug Menu colors. The "reset to default" feature is a must and something I've been planning to do. But I'm still waiting until my menus and corresponding default values are a little more finalized.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is there any reason you couldn't expose the directionality to us directly? I.e. make the DI an inputtable number corresponding to degrees from horizontal? It's less intuitive for the user but more powerful.

What would make it really intuitive is if you could read the control stick position during a certain set of button presses and impose that as the DI input.
This is a good thought. I like giving the player a lot of flexibility. A while ago somewhere on these boards, I talked about an idea to have the user specify a chain of DI inputs (which could be reset with loading a save state). I still want to do this.
Soooo.... who wrote the AI? It is genuinely better than vMelee.
I forgot to mention that I also made them always l-cancel and that Falcon gentlemans. So the answer to your question is me, lol. Oh, and I also disabled CPU taunting.
EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, I FIGURED IT OUT

Yo I've been trying to add custom music forever and I keep getting nothing. Yes I've been following this guide but every time I start up my ISO and go to the music section of the debug menu, the list stops at 68.hps as if nothing has been changed. Are you only able to add one file at a time or does it work if you add multiple? I honestly have no idea why this keeps failing. The only thing I can think of that's causing this is because I'm using the 4.03b builder and then extracting the ISO rather than just creating it from scratch, though that doesn't make much sense either. If anyone can help me figure out why it's not working, I'd be really grateful.
Glad you figured it out. Something for everyone to keep in mind is that I'll be adding more default music to 4.0 in the future. So I'm sorry ahead of time if you have to reimport your custom music.
Yeah, I saw that mentioned a bit ago as I was reading through the thread. Thanks for your response, though!

On another note, I'm guessing that the upper limit of files you can remove from Melee would be the movie files and the trophy files. I'm not aware of anything else that's nonessential to gameplay. Is 1.46 GB the largest size that GCN games go? I've never seen a size larger than that for an iso, so maybe that's near the disc storage size. What I'm really asking is if iso size is really a limit here.
The Gamecube miniDVD can only hold ~1.4GB, so single Gamecube games are never larger than that. As far as booting a larger sized ISO, it's possible.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Finally got around to doing this.
EDIT: I have changed "Hyrule Castle 64" to "Hyrule Castle N64" to match other past stage descriptions.
Capture2.PNG

Also, ignore this toggle. It does nothing and needs to be removed.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
So first of all I want to thank everyone involved in this project. I'm finally getting on board with 20xx.

I am having a bit of an issue though. Whenever I drag my vanilla ISO into the batch file a few words flash quickly and the command window closes. It says something about not being able to find something or another, but I can't remember exactly what.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit and I've tried running as administrator but to no avail. I even tried a different 1.02 ISO just to be sure, and validated the MD5 on both. The batch file just won't run for me for some reason.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, and is there another way to compile the ISO? I've never done this before.

Res

Smash Rookie
So first of all I want to thank everyone involved in this project. I'm finally getting on board with 20xx.

I am having a bit of an issue though. Whenever I drag my vanilla ISO into the batch file a few words flash quickly and the command window closes. It says something about not being able to find something or another, but I can't remember exactly what.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit and I've tried running as administrator but to no avail. I even tried a different 1.02 ISO just to be sure, and validated the MD5 on both. The batch file just won't run for me for some reason.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, and is there another way to compile the ISO? I've never done this before.
The same thing was happening to me but I found a solution. Are you opening up the batch file and then dragging and dropping the ISO? Well, don't do that, just take the ISO, and drag it into the batch file WITHOUT opening it

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
The same thing was happening to me but I found a solution. Are you opening up the batch file and then dragging and dropping the ISO? Well, don't do that, just take the ISO, and drag it into the batch file WITHOUT opening it
OHHHH I see. Now I feel silly.

I'm gonna give it a go when I get home tonight. Thanks.

besanic

Smash Rookie
WAT

1. Endless wavedash
2. Blastzone wrapping
3. Long platform on custom battlefield
4. ????
5. Profit

RoosyRooster

Smash Rookie
I still have v3.02 on my SD card should I format it then use clean rip to get a new melee vanilla file then drag the batch file from 4.0 onto the newly ripped file on my SD card?

RoosyRooster

Smash Rookie
Is Nintendont still needed for 4.0?

Also when I follow the steps given by DRGN my Wii couldn't even detect my memory card. Any step by step guid would be helpful. Thank you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Hey I've been trying to import some stages from this thread, but seem to get some sort of error every time I try. The first time my music stopped working, the second time there was no change in stage, the third time a massive black square covered the majority of the screen, and then everything was messed up when I went back to the character select screen. I only have this problem when applying these to the 20XX pack...if anyone has any answers, that'd be great.

On a side note, there has to be a faster way to add multiple songs. It took quite a long time to get like 50 songs in the game, shouldn't be this tedious. I've been thinking about writing a script to shorten the process, but I'm not too confident in my coding abilities to get the job done. Though the code itself would be pretty simple...I'll give it a shot and see what I can get done.

tomom90

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, this isn't a question related to 4.0.

When I try to use L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam, P2 turns white not yellow, and does no inputs at all after 3 seconds. sometimes il try again by jabbing then to reset them and inputting L+R+D-Pad Up. When this happens they do shuffle Dairs across the stage.. :L I really want to use this feature but its not working out to good.

edit, can get usmash to work, but i cant get tilts to work. Ideally would love to do side B with samus but I cant get it to work, since U smash works I have to assume im timing it wrong. I can also get fox to crouch over and over again but no tilts

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Hi guys, this isn't a question related to 4.0.

When I try to use L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam, P2 turns white not yellow, and does no inputs at all after 3 seconds. sometimes il try again by jabbing then to reset them and inputting L+R+D-Pad Up. When this happens they do shuffle Dairs across the stage.. :L I really want to use this feature but its not working out to good.

edit, can get usmash to work, but i cant get tilts to work. Ideally would love to do side B with samus but I cant get it to work, since U smash works I have to assume im timing it wrong. I can also get fox to crouch over and over again but no tilts
Make sure that you're holding the input when the 3 seconds end. It's easiest just to start holding it immediately and keep doing so until you see the CPU start to act.

If the CPU starts doing the wrong things as if you've input the wrong code (like the SHFFL dairs from the spacie shield pressure code), then you've accidentally input the wrong code.

To do tilts you just have to tilt the stick very lightly (much lighter than you'll be used to doing to input tilts). This is because when doing tilts normally you can push the control stick further (into the smash zone), since you only get a smash attack if you move the stick into the smash zone within a certain amount of time; if you move it slowly enough then you'll get a tilt. However, because the input spam code only reads your stick position on a single frame, if your stick is in the smash zone on that frame then it will be read as a smash input even if you moved it there slowly enough for it to be a tilt input under normal circumstances.

The colour the CPU changes to can vary, but it's purely aesthetic. My guess is that it's somehow related to the last colour overlay that was displayed (I've even had my CPUs cycle through the colours of Marth's Dancing Blade before), but I don't know if that's even the case.

Last edited:

DadofDads

Smash Rookie
i'vr noticed thatwhen i turn on custom stages in the debug menu/ texture hacks, they dont work? is there something extra i need to do or are they just not working yet?

Top Bottom