• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
i'm experiencing that problem right now. how did you get it to work?
What kind of computer do you use? I had the issue on my Mac and there's a normally invisible file called .DS_Store that I had to make visible and delete before attempting to open the root again.

cpt. dope

Smash Rookie
What kind of computer do you use? I had the issue on my Mac and there's a normally invisible file called .DS_Store that I had to make visible and delete before attempting to open the root again.
i actually am using a mac too, making it visible and deleting it fixed the problem. thanks!

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
This sh*t took me a year to make lol. If it were my full time job, it probably would have been like 3 months. It's all about the flexible framework and programming with future updates in mind.

I KNEW you would bring up the camera issue. About a month ago, I started dreaming up a new camera mode toggle that involved on-screen text and stuff because I knew you still wanted this feature. (The custom on-screen text is a rather new development that opens the door to a new world of hacks).But...thinking about it again, I guess I could just make the c-stick camera control an in-game toggle. That way, you could set the camera with c-stick and then toggle it off and use c-stick like normal with the custom camera in place.
Are you suggesting displaying values for camera position, angle and zoom? Because that would be incredible, and very useful for accurate and consistent measurement and recordings.

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
When you're on the hacked SSS, can you make it so that pressing Y makes both normal PS and No transformations PS visible? Or maybe add a toggle so it does one of the other? I'm planning on running No Transformations PS as standard in my tournaments once 20XX TE comes out and it would be great if we could stage strike the same way on regular 20XX setups.
You go under rules and to random stage settings (where you normally go to strike stages when not on 20XX) and turn "Mushroom kingdom" to on, along with the other stages you want. Also make sure you're in the hacked stage SSS before setting up random stages

CanadianBakn

Smash Rookie
Hitlag/SDI behavior defaulted to Melee 1.00. Not sure if intentional. The double start press mechanism on master debug level is a bit... unintuitive.
It is intentional. Are you talking about the double start when you have frame advance on in master debug level?
Googled this because I hadn't heard about it before. 1.0 makes SDIing moves that deal less than 1% damage impossible. What were some of the main reasons you wanted a 1.0 default? Just curious.

Last edited:

jogywhite

Smash Rookie
for some reason it wont allow me to rebuild the new root folder in gcrebuilder. I triple checked everything in the instructions. What could be wrong?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
for some reason it wont allow me to rebuild the new root folder in gcrebuilder. I triple checked everything in the instructions. What could be wrong?
Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 or higher?

Minor 6th

Smash Rookie
Alright boys, it's time for some action.

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:
Add these files to the download pack as well:
https://www.mediafire.com/?qgb7uolvux5c1g5
https://www.mediafire.com/?ct8i5zudsqetlhe <-- replaces GrNKr.1at and GrNKr.2at from the above pack

-------------------------------
The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.

1) Extract a vanilla SSBM 1.02 root folder using GCR. Then close GCR.
2) 20XX folder --> &&systemdata --> Copy Start.dol.
3) Vanilla --> &&systemdata --> Paste and overwrite vanilla Start.dol.

3) Vanilla root folder. Completely delete the "audio" folder.
4) 20XX folder --> copy "audio" folder and paste in vanilla root folder.

5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).
6) Vanilla root folder --> paste and overwrite for all items.

7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)

--- vanilla root folder now equals "modified root folder" ---

8) Open GCR. Do not load the modified root folder from above yet.
9) GCR --> Options (at the top) --> click "do not modify game.toc"

10) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Open
11) Select your modified root folder.

12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Rebuild.
13) Choose name of your ISO file and hit okay.

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

I hope I didn't forget any files in the download...

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).

Other missing / unhooked things off the top of my head
Debug Menu
- Missing Character Codes Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Missing a CREDITS MENU!!
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely​
- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.​

- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.

- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.

Tons more.
-----------------------------------------

Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.lat files = L alternate costumes
.rat files = R alternate costumes
.sat files = SDR remix character files
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)
Play the Special Game Modes.

3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
OH! And when the game is paused,
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options Kadano Kadano schmooblidon schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.​

I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.

Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.

DRGN DRGN flieskiller flieskiller @CeLL @Stride @_glook @zankyou Itaru Itaru @TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers @Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy @DoctorKirby @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock Kou Kou @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ct8i5zudsqetlhe <-- replaces GrNKr.1at and GrNKr.2at from the above pack

The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.

5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).

7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).

Debug Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely​
- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.​

- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.

- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.

Tons more.

Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)

3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options Kadano Kadano schmooblidon schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.​

I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.

Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.

DRGN DRGN flieskiller flieskiller @CeLL @Stride @_glook @zankyou Itaru Itaru @TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers @Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy @DoctorKirby @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock Kou Kou @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!

This looks so awesome. I'm having a bit of an issue though. I followed all the steps exactly, yet the rebuild option in GCR is grayed out.
Any idea what the problem could be?

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
First off, I don't think you get thanked enough Achilles, you are AMAZING!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! Seriously your Fiance better hold on to you, cause you're making more and more smashers fall in love with you with every update! ;)
Secondly, my question is how will this work in conjunction with 20xxTE, because i know that pressing "R" on the 20xxTE CSS provides the custom shield colors. Seems like using this and TE simultaneously would cause problems?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
in the Spawn Figure level, floor seems to be a slope.
Because of this, Hitstun of Fox's shine is become nothing by landing when fox is on inner side of the stage and opponent is on outer side.
Please make floor flat.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Googled this because I hadn't heard about it before. 1.0 makes SDIing moves that deal less than 1% damage impossible. What were some of the main reasons you wanted a 1.0 default? Just curious.
http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-gecko-codes-guide-and-discussion.327311/page-31#post-18650879

Tldr; it's a buff for low tiers.
Some people who main low tiers bring around their own v1.00 discs just to make sure their characters aren't at a greater disadvantage.

Will this release include replays, or is that exclusive to 20XX TE?
The plan is to eventually add replays to 4.0. Probably after TE is released.
Because of this, Hitstun of Fox's shine is become nothing by landing when fox is on inner side of the stage and opponent is on outer side.
Please make floor flat.
I KNEW IT!!! About 6 months ago I was playing with friends and shined Peach on that stage and she immediately downsmashed me. It seemed weird, but I never looked further into it. I'll try and change that today, and I also want to adjust the camera a little bit now that I understand stage hacking much more. Thanks for the report.

Because I haven't got to it yet. It sounds like a good stage for that 3rd page.

Kadano

Magical Express
Very impressed overall. Extremely good work. Here are some imperfections that I noted:

Stage texture hacks only work for Battlefield. All other custom stage texture toggles do nothing. (I followed the import how-to exactly.)
Also, I got a crash when trying to view the custom color preview in Dolphin. Not tried on console yet.

There is 2 very minor but very important tweaks that I think would make this complete.

1. A way to use C-stick for camera functions in DEVELOP mode. The toggle in the pause menu is amazing, but I use the camera tools every single time I lab. If you could toggle c-stick functions in the pause menu or even the debug menu, then I'd be 100% converted.
Seconded. Without the camera toggles, I will also default to Magus iso for labbing and frame dumping.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is it possible to do one of these things?
1. Have C-stick do camera stuff (including the zoom and pan with D-pad ← and →) in addition to smash & aerial attacks only when in develop mode and the current frame being paused?
2. If 1 is not possible, have the C-stick do both camera and smash attacks whenever in develop mode (but not master of course).
I don’t think it’s ever a good decision to play a match in develop mode, so I don’t think the camera functions would interfere.

Are you suggesting displaying values for camera position, angle and zoom? Because that would be incredible, and very useful for accurate and consistent measurement and recordings.
This exists already in vanilla Melee, in develop mode environment visibility 3-4 (or 4-5? Not sure), can be toggled with B press. It doesn’t show all decimal places though, so I think it would be good to tweak the display a bit (into 3-4 rows maybe so that the values can be shown accurately).

And, regarding the texture choices, I think Maritime Blue Fox looks much better than the current R alternate. It has a very distinct blue look that suits teams well (and moreso than the current, very dark R alternate) and, imho, has a quality look.

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bxk5bhibt4q99y2/Maretime+Fox.zip

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Very impressed overall. Extremely good work. Here are some imperfections that I noted:

Stage hacks only work for Battlefield. All other custom stage hacks do nothing.
Also, I got a crash when trying to view the custom color preview in Dolphin. Not tried on console yet.

Seconded. Without the camera toggles, I will also default to Magus iso for labbing and frame dumping.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is it possible to do one of these things?
1. Have C-stick do camera stuff (including the zoom and pan with D-pad ← and →) in addition to smash & aerial attacks only when in develop mode and the current frame being paused?
2. If 1 is not possible, have the C-stick do both camera and smash attacks whenever in develop mode (but not master of course).
I don’t think it’s ever a good decision to play a match in develop mode, so I don’t think the camera functions would interfere.

And, regarding the texture choices, I think Maritime Blue Fox looks much better than the current R alternate. It has a very distinct blue look that suits teams well (and moreso than the current, very dark R alternate) and, imho, has a quality look.

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bxk5bhibt4q99y2/Maretime+Fox.zip
I've got an idea for the camera situation, but I need to think about it more. I'll get back with you guys about it.
If you want to make the Develop mode camera function regularly for the time being, open the DOL in a hex editor and change
offset 0x2CC84 ---- change from 38000000 back to 38000008.

Btw, for the "Frame Stopwatch" addition to the Magus Display,

First float is the current frame counter.
Second float is the "stored" frame count.

When the frame stopwatch float pair is highlighted:
D-pad Down resets the frame counter, left float, to 0.
A+D-Pad Down moves the current frame counter value to the second float. So you can use this as your "control" or "comparison" value or something.

schmooblidon schmooblidon

Some of the textures need to be updated, but I have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I still really want to play as Zapdos Falco. That is one of the coolest textures I have ever seen. @Goatlink

Last edited:

Thomas Johnson

Smash Cadet
I typed out all of the in-game toggles for those interested.

D-pad left: Save state

D-pad right: Load state

D-pad down: Infinite shields

X+D-pad left: Fixed camera

X+D-pad right: Collision bubbles-solo

X+D-pad down: HUD

X+D-pad up: All players invincible

Y+D-pad left: SDI freeze when hit

Y+D-pad right: Collision bubbles-all character

Y+D-pad up: P2 percent maxed

L+D-pad left: P2 hold shield

L+D-pad right: P2 nair out of shield

L+D-pad down: P2 random C-stick out of shield. Press again for roll backwards out of shield

L+D-pad up: P2 grab out of shield

R+D-pad left: Spacie shine pressure

R+D-pad right: Short hop laser

R+D-pad down: Shine out of shield

R+D-pad up: Dair-grab-upthrow-upair

L+R+D-pad left: Frame counter programmer

L+R+D-pad right: P2 Hitbox freeze repeat

L+R+D-pad down: Disable P2 action, return P2 to CPU

L+R+D-pad up: P1 choose P2 action spam

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
How do you start a match with just one character? On the old version you pressed up on d-pad

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
I made an xdelta patch to make creating your 20XX 4.0 Beta much easier. I also included these updates that Achilles has posted since Beta01, and so the file created in this is Beta02:
- Updated DOL file (20XX+4.0B01+-+Name+Entry+Additions.dol)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
Please specificy which build you're using when submitting bugs.

Edit: [new link here]

The download is just 4 files. I opted out of using the GUI and wrote a simple script instead, to make things even simpler. So, after downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta02 ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is super awesome! I love it so much! Just a few questions/suggestions:
Can you make a color overlay available for v-cancel timing?
Can you make a global random music option, instead of just for a few stages as is now?
How do I select those other game modes (chess, nba jam)
Thanks!
Edit: Not sure about on console, but atleast on dolphin the stage of classic where you fight a whole bunch of one opponent seems to be broken. They enemies never spawn
Edit 2: multibattle also breaks in adventure, crashes the game in this scenario though
Edit 3: multi-man melee crashes too
Color overlay for v-cancel: No. You have to press L/R before you get hit. Trying to write code to attempt to calculate 3 frames before you will get hit by an attack would be insanely difficult.

Global Random Music Option: This would be nice to have [back]. I'll look to add this in. I also plan on re-doing the Music Codes menu and adding in a few new things that I have thought of.

Game Modes: Go to the Special Melee menu!

I noticed the multi-man spawns freezing issue a couple weeks ago and was pretty disheartened to see it. I briefly looked into a fix at that time but didn't find anything. I haven't gone back to it yet, but I've got some ideas of things to check. For now, don't play 1P modes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I made an xdelta patch to make creating your 20XX 4.0 Beta much easier. I also included these updates that Achilles has posted since Beta01, and so the file created in this is Beta02:
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat

[20XX 4.0 Beta02 Download]

The download is just 4 files. I opted out of using the GUI and wrote a simple script instead, to make things even simpler. So, after downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta02 ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.
Dudddde. Yes. You're awesome. There will be more coming in a bit.

Nox.

Smash Rookie
I started reading all of these to see if anyone asked but I got bored.

Just an FYI, the "hitlag/sdi behavior" setting has the versions mixed up. The option that says v1.00 is v1.02 hitlag, and visa versa. It's default set to "v1.00" which is the correct v1.02 hitlag, it just confused me. When I wanted to see the difference, I had to switch to v1.02 to get the v1.00 hitlag rofl. Just a minor bug. Hence: beta.

Edit: Also, not sure if song preview is supposed to work or not yet, but it freezes my system at the moment.

Last edited:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Note: This is from 4.0 Beta01 I haven't tested this in Beta02 yet. But I'll edit this post when I do.

Ummm... why are there ledges in the middle of Battlefield?

Is this a bug with Custom Battlefield? Because I couldn't get that working either. (I'm using Dolphin.)

Also, I couldn't get the builder to work. I got this error when I dropped the ISO on the bat file.

Windows 10 has not been liking me, lately.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
This exists already in vanilla Melee, in develop mode environment visibility 3-4 (or 4-5? Not sure), can be toggled with B press. It doesn’t show all decimal places though, so I think it would be good to tweak the display a bit (into 3-4 rows maybe so that the values can be shown accurately).
So that's what that annoying box is for! ***** hell I feel like im idiot, I never even read the damn thing, it's so blantantly the camera. Thanks for that lol. But yeah would need a couple decimals to make as useful as I want.

I've got an idea for the camera situation, but I need to think about it more. I'll get back with you guys about it.
If you want to make the Develop mode camera function regularly for the time being, open the DOL in a hex editor and change
offset 0x2CC84 ---- change from 38000000 back to 38000008.

Btw, for the "Frame Stopwatch" addition to the Magus Display,

First float is the current frame counter.
Second float is the "stored" frame count.

When the frame stopwatch float pair is highlighted:
D-pad Down resets the frame counter, left float, to 0.
A+D-Pad Down moves the current frame counter value to the second float. So you can use this as your "control" or "comparison" value or something
I didn't even check out the magus stuff when I first tested it, the new layout looks really nice and all these new functions are amazing! Thank you dude, you are a god!

Asinmin

Smash Rookie

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

Debug Menu

Tons more.

The hyrule maze stages freeze on both dolphin and on the wii, not sure if this is a bug or if i messed up rebuilding the iso.

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

Debug Menu

Tons more.

\

I can't rebuild my root file. What could be the cause of this?

Dinowaffles

Smash Cadet
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat

This doesn't seem to work for me. When it completes building the iso nintendont will just load into a black screen. Dolphin does the same as well

DRGN

Technowizard
I got this error when I dropped the ISO on the bat file.

Just fixed it, tested it on Win10, and updated the download link. Try it now
\

I can't rebuild my root file. What could be the cause of this?
You need to hit save first, then specify a filename, then the rebuild portion won't be grayed out anymore.

But if you still have trouble, just read a few posts above for the Beta02 build.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat

Thank you so much..

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Note: This is from 4.0 Beta01 I haven't tested this in Beta02 yet. But I'll edit this post when I do.

Ummm... why are there ledges in the middle of Battlefield?

Is this a bug with Custom Battlefield? Because I couldn't get that working either. (I'm using Dolphin.)

Also, I couldn't get the builder to work. I got this error when I dropped the ISO on the bat file.

I just tried to recreate this on Dolphin and couldn't get my character to teeter. Tried on regular Battlefield and a custom. Others please try.

Just went through and tried again. Yes, I hit the save changes button at the bottom of GCR; Rebuild is still grayed out.
At the top menu bar,
Root -> Save
-and then-
Root -> Rebuild
Please make floor flat.
Please try these updated stage files.

NEW FILES ( DRGN DRGN )
GrNFg fixes.zip
Overwrite files in your current ISO/20XX root folder.

Last edited:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I just tried to recreate this on Dolphin and couldn't get my character to teeter. Tried on regular Battlefield and a custom. Others please try.
I figured out what happened.

When you have the Water Background turned off, Battlefield (All three customs and vanilla) turn into what is set for Custom Battlefield 2. But... it doesn't look that way.

I had put the top platform at the same vertical level as the main stage. That caused the teeter animation.
(It should have been at '-0' instead of '0'.)

So, I guess I have to keep the water background on for now.

EDIT:

I set the platforms all at the same level... and now Falcon is floating.

Show me your moves! (while standing on nothing)

Last edited:
Top Bottom