• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

sciencerob

Smash Rookie
NNID
sciencerob
3DS FC
0619-4703-6966
Does this no longer work for PC? I followed the instructions included to a T and i get errors when i attempt to select a stage for 20xx.

EDIT:

More specifics:

I downloaded this [ http://www.mediafire.com/download/23tdh0mt76mxbv1/20XX File Replacements [3.02].zip ] to build the ISO and followed the instructions exactly. The only different was the following instruction which was vague: "
LAST STEP
11) At the top, hit "Root" --> "Rebuild"
- it will rebuild your ISO and save it to the destination you chose"

following this step i hit rebuild and did not get a option to save it so I assumed since I didn't get any option it might just be saving over the previous desitination i chose.

Images are as follows:

20xx loaded up working as proper
http://i.imgur.com/u8YatxB.jpg

About to attempt so start playing by selecting a stage
http://i.imgur.com/jYaVfwm.jpg

crash
http://i.imgur.com/1vTxpk7.jpg

EDIT 2: I just redownloaded everything and followed a guide which duplicated everything i choose to do with the same results as previously (crashing). I know I have the right ISO because I am able to do netplay with standard melee. I'm not sure what is going on.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Does this no longer work for PC? I followed the instructions included to a T and i get errors when i attempt to select a stage for 20xx.

EDIT:

More specifics:

I downloaded this [ http://www.mediafire.com/download/23tdh0mt76mxbv1/20XX File Replacements [3.02].zip ] to build the ISO and followed the instructions exactly. The only different was the following instruction which was vague: "
LAST STEP
11) At the top, hit "Root" --> "Rebuild"
- it will rebuild your ISO and save it to the destination you chose"

following this step i hit rebuild and did not get a option to save it so I assumed since I didn't get any option it might just be saving over the previous desitination i chose.

Images are as follows:

20xx loaded up working as proper
http://i.imgur.com/u8YatxB.jpg

About to attempt so start playing by selecting a stage
http://i.imgur.com/jYaVfwm.jpg

crash
http://i.imgur.com/1vTxpk7.jpg

EDIT 2: I just redownloaded everything and followed a guide which duplicated everything i choose to do with the same results as previously (crashing). I know I have the right ISO because I am able to do netplay with standard melee. I'm not sure what is going on.
The new netplay code set causes this. Turn the code off or change the game ID.

sciencerob

Smash Rookie
NNID
sciencerob
3DS FC
0619-4703-6966
Any ID in particular I should change it to? Also.. how would i go about changing the game ID?

Edit: Now I can play a game but when I got to the debug menu and change a setting and attempt to exit out of debug it crashes. (only thing i have done is turn off netplay settings)

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Any ID in particular I should change it to? Also.. how would i go about changing the game ID?

Edit: Now I can play a game but when I got to the debug menu and change a setting and attempt to exit out of debug it crashes. (only thing i have done is turn off netplay settings)
Anything that isn't GALE01 works but people who netplay 20XX use GALEXX generally. You can just open your ISO with a hex editor and it's the first 6 bytes.

Make sure you have no codes on whatsoever.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Is there a way to slow down time at all without going into training mode? I want to practice something on a computer with random DI and techs in slow motion without going frame by frame.

Last edited:

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I'm looking to install 20XX on dolphin 4.0.2
Could somebody link me to a super-noob tutorial on everything that needs be done ? (and I mean everything : how to get the melee rom to run on dolphin, extracting files compiling etc).
I've been browsing SB and YT but now I can't figure out what to do because I'm stoopid...

EDIT

got the 20XX iso working, but dolphin crashes instantly if I enable ARcodes like "unlock stages/chars".
also, if im not on the right thread and I'm annoying everyone, please do tell me.

Last edited:

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Ganondorf Sword Mod [Achilles]
  • Hold A+B while starting a match as Ganondorf to have him hold his sword throughout the entire match.
    • Does not affect gameplay.

---> gif <---
[/COLLAPSE]

Spacies Gun Size Mod [Achilles, Bazza]
  • Hold A+B while starting a match as Fox or Falco to have huge guns (~6x the size).
    • Both space animals share the same memory location for gun size.

---> gif <---
yus.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hi. I'm looking to install 20XX on dolphin 4.0.2
Could somebody link me to a super-noob tutorial on everything that needs be done ? (and I mean everything : how to get the melee rom to run on dolphin, extracting files compiling etc).
I've been browsing SB and YT but now I can't figure out what to do because I'm stoopid...

EDIT

got the 20XX iso working, but dolphin crashes instantly if I enable ARcodes like "unlock stages/chars".
also, if im not on the right thread and I'm annoying everyone, please do tell me.
First, 4.0.2 is really outdated, get the newest Dolphin here.
20XX already unlocks everything, that's why the code makes it crash. Don't enable any codes and it will work fine.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
First, 4.0.2 is really outdated, get the newest Dolphin here.
20XX already unlocks everything, that's why the code makes it crash. Don't enable any codes and it will work fine.
Hi again. well my 20XX does nothing : nothing is unlocked, and when I select "debug mode" I still end up in "tournament melee". only difference is title screen/20xx character slots.

something I forgot to switch on in dolphin ?

1-upz

Smash Rookie
I followed the instructions correctly, but Nintendont says "The Disk Drive could not me initialized" could someone help :(

sciencerob

Smash Rookie
NNID
sciencerob
3DS FC
0619-4703-6966
Are there any files I can remove once I install everything via homebrew? Hoping to fit 20xx and PM on a single 2gig SD and after installing 20xx i have don't seem to have the room.

Ilde

Smash Rookie
Hey, love the 20xx pack! I just saw your video about the frame counter and it seems super useful, but I only have my pc to play so Im stuck with dolphin. Are there any plans to make the code work on dolphin too? Cheers

cdb813

Smash Rookie
The game freezes every time I get Uthrowed by fox after I input the Dair --> Grab --> UThrow --> *Intelligent* Uair

Any idea what's wrong?

Dillyne

Smash Rookie
This currently works for me on Dolphin 6554, but however when I change something in the debug menu and press start on the title it crashes. Also in All-Star when I fight Bowser. I've rebuilt the iso already but still doesn't fix.

CeLL

Smash Lord
This currently works for me on Dolphin 6554, but however when I change something in the debug menu and press start on the title it crashes. Also in All-Star when I fight Bowser. I've rebuilt the iso already but still doesn't fix.
Disable Global Melee Netplay Settings.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance we could just get the CPU's to shine after a techroll instead of shine > wd down? It's really annoying that they keep SD'ing off the platforms on yoshis.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Sup @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 <3 how difficult would it be to force the computer to spot dodge after a tech roll?

IMO this would be way better than shine, since all characters can do it, and it's a significantly more powerful option than getup>shine (pretty bad option LOL)

lmk

ChessMix

Smash Rookie
Sup @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 <3 how difficult would it be to force the computer to spot dodge after a tech roll?

IMO this would be way better than shine, since all characters can do it, and it's a significantly more powerful option than getup>shine (pretty bad option LOL)

lmk
Shine is really good for practicing tech chases.

Last edited:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Shine is really good for practicing tech chases.
shine is way worse as fox or falco. shine loses options that beat sidestep (wait a moment and punish), and also loses to options that sidestep beats (spaced grab, any attack that barely misses the timing window but not on the frame of the shine).

I actually don't think there's any time when raw shine is actually a better option than sidestep shine, except for the 1 frame window where sidestep is vulnerable and shine isn't, and baiting out the dodge but not spacing outside of shine.

I understand why shine is there, and I think it's far better than doing nothing, so that's awesome. I'm convinced that sidestep is much stronger practice, though.

Tyranids

Smash Rookie
Where';s the ****ing rock?

edit: and the cannon? what is the pojnt with no cannon

Last edited:

TheBardlyBard

Smash Cadet
Can anyone help me with something, I have been having a problem with 20XX, every time i go in training mode, after i hit someone a few times, i lose control of my character, cant press any buttons, and he just walks off the stage.

I rebuilt the ISO and everything, but when i load Nintendont and go to 20XX, i get this every time.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Would i be possible to make a setting in which you respawn on the ledge? (This would be very helpful for practicing ledge stuff)
Thanks in advance!

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
This looks so great, wish I could play it. As it stands, DIOSMIOS only loads the disc instead of 20XX, and Nintendont flat out crashes every time lol

Achilles1515

Smash Master

lmk
Nice to hear from you again, Scar. This is a great suggestion and something that I would definitely like to put in 20XX 4.0. There have been a couple people suggesting more CPU features like this in the past few months.

I have yet to get to the point of rewriting the P2 action codes for the new version, though, so I'll keep this in mind when I start. Looking back at how I wrote things for 20XX 3.02...it's just so...primitive. I am a much better programmer now and have a greater understanding of how the game functions and how to retrieve important player-state variables. Therefore, my quest for perfection leaves me with no choice but to rewrite everything. It will be so worth it in the long run, but I still need to iron out some details of how to create a smooth system.
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Would i be possible to make a setting in which you respawn on the ledge? (This would be very helpful for practicing ledge stuff)
Thanks in advance!
That is what save states are for. Don't save/load a state when you are actually grabbing the edge, though. Save the state when you are falling right above the edge.
Is there a way to slow down time at all without going into training mode? I want to practice something on a computer with random DI and techs in slow motion without going frame by frame.
Not until next version, where you'll be able to change the game speed for regular vs modes.

Is there any chance we could just get the CPU's to shine after a techroll instead of shine > wd down? It's really annoying that they keep SD'ing off the platforms on yoshis.
If I keep this CPU tech in the next version, I'll make sure to add in a check to see if they are on a platform. I didn't know how to do that before.

Top Bottom