• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Has anyone had success with changing the random song pool in 20XX? I've done like 7 or 8 music hacks on various stages, and ideally I'd like to make only those songs and some regular melee tracks I like be in the random pool.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I tried following the method outlined in your post here about this, and seemed to properly locate and alter the random song pool in the 20XX DOL, but when I set random music on after doing this, the music doesn't even randomly cycle at all, and songs which are completely absent from the allowed song pool still play on their respective stages as if random music isn't on at all. Any idea what might be the cause of that? I really like the idea of being able to put lots of music hacks on my 20XX and letting them shuffle ^^

"Removals
Link/Young Link Super Boomerang Jump"

Can anyone confirm that this is no longer a thing in the 20XX map pack? I was really hoping to practice it, but I suppose I can switch back to normal melee.

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
It would be possible to add a code to have CPUs recover to the ledge instead of coming back to the stage? It would be sick, imo.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Bug report
When using the "freeze player 2 with active hitboxes and intangibility" code, the frozen character's hitboxes eventually stopped affecting me (I'm not sure what caused this to happen, but it occurred after approximately 5 minutes and after I had loaded states several times). Furthermore, the character stopped responding to most codes; I tried the "disable all player 2 codes" code, several of the action codes (such as roll out of shield), and the toggle invulnerability code, none of which had any effect. I am quite sure I was able to toggle hurtbubble display, but I can't remember reliably.

I restarted the match using L+R+A+B+Start, and when I did so Marth was frozen in place and flattened top to bottom (I assumed he was invisible at first until I went and tried to hit where he should be). He was tangible and hitting him would move him about (though he abruptly stopped moving much sooner than normal; I assume he stopped when he would otherwise transition between animations or something like that). He was still unaffected by codes, though I could toggle hurtbubbles. When I loaded a state, he became permanently intangible while remaining unaffected by codes as before. I turned off the Wii at this point.

Here is a gallery of photographs of the flattened Marth: http://www.imgur.com/a/rn838

Some of the photographs are below:

This is Marth on the platform after I loaded the state I made while we were both in spawning positions.

This is the same situation with hurtbubbles displayed.

This is after I hit him a few times while he was still tangible (before I loaded the state).

Last edited:

Enz0wn

Smash Rookie
I'm using the 20XX Hack Pack on Dolphin, and I can't get the Debug menu to work. Every time I back out of the Debug menu, it takes me to the Start Screen like normal, but upon pressing Start, Dolphin crashes. Everything else works, except the Debug Menu. I've tried different versions of Dolphin but cannot get it to work. Any idea what could be causing the crash?

harrisoff

Smash Rookie
I'm using the 20XX Hack Pack on Dolphin, and I can't get the Debug menu to work. Every time I back out of the Debug menu, it takes me to the Start Screen like normal, but upon pressing Start, Dolphin crashes. Everything else works, except the Debug Menu. I've tried different versions of Dolphin but cannot get it to work. Any idea what could be causing the crash?
I'm having the same exact problem.

Stride

Smash Ace
I'm having the same exact problem.
Read the FAQs (the link is in the main post).

Mingo

Smash Cadet
umm is there supposed to be an &&systemdata folder in my 20xx file, because there isn't. and when i try to open GCRebuillder to add a texture hack it just says "Folder &&systemdata not found"???

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Is there a way to put texture hacks such as different stage looks character costumes etc.

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
I've managed to play the hack through Nintendont, but only in black and white (PAL TV).
I've tried forcing PAL60 but it doesn't work, any solutions?

EDIT: Solved. I used this same solution. I think could be helpful adding this piece of info to the main post.

Last edited:

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone know why my sheik will not di or do anything else when i hit her like the other chars? I tried making my cpu turn into sheik but it did not work.
Zelda works fine she dis all the time but sheik is not doing it.

D

Deleted member

I’m a little confused about your sentence regarding projectiles. Can you explain further? You technically don’t need to be playing Teams mode to have Dual 1v1 still in effect. So if you have FF turned off, you can select team colors (to designate who will fight who) and then go back to Free For All and Dual 1v1 will work like normal. Maybe this was your issue?
As flieskiller said, if I change back to FFA after setting up teams how I want (who should fight whom in Dual 1v1), projectiles and only projectiles will hit anyone in the fight.

EDIT: I could be doing something wrong or out of order somehow, but the resulting problems were always the same, regardless of order or optional settings (No ability to finish the fight with Winners or Winners+ and no projectile immunity from the other fight if Team Battle is off)

Last edited by a moderator:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is there a way to put texture hacks such as different stage looks character costumes etc.
Anything in the texture thread works with 20XX just fine.

Hey does anyone know why my sheik will not di or do anything else when i hit her like the other chars? I tried making my cpu turn into sheik but it did not work.
Zelda works fine she dis all the time but sheik is not doing it.
I'm not sure what you mean. You said your CPU Sheik doesn't DI, then said you can't make a CPU Sheik. To make the CPU be Sheik, read the FAQs.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Anything in the texture thread works with 20XX just fine.

I'm not sure what you mean. You said your CPU Sheik doesn't DI, then said you can't make a CPU Sheik. To make the CPU be Sheik, read the FAQs.
Lol. It sounds like hes saying that making the cpu sheik didnt work. Not that he couldnt make the cpu sheik. But I could be reading too much into his post.

AirFair

Marth tho
Hey, just wondering, say that my friend is playing blue falco's alternate. Can I play regular blue falco, or has he taken it already? I can't test it out rn so I had to ask.

lord karn

Smash Master
I just got the hack pack (loading through nintendont) and for some reason I can't turn off my light shield (holding it down when I plug in the controller). Is this a known bug? And if so, is there any way around it?

Stride

Smash Ace
I just got the hack pack (loading through nintendont) and for some reason I can't turn off my light shield (holding it down when I plug in the controller). Is this a known bug? And if so, is there any way around it?
I'm guessing you're using Nintendont?

If you are using Nintendont to load the 20XX pack, then you may experience problems such as the analogue stick and triggers being read incorrectly, and being unable to trigger trick your controller (holding down the trigger as you plug the controller in to prevent light shields from being registered).
◦ The cause of these issues is Nintendont's default method of handling controller input; if you are experiencing them then you should enable Nintendont's "native control" setting, which should fix the input issues by allowing the Wii to handle the input itself. Alternatively, switching to DIOS MIOS will accomplish the same thing with respect to the input issues.
Old versions of Nintendont and the default setting for newer versions implement the input itself, which probably causes this. Enable Native Input (or something similar) and it'll use the real, actual input handling method that should work fine.
I've edited the FAQs to make the relevant section clearer and to explicitly mention trigger tricking not working as a symptom (is symptom the right word in this context?).

Last edited:

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
I just want the CPU to sit there any do one move over and over to practice my DI but i cant figure it out.

Im trying to use the up Dpad+L+R thing to make marth FSmash but I cant get it to work he either just stands there flashing or does a bunch of netural airs till he kills himself.

Stride

Smash Ace
I just want the CPU to sit there any do one move over and over to practice my DI but i cant figure it out.

Im trying to use the up Dpad+L+R thing to make marth FSmash but I cant get it to work he either just stands there flashing or does a bunch of netural airs till he kills himself.
Did you read the instructions in the OP?

achiles1515 said:
(L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam [Achilles]
  • After button activator is pressed, P2 stands still and a color tint is given to P2 for 3 seconds.
  • After 3 seconds has elapsed, P2 will spam whatever input P1 is inputting at that exact moment.
    • So remember, it's not the last move you did. It's the button input you are doing after 3 seconds runs out.
  • Only applies to buttons and joystick. C-STICK IS NOT REGISTERED.
---> gif <---
So, you should: activate the code, input a forward smash with left/right+A, and then hold it until the CPU starts spamming it.

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Native Control, in Nintendon't options. Turn it on.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
So when I try to load 20XX on my wii, it plays for a bit then quickly crashes. When I try to load it in dolphin, its 100% fine. Any help please?

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
If you're using Nintendon't then I'm getting the same thing in r299. It works fine (apart from the music disappearing occasionally) in r296 though.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Ah. Hey guys. I've been playing this on Nintendont, and if I try to play a set versus real people the game will freeze after a few minutes. How did you guys fix this?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Mm, no one gonna confirm the Y.Link super boomerang jump thing, eh?
It's gone. It was broken. But it will be back.

As flieskiller said, if I change back to FFA after setting up teams how I want (who should fight whom in Dual 1v1), projectiles and only projectiles will hit anyone in the fight.

EDIT: I could be doing something wrong or out of order somehow, but the resulting problems were always the same, regardless of order or optional settings (No ability to finish the fight with Winners or Winners+ and no projectile immunity from the other fight if Team Battle is off)
Hmm okay, thanks. I'll try and look at it. I didn't create the original code for swapping checks for friendly fire being on for attacks/projectiles so it may take some heavier investigating. I likely just messed something up in my code somewhere though.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 any idea of when the next update will be released?
No, not yet. But big strides were made on Sunday and Monday, so that's good. It's starting to come together.

@ The Realest The Realest , another "issue" with the release date is that I keep finding better ways to write my codes. I'm trying not to cut any corners and do everything right from here on out, if I feel like I know how to. This means spending time rewriting a lot of current codes, but it will just be better in the long run and will allow me to add things in the future more easily, or just condensing code and making it more efficient. - just a factor of getting better and more experienced with ASM.

Last edited:

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here is a compiled version of the installer. Haven't tested yet, will do so today. Will also make an instructional and explation video of it.

http://svpf.dr.k.vr.lt:82/~melee/~doq/installer_v2-beta.zip

20XX version 3.03 is bundled in this installer release. Will make a 3.02 version upon request.

More on this later.
What's new in 3.03?

Also @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
Will the next version have any new cpu DI options?
e.g.
-CPU levels DIing differently
-a toggle for different DI's
-or a toggle to get the same DI they just did to you (which would be neat... maybe make it so that save state can save that data and one load option resets it and another one does not or something).

Also I see there is a beta (3.03) out. Is that the latest version or did I miss a post? Also will you continue to release betas?

Btw this hack has helped my practice in so many ways. Thank you very much. This hack is amazing.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
You rang?

It seems you've already read my guide. Nintendont uses no cIOS, and the IOS 58 is official Nintendo IOS 58. You can use NUS Downloader to grab it and WAD Manager to install it.

You also have a PAL Wii, so when you get set up, set the video mode to PAL60. Users have reported this working.

Also disable your custom HBC themepack. This will stop -1 error.
hey, sorry for the super-late answer.
In the end, I was forced to install ciOS236 and Dios Mios, and it sucks bucause I know that it "ruins" the ability to read gamecube games by default.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the last problem that I reported. I had already read on the original FAQ but the weird thing is that I had no custom theme at all. Only the standard "blue" one. I even went as far as to delete the HBC save so that it re-created it, but in the end I never got past this problem. I even asked on the Nintendont gbatemp thread but nobody cared =(. Thanks anyway...

p.s. PAL60 did work, even for Dios Mios =)

edit :
also @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I have encountered a small bug, maybe just reported. Basically, if I start the P2 (CPU) as Sheik sometimes during the game it will randomly teleport across the stage. Literally (not with up b). No big deal, but I wondered if it happens when it tries to down B, not 100% sure though since I think sometimes it was in the air. I can make a video if needed but that's literally what happens.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
hey, sorry for the super-late answer.
In the end, I was forced to install ciOS236 and Dios Mios, and it sucks bucause I know that it "ruins" the ability to read gamecube games by default.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the last problem that I reported. I had already read on the original FAQ but the weird thing is that I had no custom theme at all. Only the standard "blue" one. I even went as far as to delete the HBC save so that it re-created it, but in the end I never got past this problem. I even asked on the Nintendont gbatemp thread but nobody cared =(. Thanks anyway...

p.s. PAL60 did work, even for Dios Mios =)

edit :
also @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I have encountered a small bug, maybe just reported. Basically, if I start the P2 (CPU) as Sheik sometimes during the game it will randomly teleport across the stage. Literally (not with up b). No big deal, but I wondered if it happens when it tries to down B, not 100% sure though since I think sometimes it was in the air. I can make a video if needed but that's literally what happens.
=(

Sorry that wasn't your problem.

The sheik thing is intentional and does happen on Transform.

Play4Fun

Smash Rookie
Hi Achilles, great work with the 20XX pack, really loving it so far.

The question I have can probably be answered by anyone with a bit more experience than me though. Is it possible to cram in more stuff in the 20XX iso? I've successfully replaced a lot of textures for both character skins and stages, however, now that I also want to change the music of the game it's getting a bit tricky. I've managed to create some hps files as per this guide, but I was unable to make my hps longer (as in play length) than the original hps I started out with. I started looking around and found this guide explaining what I had to do to make longer hps, but it also says that I cannot exceed the memory space that the original iso had.

My question is therefore, is it possible to simply cram in more stuff into the iso if I load it via a SD card? And if not, is there anything that could be deleted (replaced by smaller files) to free up some space? :)

P.S. Well crap, apparently I can't link stuff yet, well whatever. The first guide is the hps making guide by GSUB, whereas the second guide is "Preparing your ISO for Music Hacks" by Theftz22.

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
I'm having an issue with changing things in debug mode.

Whenever I turn on the L-cancel colors, or the hitstun colors, then back out, the game crashes. I'm using dolphin 4.0-652 with the most recent 20XX.

Anyone know what's happening?

Top Bottom