• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
So I've only delved into the "action state engine" a little bit, but basically understand how to disable certain actions or make a different action happen than the one that was supposed to happen. So I've had this idea for awhile....one simple action change that I believe would make CPU Fox much better.
Code:
CPU's U-Smash Instead of Jab Most Times (1.02) [Achilles]
C208ABC0 00000009
3DE08045 61EF3088
89DE0678 1DCE0E90
7DCF702E 2C0E0001
40820024 3DC0804D
89CE5F93 2C0E0060
41800014 3DC08008
61CECA38 7DC903A6
4E800420 7C0802A6
60000000 00000000
Right now it affects all CPUs which is not ideal (Marth, for example), but it's just a test code to see if I could do it. It is meant for fighting a lvl 9 Fox, I guess...

Play around with it and tell me what you think!

Btw, the rate of U-Smash'ing instead of jabbing in the above code is found in the line "2C0E0060". The last byte "60" can be adjusted from 00 to FF. 00 would be always U-Smashing and FF would be never U-Smashing.

Man I love you for this

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi Achilles!

I had a special demand for a further 20xx version. I know the whole thing is about practicing VS (especially vs spacies) but I also love HomeRun Contest. In result of modifying CPUs behavior, the sandbag now freezes the game when I try to HRC.

I had 3 demands regarding this:

1. Can you remove the changes mades to the sandbag, so it doesn't have any behavior? (which would prevent game freeze)
2. Can you make the stadium 10x more far? HRCers have this sad limit of 3458.5m or 11347.2ft of solid ground, and around 5000m the game just completely freezes. We wanted a wider stadium since day 1!
3. (not quite related but would be a great idea to add) is a button layout, just like in brawl. I'm not much a fan of the whole thing, and it's actually quite bad for people who want to polish their tournament play, yet, this add-on would be great for more casual players.
I have no idea if lengthening the HRC is feasible or not. I'm not too involved with stage hacking and don't have the knowledge at this point to pursue something like that. I'll try and make sure the sandbag works normally in the next release.

Creating custom button layouts would be a TON of work...first having to do the R&D to attempt to find EVERY line of code that monitors a button input in-game. And then injecting custom ASM at those lines of codes to reference debug menu values on a per player basis. It's just so much work and something I'm not interested in at the moment.

Hey everyone, apologies in advanced if this is something that has been answered before.

I was wondering, is there a way to customize which stages are default toggled "on" for random stages when selecting the hacked stages after booting up the hack pack? I ask because I really only like Pokemon no transformations and New Green Greens, and I would really like to be able to customize which stages are defaulted to on so I don't have to sift through and disable them everytime I startup the game. If I can change it in GALE01 or something file-related that would be fine.

A very simple QOL upgrade really
Not currently. I'll put it on the to-do list to write some code to make it save your random toggle values. I think that will be pretty easy.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi Achilles!

I had a special demand for a further 20xx version. I know the whole thing is about practicing VS (especially vs spacies) but I also love HomeRun Contest. In result of modifying CPUs behavior, the sandbag now freezes the game when I try to HRC.

I had 3 demands regarding this:

1. Can you remove the changes mades to the sandbag, so it doesn't have any behavior? (which would prevent game freeze)
2. Can you make the stadium 10x more far? HRCers have this sad limit of 3458.5m or 11347.2ft of solid ground, and around 5000m the game just completely freezes. We wanted a wider stadium since day 1!
3. (not quite related but would be a great idea to add) is a button layout, just like in brawl. I'm not much a fan of the whole thing, and it's actually quite bad for people who want to polish their tournament play, yet, this add-on would be great for more casual players.
I have no idea if lengthening the HRC is feasible or not. I'm not too involved with stage hacking and don't have the knowledge at this point to pursue something like that. I'll try and make sure the sandbag works normally in the next release.

Creating custom button layouts would be a TON of work...first having to do the R&D to attempt to find EVERY line of code that monitors a button input in-game. And then injecting custom ASM at those lines of codes to reference debug menu values on a per player basis. It's just so much work and something I'm not interested in at the moment.

Hey everyone, apologies in advanced if this is something that has been answered before.

I was wondering, is there a way to customize which stages are default toggled "on" for random stages when selecting the hacked stages after booting up the hack pack? I ask because I really only like Pokemon no transformations and New Green Greens, and I would really like to be able to customize which stages are defaulted to on so I don't have to sift through and disable them everytime I startup the game. If I can change it in GALE01 or something file-related that would be fine.

A very simple QOL upgrade really
Not currently, but thats a good idea. I'll put it on the to-do list to write some code to make it save your random toggle value.

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Dumb question but does anyone know if 20xx and melee or any game for that matter will work for this whole USB loading thing on an external hardrive (ie one that has to be plugged in. It comes with "essential software" on it, for it to function i assume. )? also i have music files on there would thoes have to be deleted?

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a visual effect on hit for the Nipple Spike of Captain Falcon? It's hard to tell sometimes if the d-air was a failed meteor cancel or a spike. A visual effect like a flame hit similar to the special attacks of Falcon would be great.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Can we get a visual effect on hit for the Nipple Spike of Captain Falcon? It's hard to tell sometimes if the d-air was a failed meteor cancel or a spike. A visual effect like a flame hit similar to the special attacks of Falcon would be great.
If you want it to have fire, you could simply change its element. http://smashboards.com/posts/13605606/

I actually think that's a pretty cool idea.

Edit: In fact, I thought it was so cool I made it for myself. Here you are http://www.mediafire.com/download/0x9eg0kha1l0s7o/PlCa_Fire_Spike.dat

I made a gif to show people (I used my keyboard, L-cancelling is hard xD) http://i.imgur.com/RlxqaV6.gif

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
You can tell by the angle they fly at, and it's only a nipple spike if they are basically inside your chest. It's not too hard to tell.

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
Hi I love the mod and I'd like to make a suggestion. I've always really wanted a way to play with the Japanese language sounds while keeping the english text and other things. I wonder about the possibility of the Japanese voices and / or maybe even other language setting specific things like the motion sensor bomb being toggleable in the debug menu or something. If possible perhaps on an individual character basis even, i.e American sounds Jigglypuff vs. Japanese sounds Falco. Just a suggestion and keep up the awesome work on this mod.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
So I'm trying to load 20XX ISO using Nintendont and the app freezes after the following message:

Loading patched kernel... 2
ES_Init... Done
Initing devices...

At this point all I can do is hard reset the Wii and scratch my head as I've unable to find any useful info about the problem.

I'm using a Sony 16gb flashdrive formatted in FAT32 with the correct file structure to load melee. Does anyone have some insight?

Turns out I needed to format to 32k cluster on my flashdrive, oops.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Yeah, I realized after posting the request that it was a modification in the file of the character instead of a Gecko code or something.
I'm basically guessing here, but I bet you could actually make it so that it flashed SPIKE! at the top of the screen by changing the textures for the timer (idk if those are the same as the damage percents) and making the timer switch to whatever time has the numbers you replaced with the letters for a second whenever that hitbox connects lol. So it could (maybe) be done with a code or dol mod.

Last edited:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Ok so I've managed to boot into 20XX but there might be something wrong with the ISO? I followed Beanwolf's guide correctly so everything should be there.

For one it won't let me toggle PAL modes for characters, the only thing I can toggle are 2 alt costumes for Fox and Marth (and alt characters like sopo)
Closing a character window doesn't display 20XX, it just displays N/A
Also hacked Pokemon Stadium doesn't load blue textures and displays a padlock on the stage select screen.

I haven't played around with it for long so I haven't picked up on much, at this stage I'm mostly just curious as to why this happening? If I can get PAL alts to load than I'll be happy to put up with whatever else may be missing for the time being. Default CPUs appear to behave as outlined in the OP.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Ok so I've managed to boot into 20XX but there might be something wrong with the ISO? I followed Beanwolf's guide correctly so everything should be there.

For one it won't let me toggle PAL modes for characters, the only thing I can toggle are 2 alt costumes for Fox and Marth (and alt characters like sopo)
Closing a character window doesn't display 20XX, it just displays N/A
Also hacked Pokemon Stadium doesn't load blue textures and displays a padlock on the stage select screen.

I haven't played around with it for long so I haven't picked up on much, at this stage I'm mostly just curious as to why this happening? If I can get PAL alts to load than I'll be happy to put up with whatever else may be missing for the time being. Default CPUs appear to behave as outlined in the OP.
Old version. Download the latest from the op.

X7000liteF0X

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who dosen't have all the custom stages or is it just coming for the next update?
New stages added to the Hacked Stage Select Screen!
  • All-Star Heal
  • Bonus: Race to the Finish [Classic]
  • F-Zero Grand Prix [Adventure Mode]
  • Escape from Brinstar [Adventure Mode]
  • Termina Great Bay Hacked [Milun]
  • Target Test Stages!

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
The 20XX Pack is currently in beta; this means some features will not be implemented yet despite the menu options for them being present, and despite them being implemented in the previous builds.

If something was in the previous release but isn't in the beta, it's most likely going to be added back in eventually.

Read the 4.00 beta release post and search the thread before posting bug reports about these features.

Temporarily missing or broken features include but are not limited to: CPUs jumping out of hitstun and shining on wakeup, CPU action commands (hold shield, action spam, etc.), character modification codes (Luigi always misfire, force Peach turnip pull outcome), and most alternate stage textures.

Troubleshooting/Known Issues/Frequently Asked Questions

This is written with version 3.02 in mind. Many points will still apply to other versions, but some may not; there may also be known issues with other versions which are not covered here. This list will be updated for version 4.xx once it is out of beta.

Look in the main post for instructions and information pertaining to the in-game toggles, alternate textures, etc.

• When using Nintendont, the analogue sticks and triggers are read incorrectly, causing problems with execution that requires precise analogue control such as shield dropping. Also, if a trigger is held down when the game is started up, then the trigger position will not be registered as the default trigger position.
◦ This means that holding down a trigger as the controller is plugged in to prevent lightshields from being registered ("trigger tricking") does not work. It also renders the game unplayable if a controller has been modified by pushing down the analogue sliders for the triggers (which happens if a trigger spring is removed), as the trigger will register as being held down at all times.
◦ The cause of these issues is Nintendont's default method of handling controller input, which is to emulate the Gamecube's input handling rather than letting the console handle it directly. Enable Nintendont's "native control" setting, which will fix the input issues by allowing the Wii to handle the input natively. Alternatively, you could switch to DIOS MIOS (which does not have any known input handling issues).
• The game freezes after a short amount of time if using Nintendont.
◦ Caused by an issue with Nintendont which has since been resolved; update to the latest version (which is linked on the official Nintendont website: http://nintendont.net/).
• The game is unmodified apart from menu textures (i.e. all features are missing; no debug menu, no automatically unlocked stages/characters, no C-stick in single player mode, etc.).
◦ Caused by "Start.dol" not being placed in the "&&systemdata" folder when compiling the .iso.​

◦ When copying the 20XX files in the "File Replacements" folder into the decompiled .iso, everything in that folder should be placed in root except for "Start.dol", which should be placed in "&&systemdata" instead.​

• Some but not all features, such as PAL characters, alternate costumes, or certain debug mode/in-game toggles are missing.
◦ Caused by using an outdated version of the 20XX hack pack. Download the most recent version from the main post.​

◦ The current version number is indicated in the main post at the top of the page. Post-3.00 versions indicate the version number ingame at the top of the debug menu.​

◦ Pre-3.00 versions have a blue debug menu with white text, which easily distinguishes them from more recent versions (which have a grey debug menu with yellow/white text). If you installed the version linked in the description of Beanwolf's installation tutorial video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbglwFv5PmA), then you will have installed v2.06 (which is outdated). Again: download the most recent version from the main post.
• When playing on Dolphin, the game freezes or crashes upon pressing start at the start menu or after selecting a stage.
◦ This is a side effect of the netplay codes. To fix this, disable the global netplay codes.
When playing on Dolphin, the debug menu appears to be empty (displaying the grey background but no text), though it can still be used like normal.
◦ Certain graphics backends do not display the menu correctly. This problem can be fixed by changing the graphics backend (in the options menu under "Graphics"->"General"->"Backend").​

• Some text, mainly punctuation/symbols, contains "pixels"/"static". This is visible in places such as the name entry screen/player tags and the TV in the background of Pokémon Stadium.
Text is messed up because I added codes in the DOL in area that I thought was "free space" but was actually part of the letter textures. I should be able to have this totally cleaned up in the next version.
◦ This will be fixed in the next update.​

• Certain codes do not work on Dolphin.
Important Note: Due to the way in which Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code, some of the new codes in 3.00+ may not execute their purpose correctly in Dolphin. Everything will work on console though, which is most important.
They don't work in Dolphin because Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code (the DOL contents specifically), and runs it from this cache instead of from the actual code lines that I have access to. Generally speaking, if I wanted to modify a code line, initially loaded from the DOL, in the middle of the game (like making changes in the Debug Menu and then progressing through the Start Screen), it will work on console but not on Dolphin. Even though the same changes happen, the emulator just ignore the change.

For example, the Always Misfire code. When Luigi does a side-b, the game calculates whether or not to misfire and then spits back a 1 (misfire) or 0 (dont misfire). My Always Misfire code changes the part of that functions that loads 0, and tells it to load 1 instead. So when it runs through the Luigi side-b function, it will always output a 1 and misfire. This is a code line that is in the DOL, and therefore doesnt work properly when turning it on/off with Dolphin. The current workaround is to make your change, save the memory card, exit out of Dolphin and reboot 20XX and then it will work.

I just realized this fact a long time ago when I was uber confused that a code wasn't working on Dolphin, but then tried it on console and it worked.

Dan Salvato recently wrote a code to flush the cache during a "scene change" so it should no longer be a prevalent issue in the next version.

• The Sheik CPU will occasionally teleport to the ground.
◦ This is a side effect of the method used to prevent the CPU transforming into Zelda. There is currently no solution to this problem.​

• The blue Pokémon Stadium texture (used in the no-transformations version of the stage) and red Captain Falcon alternate costume texture do not display.
◦ The cause of this problem is not entirely clear; it occurs on certain setups but not others. Switching from Nintendont to DIOS MIOS or vice versa has been reported to fix this issue in some cases.
It's not a function of the ISO itself. If Aelo ran the ISO in Dolphin, red C. Falc and Blue PS would work. It has something to with the USB/SD device and/or the program that is loading the ISO. It works for some people, but not for others and I'm not sure exactly why.
◦ This will be fixed in the next update.
• The camera on the no transformations version of Pokémon Stadium does not work correctly; it always acts the way the camera on vanilla Pokémon Stadium does during a transformation.

• Activating the hitbubble display on Dreamland causes the characters to become invisible. This also happens occasionally on Pokémon Stadium (depending on the camera angle), and possibly other stages too.
◦ This is a bug with the hitbubble display in vanilla Melee. There is currently no known solution to this issue.​

• Playing single player modes, viewing trophies, or playing with Japanese language settings can cause the game to freeze.
◦ This is caused by trophy textures/Japanese-specific files being overwritten so that new elements (such as PAL character .dat files) can be added in their place. When the game tries to load the overwritten files it crashes. Avoid using these modes until the issue is resolved.​

◦ This should be fixed in the next version as the result of a new method for adding these features. The method is outlined in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...ophies-sharing-my-last-wip-mod-thingy.379629/

• The CPU cannot be changed to Sheik/SoPo/Giga Bowser/Fighting Wire Frame on the character select screen.
◦ You cannot toggle the character while holding the CPU's character selection token; you can only toggle the character while holding a player's character select token.

◦ Hover the player's token over the character, press the Z button, put down the player's token, and then place the CPU's token on the character. The characters remain toggled universally, so toggling the character for one player will also toggle it for all players and CPUs.​

• CPUs escape from Donkey Kong's Cargo Throw abnormally quickly.
◦ This is caused by the CPU's repeated DI/tech inputs causing them to mash out (Cargo Throw requires a very low number of inputs to mash out of, which makes the effect more noticeable). There is currently no known solution to this issue.
• There are various minor issues with the CPUs which are side effects of their modifications, including but not limited to airdodging to their deaths when they exit hitstun or when trying to shine->wavedash down upon wakeup. There are currently no known solutions to these issues.

• When using the "salty runback" feature (L+R+A+B+Start while paused) to reset a match, the match will be restarted with the default stage music even if the random stage music toggle is on. There is currently no known solution to this issue.

• The invincibility in-game toggle (X+up) does not affect player 3.
• Remember that some issues may be caused by accidental toggling of codes (people have complained of things like "increased chances of phantom hits" because they've accidentally toggled invulnerability). If the 20XX pack is being used in a tournament, then be sure to change the settings to match vanilla Melee in all relevant areas (disable the in-game toggles, enable Dream Land wind, disable L-cancelling visual cues, etc.).

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
The end all be all toggle for new versions:
vMelee Mode - Disables all new 20XX features, so you're left with a vanilla copy (Debug Mode still works of course).

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 [/USER]
I've put together a list of known bugs; it can either be linked from the main post and I'll maintain it or just added to the main post and maintained by you.

Troubleshooting/Known Issues
For problems pertaining to the in-game toggles, refer to the relevant code's section of original post for known issues and workarounds; it is very likely your issue is documented there.

• Missing features such as PAL characters and alternate costumes, debug mode/in-game toggles, or alternate stages.
◦ Caused by using an outdated version of the 20XX hack pack; download the most recent version from the original post.​

◦ The current version number is indicated in the original post at the top of the page. Post-3.00 versions indicate the version number ingame in the debug menu (at the top of the screen).​

◦ Pre-3.00 versions have a blue debug menu with white text, which easily distinguishes them from more recent versions (which have a grey debug menu with yellow/white text). If you installed the version linked in the description of Beanwolf's installation tutorial video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbglwFv5PmA), then you will have installed v2.06 (which is outdated). Again, download the most recent version from the original post.
• When playing on Dolphin, the game freezes upon pressing start at the start menu.
◦ Disable global netplay codes.

• Some text, mainly punctuation, contains artefacts ("pixels"/"static"). This is visible in places such as the name entry screen and the TV in the background of Pokémon Stadium.

• Certain codes do not work in Dolphin.

◦ There is no solution to this besides using console wherever necessary.​

◦ This is a side effect of the method used to prevent the CPU transforming into Zelda. There is currently no solution to this problem.​

• Blue Pokémon Stadium texture and Red Caption Falcon alternate costume textures do not display.
◦ The cause of the problem is not currently known, but it may be dependent on which method is used to load the 20XX image; try switching from DIOS MIOS to Nintendont or vice versa and see if that resolves the problem.​

• Playing single player modes, viewing trophies, or playing with Japanese language settings can cause the game to freeze.
◦ This is caused by trophy textures/Japanese-specific files being overwritten so that new elements (such as PAL character DAT files) can be added in their place. When the game tries to load the overwritten files it crashes. There is currently no solution besides avoiding using these modes.​

◦ This should be fixed in the next version as the result of a new method for adding these features. It is outlined in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...ophies-sharing-my-last-wip-mod-thingy.379629/

• Being unable to change the CPU to Sheik/SoPo/Giga Bowser/Fighting Wire Frames on the character select screen.
◦ This is possible, but you can't toggle the character while holding the CPU's character selection token; you can only toggle the character while holding a player's character select token.

◦ Hover the player's token over the character, press the Z button, put down the player's token, and then place the CPU's token on the character. The characters remain toggled universally, so toggling the character for one player will also toggle it for all other players and CPUs.​

• CPUs mash out of Donkey Kong's Cargo Throw abnormally quickly.
◦ This is caused by the CPU's repeated DI/tech inputs combined with the low number of inputs required to mash out of Cargo throw. There is currently no solution to this problem.
• When using the satly runback feature (L+R+A+B+Start) to reset a match, the match will be restarted with the default stage music even if the random stage music toggle is on. There is currently no solution to this problem.

• There have been reports of miscellaneous issues such as the analogue stick and triggers being read incorrectly, which have no clear cause; in many cases, there is no change made in the 20XX hack pack that should logically cause these issue. It is not clear whether they are caused by the 20XX hack pack or if they are a result of other issues such as bugs in the USB loader being used (Nintendont is a possible cause). Some issues are mentioned here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/2rew8b/psa_regarding_20xx/

Remember that some issues may be caused by accidental toggling of codes (people have complained of things like "increased chances of phantom hits" because they've accidentally toggled invulnerability); if 20XX is being used for a tournament, be sure to change the settings to match vanilla Melee in all relevant areas (disable all in-game toggles, enable Dream Land wind, etc.).
On certain features not working in Dolphin (especially the last sentence):
They don't work in Dolphin because Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code (the DOL contents specifically), and runs it from this cache instead of from the actual code lines that I have access to. Generally speaking, if I wanted to modify a code line, initially loaded from the DOL, in the middle of the game (like making changes in the Debug Menu and then progressing through the Start Screen), it will work on console but not on Dolphin. Even though the same changes happen, the emulator just ignore the change.

For example, the Always Misfire code. When Luigi does a side-b, the game calculates whether or not to misfire and then spits back a 1 (misfire) or 0 (dont misfire). My Always Misfire code changes the part of that functions that loads 0, and tells it to load 1 instead. So when it runs through the Luigi side-b function, it will always output a 1 and misfire. This is a code line that is in the DOL, and therefore doesnt work properly when turning it on/off with Dolphin. The current workaround is to make your change, save the memory card, exit out of Dolphin and reboot 20XX and then it will work.

I just realized this fact a long time ago when I was uber confused that a code wasn't working on Dolphin, but then tried it on console and it worked.

Dan Salvato recently wrote a code to flush the cache during a "scene change" so it should no longer be a prevalent issue in the next version.
And on Red Falcon/Blue Stadium:
The red Falcon alt and blue pokemon stadium will be fixed in the next update.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hey guys. I just got this on NIntendont, and whenever I play multiplayer, the game sometimes freezes randomly. Is there any way to get around this?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Are textures replaceable in 20xx?

I tried replacing captain falcons blue skin with one from: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/

it and it froze after I chose a stage. Ive been using 20xx for a while and this is the first time it has ever frozen on me so I know it has to do with the texture replacement.

All i did was open the 20xx ISO in GC rebuilder, found PlCaBu.dat, imported the new one from the texture hacks thread over it, clicked save, then booted 20xx like normal. After I chose a stage it froze.

Any advice? thanks.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Are textures replaceable in 20xx?

I tried replacing captain falcons blue skin with one from: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/

it and it froze after I chose a stage. Ive been using 20xx for a while and this is the first time it has ever frozen on me so I know it has to do with the texture replacement.

All i did was open the 20xx ISO in GC rebuilder, found PlCaBu.dat, imported the new one from the texture hacks thread over it, clicked save, then booted 20xx like normal. After I chose a stage it froze.

Any advice? thanks.
Yes, of course they can. Just make sure you're replacing PlCaBu.dat with a texture designated to replace the blue falcon color.

The end all be all toggle for new versions:
vMelee Mode - Disables all new 20XX features, so you're left with a vanilla copy (Debug Mode still works of course).
Working on it. In some form or fashion.

Am I the only one who dosen't have all the custom stages or is it just coming for the next update?
New stages added to the Hacked Stage Select Screen!
  • All-Star Heal
  • Bonus: Race to the Finish [Classic]
  • F-Zero Grand Prix [Adventure Mode]
  • Escape from Brinstar [Adventure Mode]
  • Termina Great Bay Hacked [Milun]
  • Target Test Stages!
You're not using version 3.02. Rebuild the ISO with the files from the main post.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 [/USER]
I've put together a list of known bugs; it can either be linked from the main post and I'll maintain it or just added to the main post and maintained by you.

Troubleshooting/Known Issues
For problems pertaining to the in-game toggles, refer to the relevant code's section in the original post for known issues and workarounds; it is very likely your issue is documented there.

• Missing features such as PAL characters and alternate costumes, debug mode/in-game toggles, or alternate stages.
◦ Caused by using an outdated version of the 20XX hack pack; download the most recent version from the original post.​

◦ The current version number is indicated in the original post at the top of the page. Post-3.00 versions indicate the version number ingame in the debug menu (at the top of the screen).​

◦ Pre-3.00 versions have a blue debug menu with white text, which easily distinguishes them from more recent versions (which have a grey debug menu with yellow/white text). If you installed the version linked in the description of Beanwolf's installation tutorial video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbglwFv5PmA), then you will have installed v2.06 (which is outdated). Again, download the most recent version from the original post.
• When playing on Dolphin, the game freezes upon pressing start at the start menu.
◦ Disable global netplay codes.

• Some text, mainly punctuation, contains artefacts ("pixels"/"static"). This is visible in places such as the name entry screen and the TV in the background of Pokémon Stadium.

• Certain codes do not work in Dolphin.

• Blue Pokémon Stadium texture and Red Caption Falcon alternate costume textures do not display.
• The camera on the no transformations version of Pokémon Stadium does not work correctly; it always acts the way the camera on vanilla Pokémon Stadium does during a transformation.

• Activating the hitbubble display on Dreamland causes the characters to become invisible. This also happens occasionally on Pokémon Stadium (depending on the camera angle), and possibly other stages too.
◦ This is a bug with the hitbubble display in vanilla Melee. There is currently no known solution to this issue.​

◦ This is caused by trophy textures/Japanese-specific files being overwritten so that new elements (such as PAL character DAT files) can be added in their place. When the game tries to load the overwritten files it crashes. Avoid using these modes until the issue is resolved.​

◦ This should be fixed in the next version as the result of a new method for adding these features. It is outlined in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...ophies-sharing-my-last-wip-mod-thingy.379629/

• Being unable to change the CPU to Sheik/SoPo/Giga Bowser/Fighting Wire Frames on the character select screen.
◦ You cannot toggle the character while holding the CPU's character selection token; you can only toggle the character while holding a player's character select token.

◦ Hover the player's token over the character, press the Z button, put down the player's token, and then place the CPU's token on the character. The characters remain toggled universally, so toggling the character for one player will also toggle it for all other players and CPUs.​

• CPUs mash out of Donkey Kong's Cargo Throw abnormally quickly.
◦ This is caused by the CPU's repeated DI/tech inputs combined with the low number of inputs required to mash out of Cargo throw. There is currently no solution to this problem.
• When using the satly runback feature (L+R+A+B+Start) to reset a match, the match will be restarted with the default stage music even if the random stage music toggle is on. There is currently no solution to this problem.

• There have been reports of miscellaneous issues (such as the analogue stick and triggers being read incorrectly) which have no clear cause; in many cases, there is no change made in the 20XX hack pack that should logically cause these issue. It is not clear whether they are caused by the 20XX hack pack or if they are a result of other issues such as bugs in the USB loader being used (Nintendont is a possible cause). Some issues are mentioned here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/2rew8b/psa_regarding_20xx/

Remember that some issues may be caused by accidental toggling of codes (people have complained of things like "increased chances of phantom hits" because they've accidentally toggled invulnerability); if 20XX is being used for a tournament, be sure to change the settings to match vanilla Melee in all relevant areas (disable all in-game toggles, enable Dream Land wind, etc.).
DUDE! Thank you so much. This is the stuff that I need help with. I'll be adding it to the main post soon!

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Yes, of course they can. Just make sure you're replacing PlCaBu.dat with a texture designated to replace the blue falcon color.

Working on it. In some form or fashion.

You're not using version 3.02. Rebuild the ISO with the files from the main post.

DUDE! Thank you so much. This is the stuff that I need help with. I'll be adding it to the main post soon!

OH ok thanks, I didn't know they were color slot specific.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
If you want it to have fire, you could simply change its element. http://smashboards.com/posts/13605606/

I actually think that's a pretty cool idea.

Edit: In fact, I thought it was so cool I made it for myself. Here you are http://www.mediafire.com/download/0x9eg0kha1l0s7o/PlCa_Fire_Spike.dat

I made a gif to show people (I used my keyboard, L-cancelling is hard xD) http://i.imgur.com/RlxqaV6.gif
This is awesome man! which file are you suppose to replace with this in the ISO?

ShibyX

Smash Rookie
I'm having issues with the move spammer. When I hold L + R + up dpad the pc spams jump down smash or just flashes red and does nothing.

gosudice

Smash Rookie
Having trouble opening gcr_v1.0 using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Getting error: "GCRebuilder is a program for working with Nintendo game has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

This happen to anyone? Please help!

KhAOS_

Smash Rookie
First of all, great work!

I have a problem with loading stages. Everytime I load any stage, it doesn't load the stage. Neither is it freezing (because the background music of the menu is still playing). I tried loading the Hack pack with different Loaders (USB Loader GX, Nintendont, DIOS MIOS)
I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm having issues with the move spammer. When I hold L + R + up dpad the pc spams jump down smash or just flashes red and does nothing.
Hold L+R, then press dpad up, then hold whatever action you want the CPU to spam until it starts spamming it.

Last edited:

Green Ranger

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to increase the amount of time it takes for CPUs to mash out of grab? They mash out so fast I can't practice my cool grab **** :<

BTW, great work on the mod! This thing is fantastic. I really appreciate the time you put into it

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is there a way to increase the amount of time it takes for CPUs to mash out of grab? They mash out so fast I can't practice my cool grab **** :<

BTW, great work on the mod! This thing is fantastic. I really appreciate the time you put into it
CPUs mashing out of cargo grab extremely quickly is a known issue caused by the tech inputs, as mentioned a few posts above.

If you want a temporary fix by disabling the CPU teching:
In the DOL @ offset 0x820, try changing 4180000c to 60000000

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Dumb question but does anyone know if 20xx and melee or any game for that matter will work for this whole USB loading thing on an external hardrive (ie one that has to be plugged in. It comes with "essential software" on it, for it to function i assume. )? also i have music files on there would thoes have to be deleted?
Go buy an 8 gb SanDisk thumb drive for 6 bucks
i know i already have one but id rather do it on the hard drive cause it has like a full TB that way i can get way more games on it.
Sorry to be so persistent but, does anyone know if this will work?

bunnymeninc

Smash Rookie
I am running 20XX thru nintendont on my wii u but am having trouble... It seems that the game is just a reskind melee save, I don't have all the chars or stages, I can't use the toggle options, and the debug mode is just tournament mode with a different button.

My guess is that something happened with the replacement files on the SD or possibly that I'm not supposed to have selected "create save file" at the start. Anyone have this happen to them?

Top Bottom