• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Disable Screen Rumble
044807EC 00000000

So this code completely disables the screen from shaking. This happens during a lot of events in a match, specifically things like strong attacks, throws, missing a tech, grabbing the edge (I think), Pokemon stadium transforming, etc..

It makes the game play look really smooth, but a little odd at the same time because we have been playing with the screen shaking for 13 years. Our brains naturally know when it is supposed to happen in-game and when it doesn’t, you notice the effect immediately. I think I like it off though…idk…it’s just super interesting to play with. You guys have to try it.

That actually sounds really good! And i know the perfect for use for it! Sometimes when practicing, you want a flat level with no ledges to fall off of. The home run contest level would be that level but the only problem is that the camera shakes tremendously on it for some reason. This could possibly fix that!

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
Hey Achilles,

I've been experiencing a random freeze issue for the first time on 3.0 and 3.01. I have all ingame toggles turned off, and most of the debug menu as close to vanilla melee as possible. It seems like it may be linked with using many alternative skins overtime. It happened a few times on stream with KDJ when we were playing. It has continued happening even after 3.01 rebuild. I play on Dios Mios Lite via SD card. I've never had any unknown issues in the past.

One example is at one hour thirty eight minutes into the following VOD.

http://www.twitch.tv/liquidkdj/b/578849590

Let me know if I can provide any other information to help figure out the problem. Thanks.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
While we talk about flat levels and Home Run Contest, do you have other tips for making this level playable? (By that I mean optimized settings).
I know at some point I was able to be P2 (In general). Now I can't get that to work. Being P2 makes you take the Sandbag's role, camera wise.
What happens if you "Fix the Camera" with X + D-Pad Right, being P2?
I tried fixed camera being P1 and I found that Cstick Down cancels Fixed Camera for some reason.

Also, might be a silly question, how do I be P2, P3 or P4 on Dolphin?

Last edited:

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Hey @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , been really loving your 3.0/3.01. I've been talking with Carroll and I've come up with some suggestions, mostly for stuff that will make running 20XX better for tournament play based on our experiences at Man on a Ledge.
  • Change the toggle for alt costumes or PAL characters to something more complex
    • This is a similar problem to the "Hold A for Large Guns" issue. People just can't seem to keep their hands off the damn triggers on the CSS lol. We've actually had people in port 3 accidentally play PAL characters in bracket.
    • On top of that, people get confused when you tell them how to disable the alt/PAL character and they don't get instant visual feedback (until they redrop their token).
    • Carroll and I originally talked about toggling the CSS stuff all on and off, but I know that would probably be a TON of work, so I think making the toggles something like L + A or R + A, just something people will have to very consciously enable or disable.
  • Toggle to show only the 6.5 legal stages on the CSS
    • Only show Random + YS, BF, FD, FoD, DL, PS, KJ + Handwarmer stage????
    • Maybe permanently auto-strike the rest if actually clearing off icons is too much work?
  • Handwarmer Stage?
    • This is Carroll's idea, have some sort of stage that's specifically for handwarmers so commentators know exactly what's going on.
    • Maybe the All-Star teleporter stage? With disabled teleporter of course. Not sure if it has blast zones for when pause is off.
    • Is there any way for it to auto-toggle on time mode when the stage is chosen? So if you picked the handwarmer stage, you'd only get EXACTLY 30 or 60 seconds to warm up.
Now just for some of my personal suggestions:
  • Toggle off all items and trophies in Adventure, Classic, and All-Star
    • My theory is that this is what causes single player modes to freeze most of the time, since you've been replacing the trophy model data with costumes.
    • Disabling item spawns or just trophies would allow these modes to be playable
    • Single Player with no items would be sick.
Also, how exactly can I edit the logos on the CSS, Stadium, and Dreamland? I can't just open the textures in Melee Toolkit and replace them so how would I go about doing that?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey Achilles,

I've been experiencing a random freeze issue for the first time on 3.0 and 3.01. I have all ingame toggles turned off, and most of the debug menu as close to vanilla melee as possible. It seems like it may be linked with using many alternative skins overtime. It happened a few times on stream with KDJ when we were playing. It has continued happening even after 3.01 rebuild. I play on Dios Mios Lite via SD card. I've never had any unknown issues in the past.

One example is at one hour thirty eight minutes into the following VOD.

http://www.twitch.tv/liquidkdj/b/578849590

Let me know if I can provide any other information to help figure out the problem. Thanks.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I personally have not had any freezing issues like that, but I also have not done an extended play session on 3.00/3.01 yet. Are there more times within the video when that happens? Let me know if you have any more timestamps. This could help me investigate, but I don't really have any ideas on the source problem at the moment.

Has anyone else been having this issue?

While we talk about flat levels and Home Run Contest, do you have other tips for making this level playable? (By that I mean optimized settings).
I know at some point I was able to be P2 (In general). Now I can't get that to work. Being P2 makes you take the Sandbag's role, camera wise.
What happens if you "Fix the Camera" with X + D-Pad Right, being P2?
I tried fixed camera being P1 and I found that Cstick Down cancels Fixed Camera for some reason.

Also, might be a silly question, how do I be P2, P3 or P4 on Dolphin?
Go to Config (at top) --> Gamecube --> change any player to a "Standard Controller"

Yeah, the camera is just weird in general on that stage. Turning on fixed camera just shows the main platform and is pretty useless.

I guess playing as P2 would just be best. I really haven't messed around too much on this stage, other than practicing waveshining right before I started to get into actual hacking.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I personally have not had any freezing issues like that, but I also have not done an extended play session on 3.00/3.01 yet. Are there more times within the video when that happens? Let me know if you have any more timestamps. This could help me investigate, but I don't really have any ideas on the source problem at the moment.

Has anyone else been having this issue?

Go to Config (at top) --> Gamecube --> change any player to a "Standard Controller"

Yeah, the camera is just weird in general on that stage. Turning on fixed camera just shows the main platform and is pretty useless.

I guess playing as P2 would just be best. I really haven't messed around too much on this stage, other than practicing waveshining right before I started to get into actual hacking.
So I did what you said. And I can now choose human for say P4. But I can't be it.
I got a Mayflash converter and it only has two ports.
So the question remains, how do I get to be P4?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I did what you said. And I can now choose human for say P4. But I can't be it.
I got a Mayflash converter and it only has two ports.
So the question remains, how do I get to be P4?
Well you need to set P4's controller map to something. Just go to that same menu you did for P1 and choose P4.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Bug report:
When using endless friendlies, if you cancel the loading of the next game (using L+R+A+Y), the the next time you try to enter the character sect screen in versus mode a new game will automatically start instead of bringing up the character select screen. This doesn't happen if you quit during a game.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Speaking of endless friendlies bugs, I forgot I had one.

So I was using the character cycle thing feature, and it worked beautifully until the match with the third selected character ended. Then it closed the port, and loaded the match. The matches from then on finished before they started, and the only way to get out was to press L+R+Start while it was loading a stage.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I also had my game freeze on 3.0 during a tournament. I'm not sure what I did other than toggling a samus skin because I wasn't sure if it was on or not. I think I closed the character portrait box as well. I think it froze when I started a match.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Hey @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 have some sort of stage that's specifically for handwarmers so commentators know exactly what's going on.
I doubt tourneys would force players to play handwarmers on a specific stage. Also, I doubt they'd want to use a stage without ledges or platforms... I mean... that severely limits the basic practice that most people do during handwarmers.

Also, if you were in tournament why wouldn't you use the code that toggles off all the codes? Are the PAL characters included still when the codes are toggled off? Its the responsibility of both players to verify codes are off if you are playing in tourney on a modded version. Though maybe a visual indication of codes being off from the CSS would be useful for that purpose.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
When I was talking to beanwolf I was thinking of the idea of a "Tournament Edition 20XX" one we could test drive at our MOAL weeklies.

Basically what I was thinking was a version that

- boots the CSS

- has an Rumble option at the CSS. (Like in the early 20XX versions. Only reason people would need to go back out of melee mode)

- no pal or special color slots for characters

- a stage selection screen with only the 6.5 legal stages. + (a hand warmer stage. See below)

- a dedicated hand warmer stage. (Something for our players to warm up on while waiting for commentary and/or commentary to clearly know it's a hand warmer. I think we meant the All star level just for the warp to the next stage thing. Idk if that can be messed with. Maybe we can get some use out of the Pokemon stadium with no transforms. Idk if you can change the look of one and not the other but that would be more then enough to warm up on.)

Let us know what's up

xx7king7xx

Smash Rookie
hi guys ive been trying to get the 20xx hack pack and i have a few questions first i have the 20xx 3.0 file and i tried burning it on a dvd disc and i burned it succesfully but it wont play on my wii i have a bootmii on my wii and a gc backup launcher and so im wondering why it wont work. any replys to this would be greatly appertained if need any other details or specifics i can definitely respond also ive already did the intructions on the video so idk what to do.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
POST has been edited.
I can imagine a handwarmer stage being like a hybrid of Battle Field and Yoshi's Story. So basically Battle Field layout but with vertical walls on the edge of the stage. Add in the blastzones from Dreamland.
Flip the platform heights while you're add it and I think we might have, not just a kick ass handwarmer stage, but also a tournament legal one.

"Handwarmers"
Vertical Stage walls. Platform heights are flipped.

I wish I could do stage hacks.
If noone takes this request on, I might just get into it myself

How does that sound PGH Caroll?

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
3.01 bug report:
you can make a lot of textures corrupted, but still have the game fully playable, its really weird, even the menus are ****ed.
Step 1, play a game on final destination with items on.
2. pause and ragequit within the first few seconds of the match, the game will crash otherwise. The pause screen textures should be corrupted.
3. certain types of textures or certain texture files are now corrupted (I believe it effects textures whos colors are determined by offsets, like pretty much everything in EfCoData.dat, and some other textures with transparency), the game works like normal, just dont go back to FD with items on.

Notes: it looks cool and you can play a legit match with it. Battlefeild looks awesome, mewtwos eyes turn pitch black, and I cant find away to reverse the glitch without rebooting the whole game. I am using dios mios lite with an SD card.

I think this has some useful applications too, it tells you what is and what is not this specific type of texture (for example fox and falcos laser barrel exhaust is not this type of texture) and it tells you how big certan textures are. Also the player number sign that appears when you are idle is affected by this, so I assume it can be edited. I kinda want this glitch to stay in or be an option because its really cool. Also WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?!

Last edited:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I can imagine a handwarmer stage being like a hybrid of Battle Field and Yoshi's Story. So basically Battle Field layout but with vertical walls on the edge of the stage. Add in the blastzones from Dreamland.
Flip the platform heights while you're add it and I think we might have, not just a kick *** handwarmer stage, but also a tournament legal one.

How does that sound PGH Caroll?
That looks FILTHY.
I don't know what people can and can't do with stage hacking but any way we can cosmetically change it to like an all white looking stage? Think like that smash 4 loading stage with that sandbag. I just wanted something that people can warm up what ever they wanted. That BF Yoshis hybrid looks dope. If you make it you get to name it. That's the rule!

Firejew

Smash Cadet
3.01 bug report:
you can make a lot of textures corrupted, but still have the game fully playable, its really weird, even the menus are ****ed.
Step 1, play a game on final destination with items on.
2. pause and ragequit within the first few seconds of the match, the game will crash otherwise. The pause screen textures should be corrupted.
3. certain types of textures or certain texture files are now corrupted (I believe it effects textures whos colors are determined by offsets, like pretty much everything in EfCoData.dat, and some other textures with transparency), the game works like normal, just dont go back to FD with items on.

Notes: it looks cool and you can play a legit match with it. Battlefeild looks awesome, mewtwos eyes turn pitch black, and I cant find away to reverse the glitch without rebooting the whole game. I am using dios mios lite with an SD card.

I think this has some useful applications too, it tells you what is and what is not this specific type of texture (for example fox and falcos laser barrel exhaust is not this type of texture) and it tells you how big certan textures are. Also the player number sign that appears when you are idle is affected by this, so I assume it can be edited. I kinda want this glitch to stay in or be an option because its really cool. Also WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?!
I was experimenting with this. Rainbow FD is the code that causes crazy stuff to happen. There is no crash when using items on normal FD. The results of the glitch can vary. I got on camera the character select slots are closed, but the only time off camera I got the character select slots half open. After a character is KO'd or sometimes after a character enters the magnifying glass, the lighting gets super messed up and dependent on the number of white particle effects on screen (wind from dashing, the little puffs from rolling, when you get stomped while on the ground at a high percent and the steam/smoke clouds that rise with your lifeless body). If you pause the game it will be nothing but black. If you pause the game when white particle effects are on screen, the game will be lit according to how many/how early in the animation/creation of those white particles there are. Mewtwo's eyes have a black overlay and look spoopy as fuark, this overlay is also affected by the number of white particles on screen. Ganon and CF kick are sick, missiles look rad.
10/10 glitch. I'm using 3.01 on a USB drive.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I was experimenting with this. Rainbow FD is the code that causes crazy stuff to happen. There is no crash when using items on normal FD. The results of the glitch can vary. I got on camera the character select slots are closed, but the only time off camera I got the character select slots half open. After a character is KO'd or sometimes after a character enters the magnifying glass, the lighting gets super messed up and dependent on the number of white particle effects on screen (wind from dashing, the little puffs from rolling, when you get stomped while on the ground at a high percent and the steam/smoke clouds that rise with your lifeless body). If you pause the game it will be nothing but black. If you pause the game when white particle effects are on screen, the game will be lit according to how many/how early in the animation/creation of those white particles there are. Mewtwo's eyes have a black overlay and look spoopy as fuark, this overlay is also affected by the number of white particles on screen. Ganon and CF kick are sick, missiles look rad.
10/10 glitch. I'm using 3.01 on a USB drive.
I also tried this glitch and it is indeed f*** awesome. just started an item match on rainbow fd, then ragequit and boom. so many effects and textures have now kinda pixel shape, kinda reminds me of minecraft :D

omg if someone could control this...

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Would it be possible for computers set to specific tasks (such as holding shield) to still be able to randomly DI on hit/throw and randomly tech?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Not sure if this is the right place to post suggestions like these, but here is another one
"Balcony"
obviously not tournament legal. But still a fun wall-jumper and a good handwarmer stage

"Penthouse"
Elevated floor. Lower platforms. No middle platform. Vertical stage walls.

Last edited:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Yo Achilles would it be too much trouble to add in a modded stage that has ledges with platforms underneath it on each side for the next update? It would be really helpful to use when learning to haxdash and invincible ledgedash since when you mess up you don't die and you can get back to practicing it without waiting to spawn and get back to the ledge again. I and probably many others would greatly appreciate it. Also just a quick question what does the green that nana turns with hit/hurtboxes on during a belay (UpB) mean? I think green usually means reflective properties like on shine and ness's fsmash but nana turns green during a belay, I know during belay she is invincible most of the time but invincibility frames are usually indicated with blue like shown by shine and rest.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Yo Achilles would it be too much trouble to add in a modded stage that has ledges with platforms underneath it on each side for the next update? It would be really helpful to use when learning to haxdash and invincible ledgedash since when you mess up you don't die and you can get back to practicing it without waiting to spawn and get back to the ledge again. I and probably many others would greatly appreciate it. Also just a quick question what does the green that nana turns with hit/hurtboxes on during a belay (UpB) mean? I think green usually means reflective properties like on shine and ness's fsmash but nana turns green during a belay, I know during belay she is invincible most of the time but invincibility frames are usually indicated with blue like shown by shine and rest.
Get to the Ledge. Save State. Practice Hax Dash. When fail, emediatly Load State. Repeat
:)

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
After I have airdodged off stage and try to load a save state it just puts me out of free fall but still falling from the airdodge and for haxdash practice its usually an airdodge downward so on fast fallers i still die every time and if i dont it takes a while recover anyways

Last edited:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
After I have airdodged off stage and try to load a save state it just puts me out of free fall but still falling from the airdodge and for haxdash practice its usually an airdodge downward so on fast fallers i still die every time and if i dont it takes a while recover anyways
edit: I also realized that if you try to load the state right after you die which is inevitable if you are attempting this repetitively and load just a tad too slow then the entire game freezes.

real edit: oops that wasn't an edit ****ed up formatting lol

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Get to the Ledge. Save State. Practice Hax Dash. When fail, emediatly Load State. Repeat
:)
Guys, make sure to NOT save a state while actually holding the edge. I remember that this causes issues/bugs/freezing. The best thing to do would be to jump above the edge and fall down to it. Right before you grab the edge (but still in "Fall" action state), save the state. That should be the way to do it to not cause freezes.

Sorry that I have been MIA for a bit. There's a lot to respond to. I'll try and get to it all tonight.

Oh, and green collision bubbles is invincibility. Invincibility is the body state your character is in right after leaving the revival platform - when players hit you, they suffer hitlag.

Blue collision bubbles is intangibility. Intangibility is what your teammate is to you with friendly fire off. Attacks pass through the character with the attacker suffering no hitlag.

I thought I had these labeled in my post, but it looks like I don't. I'll add these descriptions to the main post when I get a chance.

Last edited:

Firejew

Smash Cadet
If you watch my video of the captain falcon becoming one with the fox he grabs you can see how you should practice hax dashes. Note how he falls a tiny bit before grabbing the ledge when I load states. With the correct height you can load state from anywhere on the stage (except from underneath the stage on the opposite side) and immediately grab the ledge. Make sure you're facing the direction of the ledge when you load the state or else you'll just fall to your death (also it's hilarious).

CeLL

Smash Lord
If you watch my video of the captain falcon becoming one with the fox he grabs you can see how you should practice hax dashes.
RIP Captain Falcon. He has finally become One with the Fox.

For a real post, is there anywhere that the dol mod for the alt costumes is documented?

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
RIP Captain Falcon. He has finally become One with the Fox.

For a real post, is there anywhere that the dol mod for the alt costumes is documented?
I want to know this too. Here is the only post I could find about how alt costumes works.

jln_k

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been having an issue with the 3.00 and 3.01 versions of the 20xx hack pack. When launching the game through dolphin, I am taken directly to the CSS, and the game is fully playable. However, anytime I go back to the start screen, I cannot return to any other part of the game. This includes going back to the start screen by pressing B to exit the debug menu and pressing B repeatedly from CSS to get there. I've tried redoing the whole process a few times with both versions. Any idea on a way to fix this?

Last edited:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I've been having an issue with the 3.00 and 3.01 versions of the 20xx hack pack. When launching the game through dolphin, I am taken directly to the CSS, and the game is fully playable. However, anytime I go back to the start screen, I cannot return to any other part of the game. This includes going back to the start screen by pressing B to exit the debug menu and pressing B repeatedly from CSS to get there. I've tried redoing the whole process a few times with both versions. Any idea on a way to fix this?
I had this problem before. Turn off your global netplay settings AR code, the 20xx hack pack now shares ar code toggles with the regular game with the newest update.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Not sure if this is the right place to post suggestions like these, but here is another one
"Balcony"
obviously not tournament legal. But still a fun wall-jumper and a good handwarmer stage

"Penthouse"
Elevated floor. Lower platforms. No middle platform. Vertical stage walls.
Just to clarify this, the only person who has ever been at all successful with Melee stage hacking is milun and he doesn't do anything Melee related anymore. The most anyone can do at the moment is change the coordinate of platforms and spawns. That's it.

Edit:

I'll be joining you.
http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-stage-hacking-documentation-warning-not-user-friendly.328552/

Last edited:

Ray_Rages

Not even mad
Has anyone else experienced a bug where you confirm a name tag and it switches your port to a CPU?

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else have a problem where their 8 character tags are cut down to 6 characters after they are made? For example lets say I made the tag "ACHILLES" it would end up as "ACHILL"

Last edited:

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
hey guys, do i have to have anything on my SD or is it just the recompiled iso that i need as evertime i go to USB loader GX it lets me click Mellee but when it does it goes to black screen then the wii's disk drive flashes blue until i turn it off. i play PM a lot and have never had problems running wii games off USB before. Is it maybe something in my usb loader settings? i want to go play in BEAST 5 but my mellee game is really bad so i need to sort that out and the 20xx hack seems key to that so any help would be much obliged. Cheeeeeeeers guys sorry about this (me and all 100 others above that have different problems)

Top Bottom