• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

CeLL

Smash Lord
My experiment from the day!

Need to add two baby hitboxes on the bottom left and right (maybe), a frame speed mod to make it a little faster, and then also make it jump cancellable. It'll be the "shine" Falcon deserves!

@ Stratocaster Stratocaster , @ Doq Doq , @sdremix_troubleshooter
I'm sorry, did you say "Master Ball Pokémon Stadium"? Imo, that should be in the pack instead of blue for no transformations.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You've really gone and outdone yourself this time Achilles. From the new debug menu to the formatting of the OP, it's all perfect!

Reloadnrepeat

Smash Rookie
10/10 mod, though I found out Endless Friendlies doesn't quite work all the time. The issue is that it sometimes starts a match with just me, and because it's a stock match it instantly ends and gets stuck in a loop of instantly starting and ending matches.

Deleting junk names after making an extended tag also deletes some of the characters in the name above it if it's 6+

Using latest version, SD card loaded

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is hitlag an action state? I'm curious because I want to know how or if I should account for it in the frame counter thing when practicing aerials.
No, hitlag is not an action state. I'm fairly certain that when in hitlag, you are frozen in your current action state frame for
10/10 mod, though I found out Endless Friendlies doesn't quite work all the time. The issue is that it sometimes starts a match with just me, and because it's a stock match it instantly ends and gets stuck in a loop of instantly starting and ending matches.

Deleting junk names after making an extended tag also deletes some of the characters in the name above it if it's 6+

Using latest version, SD card loaded
****. I experienced that problem with Endless Friendlies once. I was doing it against a computer (I think P2) when it happened. I forget if I did anything to try and fix it, or if I attributed it to spoofing the controller, but it never happened to me with two humans. Can you give details of when you experienced the bug?

Someone brought up the name tag issue. It makes sense because the game is shifting every proceeding name tag up a slot and it doesn't know that the usable area for nametags has been extended. I'll need to look into that function to see if I can modify it. Sorry about that.

So you're on SD card....does blue pokemon stadium and alt red falcon work for you?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just wanna report something
Hitting a human controlled Training Partner causes the training partner to become CPU controlled until I quit training / re-enter.
I was about to test some PAL stuff then I noticed this CPU behavior, reason I was testing because this list seems to be more detailed than the changes you mentioned/sourced from. I'm not sure which one is more accurate though.
Thanks for the report. I'll have to look into it.
Is hitlag an action state? I'm curious because I want to know how or if I should account for it in the frame counter thing when practicing aerials.
No, it is not. Your character is frozen when in hitlag and your action state frame counter does not continue until after hitlag ends. (this is just how the game naturally counts frames).

tested out the new stuff more, I seem to be in that camp of no blue pokemon stadium and no red falcon. (later i know how to fix and former i dont really care) Pal marth seems to work for me, at least the toggle does.
loading from USB or SD?

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
hi im loading from an SD card on dios mios, and every time it loads, it's super slow and the music loops over and over. it gets stuck every time it tries to load a stage. ive re done building the iso 3 times now. any suggestions?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
hi im loading from an SD card on dios mios, and every time it loads, it's super slow and the music loops over and over. it gets stuck every time it tries to load a stage. ive re done building the iso 3 times now. any suggestions?
What kind of sd card are you using? Is it generic? I would guess it's just too slow to handle Melee, or maybe formatted incorrectly. Have you tried loading vanilla Melee on it?

Last edited:

Reloadnrepeat

Smash Rookie
****. I experienced that problem with Endless Friendlies once. I was doing it against a computer (I think P2) when it happened. I forget if I did anything to try and fix it, or if I attributed it to spoofing the controller, but it never happened to me with two humans. Can you give details of when you experienced the bug?

Someone brought up the name tag issue. It makes sense because the game is shifting every proceeding name tag up a slot and it doesn't know that the usable area for nametags has been extended. I'll need to look into that function to see if I can modify it. Sorry about that.

So you're on SD card....does blue pokemon stadium and alt red falcon work for you?
I dunno what I was doing earlier because I just tried every possible combination of spoofing P2 controller, having a real controller, and having the second slot set to CPU and HMN and I can't get it to not work again

Red Falcon alt and Blue Stadium are not working

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
When I was using configurable usb loader to load melee using usb, red falcon alt and blue pokemon stadium did not work. I then switched over to dios mios lite and using a 4gb SDHC card and it did work (same iso btw), so does it have to do with loading from usb I'm guessing?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
20XX 3.0 with Magus' Frame Speed Modification (SSBM 1.02).dol

FSM entries begin at 0x4089b0 in the DOL.
(All of the SDR 3.1 FSMs have been copied to this location in the above DOL)

The animation engine code is injected directly above this. As you can see (in a hex editor), there is still a lot of free space above the injected code that could be used for FSMs (if the code & table were all shifted up for example). Either that or for future codes that will be written. I already added some more space to the end of the FSM table as is.

There is no toggle to turn the FSM code on/off at the moment, so it is just always on like in SDR. I just wanted to get this out to you guys to let you know that I ported it and so you can start experimenting with things in 1.02.

@sdremix_troubleshooter @ Stratocaster Stratocaster @ Doq Doq

Last edited:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace

The animation engine code is injected directly above this. As you can see (in a hex editor), there is still a lot of free space above the injected code that could be used for FSMs (if the code & table were all shifted up for example). Either that or for future codes that will be written. I already added some more space to the end of the FSM table as is.

There is no toggle to turn the FSM code on/off at the moment, so it is just always on like in SDR. I just wanted to get this out to you guys to let you know that I ported it and so you can start experimenting with things in 1.02.

Thank you so much Achilles! This changes everything! With this I can really dig in to my project. I also have another game changer in the works as of today that should change melee hacking... I won't be revealing that secret though for a couple weeks at least especially cause it may still fall through. Let's just say between today's development I could be done with my melee mod in like 2 months while working full time :)

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Sooooo I'm really tired of getting the same four comments on my tutorial video (the 20XX iso one, not the USB one) so I'm probably going to redo it sometime soon. I mostly just want people to enable file extensions, because I wasn't aware that there were people that didn't have this on nor that it messes with Windows command line instructions.

I'll post here when it's done, probably gonna do it this afternoon. Have to update for 3.00 anyway. :)

Also, @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , where exactly in the files do I hex edit to change to color of the character window when an alt is selected? None of the Sheik skins out there tickle my fancy so I'm creating my own, would like the character to frame to match the actual color.

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice

What will that modification realize?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What will that modification realize?
It allows you to speed up any animation in the game, and can have particular start and end frames within the animation for the speeding up to take effect. So hopefully, SD Remix for 20XX and possibly a Hyper Mode if everything can fit. Having those as options in the pack would be insane.

All - I know I can do it with PAL, but can 1.00 character DAT files be directly swapped into a 1.02 ISO?

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
It allows you to speed up any animation in the game, and can have particular start and end frames within the animation for the speeding up to take effect. So hopefully, SD Remix for 20XX and possibly a Hyper Mode if everything can fit. Having those as options in the pack would be insane.

All - I know I can do it with PAL, but can 1.00 character DAT files be directly swapped into a 1.02 ISO?
Sounds like awesome!
And I agree with 1.00 DAT files so much.

In addition, if realizing of SD Remix toggles in 20XX is possible, it would be godlike.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Is it possible to remove the PAL chars and alt costumes? The powershield controller reset trick doesn't work, and I think it might be because the triggers are the toggles for them.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Sooooo I'm really tired of getting the same four comments on my tutorial video (the 20XX iso one, not the USB one) so I'm probably going to redo it sometime soon. I mostly just want people to enable file extensions, because I wasn't aware that there were people that didn't have this on nor that it messes with Windows command line instructions.

I'll post here when it's done, probably gonna do it this afternoon. Have to update for 3.00 anyway. :)

Also, @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , where exactly in the files do I hex edit to change to color of the character window when an alt is selected? None of the Sheik skins out there tickle my fancy so I'm creating my own, would like the character to frame to match the actual color.
The Magic Bean! I got you brotha!

First, download this new 20XX 3.0 DOL. The only thing different is I added one line to the alt costumes code to give you the ability to add a blue value for one of the Sheik CSP colors.

Blue Sheik:
Starting at 0x3f9438 in the DOL, it looks like:

3ec0006f 62d66f00 3ee0ffa8 62f70000
in color formatting terms,
3ec0RRGG 62d6BB00 3ee0RRGG 62f7BB00

= Background CSP Color
= Trim Color

Green Sheik:
Starting at 0x3f9488 in the DOL,
3ec0647b 62d64d00 3ee0b8b2 62f78200

@ Stratocaster Stratocaster
20XX PAL Character File Names:
(can replace with any custom character file)
Code:
TyPit.dat....... PAL Marth (PlMs.dat)
ItCo.dat........ PAL Fox (PlFx.dat)
TyVirus.dat... PAL Falcon (PlCa.dat)
TyWario.dat. PAL Sheik (PlSk.dat)
TyOni.dat..... PAL Falco (PlFc.dat)
Oh and btw, my Falcon shinesplosion is the LightThrowLw animation (throwing an item down), not Down Throw. I figured everyone could be given a shine with this animation. And it is only for grounded Down-B; Falcon Kick is still the aerial.

Note to myself if no one else:
The 1.02 interrupt for making an action jump cancellable, and only jump cancellable, is 0x800CAED0. For Falcon's Down-B, you would paste that at 0x003C44C8 in the DOL.

Is it possible to remove the PAL chars and alt costumes? The powershield controller reset trick doesn't work, and I think it might be because the triggers are the toggles for them.
What is a powershield controller reset?

Last edited:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Code:
Oh and btw, my Falcon shinesplosion is the LightThrowLw animation (throwing an item down), not Down Throw. I figured everyone could be given a shine with this animation.

The 1.02 interrupt for making an action jump cancellable, and only jump cancellable, is 0x800CAED0. For Falcon's Down-B, you would paste that at 0x003C44C8 in the DOL.

Sweet so I can put alts in those files. That's awesome! We can get those for every character eventually right?

I understand that you're using the "light item throwing down animation" and not the "down throw a character animaton." When I said down throw I meant the item throwing animation, I just wasn't being specific. This is useful for a lot of characters, but some have a better one I think. Don't forget about Landing Lag animations. You can slow some of those down and they're pretty cool. Link's Dair and Uair, Bowser's Dair. Of course the problem is there isn't a corresponding aerial version necessarily of those animations (it just depends). Anyway, if we replace B moves though how do we get rid of current special effects. In particular, I tried Bowser's Down B, but it has special coding to move a certain way and like with Falcon Kick he moves forward a lot. Some of these things I'm not sure how to get around if they're not in the subaction coding or in the list of B move offsets (those float points if you know what I'm talking about.

Next, where did you get the JC offset? Is that just Fox's Down B interrupt offset? I thought about using that but I wondered if the shine turnaround and shine release animations (the other ways you can end the shine animation) might mess you up in some cases... Does it work in the air and the ground? Also do you know if we can make it only for a certain frame window? Like you can't jump cancel a shine until frame 5 and that keeps it just a little less broken. Also I was thinking there may be some B moves like Spin Attack you could give a hitbox at the beginning, a JC window, and then the normal attack so it retains it's old functionality and disadvantageous with the new functionality. A JC Spin Attack would be kind of ridiculously broken without that in the not fun way.

I think the powershield controller reset he's talking about is where you hold down the L/R button and plug it in so that the game thinks that's the standard. It disables light shielding which makes it easier to powershield (because to powershield you must press the button from full off to click in 1 frame I think.

Last edited:

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much Achilles. I remembered that I have to pack for BH4 so I won't be able to re-do my tutorial until afterwards... and then I have exams. Sometime this upcoming week though I'll get the video done.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thanks so much Achilles. <3 See you this weekend!

EDIT: on SD card, blue PS and red alt falcon don't seem to be working. I'll keep checking to see what's good and not so good.

Last edited:

smoke070

Smash Cadet
Any chance of adding the option to disable CPU taunting? It gets really annoying when i'm trying to practice, haha :D

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I think the powershield controller reset he's talking about is where you hold down the L/R button and plug it in so that the game thinks that's the standard. It disables light shielding which makes it easier to powershield (because to powershield you must press the button from full off to click in 1 frame I think.
Yeah, that's one way to do it. You need to regular shield in order to powershield. You can also reset your controller (X+Y+Start) while holding L or R to achieve the same effect.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Code:
Oh and btw, my Falcon shinesplosion is the LightThrowLw animation (throwing an item down), not Down Throw. I figured everyone could be given a shine with this animation.

Sweet so I can put alts in those files. That's awesome! We can get those for every character eventually right?

I understand that you're using the "light item throwing down animation" and not the "down throw a character animaton." When I said down throw I meant the item throwing animation, I just wasn't being specific. This is useful for a lot of characters, but some have a better one I think. Don't forget about Landing Lag animations. You can slow some of those down and they're pretty cool. Link's Dair and Uair, Bowser's Dair. Of course the problem is there isn't a corresponding aerial version necessarily of those animations (it just depends). Anyway, if we replace B moves though how do we get rid of current special effects. In particular, I tried Bowser's Down B, but it has special coding to move a certain way and like with Falcon Kick he moves forward a lot. Some of these things I'm not sure how to get around if they're not in the subaction coding or in the list of B move offsets (those float points if you know what I'm talking about.

Next, where did you get the JC offset? Is that just Fox's Down B interrupt offset? I thought about using that but I wondered if the shine turnaround and shine release animations (the other ways you can end the shine animation) might mess you up in some cases... Does it work in the air and the ground? Also do you know if we can make it only for a certain frame window? Like you can't jump cancel a shine until frame 5 and that keeps it just a little less broken. Also I was thinking there may be some B moves like Spin Attack you could give a hitbox at the beginning, a JC window, and then the normal attack so it retains it's old functionality and disadvantageous with the new functionality. A JC Spin Attack would be kind of ridiculously broken without that in the not fun way.

The plan is to eventually do it for every character, if I can.

All I did to remove Falcon's Down-B movement was to make the yellow byte 00 that phish-it notes. I am unsure if that cancels movement for any action state, but it worked for his Down-B.

I first tried using Fox's Down-B interrupt, but as you guessed, attempting to turn around in the animation would cause the game to freeze. So then I investigated his Down-B interrupt further....and it's pretty much just interrupts within an interrupt. So I made an educated guess as to which one was the jumping interrupt (it was the only branch the wasn't in the same vicinity as the others), and then plugged the start of that function in as the interrupt for Down-B. And it worked just as intended. I have no idea if it works in the air because I was only modifying Falcon's grounded Down-B. Assuming that Fox's aerial Down-B interrupt is structured the same as his grounded, it wouldn't be hard to find the specific interrupt for aerial jumping.

I just went ahead and looked at it and the aerial jumping interrupt should be 0x800CB870 (untested).

Making this only happen within certain frames...My only thought for this would be to add a check at the beginning of the interrupt to look at the player data offset of whatever character it is currently going through the interrupt code and then pulling out the current frame of the action state and comparing it to a specified value. If it's below that number, then branch to the end of the interrupt.
Thanks so much Achilles. I remembered that I have to pack for BH4 so I won't be able to re-do my tutorial until afterwards... and then I have exams. Sometime this upcoming week though I'll get the video done.
The link to the DOL has been added in the post.

Thanks so much Achilles. <3 See you this weekend!

EDIT: on SD card, blue PS and red alt falcon don't seem to be working. I'll keep checking to see what's good and not so good.
This is such a weird problem...I can't seem to put my finger on what the problem is.

And yes, I'll see everyone at Big House 4 this weekend!!

Any chance of adding the option to disable CPU taunting? It gets really annoying when i'm trying to practice, haha :D
This is a good idea! I should be able to do that.

Yeah, that's one way to do it. You need to regular shield in order to powershield. You can also reset your controller (X+Y+Start) while holding L or R to achieve the same effect.
I just tried both methods, resetting it in-game and also by reinserting the controller, and they both worked. Powershielding was disabled with L and R.

Last edited:

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
What kind of sd card are you using? Is it generic? I would guess it's just too slow to handle Melee, or maybe formatted incorrectly. Have you tried loading vanilla Melee on it?
I dont have an sd card slot on my computer, so i have to use this USB plug thingy that has an sd card slot on it. i tried using my sd on my friends computer, and it worked. so it ended up being that device that was messing it up. thanks!

Acryte

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 - Small but big suggestion! Sooooo, could we set a button combination to default the counters to something like 777% because if you time certain actions perfectly, it doesn't refresh the % whereas if you time it 1 frame off it resets to 0%. So if it is already reading 0% you don't know if you timed it perfectly or if you were 1 frame off.

For example, if your last wavedash read 3% for jump and then you did a perfect wavedash, it would still read 3%, but if it was an imperfect wavedash by 1 frame then it will read 0%. That's fine, you can just look and see if it was updated.... unless it reads 0% already and now it's hazy by 1 frame and you can't know if you did it perfectly or not :(. It seems to be this way for jumping from the ground. Idk about other actions. Releasing ledge, midair jumping, falling, etc all seem to update just fine. It's just jumping from the ground that doesn't update when done perfectly.

If we had a button that set it to some initial value that is higher than you would normally see then we effectively can see if we timed it perfectly because it would still read 777% or whatever.

If it's assigned to a button it should be something that's comfortable to press over and over again.

Also, when I quit out of a match with spoofed controllers and frame counter on in developer mode it still goes to the results screen. Could you make it skip it or make it so start button press closes out all 4 characters? I have to reset the wii or switch controllers into the ports to get past it.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Just wondering. Why is FoD so laggy when I'm playing on Dolphin? If I turn off the FPS limit, I can play on the other stages at like 130 FPS, but on FoD it can't even hit 50 FPS.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to have the Underground Maze (Link Dungeon) from adventure mode (where you must find the Triforce, and all other arenas are guarded by a Link) as a selectable level in the alternate stage selection screen?

If going as more than 1 player, there could be two alternatives:

• the link CPUs could be player 5 and 6 (like when fighting against Multi-Man, you can fight up to 5 opponents against them), so up to 4 players can travel together in the maze.

• If they can't be put to player 5 and 6: 1 human = 1 Link, 2 humans = 2 Links, 3 or 4 players no links at all

The players can also change their handicap to make that level harder to play, or not be in teams so the 1st Link Arena they fight on is a normal game (so you could choose which area to fight against), though it might be a problem for respawning.

I checked in Adventure mode, and the respawn system is working in the maze, at least for single player.

Also, I have another request:

Can we get a debug toggle that only allows boxes and barrels (both cargo items, remove capsules) with 0% explosion chance (because random explosion is stupid when it happens)? This will make the item enjoyable to use in VS. mode, like enabling only food.

I ask this because I consider capsules to be too good because of grab speed, throw speed, mobility etc.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
hey achilles, you should put the DAIRANTOU submenu back in the debug menu. that way we have access to all the target test stages and the race to the finish stage. Maybe call it something else too like "custom match loader" idk.

Also something I have wanted to see on the special melee menu is a metal match (like in adventure mode) you just have to edit all the players player flags (I think setting them to 43 makes them metal, silent, and gives them a dark stock icon) Or just give an option in the debug menu to edit player flags, the crazy mod has that option and its a lot of fun.
Another thing I have wanted to see is the ability to play on battlefield with its underwater background.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I'm having trouble loading those gifs (bad internet right now), but I think it's because I messed up the code for the super boomerang jump. Turn that off in the debug menu and it should be normal.
Ok, will do. I'll also test the actual super jump.

In our tests, we had link both jumping & not jumping, and the freeze occurred.
It also occurred while the boomerang was out, and 3-4 bow shots after the boomerang came back to Link.
Also froze with both P1 and P2.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering. Why is FoD so laggy when I'm playing on Dolphin? If I turn off the FPS limit, I can play on the other stages at like 130 FPS, but on FoD it can't even hit 50 FPS.
Same reason it's banned in doubles. The stage is really laggy because of the dynamic reflections on the fountain.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Oh, and there was a glitch where I fireballed with Mario, and the fireball instantly hit Link, who was behind me on the other side of FD.
I'm not sure if his boomerang was out, but he was charging his bow.

Last edited:

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Great work, achilles! When you wrote custom programs into start.dol did you use space that was previously part of the alphabet textures? from a rough guess without any testing it looks like the texture for a blank space is at or around offset 004277c0 or maybe 00426320 where you've added code. I was trying to see what the problem is with the jumbled parts of some characters but it looks like its not a simple fix.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

So I've been playing around with the junk the surrounds the periods, colons, spaces etc. Looks like the problem began when you started injecting asm for 20XX 2.07 - 5. A bunch of the "00s" in the dol that look unused are used.

The following dol offsets may be affected as of 3.0.

0x424320
0x425f60
0x426140
0x4262b0
0x426310
0x4264d0
0x426690
0x4277a0
0x427f00
0x4283f0
0x428f00
0x429ac0

I didn't test all of these yet and won't have time to for a while. Btw I don't think I ever got a chance to say how impressive this most recent update is. Nearly cried when I saw the debug menu. Keep it up.

Edit: didn't see @ TheDekuNut TheDekuNut 's post

Last edited:
Top Bottom