• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
Im on the latest version posted and I tried to put bunny ears on to **** around with moon walking and the game would crash whenever I started a match

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Hey Achilles, the thought struck me that a sweet toggle would be the ability to freeze P2's percent, so they take damage and knock back, but their percent is reset after a second or so.

Edit: Also, there was talk earlier of sharing symbol maps. I started working on one, but I'm starting completely from scratch atm, which is kind of fun, but also slow. Do you have a symbol map you've been working on Achilles? If so, would you be prepared to share it?

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Is there any way to get a version 1.0 20XX? I'm thinking of trading in my gamecube + melee 1.0 for a wii set-up (allowing me project M, 20xx, SSB64, etc.) but as I do actually play Young Link in competitive sets, 1.0 kinda matters to me.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
i updated the start.dol file which seemed to fix some of the crashes, though i still crashed one time when the game ended on last stock when using some codes

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm having an issue with the runback input. It only seems to work during the end of the match. if I try to do the run back input during a rage quit, i get redirected back to the character select screen. I was able to do it before with the 20xx 2.07 build but all of a sudden, i'm not able to do it anymore. I've tried deleting the save memory as well but it still doesn't work. am i doing something wrong? I'm positive i'm not inputting the wrong buttons.
There's been multiple people reporting an issue with the salty runback code. I've personally never experienced problems and was doing testing with it in my 2.08 build and it seemed to be working fine (although I don't think I tested it after rage quitting - I'll try that later today). But something must be up with it, if multiple people have been having the issue. Does salty runback still work for you after ending a match regularly?

Im on the latest version posted and I tried to put bunny ears on to **** around with moon walking and the game would crash whenever I started a match
So you can't play a match of any kind? Or is there a bunnyhood only special melee that I am forgetting?

Hey Achilles, the thought struck me that a sweet toggle would be the ability to freeze P2's percent, so they take damage and knock back, but their percent is reset after a second or so.

Edit: Also, there was talk earlier of sharing symbol maps. I started working on one, but I'm starting completely from scratch atm, which is kind of fun, but also slow. Do you have a symbol map you've been working on Achilles? If so, would you be prepared to share it?
You want P2's percent to just stay frozen, so that no matter how many times you hit them, they will always be at a set percent?

If so, this already exists from 2.07 and onwards. L+R+D-Pad Up in Training Mode only will freeze P2’s percent. This code has been rewritten in a MUCH more concise fashion for 2.08 and can be toggled in regular versus mode as well.

No, I do not have a symbol map. I just have various notes on functions that I have used as injection points for some of my codes. But nothing overly detailed. I can share more after 2.08.

Any possibility of hacking the pause overlay to also display the input for salty runbacks?
I really like this idea. @TheDekuNut , what are your thoughts on this?

Is there any way to get a version 1.0 20XX? I'm thinking of trading in my gamecube + melee 1.0 for a wii set-up (allowing me project M, 20xx, SSB64, etc.) but as I do actually play Young Link in competitive sets, 1.0 kinda matters to me.
No, 20XX will not be converted to 1.00. Doing so would be way too much work that would be much better spent further progressing the project. If I were you, I would just trade in the cube and get a Wii. Keep your disc as a backup. But you could always just have both a 1.02 and 1.00 iso on your Wii to switch between whenever you want.

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Hi Achilles, I know about that code, it's good, but P2 experiences no knockback with it so it can't be used to experiment with things like Falco's pillar timing.

Tityboi

Smash Cadet
Hi Achilles, I know about that code, it's good, but P2 experiences no knockback with it so it can't be used to experiment with things like Falco's pillar timing.
Create a save state at the percent that you want, then load that save state every time you want to return to that percent

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So uh...I seemed to have misplaced my USB hard drive containing all my latest Melee hack stuff on it. I have a backup from...awhile ago...but this would be devastating to lose. I hope to God it is just at my work cubicle or else this is a huge setback.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Create a save state at the percent that you want, then load that save state every time you want to return to that percent
Good idea, thanks! Ignore my prev suggestion Achilles, it's redundant.

toazron1

Smash Rookie
I feel for you man. I had something like that happen with a major project a while ago and now I try to keep automated backups and use git and bitbucket.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Think of it this way, whenever something like that happens you can typically do it again fairly quick and even better than the first time around. I know it has to suck though :-(

Zarenthye

Smash Rookie
I'm imagining whoever finds your USB drive will keep it to himself and transcend into some kind of Melee deity.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
FALSE ALARM!! I found it while I was cleaning my apartment just now. Phew! We back in it. I think I'm going to make a backup tonight....

Sorry that I went all emo on you guys for a sec there.

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Clean your room and also make backups. Whenever I do client work for design I try to back it up somewhere, otherwise I'd never have the work for my portfolio. With the cloud and everything it isn't hard to keep a backup or two. Ideally you would want 2 local sources and a cloud source.

With drop box configured properly you can seriously back everything up at the same time you create the file, as long as you have the space on DB and a proper method of saving revisions, you can back up everything without doing any added work. If you are coding ASM stuff, I don't imagine it would require much space, and you could likely back up your work in this way without having to pay anything.

Speaking of coding ASM, I was wondering if there was some kind of guide for coding ASM, specifically when it came to hacking melee. I doubt I'd ever have the time for it, but I'm interested in it enough to read a bit more than likely.

Last edited:

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
Clean your room and also make backups. Whenever I do client work for design I try to back it up somewhere, otherwise I'd never have the work for my portfolio. With the cloud and everything it isn't hard to keep a backup or two. Ideally you would want 2 local sources and a cloud source.

With drop box configured properly you can seriously back everything up at the same time you create the file, as long as you have the space on DB and a proper method of saving revisions, you can back up everything without doing any added work. If you are coding ASM stuff, I don't imagine it would require much space, and you could likely back up your work in this way without having to pay anything.

Speaking of coding ASM, I was wondering if there was some kind of guide for coding ASM, specifically when it came to hacking melee. I doubt I'd ever have the time for it, but I'm interested in it enough to read a bit more than likely.
Well, for starters some basic knowledge on how machine logic etc works wouldn´t hurt.

Get yourself the debug special versions of dolpin here in the melee workshop and take a look at IE6´s basic tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ie6smash/videos
(look for "Intro to Wii game modding")

After that you can look up the entire syntax over here
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Assembler_Tutorial#Instructions_and_Mnemonics

That´s all I can give you, if you have specific questions, just ask someone in the workshop for help

Itaru

MasterGanon
Mr.achilles,can you increase the number of stage music?
I want to play about 5 music in one stage.
Example,I want to play gourmet race music and break the targets music in Dreamland stage.

Last edited:

mooki

Smash Apprentice
you could definitely do this. Instead of loading the normal stage music, this code pulls a song ID from a custom table of IDs that is inserted into the DOL and plays that song instead. I'm not sure if changing the dimensions of the table (so completely removing a song ID) would mess it up, because if it pulls an ID that is not a song it will freeze. But you should be totally safe to just swap out an ID of a song you don't like to one that you do. I'll give you more details on how to do this later.

(Sham Rock wrote that code, which is why I am unsure about the table dimensions thing).
Thanks!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
See collapse box below.

The offsets he mentioned are not consistent with the 20XX Pack. In the 20XX dol, the Music Table starts at 0x2134. Find the Hex ID of a song you don't want and find the ID in the table. Replace that ID with a song that you like (and wouldn't mind hearing at a higher rate than others....technically).
[COLLAPSE="Music Table/ID's - Sham Rock"]
Code:
Music table/id´s

Since there is no simple coherent way to determine which songs would be legal to use in multiplayer,
I just wrote a table with legal ID´s into the main.dol @1560 (or 80004560). R19 points at some place
in this table and loads it into r26 at the end

Music ID´s
#     name                Hex id
0    Opening                6B
1    Princess Peach´s Castle        0A
2    Rainbow Cruise            76
3    Kongo Jungle            33
4    Jungle Japes            4D
5    Great Bay            36
6    Temple                79
7    Brinstar            D2
8    Brinstar Depths            50
9    Yoshi´s Story            D1
10    Yoshi´s Island            CF
11    Fountain of Dreams        49
12    Green Greens            38
13    Corneria            0E
14    Venom                c3
15    Pokemon Stadium            71
16    Poke Floats            74
17    Mute City             5D
18    Big Blue             07
19    Mother                 69
20    EarthBound            2E
21    Mushroom Kingdom        41
22    Mushroom Kingdom(Finale)    42
23    Mushroom KingdomII        43
24    Mushroom Kingdom(Finale)    44
25    Icicle Mountain            40
26    Flat Zone            2D
27    Kongo Jungle N64        65
28    Yoshi´s Island N64        67
29    Dream Land N64            66
30    Super Mario Bros.3        7B
31    Saria´s Theme            78
32    Battle Theme            70
33    Fire Emblem            05
34    Mach Rider            5C
35    Mother 2            6A
36    Dr.Mario            11
37    Balloon Fight            06
38    Mario´s Victory            25
39    DK´s Victory            1C
40    Zelda Team Victory        24
41    Samus´s Victory            28
42    Yoshi´s Victory            2C
43    Kirby´s Victory            23
44    Fox´s Victory            1F
45    Pokemon Victory            27
46    Capt. Falcon´s Victory        20
47    Ness´s Victory            26
48    Fire Emblem Team Victory    1D
49    Mr. Game & Watch´s Victory    1E
50    Ice Climbers´ Victory        22
51    Metal Battle            7F
52    Battlefield            80
53    Final Destination        7D
54    Menu 1                57
55    Menu 2                59
56    How to Play            3C
57    Targets!            89
58    Multi-Man Melee 1        3D
59    Multi-Man Melee 2        3E
60    All-Star Intro            04
61    Tournament 1            CD
62    Tournament 2            CE
63    Trophy                58
64    Classic Intro            45
65    Adventure Intro            46
66    Stage Clear 1            19
67    Stage Clear 2            1A
68    Continue            0D
69    Game Over            31
70    New Trophy!            85
71    Rare Trophy!            86
72    Challenger!            87
73    New Feature 1            82
74    New Feature 2            83
75    New Feature 3            84
76    Hammer                47
77    Starman                48
78    Warning Siren            7A
79    Ending                15

And original Music Table looks like this with proper hex ID's:

0506070a 0e112d2e
3336383d 3e404142
4344494d 505c5d65
6667696a 70717476
78797b7d 7f80c3cf
d1d2696A
[/COLLAPSE]
See this post for Sham Rock's full documentation of the code.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
You can actually replace a character from another version ( 1.00 to 1.02 )

So if you put the 1.00 Young link on 1.02 it should work.

At least i have a NTSC fox/falco for PAL. So it worked for me.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You can actually replace a character from another version ( 1.00 to 1.02 )

So if you put the 1.00 Young link on 1.02 it should work.

At least i have a NTSC fox/falco for PAL. So it worked for me.
I have not looked into the boomerang jump thing, but are you sure the data for making that happen is all contained in his player file?
Mr.achilles,can you increase the number of stage music?
I want to play about 5 music in one stage.
Example,I want to play gourmet race music and break the targets music in Dreamland stage.
No, there is not. Quite a few people have been requesting something like this so maybe I'll eventually make some sort of custom music code to play certain songs on stages. But not in the near future.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
If someone has a free moment, can you find a [free/default] font that looks equivalent to the large stage text on the SSS?
View attachment 25667

Use this:

View attachment 25668
So I was just about to post about this. I think we should replace the boring text with a larger preview of the stage like in Brawl and 64. It's very simple. I would do it myself, but I have no idea how to get the screen caps you got on your custom stage previews (like dreamland, smasville etc).

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I was just about to post about this. I think we should replace the boring text with a larger preview of the stage like in Brawl and 64. It's very simple. I would do it myself, but I have no idea how to get the screen caps you got on your custom stage previews (like dreamland, smasville etc).
That's an interesting idea. Can you get it in color?

And are you taking about just getting screenshots of the stages?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
That's an interesting idea. Can you get it in color?

And are you taking about just getting screenshots of the stages?
Getting the images in color isn't an issue. The issue is how big we can make the picture without it looking like pixelated mess. And yes, I legitimately have no idea how you got a screenshot of the stages without characters on it. Amazing.

I have work in 20 but I'll fill you in on what I know later.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Getting the images in color isn't an issue. The issue is how big we can make the picture without it looking like pixelated mess. And yes, I legitimately have no idea how you got a screenshot of the stages without characters on it. Amazing.

I have work in 20 but I'll fill you in on what I know later.
For some, fixed camera + force load SSS with one character + get your character out of the camera view. I think Dreamland and DK 64 were just googled.

If you go to a player's data offset +0x2278, this byte is the collision bubble flag. This offset is in the Google spreadsheet. If you turn that byte to 00, the character becomes invisible. So you could use that + force load SSS with one character + unrestricted pause camera + hide HUD. This can net you angled pictures.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
After doing a lot of different modding/hacking on my wii for some reason its unable to load discs. I've tried using a gamecube backup launcher but once it loads melee it can't load any stages. Is there any way to fix this or alternatively, is there a way to get a melee iso that has everything unlocked on it but doesn't have any of the 20XX hacks? I've tried loading a clean melee iso and then putting my memory card in to have all the unlocks but it wouldn't work.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
After doing a lot of different modding/hacking on my wii for some reason its unable to load discs. I've tried using a gamecube backup launcher but once it loads melee it can't load any stages. Is there any way to fix this or alternatively, is there a way to get a melee iso that has everything unlocked on it but doesn't have any of the 20XX hacks? I've tried loading a clean melee iso and then putting my memory card in to have all the unlocks but it wouldn't work.
The DOL mod topic

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
How do I get the CPU to spawn as Sheik and stay Sheik?

Edit: Wait, never mind, I figured it out. I didn't realize you had to put a controller in the P2 slot to change the CPU.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
I heard that gc memory cards could be used in the future to load this. Is this true or a wild rumour?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How do I get the CPU to spawn as Sheik and stay Sheik?

Edit: Wait, never mind, I figured it out. I didn't realize you had to put a controller in the P2 slot to change the CPU.
You don't need a second controller. Just move your human cursor over Zelda, and press Z --> Zelda is turned into Shiek for all players until a human reverts her. Then move the CPUs cursor to Shiek.

I heard that gc memory cards could be used in the future to load this. Is this true or a wild rumour?
it's true. It should be able to do everything but textures. Search this thread for more info on this.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
For some, fixed camera + force load SSS with one character + get your character out of the camera view. I think Dreamland and DK 64 were just googled.

If you go to a player's data offset +0x2278, this byte is the collision bubble flag. This offset is in the Google spreadsheet. If you turn that byte to 00, the character becomes invisible. So you could use that + force load SSS with one character + unrestricted pause camera + hide HUD. This can net you angled pictures.
I got the stage preview thing working but it looks absolutely terrible. I'd just try to find a font that looks nice.

Top Bottom