• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I'll get this in the pack soon. I know you've been waiting patiently! I have motivation to do this now that I have fixed endless friendlies.

Sorry I never responded, but I'm glad the problem was seemingly fixed. Btw, I was watching you play on stream during the last MOAL and was very impressed with your Falcon. The tech skill is looking real crispy.

Would you be interested in a modification to the pack with green ranger as the alt skin for falcon instead of capt. america?
Yes, I would love that. Is there anyway you might be able to put the Pittsburgh P on his back? I don't know how much goes in to modifying a skin texture so if it is a hassle don't worry about it. <3

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yes, I would love that. Is there anyway you might be able to put the Pittsburgh P on his back? I don't know how much goes in to modifying a skin texture so if it is a hassle don't worry about it. <3
Nah that would be easy. Modifying textures is really easy now! all you would need to do is point that Melee Toolkit to the Green Ranger .dat file, and view it's textures. Extract out the back texture. Add what you want to it. Then import it back in.

You can try it yourself if you want, it really wouldn't take long. What "P" logo are you specifically referring to? And any color changes to it?

Check out the Twitch TV Falcon. Same idea as that, and like Terry said - doesn't take long.

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-5#post-17336717

Last edited:

WestStar

Smash Cadet
Nah that would be easy. Modifying textures is really easy now! all you would need to do is point that Melee Toolkit to the Green Ranger .dat file, and view it's textures. Extract out the back texture. Add what you want to it. Then import it back in.

You can try it yourself if you want, it really wouldn't take long. What "P" logo are you specifically referring to? And any color changes to it?

Check out the Twitch TV Falcon. Same idea as that, and like Terry said - doesn't take long.

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-5#post-17336717
This should be the extra costume imho.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
20XX 2.07-6 Endless Friendlies Bug Fix and Stage Swap Fix.dol
- Loading Pokemon Stadium No Transformations (Mushroom Kingdom I) now works with stage select set to RANDOM

@ XxGUNZxX XxGUNZxX

Btw -
This "new" endless friendlies code works in a different, technically less elegant way than the previous code.

Previous code changed the screen loading controller at the end of a match to go directly to the Stage Select screen. And if you have stage select set to RANDOM, then it would just immediately load the next match. This was great, but caused that blackscreen freeze bug sometimes.

New code does not directly load the Stage Select screen, and goes to the VS menu after a match like normal. But the first frame the game gets to the the CSS, it force loads the stage select screen, and because stage select is set to RANDOM, it loads the next stage. So if you see a blink of the CSS between matches, this is why.

So it's less elegant, BUT still does the exact same job and is more flexible. By more flexible I mean I now have the ability to force a character / player port change between matches!!

So I could do something like have a player choose 3 different characters to randomly cycle through while playing endless friendlies.

Or have those characters set to be played by holding certain buttons between matches.

Or have it go through some sort of player rotation.

Hmmmm

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It could just be some error i've been making during installation, but I don't know how likely that is. I followed beanwolf's guide carefully and I doubt any issue caused by such an error would be so specific.
Dude....I'm finally getting around to testing stuff on the Wii again, and you're right about the training mode freezes....

Thankfully, I know exactly what the problem is. I fixed it once already but must have used a different DOL when I started making new stuff. I'm really sorry. I'll update everything here soon.

Elen

Smash Lord
Is there any way to disable the save state functions without completely removing them? We keep accidentally freezing our game or save/loading. I didn't notice an option in debug, but it would be very convenient to be able to disable d+pad extra functions especially the ones that don't require holding another button.

Also, would you ever consider tagging the pack with your name somewhere else than in the character select? Now that memory cards are viable for the debug features, I would love to use my main save but as my tag is at the top of a very full list it's a pain in the butt to consider deleting them manually just to get it back near the top!

Great work as always! Can't wait for more!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Try this one out guys.

Ultimate LedgeDash Practice
- P1 % = Frames hanging on edge that can be acted out of
- P2 % = Frames in fall (letting go from edge)
- P3 % = Frames in aerial jump
- P4 % = Frames in standing animation (same state that would cause green overlay with colors on --> use this for practicing u-throw --> u-air as well)

[COLLAPSE="Gecko Code"]
C206B810 0000000E
89F80678 2C0F0000
4082005C 3DE08045
81D80070 2C0E00FD
41820024 2C0E001D
41820024 2C0E001B
41820024 2C0E000E
40820034 61EF5C90
48000018 61EF30E0
48000010 61EF3F70
48000008 61EF4E00
C1D80448 FDC0701C
D9CF0000 A20F0006
B20F0000 CBE10070
60000000 00000000
[/COLLAPSE]

PROTIP: If you set CPU P2-P4 all on the same team as P1, and then force load the stage select screen, the CPUs will just stand there and do nothing. So do this to have uninterrupted ledgedash practice with all the percents shown.

Random Idea: You could also set P2 as a human, and then use the move spammer code to have him continuously do a jab or something (think Ganondorf jab). Place Ganondorf a little distance away from the edge where doing a ledgedash --> intangible nair --> should be able to hit him. (Save State). But if you're slow, you'll probably get jabbed.

Let me know what you think. If you are in an action state for long enough, it eventually repeats itself, which is why the timers don't just go to infinity when constantly in one action state (like standing).

The only annoying part about this is that Fox's "fall" action state repeats itself after 7 frames, so P2's % will never be higher than 7. But anyone doing a semi-fast ledgedash with Fox should have no problem jumping before 7 frames.

@ hectohertz hectohertz , @Hax

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Looked at the last couple pages to see if there was an answer to any of these questions but the closest I found still wasn't quite what I was looking for. So, I apologize in advance for asking stuff that's already been answered.
For quick background, I downloaded this hackpack yesterday through beanwolf's video tutorial and am running it off my USB drive. I noticed there was an updated version that was newer than what was in beanwolf's video description and so I updated my stuff with that.

A few things came up that bother me after doing so. I really did prefer the alt costume selection beanwolf gave in his version (SD Marth, Pinstripe Falcon, Pink Fox) but all of these got replaced with the standard alt costumes (CATS Marth, CA Falcon, Gold Fox). Additionally, text (like in the nametags) now look smeared and I'm assuming I'm having this problem as a result of conflicting character textures or something else related to that that has ****ed everything up.

So, how do I update the 2.06 with beanwolf's adjustments to the latest 2.07 hackpack without losing the stuff beanwolf changed? What file replacements should I be excluding (assuming that's even what I'm supposed to do) when I copypasta from the 2.07 folder? To extend that a bit further, is it possible for me to give alt costumes for other characters? I'm talking about the L toggled costumes, I don't want to replace the ones that come with vanilla melee. If that's possible (or if it's only possible for a handful of characters) what files should I be looking at to replace (or what links should I click to have all this stuff explained to me)? Lastly, I saw mention of changing the GALE01 folder name to GALEXX so that I can run hackpack melee separately from vanilla melee. Is that all that I need to change to pull this off or is there some other files I need to edit?

Keep in mind I'm not very tech smart at all, (just discovered the other day that RAM = memory in the task manager) so if you could talk stupid to me that would be fantastic.

Also, thank you very much for this pack :O
1) Download the 20XX 2.07 File Replacements from the main post.
2) Download the latest DOL from a few posts back.
- Rename it Start.dol and overwrite the one in the 2.07 File Replacements folder
3) From Beanwolf's files, copy TyRoyR.dat (fox texture), TySeak.dat (falcon texture), and TyLink.dat (Marth texture) and paste into the 20XX 2.07 File Replacement (overwrite old ones).
4) Remake ISO with GCR.

I have not added the ability to add any more alt costumes at the moment.

I think DoctorKirby made a guide on how to change the game's ID. It's a little more involved than just changing the folder name. Idk where the guide is though, try using the search function for "in this thread only".

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there any way to disable the save state functions without completely removing them? We keep accidentally freezing our game or save/loading. I didn't notice an option in debug, but it would be very convenient to be able to disable d+pad extra functions especially the ones that don't require holding another button.

Also, would you ever consider tagging the pack with your name somewhere else than in the character select? Now that memory cards are viable for the debug features, I would love to use my main save but as my tag is at the top of a very full list it's a pain in the butt to consider deleting them manually just to get it back near the top!

Great work as always! Can't wait for more!
The only way to disable them is to disable all ingame toggle codes by setting the INGAME debug value to 2.

I really like having my name as a name tag... :(

I did post how to hex edit your DOL file to disable it, though. Granted, after you do that, it will still be on your save file, but it will disable the "constantly writing Achilles to first name tag slot" code. So you could make changes then.

Idk where that post is in this thread though (5-7 pages ago, I'd guess?), just use the search function for it.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The only way to disable them is to disable all ingame toggle codes by setting the INGAME debug value to 2.

I did post how to hex edit your DOL file to disable it, though. Granted, after you do that, it will still be on your save file, but it will disable the "constantly writing Achilles to first name tag slot" code. So you could make changes then.

Idk where that post is in this thread though (5-7 pages ago, I'd guess?), just use the search function for it.
I don't think anyone would have a problem with your name being at the top as long as it didn't replace the top-most one. Maybe you could somehow make it so that it pushes all the names down one adding yours to the top. I've personally lost all my hard-earned stats (like my 999:59 time on Falcon) on my TJ name since it's been replaced by Achilles. :(

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

I have not, but I probably should.

It was @Todd Bonney who made the guide originally. It's fairly easy to do
Here's a guide for anyone who wants the ability to load 20XX or vanilla or other versions side by side in a launcher like WiiFlow. As-is, it is difficult to tell which is which. WiiFlow organizes everything by Game ID. Melee NTSC's ID is GALE01, regardless of what version. So WiiFlow will use the same title and box cover and cheat list for each. If you have a 20XX iso and a vanilla 1.02 ISO on the same storage device, you'll have to guess which is which (or develop your own "system").

The way around it is to give the Hack Pak (or any other version) a new ID and title. In the past, I have used this tool to change ID and title. It could work here, but it's not what I did this time. You can try either way, it's safe. The link is much easier.

Follow the included instructions on rebuilding the ISO, and stop after step 7 (replacing Start.dol). In that folder (&&SystemData), open ISO.hdr in a hex editor. This is a program that lets you manually edit data. I use HxD. The first line is the game ID, GALE01. You can change that as long as G and E remain. I recommend calling it GALEXX, why not. Offset 0x0020 is the start of the Game Name; you should see "Super Smash Bros Melee" to the side. I changed it to "Super Smash Bros Melee: 20XX Hack Pack 2.0." Then save, and continue following the instructions as usual.

Now you can give each version its own title, boxcover, cheatlist, and settings. I've tested this method with these settings and can confirm it works.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 This would be an easy addition to the pack. We could probably add more flavor text too (i.e., where it says Nintendo's All-Stars are ready to battle).

Zygora

Smash Rookie
So, I tried out the hack pack, and it's amazing. But when I updated to 2.07 it seems like widescreen mode is now stuck on regardless of what I do. I have even tried a clean 1.02 SSBM iso and it's still stuck on. Any ideas as to why that may be?
It is a widescreen TV but I can't stand seeing it stretched like that, not my cup of tea.

Dios Mios options are all set to auto ( with regards to video options) and every widescreen option is turned off or to 4:3.

Elen

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone would have a problem with your name being at the top as long as it didn't replace the top-most one. Maybe you could somehow make it so that it pushes all the names down one adding yours to the top. I've personally lost all my hard-earned stats (like my 999:59 time on Falcon) on my TJ name since it's been replaced by Achilles. :(
Yes! That would be ideal if it's possible love this idea!

Also setting the Ingame to off is exactly what I needed, haha. I don't know how I hadn't realized that's what it does before :S

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow! Thats awesome! Thanks a million Achilles! I cant wait to try it out! Those ideas u were throwing out sound great as well! They are just ideas though right? Or are they already implemented?

CeLL

Smash Lord
After updating to the version, it no longer loads debug menu settings from my memory card. Also it says there is no save data on my memory card, even if I say yes when it asks if I want to make a new save file. When I run normal Melee it reads it fine.

Never mind remade the ISO and it works fine now.

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Try this one out guys.

Ultimate LedgeDash Practice
- P1 % = Frames hanging on edge that can be acted out of
- P2 % = Frames in fall (letting go from edge)
- P3 % = Frames in aerial jump
- P4 % = Frames in standing animation (same state that would cause green overlay with colors on --> use this for practicing u-throw --> u-air as well)

[COLLAPSE="Gecko Code"]
C206B810 0000000E
89F80678 2C0F0000
4082005C 3DE08045
81D80070 2C0E00FD
41820024 2C0E001D
41820024 2C0E001B
41820024 2C0E000E
40820034 61EF5C90
48000018 61EF30E0
48000010 61EF3F70
48000008 61EF4E00
C1D80448 FDC0701C
D9CF0000 A20F0006
B20F0000 CBE10070
60000000 00000000
[/COLLAPSE]

PROTIP: If you set CPU P2-P4 all on the same team as P1, and then force load the stage select screen, the CPUs will just stand there and do nothing. So do this to have uninterrupted ledgedash practice with all the percents shown.

Random Idea: You could also set P2 as a human, and then use the move spammer code to have him continuously do a jab or something (think Ganondorf jab). Place Ganondorf a little distance away from the edge where doing a ledgedash --> intangible nair --> should be able to hit him. (Save State). But if you're slow, you'll probably get jabbed.

Let me know what you think. If you are in an action state for long enough, it eventually repeats itself, which is why the timers don't just go to infinity when constantly in one action state (like standing).

The only annoying part about this is that Fox's "fall" action state repeats itself after 7 frames, so P2's % will never be higher than 7. But anyone doing a semi-fast ledgedash with Fox should have no problem jumping before 7 frames.

@ hectohertz hectohertz , @Hax
holy **** marry me

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I have build 20XX 2.07-6 with Training Mode Freezes Fix.dol in my ISO and I run it on Dolphin on my computer, but I cannot use/understand how to use some features.

How do I save and load state?
How do I use hacked stages? Are there any included?
How do I use alternate costumes? Are there any included?

When using the L cancel and Color characters are completely green when idle. How do I get rid of the green color?
How do I toggle the camera options, namely the fixed camera mode?
How do I force the name entry glitch/ single player mode?
Is it possible expand the limit of alternate costumes for a character?
Where can I find artwork packs?
How do I create artwork myself?
How do I type longer names than 4 letters?
How do I operate TAS?
Is the infograph complete/ up-to-date?

Suggestion: You should add the complete pack with all additional art and alternate stage content AND the most recent .dol file along with a updated infographic and update the OP every time you make a new version (it seems its not updated atm) and I had some errors with version I got from the OP (game acting weird when ending training mode, but that's fixed with the new version)

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I have build 20XX 2.07-6 with Training Mode Freezes Fix.dol in my ISO and I run it on Dolphin on my computer, but I cannot use/understand how to use some features.

How do I save and load state?
How do I use hacked stages? Are there any included?
How do I use alternate costumes? Are there any included?

When using the L cancel and Color characters are completely green when idle. How do I get rid of the green color?
How do I toggle the camera options, namely the fixed camera mode?
How do I force the name entry glitch/ single player mode?
Is it possible expand the limit of alternate costumes for a character?
Where can I find artwork packs?
How do I create artwork myself?
How do I type longer names than 4 letters?
How do I operate TAS?
Is the infograph complete/ up-to-date?

Suggestion: You should add the complete pack with all additional art and alternate stage content AND the most recent .dol file along with a updated infographic and update the OP every time you make a new version.
D-pad left and d-pad right, respectively.
D-pad down on the CSS.
L trigger on Blue Falcon, Normal Marth, and Normal Fox.
Debug Menu > Results Test, there should be many options for all of these.
Special Melee?
D-pad up on the CSS.
Yes, but that requires more code.
Textures thread. It's stickied.
Melee Toolkit. It's somewhere near the top.
Type name, select it. D-pad left. Type name, select it, D-pad right.
Too much explanation for this post.
No.

And last time I checked, the OP is broken beyond repair.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just realized
Oh wow! Thats awesome! Thanks a million Achilles! I cant wait to try it out! Those ideas u were throwing out sound great as well! They are just ideas though right? Or are they already implemented?
Only ideas at the moment.

So, I tried out the hack pack, and it's amazing. But when I updated to 2.07 it seems like widescreen mode is now stuck on regardless of what I do. I have even tried a clean 1.02 SSBM iso and it's still stuck on. Any ideas as to why that may be?
It is a widescreen TV but I can't stand seeing it stretched like that, not my cup of tea.

Dios Mios options are all set to auto ( with regards to video options) and every widescreen option is turned off or to 4:3.
This is the only solution I've seen, which I posted last page. I would try using a different loader, if you haven't already. I use CFG loader and have never experienced any widescreen issues.
D-pad left and d-pad right, respectively.
D-pad down on the CSS.
L trigger on Blue Falcon, Normal Marth, and Normal Fox.
Debug Menu > Results Test, there should be many options for all of these.
Special Melee?
D-pad up on the CSS.
Yes, but that requires more code.
Textures thread. It's stickied.
Melee Toolkit. It's somewhere near the top.
Type name, select it. D-pad left. Type name, select it, D-pad right.
Too much explanation for this post.
No.

And last time I checked, the OP is broken beyond repair.
Thanks Doq
Suggestion: You should add the complete pack with all additional art and alternate stage content AND the most recent .dol file along with a updated infographic and update the OP every time you make a new version (it seems its not updated atm) and I had some errors with version I got from the OP (game acting weird when ending training mode, but that's fixed with the new version)
Yes, I need to do this.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Was looking through code and just realized that the flag values used for alternate costumes are currently overwriting the P2 Training Mode Only ingame toggles. So don't use an alternate costume and then try to play Training Mode. Will fix.

Also, i'd like to report a bug (not sure if it's been noticed yet).
When messing around with teams and dual 1v1, cycling though red/green/blue and human/cpu/none on certain player ports, the aspect ratio would change from 16:9 to 4:3 (stretched). I was using the widescreen debug toggle on a widescreen tv.
Just noticed this post. It seems to only happen with P2 closes port? Weird.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Would it be possible to have only hitboxes visible and not hurtboxes as fourth toggle?
I really hope you increase the limit of alternate costumes and on that node: Is it possible to add pictures on the CSS to replace say "green marth"?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Would it be possible to have only hitboxes visible and not hurtboxes as fourth toggle?
I really hope you increase the limit of alternate costumes and on that node: Is it possible to add pictures on the CSS to replace say "green marth"?
I have no idea how to only show one or the other. I plan on eventually adding more possible costumes, but there are things I could make that would be more helpful at the moment.

For the CSP pictures

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is this even helpful? I feel like it just counts too fast. Let me know, as I'm debating on putting it in the pack.

Game Timer is a Frame Counter (0-59 Repeating)
Code:
(1.02)[Achilles]
C216CE08 00000008
3DE08046 61EFB6C8
3A200000 820FFFFC
2C100001 41820018
89CF0003 39CE0001
2C0E003C 41820008
48000008 39C00000
B1CF0002 B22F0004
A07F002C 00000000
- Frame counter (1-60 repeating)
(quote from Gecko Codes thread [wishlist])

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Is this even helpful? I feel like it just counts too fast. Let me know, as I'm debating on putting it in the pack.

Code:
(1.02)[Achilles]
C216CE08 00000008
3DE08046 61EFB6C8
3A200000 820FFFFC
2C100001 41820018
89CF0003 39CE0001
2C0E003C 41820008
48000008 39C00000
B1CF0002 B22F0004
A07F002C 00000000

Try using the milliseconds as the frame counter. That way you can have a frame count without completely wrecking the game timer. And it would be more accurate.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

Code:
(1.02)[Achilles]
C216CE08 00000008
3DE08046 61EFB6C8
3A200000 820FFFFC
2C100001 41820018
89CF0003 39CE0001
2C0E003C 41820008
48000008 39C00000
B1CF0002 B22F0004
A07F002C 00000000

What purpose does this serve? Even if I could read it, I couldn't think of any way it would help me.

Top Bottom