• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I appreciate the feedback and sorry you had a bad experience with it. I'm sure you have read my post in response to Beanwolf last page, and other than that, I don't really have much else to say on this topic at the moment. I really can't imagine adding a handful of lines of code for the processor to run through would create more lag than using a "lagless" HD monitor, but I don't have any figures to back that statement up. It is certainly an important subject though and will need to be monitored in the future. Don't hesitate to post more comments as you continue to use the pack.
So at the latest MOAL we used your 20XX pack again, and this time it was flawless. What me and beanwolf have deduced might have been the problem is the Dual 1v1 setting. We don't have any real evidence of this because we turned everything off, but that was something I'd never seen in the pack before.

The only thing that really throws me for a loop anymore is D-pad up doesn't toggle rumble anymore. T_T

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
So I'm trying this out, (amazing hack, thank you so much Achilles) and I'm wondering if there's a way to make a frame perfect CPU that I can spar against? I'm a nub when it comes to this TAS stuff, but it's pretty dope
Just wondering where I should bring this inquiry? Not exactly sure if this is the thread to be asking about this, but I figured if there were tools in the debug menu that could help with making this a reality. If not, someone mind directing me somewhere I can figure this out?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Not within the 20XX pack. This would be a good feature to eventually put in there. You could use a Gecko code for a specific name tag slot to get lowercase, load it on Wii/Dolphin, and the name tag will save onto your memory card for future uses.

Name Tag Hack Excel Spreadsheet Guide - Kou
I see, thank you! Yeah, it would be cool to see the option of using lower case characters for names in later releases =)

And thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work man.

Last edited:

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering where I should bring this inquiry? Not exactly sure if this is the thread to be asking about this, but I figured if there were tools in the debug menu that could help with making this a reality. If not, someone mind directing me somewhere I can figure this out?
You talking smart AI? It's not gonna happen

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You talking smart AI? It's not gonna happen
It will happen. Eventually.

I think about it all the time. I obviously know how to force players to do actions, so it is just a matter of turning on actions in specific situations. Making them REALLY good, though, will be REALLY difficult and time consuming....but I'm confident I can make it happen. Just not soon.

Last edited:

Super

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed theytech the Fox shine a lot if they fall from it. Is there a way to stop this or decrease it's frequency? Also is there a lightshield option?

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 we just had neutral start drama at zenith. it occurs to me one of the most important and simple tweaks can still be done, and would be super useful for tournaments. if there are only 2 players, the spawn points are the neutral start positions. the neutral start list is here:

http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
Even better, could you modify the co-ordinates of the start positions so that they're in objectively neutral positions for any combination of ports for 2 players?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Hi i noticed a problem with the "colours", a bug perhaps

If you try to do a uthrow chaingrab on fox with marth, fox will be able to shine him out even whilst in the "teal" state, which is supposed to be hitstun.
The colours seem not to be able to recognise the difference between being in complete hitstun, and being in a "tumbling" state where you can jump out/action. However it seems soemtimes it DOES go back to green if you wait long enough so i'm not 100% sure on this

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi i noticed a problem with the "colours", a bug perhaps

If you try to do a uthrow chaingrab on fox with marth, fox will be able to shine him out even whilst in the "teal" state, which is supposed to be hitstun.
The colours seem not to be able to recognise the difference between being in complete hitstun, and being in a "tumbling" state where you can jump out/action. However it seems soemtimes it DOES go back to green if you wait long enough so i'm not 100% sure on this
You're right. I noticed this awhile back. I haven't seen it with other attacks, but with Marth's up throw, the "hitstun counter" doesn't reflect the time until being able to input an action. Not sure why it functions differently for that action.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to point out a small bug. When both players die at the same time, they will come back on the same color platform regardless of their number of stocks differ. It's nothing big though. Endless mode freezing is way worse. In fact, we don't even use it anymore because of how often it freezes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I just wanted to point out a small bug. When both players die at the same time, they will come back on the same color platform regardless of their number of stocks differ. It's nothing big though. Endless mode freezing is way worse. In fact, we don't even use it anymore because of how often it freezes.
Yep...the black screen bug pretty much ruins endless friendlies, unfortunately. I still haven't found a fix for it, and may not be able to without a USB Gecko or something. I may look into a workaround which would load the CSS after a match, like normal, but immediately force load the stage select screen which would cause the next game to load. It's not ideal, but I presume it would "fix" this bug and you would still get into the next match without the touch of any buttons.

With the way I have the platform color code written, this problem cannot be fixed. I may be able to change the injection point and fix it but idk.

Last edited:

CAVEC

Smash Rookie
I saw a couple of videos/streams using some version of the mod wherein they could pause frame by frame with frame data at the top of the screen, does this have to do with DBLEVEL?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I saw a couple of videos/streams using some version of the mod wherein they could pause frame by frame with frame data at the top of the screen, does this have to do with DBLEVEL?
Yes. change Dblevel to Develop.

And then Y+D-Pad Down brings up frame/action state data.
Pressing start pauses the game and then you can advance frame by frame with Z.

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I could eventually. I'll make sure to put it in the memcard hack for you guys.

If you want to permanently take it off, open the DOL file in a hex editor and at line
0x1330F0 change 4BECCFD4 to 94650008.

I just tried salty on Dolphin and it seemed to work as normal. I'll test on Wii when I get the chance. What's specifically happening for you? Is it completely ignoring A+B or freezing or something else? Can someone who has a setup handy test the salty runback plz
It just ignores the A+B for me

I have not tried 2.07-2 yet. I will report back once I have.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I have some requests for features, if they're possible to implement:
• Add an in-game toggle for up smash out of shield (I want to practice causing the invisible ceiling glitch).
• Add an in-game toggle for player 1 to display player 2's hitboxes (mostly to look at the CPU's hitboxes when they're using the action spam).
• Add an in-game toggle for making the player 2 CPU hold crouch (to practice crouch-cancel related things).
• Allow alternate characters (Sheik, SoPo, ect.) to be toggled on the character select screen for CPUs instead of just for humans. I know that you can toggle them as a human and then just change the port back into a CPU but that requires a controller and is more awkward.
• Make frame advance during pause usable without having to switch to develop mode (mostly because the develop mode ingame codes conflict with the hack pack's codes).

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
I'm seeing that CFG struggles with SDHC cards. Is this confirmed? I only have an 8GB SDHC atm.
I'm running that exact setup just fine. The only struggle I've had with my 8GB SDHC is trying to boot PM using an Ocarina Hook. That seems to have the old limitation of standard 2GB or less SD cards only. As far as just booting 20XX or Melee from the 8GB SDHC you shouldn't have any problems.

If you do, Dios Mios is always an option as well!

Mutekisenko

Smash Rookie
I created new ISO with 20xx 2.07 and now after every match, it Congratulates me on completing 1-P Adventure mode for the first time... Did I do something wrong?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
You're right. I noticed this awhile back. I haven't seen it with other attacks, but with Marth's up throw, the "hitstun counter" doesn't reflect the time until being able to input an action. Not sure why it functions differently for that action.
Cool

Btw it applies on uthrow with fox too, marth can down+b (counter) before the teal colour is done

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I created new ISO with 20xx 2.07 and now after every match, it Congratulates me on completing 1-P Adventure mode for the first time... Did I do something wrong?
Yes. Most likely. Do you see other aspects of the pack? The 20XX logo on CSS or debug menu?
Make sure you used a 1.02 ISO and try downloading the 20XX 2.07-2.dol and replace your current one with it.
Cool

Btw it applies on uthrow with fox too, marth can down+b (counter) before the teal colour is done
Thanks for letting me know this. So maybe it's only u-throws?

Itaru

MasterGanon
Oh,sorry,
I want to make TASes with my masterganon.

dropbox.com/s/zj6klhkaquzw5p9/MASTERGANON%20PlGn%2002.dat

(I don't have 10 posts)

But masterganon's effect is very heavy. So,frame skip occur automatically.I would like to repeal this function.
I think that this problem has a cause in a dol file.
But I can't understand about dol file well.
Please help me...
reference:masterganon video

youtu.be/j4lAgp40Q1g

This file is for v1.02

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
I'am getting a problem when I'm using the GCRebuilder to root the root file, it says:

Error:
File C\Users\Myname\Desktop\root\GMRegendAdventureDonkey.thp' not found

I looked at the replacement file to see if i maybe didn't copy the adventuredonkey (whatever the hell that is) but it wasn't there. Then I looked at the Root folder to see if it was in there and it also wasn't.

Maybe I did something totally stupid but please help me get this awesome thing!!!! Thanks!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
reference:masterganon video

youtu.be/j4lAgp40Q1g

This file is for v1.02
Wow. This is ridiculously cool. Does the game framerate drop when playing on a Wii as well? I really have no idea how you would fix that problem, though, and if it's even possible.

These graphic effects are insane. How do you add item effects onto character moves? Can you add a bombomb explosion to a sweetspotted Falcon knee???

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'am getting a problem when I'm using the GCRebuilder to root the root file, it says:

Error:
File C\Users\Myname\Desktop\root\GMRegendAdventureDonkey.thp' not found

I looked at the replacement file to see if i maybe didn't copy the adventuredonkey (whatever the hell that is) but it wasn't there. Then I looked at the Root folder to see if it was in there and it also wasn't.

Maybe I did something totally stupid but please help me get this awesome thing!!!! Thanks!
I would just delete your root folder and start the whole process over again. There are no file replacements in 20XX for that Donkey Kong file, so I have no idea what happened to it.

If the problem persists after retrying, open the vanilla 1.02 ISO in GCR and extract that sole Donkey Kong file. Then place it in your root folder that has it missing and see if it rebuilds.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i installed 2.07-2 and my salty runback still doesn't work

anyone else having this problem?

Top Bottom