• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Kou

Smash Apprentice
This is interesting and will certainly need to be addressed. I can't exactly do that solution, though, because the controller spoof is used for "passive" CPU actions like random DI, which is not turned off by having INGAME OFF. I might need to restructure a few things...
I see.
Then, is it possible to make Spoof Controller Plugin recognize "Start+X+Y" command ?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Something felt off since before grand finals. It was just playing on it 3 sets back to back that allowed me to pin down this "weird" feeling while playing.

I play with rumble because the feel of it helps me play a more consistent tech skill based strategy. So thats where I think I felt the difference, while carroll and others didn't. This isn't meant to be me complaining about losing GF to PGH Carroll either. If I hadn't played on Beanwolf's setup many times before with zero issues I would just chalk it up to an off day. However his setup is usually as crisp as the good old CRTs. He takes pride in the quality of his setup and this was the first time I felt something wasn't up to par.

Basic gameplay was fine, but I had a lot of trouble getting pivots and dash dances to feel as responsive as they usually do. The reason i suspected it had to do with the hack pack was because that was the only variable that changed from all the other weeks to this one. I don't know how it works and can only speculate, but I can't think of anything else that would've caused it.

I try my hardest not to john or bring up excuses or issues of lag on TV setups. If it sucks you just move on to a different TV, but this being our main stream and recording setup I felt that it needed addressing. Mostly because 1) Beanwolf wants the highest stream quality and play setup he can muster, 2) There shouldn't be any doubt in any players mind as to the validity of a setup, and 3) I really like the 20XX packs and want to see them improve.

So please don't take this as ******** or an attack. I just noticed a problem and I want to try and find out what it is and resolve it.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
I've been meaning to make a really nice code for this. I might buckle down tonight and try and get something initial written for this.:seuss:
Hmmmmm. A simple idea that might work could be do have P2 invincible while human player is not. Then have fox stand at the ledge and just do infinite jump cancelled shines or something like that. Just an idea of one approach for that.

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
Something felt off since before grand finals. It was just playing on it 3 sets back to back that allowed me to pin down this "weird" feeling while playing.

I play with rumble because the feel of it helps me play a more consistent tech skill based strategy. So thats where I think I felt the difference, while carroll and others didn't. This isn't meant to be me complaining about losing GF to PGH Carroll either. If I hadn't played on Beanwolf's setup many times before with zero issues I would just chalk it up to an off day. However his setup is usually as crisp as the good old CRTs. He takes pride in the quality of his setup and this was the first time I felt something wasn't up to par.

Basic gameplay was fine, but I had a lot of trouble getting pivots and dash dances to feel as responsive as they usually do. The reason i suspected it had to do with the hack pack was because that was the only variable that changed from all the other weeks to this one. I don't know how it works and can only speculate, but I can't think of anything else that would've caused it.

I try my hardest not to john or bring up excuses or issues of lag on TV setups. If it sucks you just move on to a different TV, but this being our main stream and recording setup I felt that it needed addressing. Mostly because 1) Beanwolf wants the highest stream quality and play setup he can muster, 2) There shouldn't be any doubt in any players mind as to the validity of a setup, and 3) I really like the 20XX packs and want to see them improve.

So please don't take this as *****ing or an attack. I just noticed a problem and I want to try and find out what it is and resolve it.
I doubt this is related, but here's a link to some very strange dash dancing oddities we recorded last night on the most current version of the pack. I'm sure this could be a handful of things, but it certainly was strange and might just be related to your issues!

http://www.twitch.tv/liquidkdj/c/4770761?t=35m35s

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmmm. A simple idea that might work could be do have P2 invincible while human player is not. Then have fox stand at the ledge and just do infinite jump cancelled shines or something like that. Just an idea of one approach for that.
How do I get the CPU to be invincible and not P1?

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
So it says in the op that when fox and Falco tech it don't tech they will shine after. Half the time the fox CPU doesn't shine. Any idea why?

Magic Man

Smash Rookie
I may have skipped over this in the thread, but is there a way to add custom music to the 20xx pack? If so, could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial? Thanks!

Toe

Smash Apprentice
Hello again, just an odd glitch I ran into. While playing in the P3 port, I attempted event 51 one with marth. As soon as it started the game froze with an odd rainbow rectangle in the top middleish of the screen and my TV proceeded to produce an odd sound until I turned off my Wii. Not a big deal or anything but just thought I would let you know!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I worked on the "Better" Ledgetech Practice Code tonight.

I haven't put it in the DOL yet, but here is the code if you know how to run Gecko codes. I'll put it in the DOL tomorrow.

L+R+D-Pad Right Toggles Spam Special F-Smash
[COLLAPSE="Gecko Code"]
Code:
(This code is actually the freeze CPU percent and spam special f-smash combined. It's just more efficient to write them together.)
C2188B84 00000026
3EC08045 82D63FC0
3EE0804A 3E408047
82B23788 2C1500FF
40820020 82B23784
92B61890 A2B237AA
B2B71136 3AA00003
9AB71134 4800000C
3AA00001 9AB71134
82B237AC 2C1500FF
40820028 A2B60448
2C1541C8 4180001C
3AA0003C 92B60020
3EA04110 92B60024
3AA00002 92B619EC
3E008048 62100830
89F00002 3E608046
6273B0FC 3A200000
3A310001 A693000C
2C140008 40820040
2C0F00FF 4182008C
39E000FF 8AB71134
2C150001 4082001C
82D61890 92D23784
91F23788 A2D71136
B2D237AA 4800004C
3AC00000 92D23788
48000040 2C140062
40820040 2C0F00FF
41820048 39E000FF
8AB237AF 2C1500FF
4182000C 91F237AC
48000018 3AA00000
92B237AC 3EC08045
82D63FC0 92B619EC
99F00002 48000014
2C110004 41A0FF6C
39E00000 99F00002
807F0104 00000000
[/COLLAPSE]
- P2 will spam frames 9-25 of F-Smash over and over...
- P2 will be intangible (what your teammate is to you with Friendly Fire OFF - so will not recognize being damaged at all)
- Meant for the CPU to be Marth
- Training Mode ONLY!!

Tips:
1) Make P2 CPU Marth
2) Nudge him into place by the ledge
3) Turn on Spam Special F Smash
4) Jump over him off the stage in one full jump (*Save State)
5) Recover and practice edge teching

6) If you miss or are about to die or whatever, load save state and repeat.

Just remember to not load save state while holding the ledge!! You'll want to load this save state while you are in the air.

I'll answer comments/questions tomorrow as well. I need to go to sleep now.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I may have skipped over this in the thread, but is there a way to add custom music to the 20xx pack? If so, could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial? Thanks!
Does that update include the pokemon no transformation fix?
No it does not.

So please don't take this as *****ing or an attack. I just noticed a problem and I want to try and find out what it is and resolve it.
I appreciate the feedback and sorry you had a bad experience with it. I'm sure you have read my post in response to Beanwolf last page, and other than that, I don't really have much else to say on this topic at the moment. I really can't imagine adding a handful of lines of code for the processor to run through would create more lag than using a "lagless" HD monitor, but I don't have any figures to back that statement up. It is certainly an important subject though and will need to be monitored in the future. Don't hesitate to post more comments as you continue to use the pack.
How do I get the CPU to be invincible and not P1?
can't at the moment.
So it says in the op that when fox and Falco tech it don't tech they will shine after. Half the time the fox CPU doesn't shine. Any idea why?
Probably an oversight in some section of the code. Or actually it might be due to the down-B spam not frame-lining up with Fox being able to do inputs after teching/getting up. And his "wait" stance will revert him back to a regular CPU.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
20XX 2.07 + F-Smash Special.dol

Also, I'm a Melee Workshop Moderator now. Huzzah!
I really like this :)

Could you make this for Marth's counter (Down-B) ?
Edge teching for counter is a very special and difficult stuff because of some reasons.
So it would be great if marth would be always with counter-hitbox (not red, light green) at edge.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I really like this :)

Could you make this for Marth's counter (Down-B) ?
Edge teching for counter is a very special and difficult stuff because of some reasons.
So it would be great if marth would be always with counter-hitbox (not red, light green) at edge.
I have no idea if this will work or not. All I did was change F-Smash to Counter, and did not change the frame numbers or anything. I'm at work so I can't do testing.

20XX 2.07 + Marth Counter.dol

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea if this will work or not. All I did was change F-Smash to Counter, and did not change the frame numbers or anything. I'm at work so I can't do testing.

20XX 2.07 + Marth Counter.dol
Though I just tested on dolphin, this worked so well !!!
Amazing stuff :)

Though there seems to be only 1 frame which Marth doesn't have counter-box,
this is absolutely what I desired !!

Thank you @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 .

btw, could you tell me the addresses of "character" and "action" value in .dol?
I would like to try this cheat for other characters (but Marth) and other actions (but F-smash and Down-B) by myself.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
btw, could you tell me the addresses of "character" and "action" value in .dol?
I would like to try this cheat for other characters (but Marth) and other actions (but F-smash and Down-B) by myself.
The spam move with frame mods code uses InternetExplorer's Action State Hack that can force characters into an action at a certain frame number.

To customize this code for a specific move (for any character), there are three parameters to consider.

1) The move to spam
2) Beginning frame number
3) Ending frame number which then loops back to the beginning frame number

----------------------

1) Action to spam (not even necessarily an attack, but any action):
- The input for this is an action state reference value. For common values shared between all characters (normal aerials, smash attacks, dash attack,etc), use the Action State Reference tab inthis document to get the value.

- For action state values not in that document (e.g. special attacks), you'll need to find them yourself.

1. Open Debug Dolphin, get in a match (as P1, for simplicity sake) and perform the move you want. Pause the game during the middle of the move.
2. Go to the memory viewer tab and go to 0x453130. The value at this address is a pointer to a memory location that is the start of P1's character data info offset.

3. In that document linked to above, go to the "Data Offset" sheet. One of the items listed there is 0x70 - Action State Value.

4. Add 0x70 to the start of P1's data offset (value at 0x453130) and you will now be at the memory address that gives a value for the current action state the character is in. You can make sure you are at the correct address by doing an action that is on the Google Doc list, like a dash attack, and comparing the values.

2) & 3)

- You can use the debug menu to get to Dblevel Develop mode and use the frame advance feature to find accurate frame data or just mess with values yourself to get the starting frame and ending frame for an attack you want.

- Once you have the frame numbers, you need to convert them into 32-bit floating point values.

- Go to thisdecimal to hex conversion site and put your decimal value (ex. 9) into the top field and hit enter. It will give you a floating point hex value for that number.

Ex. 9 (decimal) = 0x41100000 (32-bit floating point)

Because we'll only be using integers, the code I wrote is only concerned with the first 4 characters of that hex value (so 4110).

- Get the first 4 hex characters for your frame numbers you want.

Overwrite Current Values in DOL

- In the 20XX DOL,

0x00426372 = frame number for action to end and loop
0x0042637a = action state value
0x00426382 = frame to start action state on

So for the F-Smash, I did
0x41C80000 = (25) frame number for action to end and loop
0x0000003C = AttackS4S - Mid Fsmash
0x41100000 = (9) frame to start action state on

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
The spam move with frame mods code uses InternetExplorer's Action State Hack that can force characters into an action at a certain frame number.

To customize this code for a specific move (for any character), there are three parameters to consider.

1) The move to spam
2) Beginning frame number
3) Ending frame number which then loops back to the beginning frame number

----------------------

- The input for this is an action state reference value. For common values shared between all characters (normal aerials, smash attacks, dash attack,etc), use the Action State Reference tab inthis document to get the value.

- For action state values not in that document (e.g. special attacks), you'll need to find them yourself.

1. Open Debug Dolphin, get in a match (as P1, for simplicity sake) and perform the move you want. Pause the game during the middle of the move.
2. Go to the memory viewer tab and go to 0x453130. The value at this address is a pointer to a memory location that is the start of P1's character data info offset.

3. In that document linked to above, go to the "Data Offset" sheet. One of the items listed there is 0x70 - Action State Value.

4. Add 0x70 to the start of P1's data offset (value at 0x453130) and you will now be at the memory address that gives a value for the current action state the character is in. You can make sure you are at the correct address by doing an action that is on the Google Doc list, like a dash attack, and comparing the values.

2) & 3)

- You can use the debug menu to get to Dblevel Develop mode and use the frame advance feature to find accurate frame data or just mess with values yourself to get the starting frame and ending frame for an attack you want.

- Once you have the frame numbers, you need to convert them into 32-bit floating point values.

- Go to thisdecimal to hex conversion site and put your decimal value (ex. 9) into the top field and hit enter. It will give you a floating point hex value for that number.

Ex. 9 (decimal) = 0x41100000 (32-bit floating point)

Because we'll only be using integers, the code I wrote is only concerned with the first 4 characters of that hex value (so 4110).

- Get the first 4 hex characters for your frame numbers you want.

Overwrite Current Values in DOL

- In the 20XX DOL,

0x00426372 = frame number for action to end and loop
0x0042637a = action state value
0x00426382 = frame to start action state on

So for the F-Smash, I did
0x41C80000 = (25) frame number for action to end and loop
0x0000003C = AttackS4S - Mid Fsmash
0x41100000 = (9) frame to start action state on

View attachment 20184
Thank you so much @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 <3
I'll try to conceive how to use this.

Malurth

Smash Cadet
achilles, can I safely delete MnSlChr.usd to delete the new "20XX" logos on closed character select portraits? I did some digging and that seems to be the most likely file to be the 'culprit,' but I know you've done tons of work on the character select screen so I don't want to bork it. Also I dunno if that's even the right file anyway.

(In any case, I'd like to request you to go light on the mandatory texture changes in the future, or at least leave in the main post how to omit those texture files. I very much enjoy having an 'enhanced Melee,' but I can't stand mandatory arbitrary change, especially when it adds to visual clutter. I left in the start screen logo because it's a great place to put it, it fits, and it's not obtrusive, but I can't say the same for these 'additions.')

Last edited:

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Did IE6 make that table? We need more tables like that. Can the owner make that public?
I'm especially interested in fleshing out the "Function Addresses" tab.
I've already copied it to my drive, and I can make mine publicly editable if they want to keep theirs from chaos.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Did IE6 make that table? We need more tables like that. Can the owner make that public?
I'm especially interested in fleshing out the "Function Addresses" tab.
I've already copied it to my drive, and I can make mine publicly editable if they want to keep theirs from chaos.
I've posted the doc I linked in multiple places throughout this forum so let's keep that one as the master. Yes, IE started it (with Massive). PM me your name, I'll add you so you can edit.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
achilles, can I safely delete MnSlChr.usd to delete the new "20XX" logos on closed character select portraits? I did some digging and that seems to be the most likely file to be the 'culprit,' but I know you've done tons of work on the character select screen so I don't want to bork it. Also I dunno if that's even the right file anyway.

(In any case, I'd like to request you to go light on the mandatory texture changes in the future, or at least leave in the main post how to omit those texture files. I very much enjoy having an 'enhanced Melee,' but I can't stand mandatory arbitrary change, especially when it adds to visual clutter. I left in the start screen logo because it's a great place to put it, it fits, and it's not obtrusive, but I can't say the same for these 'additions.')
Yes, that is the correct file to replace. And you're right - I should at least put info to disable those things on the main post.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
So I'm trying this out, (amazing hack, thank you so much Achilles) and I'm wondering if there's a way to make a frame perfect CPU that I can spar against? I'm a nub when it comes to this TAS stuff, but it's pretty dope

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Bug reports
• The sandbag in home run contest mode DIs now. I assume this would also apply to other player 2 CPUs but I haven't checked.

• After using the extended grapple in a Samus ditto, when I played another Samus ditto immediately afterwards the extended grapple was being used automatically every time with no way to use the normal grapple (I tried doing the extended grapple input as well as self destructing but it didn't change anything). This happened with both standing and dash grabs. When I quit the match and switched off Samus and back on the character select screen, the grapple returned to normal. I haven't had this happen again (but haven't tried very much since I don't play Samus). I haven't heard of this happening in normal Melee, so I assume it's a result of the hack even though I don't know which modifications could possibly cause this.

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
Bug reports
• The sandbag in home run contest mode DIs now. I assume this would also apply to other player 2 CPUs but I haven't checked.

• After using the extended grapple in a Samus ditto, when I played another Samus ditto immediately afterwards the extended grapple was being used automatically every time with no way to use the normal grapple (I tried doing the extended grapple input as well as self destructing but it didn't change anything). This happened with both standing and dash grabs. When I quit the match and switched off Samus and back on the character select screen, the grapple returned to normal. I haven't had this happen again (but haven't tried very much since I don't play Samus). I haven't heard of this happening in normal Melee, so I assume it's a result of the hack even though I don't know which modifications could possibly cause this.
You know, I didn't think about it at the time but I believe we may have experienced the Samus extender being used automatically and through stock as well.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
My apologies if this has already been adressed somewhere, but is it possible to use lowercase characters in names?
If not, is it possible to add in? Or is that a whole lot of work/not possible?

Again, awesome stuff Achilles; I'm having so much fun with this and I'm learning a lot from it!

Last edited:

Super

Smash Apprentice
What was this about IE tweeting about possible memory card exploit and running 20XX on GC?

Itaru

MasterGanon
When graphics operation becomes heavy,framerate falls about 10-30 fps. (Example,homerun contest with clone code.)I want to make TASes 60fps. What should I do?

8B-dindinmaster

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles I might have found a glitch. I don't know if you know about it, anybody else has reported it or even if it's intentional. When playing teams, when we turned team attack off, we could still hit our teammates, but we couldn't hit people on the other team. This isn't game-breaking or a major problem in any way, but I thought I should post it here in case you don't know.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Hey Achilles I might have found a glitch. I don't know if you know about it, anybody else has reported it or even if it's intentional. When playing teams, when we turned team attack off, we could still hit our teammates, but we couldn't hit people on the other team. This isn't game-breaking or a major problem in any way, but I thought I should post it here in case you don't know.
That's the dual-1v1 code at work. There's a debug option to disable it but it's enabled by default. The code is there to allow four people to have a 1v1 with someone else while on the same setup.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah, Dual 1v1. Sorry it's not the main page yet.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
My apologies if this has already been adressed somewhere, but is it possible to use lowercase characters in names?
If not, is it possible to add in? Or is that a whole lot of work/not possible?

Again, awesome stuff Achilles; I'm having so much fun with this and I'm learning a lot from it!
Not within the 20XX pack. This would be a good feature to eventually put in there. You could use a Gecko code for a specific name tag slot to get lowercase, load it on Wii/Dolphin, and the name tag will save onto your memory card for future uses.

Name Tag Hack Excel Spreadsheet Guide - Kou

Achilles1515

Smash Master
When graphics operation becomes heavy,framerate falls about 10-30 fps. (Example,homerun contest with clone code.)I want to make TASes 60fps. What should I do?
Ha, this is brilliant! Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest clue of what you would need to do.
Bug reports

Sandbag is considered P2, from what I remember. So he'll get all the random DI'ing a normal character would. I'll have to make a check for this.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Suggestion for "(L+D-Pad Down) P2 Random C-Stick Buffer OoS / Roll Backwards OoS"

I would like P2's random action to be added "Wavedash OoS (if possible, BACK AWAY)".
Is this possible?

Itaru

MasterGanon
Ha, this is brilliant! Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest clue of what you would need to do.
Oh,sorry,
I want to make TASes with my masterganon.

dropbox.com/s/zj6klhkaquzw5p9/MASTERGANON%20PlGn%2002.dat

(I don't have 10 posts)

But masterganon's effect is very heavy. So,frame skip occur automatically.I would like to repeal this function.
I think that this problem has a cause in a dol file.
But I can't understand about dol file well.
Please help me...

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Plus, I found that Nairs Oos are different between "(L+D-Pad Right) P2 Nair OoS" and "(L+D-Pad Down) P2 Random C-Stick Buffer OoS / Roll Backwards OoS".

The former Nair OoS has forward movement (very good for practicing shield pressure).
But the latter Random Nair OoS has no forward movement (vertical short hop).

I would like to fix the latter to have forward movement when P2 CPU nair OoS randomly.

Then,
is there how to change rate of the randomly action of "(L+D-Pad Down) P2 Random C-Stick Buffer OoS / Roll Backwards OoS" by edting the binary?
For example, I would like P2 CPU to be increased the rate of "Keeping shielding after guard".

Last edited:

advurb

Smash Rookie
sorry if this was answered already, searched but couldn't find it. Sometimes (after sudden death or after testing melee options from the debug menu) the game goes to score screen. the problem is that spoofing player 2 means I can't hit start and the game softlocks. plugging in a controller to port 2 doesn't work. any workaround/fix? love the hacks, super helpful.

Top Bottom