• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

OverFlow

Smash Rookie
Also, I just recently tried out using CFG Loader to load the game with codes enabled. The awesome thing about this program is that you do not need to make your own .gct (which solves issues for Mac users). All you need to do is have the .txt file on your SD card. CFG Loader will recognize the .txt and show all the codes on it allowing you to check which ones you want to apply, and then it will automatically make a .gct and place it in the correct location for you. It is VERY convenient.

If you do it this way, you

See this post for more information (post #6 from this thread, from nqztv)
Hello,

First of all thank you for making this mod. At this time i am loading melee from a USB drive but i am using CFG loader. I attempted to use this txt file method by making a gale01.txt into the codes folder on my SD card, but for some reason CFG loader never recognizes my text file and none of the codes show up. I have cheats enabled. Am i doing anything wrong do you have any more specific instructions for this method?

THANKS!!

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
Hello,

First of all thank you for making this mod. At this time i am loading melee from a USB drive but i am using CFG loader. I attempted to use this txt file method by making a gale01.txt into the codes folder on my SD card, but for some reason CFG loader never recognizes my text file and none of the codes show up. I have cheats enabled. Am i doing anything wrong do you have any more specific instructions for this method?

THANKS!!
from the fisrt post:
Make sure there are no brackets around your game name such as this [GALE01]. The booter will still recognize the game but codes won’t work. It has also been reported that USB loading cannot handle as many cheats active at once as SD loading can, and that USB loading cannot even handle all the cheats from this thread at once. SD loading can certainly do all of these + more (personal testing).
I hope it helps.

Last edited:

SuperUltraDX

Smash Rookie
The text file has to be encoded in UTF-8, instead of ANSI. When you go to "Save As..." in Notepad, you can set the encoding there.

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I have a question would it be possible to make a code for spamming Dairs? Specifically Falco's? I'm trying to work on my parrying but I have no options

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hello,

THANKS!!
Double check this process:

If you downloaded the GALE01.txt file from the original post, open it up in notepad --> save as --> change encoding to UTF-8 --> save to SD:\usb-loader\codes\GALE01.txt

Then in CFG loader, click on Smash and then go to manage cheats and it should recognize it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hello, i have an idea to improve CPU spam code.

Is it possible to custom CPU spam input code ?

It could be something like that :

L+R+Dpad Up

then the next player 1 input will be the input that the cpu will start repeat

L+R+Dpad Up again to desactive.

I dont know if its possible. And if its possible i dont know if there is a way to record more than one input :/
Done. (I'm VERY proud of myself for this one, it's really nice!)
i would kill for a code which made CPUs mash jump (esp out of hitstun)

awesome work, guys :)
Done.
Is there a way to make a cpu fox u-throw u-air? It'd be a good way to practice smash DI
Done. (Also really proud of this one - fox "intelligently" u-throw --> u-airs, not just doing it in the same place everytime)

These all need a few finishing touches and then will be released in the next huge update. If it doesn't happen this week (probably won't because this is my finals week), then look for it next week. There lots more stuff and all the in-game toggles on the first page have already been converted to ASM code and will be made into DOL mods!
I have a question would it be possible to make a code for spamming Dairs? Specifically Falco's? I'm trying to work on my parrying but I have no options
This is the next thing I want to work on - Falco/Fox shield pressuring a human. Might get rather involved but I'm confident it can be done. This might be the last *new* thing I do before the release.

Last edited:

SuperUltraDX

Smash Rookie
I'm so happy you took up the DOL mods Achilles :grin:. I'm looking forward to those.

Btw, are you running out of free space on the DOL? What will you do about that?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm so happy you took up the DOL mods Achilles :grin:. I'm looking forward to those.

Btw, are you running out of free space on the DOL? What will you do about that?
As of now, I am not running out of space in the DOL. I don't think this will happen in the near future, and I am doing my best to condense the codes as much as possible.

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Using DML ver. 2.10 to boot from an SD card, I have some codes working and a few with some weird issues. I'm guessing there are some conflicting in odd ways, so maybe you can point me in the right direction for what I should disable to make this work (I have some codes from IE in that main .txt you posted that contains almost all codes enabled, for example, that I guess may conflict with stuff in some odd ways?).

Here's a link to my .gct and the corresponding .txt file of the codes I've enabled: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jksvfrezz41oiij/.txt_and_.gct_code_files.rar

Weirdly, while the boot to character select works, as does the unlock everything, the game always starts like nothing is unlocked until I reload the character select screen, at which point everything shows up. Also, when I have my actual memory card inserted, it does not take priority over the unlocks, so that I always have to reenter names and such as if no memory card is ever inserted. It would be doable to just remove the unlock ones and use my memory card, but if I can make it work so that I never need one inserted I would prefer that (even though names would need to be reentered every time I guess).

Also, while most of the ingame codes work, and the boot to stage select works, I get strange issues with the ones that have CPUs do actions from character select, as well as the two CPU spam ones. The shield ones generally work, as far as I can tell, but sometimes will stop working after I hit the CPU iirc. Also, the infinite shield, bomb rain, consecutive hit timer, fixed camera, and 999% stamina ones work from what I can tell from my testing as of now.

As for the projectile spam, it actually doesn't work at all, though when I enable it and exit out the slider is gone as it should be were it working right. A few times, I've managed to get the computer to spam a couple lasers, but after a handful of them it just stops doing everything and acts as a regular human player (whether a P2 controller is plugged in or not). Sometimes it simply does nothing at all. Also, after removing this code, the regular cpu becomes a human also from what I can tell, and doesn't really fight at all (sometimes it will roll and spam stuff in place weirdly, then stop if it hits me or I hit it, or after a little while....seems unpredictable).

The Utilt/Dsmash spams don't work either, it will spam it a few times, and then stop after it hits or is hit most of the time. Sometimes it will even randomly toss Dsmashes in there when I only enable the Utilt one (I made sure only that one was enabled, of course).

I don't really understand some of these issues at all, so maybe if you get a chance you could let me know what codes that I have enabled aside from the ones you've made in this thread could be causing conflicts or such strange problems.

Thanks for your work by the way, I immensely appreciate the work you've put into this, deeeefinitely the future of solo training (and certainly makes solo training way more worthwhile and productive)!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Achilles, thank you SO SO SO much for these. I just got them working last night and I couldn't be happier. Glad my practice can seem a little less mundane now.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Would it be possible to make a counter (similar to the combo counter) for b presses during down-b recovery for Mario Bros. or IC's spin recovery?
yeah, this is probably possible. But I'm personally not going to work on such a code for the time being. There are more important ones that need to be done. Not a bad idea though.
Using DML ver. 2.10 to boot from an SD card, I have some codes working and a few with some weird issues. I'm guessing there are some conflicting in odd ways, so maybe you can point me in the right direction for what I should disable to make this work (I have some codes from IE in that main .txt you posted that contains almost all codes enabled, for example, that I guess may conflict with stuff in some odd ways?).

Here's a link to my .gct and the corresponding .txt file of the codes I've enabled: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jksvfrezz41oiij/.txt_and_.gct_code_files.rar

Weirdly, while the boot to character select works, as does the unlock everything, the game always starts like nothing is unlocked until I reload the character select screen, at which point everything shows up. Also, when I have my actual memory card inserted, it does not take priority over the unlocks, so that I always have to reenter names and such as if no memory card is ever inserted. It would be doable to just remove the unlock ones and use my memory card, but if I can make it work so that I never need one inserted I would prefer that (even though names would need to be reentered every time I guess).

Also, while most of the ingame codes work, and the boot to stage select works, I get strange issues with the ones that have CPUs do actions from character select, as well as the two CPU spam ones. The shield ones generally work, as far as I can tell, but sometimes will stop working after I hit the CPU iirc. Also, the infinite shield, bomb rain, consecutive hit timer, fixed camera, and 999% stamina ones work from what I can tell from my testing as of now.

As for the projectile spam, it actually doesn't work at all, though when I enable it and exit out the slider is gone as it should be were it working right. A few times, I've managed to get the computer to spam a couple lasers, but after a handful of them it just stops doing everything and acts as a regular human player (whether a P2 controller is plugged in or not). Sometimes it simply does nothing at all. Also, after removing this code, the regular cpu becomes a human also from what I can tell, and doesn't really fight at all (sometimes it will roll and spam stuff in place weirdly, then stop if it hits me or I hit it, or after a little while....seems unpredictable).

The Utilt/Dsmash spams don't work either, it will spam it a few times, and then stop after it hits or is hit most of the time. Sometimes it will even randomly toss Dsmashes in there when I only enable the Utilt one (I made sure only that one was enabled, of course).

I don't really understand some of these issues at all, so maybe if you get a chance you could let me know what codes that I have enabled aside from the ones you've made in this thread could be causing conflicts or such strange problems.

Thanks for your work by the way, I immensely appreciate the work you've put into this, deeeefinitely the future of solo training (and certainly makes solo training way more worthwhile and productive)!
The boot to character select screen is somewhat broken, per se, as it bypasses the function for loading the memory card data. Interestingly enough, I have the boot to char select screen code enabled, unlock all chars code enabled, and unlock all chars DOL mod on my disc and when it boots to the char select screen all the characters are unlocked and shown.

The projectile spam problems you are having are really odd. I've never heard of those issues. I glanced over the text file and the code looks right...so I don't really know what to tell you. Try activating the code with all three computers (p2, p3 & p4) present and see if they all act weird. I'll be releasing a new code soon that makes this one quite obsolete.

Achilles, thank you SO SO SO much for these. I just got them working last night and I couldn't be happier. Glad my practice can seem a little less mundane now.
Good to know you got everything working! Happy training and stay tuned for updates

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
The boot to character select screen is somewhat broken, per se, as it bypasses the function for loading the memory card data. Interestingly enough, I have the boot to char select screen code enabled, unlock all chars code enabled, and unlock all chars DOL mod on my disc and when it boots to the char select screen all the characters are unlocked and shown.

The projectile spam problems you are having are really odd. I've never heard of those issues. I glanced over the text file and the code looks right...so I don't really know what to tell you. Try activating the code with all three computers (p2, p3 & p4) present and see if they all act weird. I'll be releasing a new code soon that makes this one quite obsolete.
Okay, thank you! I guess I'll just take out the boot to character select for now then, at least x.x

And yeah, I'll try that out; if it's still wonky, I'll just wait until your update :D

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Do I need a SD card big enough to contain the game iso?
yes, if you are planning on running the game off the SD card (which I recommend but it isn't totally necessary). It just needs to be bigger than 2GB and have a high class number, which relates to speed. So preferably a Class 10. I know I've posted this at some point in this thread, but this is the SD card that I use.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Was bored today and made some codes for version 1.2 training mode. In order to activate these codes set the CPU to the appropriate setting close the training mode menu, reopen it and close it again. Doing this once will just set the CPU to the original setting of the training menu.
Code:
+$CPU spams down-b when set to Attack
20473a00 00000004
20479d68 00000000
04473a00 0000000B
E2000002 80008000
$CPU always runs to Evade, never jumps, sometimes attacks.
20473a00 00000002
20479d68 00000000
04473a00 00000007
E2000002 80008000
$CPU follows you when set to walk, sometimes attacks when close.
20473a00 00000001
20479d68 00000000
04473a00 0000000E
E2000002 80008000
$CPU short hops toward you when set to jump, ocassionally attacks.
20473a00 00000003
20479d68 00000000
04473a00 00000010
E2000002 80008000

Last edited:

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
After an embarrassingly long setup I got two codes to work. I haven't tried any more yet cause I am tired. One problem! After a successful boot to character select screen I found that nothing was unlocked. Those were the only two codes I was trying at this point. In frustration I played a game which upon ending unlocked all characters and stages! Has anyone else had this issue?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
After an embarrassingly long setup I got two codes to work. I haven't tried any more yet cause I am tired. One problem! After a successful boot to character select screen I found that nothing was unlocked. Those were the only two codes I was trying at this point. In frustration I played a game which upon ending unlocked all characters and stages! Has anyone else had this issue?
I had this problem for a solid hour. It happened when I tried adding more codes than I previously had, I had a .GCT that was 2.00 KB and worked but for some reason my 2.39 KB and 2.70 KB would load that same character select screen and unlock stuff AFTER a match.

The solution for me was running it all off an SD card. USB seems to be able to handle less codes. If it's still an issue, knocking off a code or two at a time seems to also fix it. I was frustrated for a good bit with this issue.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
The solution for me was running it all off an SD card. USB seems to be able to handle less codes. If it's still an issue, knocking off a code or two at a time seems to also fix it. I was frustrated for a good bit with this issue.
Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running it off SD with DML and DMB. 2 codes only :/ iso version matches the codes

update: While carrying over code from a previous game sometimes this comes up instead of stage select
(upside down cause lazy) edit: I'm almost positive that hold shield code is responsible in some way.

I did a fresh install of everything and this still is an issue which I'm fine living with for now but I'd rather not have to reset/power after only one game.

Last edited:

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I still wanna throw money at you and IE. Looking through the other thread a lot of this stuff was brought up by people years back but IE didn't want to at the time. I'm enjoying what I can get to work thoroughly.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running it off SD with DML and DMB. 2 codes only :/ iso version matches the codes

update: While carrying over code from a previous game sometimes this comes up instead of stage select
(upside down cause lazy)

I did a fresh install of everything and this still is an issue which I'm fine living with for now but I'd rather not have to reset/power after only one game.
Now that you mention it, I've been having this problem too but I'm used to having to restart my Wii so I kinda just forgot about it.

The codes I have on are:
Turn White on Shield Stun
Infinite Shields
CPU Hold Shield
Force Stage Selection
Game Timer Combo Counter (I never turn it on)

So it's one of those codes. My best guess is it's the CPU hold Shield code. I haven't done any real testing to see if it is though.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm not really sure. Honestly that happens to me every so often but that's because I'm still learning how the character select screen codes work and sometimes I think I activate more than one/two and then try and start the game (derp)

I don't remember changing any thing specific, I just kept trying combinations of codes/.GCTs until it all loaded properly.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Can someone port the spam action codes over to 1.00? I desperately want to make use of them ._.;

Sanu

Smash Champion
Or if you could get Neogamma to load any GCT file, regardless of number of code or filesize, that'd be amazing.

The curse of being stuck with a 1.00 retail disc x.x

Almost tempted to just buy 1.02 <-<

D

Deleted member

Can you please add a code to show overlapping collision bubbles on Nana? It would be very helpful for me.

Bearedman8

Smash Cadet
I'm completely lost and desperately need help. I've been trying to get things working for ages now and want to start fresh, so I'm going to wipe my SD card. Can anyone walk me through how to download the hacks? I've read the sticky'd thread on Melee Gecko Codes but my university blocks my wii's internet access, so I can't do steps 2 and 3 from that guide.

I'm running Melee on my Wii, and I have the Homebrew channel installed. I've got a 2 GB SD card, and I'm wiping it so that I can try to start fresh on all of this. What all do I need to download/do in order to run these hacks? Thank you so much!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
See post #214 about this.

I've been thinking about opening a donation link, but idk... still debating it. Maybe once I release the new stuff.

Also, idk about the Stage Select Screen problem. Thats weird, and its never happened to me. And yeah...it could be the CPU hold shield code I guess. But anyway, my new hacks should fix it. Sorry about this - thats an annoying problem.
Can someone port the spam action codes over to 1.00? I desperately want to make use of them ._.;
The spam CPU codes are very preliminary and they've change a lot with these new codes that I've been writing. When I release the new codes, they will be for 1.02 and conversions may take some time to get to 1.00 (especially because PAL will be more important than 1.00). I would look into getting an SD card and booting a 1.02 ISO off that, especially because the new codes will have a significant amount of DOL mods, in which you will need an ISO to add such.

So I never really thought about it this way, but the upcoming hacks will likely make booting from a disc no longer an option.
Can you please add a code to show overlapping collision bubbles on Nana? It would be very helpful for me.
Man...Nana really is a bi**ch. I looked into this today and modified the new ASM code for collision bubbles to include changes on Nana as well. I thought this was going to be easier than it really was. It took me awhile to find an efficient way to do this with adding the least amount of lines as possible (to my knowledge). But anyway, yeah...it's included now. Will be released with other stuff soon.

I'm completely lost and desperately need help. I've been trying to get things working for ages now and want to start fresh, so I'm going to wipe my SD card. Can anyone walk me through how to download the hacks? I've read the sticky'd thread on Melee Gecko Codes but my university blocks my wii's internet access, so I can't do steps 2 and 3 from that guide.

I'm running Melee on my Wii, and I have the Homebrew channel installed. I've got a 2 GB SD card, and I'm wiping it so that I can try to start fresh on all of this. What all do I need to download/do in order to run these hacks? Thank you so much!
I would read the "unofficial guide" that is at the end of the original post. Also, I would look into booting the ISO from your SD card (theres a good chance your SD card isn't fast enough to run an ISO off of it btw, so you might need to get a new one)

[General]
I had a very busy weekend attending a wedding in North Carolina. Had tons of fun, but no smash fun. Back at hacking now -

Last edited:

Bearedman8

Smash Cadet
See post #214 about this.

I've been thinking about opening a donation link, but idk... still debating it. Maybe once I release the new stuff.

Also, idk about the Stage Select Screen problem. Thats weird, and its never happened to me. And yeah...it could be the CPU hold shield code I guess. But anyway, my new hacks should fix it. Sorry about this - thats an annoying problem.

The spam CPU codes are very preliminary and they've change a lot with these new codes that I've been writing. When I release the new codes, they will be for 1.02 and conversions may take some time to get to 1.00 (especially because PAL will be more important than 1.00). I would look into getting an SD card and booting a 1.02 ISO off that, especially because the new codes will have a significant amount of DOL mods, in which you will need an ISO to add such.

So I never really thought about it this way, but the upcoming hacks will likely make booting from a disc no longer an option.

Man...Nana really is a bi**ch. I looked into this today and modified the new ASM code for collision bubbles to include changes on Nana as well. I thought this was going to be easier than it really was. It took me awhile to find an efficient way to do this with adding the least amount of lines as possible (to my knowledge). But anyway, yeah...it's included now. Will be released with other stuff soon.

I would read the "unofficial guide" that is at the end of the original post. Also, I would look into booting the ISO from your SD card (theres a good chance your SD card isn't fast enough to run an ISO off of it btw, so you might need to get a new one)

[General]
I had a very busy weekend attending a wedding in North Carolina. Had tons of fun, but no smash fun. Back at hacking now -
Thank you for your response! I've been following both your unofficial guide and the guide in the Melee Gecko Codes sticky, but I still haven't been able to get things working. I got a new 8GB SD Card today and tried to run things, but still haven't had any success. I've been fiddling with things throughout the day and I feel like I am very close to finding a solution. Here's what I'm doing and the problem that I'm having:

Load Homebrew Channel -> Launch DIOS-MIOS Booter. Move down to "Super Smash Bros Melee (ISO)". When I click B on this to go to the options menu, here are the options: Boot method: New (DM 2.1+),

Language: Wii,

Video Mode: Auto,

Booter Drive Reset: Off,

NTSC-J Patch: No,

Video Patching: Auto,

Cheats: On

Debugger: Off

Wait for Debugger: Off

NMM: Off

NMM Debug: Off

Activity LED: Off

Pad Hook: Off

No Disc: On

Widescreen (DM 2.1+): Off

Then I click B again to return to the main menu. I'll click on "Super Smash Bros Melee (ISO)" with these options and the splash(?) screen will come up. After the splash screen disappears, however, the screen stays black and doesn't load the game. When I try to load it any other way, the cheats don't come up, so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? My SD card is using FAT32 with 32 KB. The things that I have on the root my SD card are: apps, dm_booter, games, GeckoOSmod, Ocarina Code Manager, wad, and IOS36-64-v3351.wad.

TL;DR: Black screen when trying to run DIOS MIOS. Any help?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thank you for your response! I've been following both your unofficial guide and the guide in the Melee Gecko Codes sticky, but I still haven't been able to get things working. I got a new 8GB SD Card today and tried to run things, but still haven't had any success. I've been fiddling with things throughout the day and I feel like I am very close to finding a solution. Here's what I'm doing and the problem that I'm having:

Load Homebrew Channel -> Launch DIOS-MIOS Booter. Move down to "Super Smash Bros Melee (ISO)". When I click B on this to go to the options menu, here are the options: Boot method: New (DM 2.1+),

Language: Wii,

Video Mode: Auto,

Booter Drive Reset: Off,

NTSC-J Patch: No,

Video Patching: Auto,

Cheats: On

Debugger: Off

Wait for Debugger: Off

NMM: Off

NMM Debug: Off

Activity LED: Off

Pad Hook: Off

No Disc: On

Widescreen (DM 2.1+): Off

Then I click B again to return to the main menu. I'll click on "Super Smash Bros Melee (ISO)" with these options and the splash(?) screen will come up. After the splash screen disappears, however, the screen stays black and doesn't load the game. When I try to load it any other way, the cheats don't come up, so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? My SD card is using FAT32 with 32 KB. The things that I have on the root my SD card are: apps, dm_booter, games, GeckoOSmod, Ocarina Code Manager, wad, and IOS36-64-v3351.wad.

TL;DR: Black screen when trying to run DIOS MIOS. Any help?
So you can successfully boot the game from the SD card when you don't apply cheats? Maybe try using CFG Loader - that's what I use now. I followed nqztv's instructions (one of the first couple comments on this thread) and just put the codes on a .txt file and have CFG Loader make the .gct for me.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
My Wii has started acting up out of nowhere. When I choose to load through SD via Dios Mios as usual.. it just loads the game I have acting as dummy in the disk slot (metroid prime) I've tried changing settings everywhere and it does this 100% of the time now. Any help? =D Thanks in advance.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
My Wii has started acting up out of nowhere. When I choose to load through SD via Dios Mios as usual.. it just loads the game I have acting as dummy in the disk slot (metroid prime) I've tried changing settings everywhere and it does this 100% of the time now. Any help? =D Thanks in advance.
Are you using Dios Mios Booter for the launcher? And are you clicking on the Super Smash ISO and then it loads Metroid Prime, or is the Super Smash ISO totally gone from the list? You could try using CFG Loader (what I switched to). Nqztv gives instructions here

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'll try that. I'm definitely selecting the Melee ISO which is on the SD list in Dios Mios. Yeah, I'm using the booter. Just don't see what changed lol, but I'll give that a try and post a little later. Thanks Achilles!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'll try that. I'm definitely selecting the Melee ISO which is on the SD list in Dios Mios. Yeah, I'm using the booter. Just don't see what changed lol, but I'll give that a try and post a little later. Thanks Achilles!
That's weird. I had a problem with Dios Mios Booter once and my ISO just completely disappeared from the list even though it was on my SD card. I never figured out a solution to the problem so I just switched to CFG Loader without any problems. It's really nice because you can create your .gct inside CFG Loader with a simple .txt file.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
i use cfg usb loader, its amazing. w/ DML, i can put melee on the sd card, and create GCT files on the fly just using the .TXT file.

so gdlk

Top Bottom