• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

D

Deleted member

Hey so I can't start a game as anything but 4 stocks and 8 minutes. I want to set it to unlimited time so I can practice ****

is this intentional or something?

D

Deleted member

I can't start it as anything besides 4 stocks and 8 minutes. Like when I change the ruleset to be unlimited time, it'll still be 4 stocks and 8 minutes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I can't start it as anything besides 4 stocks and 8 minutes. Like when I change the ruleset to be unlimited time, it'll still be 4 stocks and 8 minutes.
Odd. I think I've heard one other person say that. Are you sure you don't have any other cheats enabled? I can definitely change it on mine with no problems. If you are certain that you don't have any other cheats enabled or anything like that, then remake your ISO (specifically replacing your current DOL file with the one from the download pack).

Achilles1515

Smash Master
MnMaAll.usd

well that took longer than expected

Awesome. The changes have been made in the DOL already and it will be in the next update. Also, how hard would it be to make completely new text for those menus that looks original? (e.g. "Teleport Mode")

DOL changes:
0x229208 ---- 3800002A --> 3800001B (changing Fixed Camera Mode to Tournament Mode)
0x229224 ---- 3800001B --> 3800002C (reverting Single Button Mode from Tournament Mode back to Single Button Mode)

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hey so I can't start a game as anything but 4 stocks and 8 minutes. I want to set it to unlimited time so I can practice ****

is this intentional or something?
Turn off Global Melee Netplay Settings.

Since they're both GALE01, Dolphin will use the same settings for 20XX and normal Melee.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. The changes have been made in the DOL already and it will be in the next update. Also, how hard would it be to make completely new text for those menus that looks original? (e.g. "Teleport Mode")
It wouldn't be much trouble for me to do those so send me some requests and I'll do my best.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Bug report.

I've been happily using 3.0 on Dolphin (haven't had a chance to test on USB yet), and Blue PS works just fine.
However, I was messing around with the debug toggles today, and it seems like the toggles stop working after the first time. To elaborate, all of the toggles I turned on before the first match will be permanently active, whether or not they're currently on in the Debug Menu.
Stopping and relaunching 20XX does load the toggles as I last put them, so there's a workaround at least.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
If the SDR debug toggle becomes a thing, it might be better to have it default to on when first downloaded to give it a little push rather than default to off. It's pretty subtle but might make a small difference.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Bug report.

I've been happily using 3.0 on Dolphin (haven't had a chance to test on USB yet), and Blue PS works just fine.
However, I was messing around with the debug toggles today, and it seems like the toggles stop working after the first time. To elaborate, all of the toggles I turned on before the first match will be permanently active, whether or not they're currently on in the Debug Menu.
Stopping and relaunching 20XX does load the toggles as I last put them, so there's a workaround at least.
That's why I made the little disclaimer underneath the 3.0 download link saying some things don't work with Dolphin.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
If the SDR debug toggle becomes a thing, it might be better to have it default to on when first downloaded to give it a little push rather than default to off. It's pretty subtle but might make a small difference.
This is precisely why it should be left OFF by default. I'm absolutely certain someone will accidentally run a tournament with SDR changes enabled.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is precisely why it should be left OFF by default. I'm absolutely certain someone will accidentally run a tournament with SDR changes enabled.
Yes, I would definitely not have it on by default.

But really, I would want them to be toggleable on the CSS (or something of the sort) so you can play NTSC vs SDR if you wanted.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I want the original texture vs. the alternate costumes.

First, I think a cheat of "Enable select the same costume" is needed at least.
(there's a glitch for the same color match, but it's too much trouble)

And if this cheat will be realized, can we use the original vs alternated?

I think toggles for alternate costume or PAL chatacters will affect all players.
So another cheat will be needed for the original vs alternated, I think.
if L/R/Z-button toggles on CSS is separated for each player, it would be much greater.

Last edited:

sadistic

Smash Cadet
This is probably a dumb question, but would I be able to load this onto a Wii U?

hoopie

Smash Rookie
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
After adding my own .hps files, (initially only replacing the ones strictly for stages), i seem to have lost some restrictions with the random music feature of the pack. When turned on, the game will play any music files, not limited to stage music, but also victory, starman, and hammer jingles.

I also replaced the .mth files with copies of the smallest .mth file, and the swm_15min.hps with the smallest .hps file in order to make room for the stage .hps files.

Any idea what I could have done wrong to lose the restriction of only playing stage .hps files?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I want the original texture vs. the alternate costumes.

First, I think a cheat of "Enable select the same costume" is needed at least.
(there's a glitch for the same color match, but it's too much trouble)

And if this cheat will be realized, can we use the original vs alternated?

I think toggles for alternate costume or PAL chatacters will affect all players.
So another cheat will be needed for the original vs alternated, I think.
if L/R/Z-button toggles on CSS is separated for each player, it would be much greater.
I can't do this.

There is the line of code that represents the letters PlFxNr.dat, which tells the game to load that files for normal fox. Well I change that when an alt costume is selected to TyRoyR.dat so that it loads that file instead. So I can only tell it to load two different files for one character, at one time.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I can't do this.

There is the line of code that represents the letters PlFxNr.dat, which tells the game to load that files for normal fox. Well I change that when an alt costume is selected to TyRoyR.dat so that it loads that file instead. So I can only tell it to load two different files for one character, at one time.
It is as I thought... Okay, dittos of NTSC and PAL is the same, right?
Thank you for your answer :)

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
www. youtube.com/watch?v=RT-jwxqCrz0
Odd glitch which I think is caused somehow by downthrowing Captain Falcon on the edge of YS while grabbing the boomerang. I think this is only possible within the 20XX hack pack tho. Any idea why, Achilles? XD

Achilles1515

Smash Master
www. youtube.com/watch?v=RT-jwxqCrz0
Odd glitch which I think is caused somehow by downthrowing Captain Falcon on the edge of YS while grabbing the boomerang. I think this is only possible within the 20XX hack pack tho. Any idea why, Achilles? XD
Yes. I f***ed up the code for link' ssuper boomerang jump (which works, but with other negative side effects). If you turn the toggle off in the debug menu, everything should be normal.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Hey achilles did you see my post about the % updates on the frame counter?

Also, there are certain aspects of certain stages that are perfect for practicing certain tech, but can only be practiced on one side because the stages aren't symmetrical... Like certain ledges or walls or slopes etc are perfect but can only be practiced when facing one direction. Would it be possible to horizontally invert the screen and then invert the horizontal axis for control stick and C-stick inputs? That way you could just press a button to invert everything and have it play normally?

Also the timer as a consecutive hit counter is cool, could we also have an option for the timer showing p1 character lag? That way if you are in hitstun, or lag from grabbing the ledge etc it will count down the frames until you are capable of acting. I think that knowing the frames is amazing, but the second part is if you have a counter that helps you time it frame perfect by visually seeing the convergence point between not able to act and able to act.

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
But really, I would want them to be toggleable on the CSS (or something of the sort) so you can play NTSC vs SDR if you wanted.
This sounds like the best idea!

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is it possible to entirely switch two characters? So like if you select Marth on the CSS, when the game starts you're Falco, and if you select Falco on the CSS, you're Marth? If yes, could you do only half of that, so if you select either Marth or Falco on the CSS, when the game loads, you're Falco?

Firejew

Smash Cadet
Loading 20XX from a USB via USB Loader GX, using a 32GB sandisk cruzer and using DM's latest loading option (the one with the +). Everything works except for red Falcon alt and both of my pokemon stadiums are green.
Shall try Nintendont later in the week to see if anything changes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

After adding my own .hps files, (initially only replacing the ones strictly for stages), i seem to have lost some restrictions with the random music feature of the pack. When turned on, the game will play any music files, not limited to stage music, but also victory, starman, and hammer jingles.

I also replaced the .mth files with copies of the smallest .mth file, and the swm_15min.hps with the smallest .hps file in order to make room for the stage .hps files.

Any idea what I could have done wrong to lose the restriction of only playing stage .hps files?
I’m very confused by this. I have no idea how that could be happening because all the Random Stage Music code looks at are stage song ID values…and it seems like these song IDs are being changed on your setup??? I guess that makes me think that the song IDs are somehow correlated to file size or something, but I HIGHLY doubt that is the case. Is it happening on Dolphin and on console (specifically interested in if it happens for Dolphin)? If you want to upload your ISO, don’t PM me a link and I won’t check and see if I can find out what the problem is.

It is as I thought... Okay, dittos of NTSC and PAL is the same, right?

Thank you for your answer
Yes. It works off the same principle.

Is it possible to entirely switch two characters? So like if you select Marth on the CSS, when the game starts you're Falco, and if you select Falco on the CSS, you're Marth? If yes, could you do only half of that, so if you select either Marth or Falco on the CSS, when the game loads, you're Falco?
Yes, this is possible. This is exactly what the code for extra characters (wireframes, giga bowz, etc.) does. But I can change it to any character I wanted and have them replace any character. I also found out how to disable characters on the CSS so when you try to select them, nothing happens.

Falco Replaces Marth [Achilles]
043F0DA8 13140200

Is this what you were looking for? And why do you want to do this?

Other Notes:

In the above code, if you change 13140200 to 13140000 then Marth is unselectable. 09090200 is the default value at this memory address btw.

0x09 = [External] Character ID of Marth.
0x14 = [External] Character ID of Falco.

So @ memory address 803F0DA8 (which is specifically for choosing Marth on the CSS, other characters are close by),

The value is XXYYZZ00.

XX = [External] Character ID of what CSP will be shown.
YY = [External] Character ID of what character will actually be in the match when chosen.
ZZ = Unlocked value. 00=locked, 02=unlocked

I really haven’t tested much other than the first two bytes so ZZ and the last byte may have more functionality that I don’t know of at the moment.

The 0x13 byte in the Falco code comes from (14 minus 1), because Sheik’s ID is 0x13 (lower than Falco’s), but she does have CSPs available so Sheik is ignored in the first byte and every character after her is shifted down one.

[COLLAPSE=”Character IDs”]

Code:
Captain Falcon . 00

Donkey Kong .... 01

Fox ............ 02

Game & Watch ... 03

Kirby .......... 04

Bowser ......... 05

Link ........... 06

Luigi .......... 07

Mario .......... 08

Marth .......... 09

Mewtwo ......... 0A

Ness ........... 0B

Peach .......... 0C

Pikachu ........ 0D

Ice Climbers ... 0E

Jigglypuff ..... 0F

Samus .......... 10

Yoshi .......... 11

Zelda .......... 12

Sheik .......... 13

Falco .......... 14

Young Link ..... 15

Dr Mario ....... 16

Roy ............ 17

Pichu .......... 18

Ganondorf ...... 19

Master Hand .... 1A

M Wireframe .... 1B

F Wireframe .... 1C

Giga Bowser .... 1D

Crazy Hand ..... 1E

Sandbag ........ 1F

Popo ........ 20
[/COLLAPSE]

So yeah…you can mix and match and do whatever with this. Like I said, this is how my Extra Characters code works. All I do (after monitoring controller inputs and what not) is switch the second byte for a character’s CSS options to the ID for wireframe/giga bowser/popo/sheik. I have a feeling memory addresses in this area have a lot of other functionality/uses but I just haven’t gotten around to fiddling with more things.

@ Cyjorg Cyjorg , you might enjoy this info.

EDIT: I think the float values directly underneath each player's CSS info correspond to what areas of the screen will select this character when you are moving your token around.
"Bug" report

Sometimes CPUs will airdodge when they are way off stage.
This has been an issue for a while now. I’m hoping this gets ironed out when I eventually rewrite the P2 action codes.

@ Acryte Acryte , I’ll try and respond to your comments later today.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Absolutely amazing work on the latest patch Archilles! The biggest thing for me was the PAL toggle. It's so incredibly helpfull! Thank you!
Another thing I enjoyed alot was the custom Battle Field. I personally have flipped the platform heights so the middle is low and side platforms are high (could be tournament legal?)

I have a few suggestions:
Enabling PAL toggle for practice mode!
Enable selecting PAL for the cpu, in general, without selecting it as human first.

Continue to incrementally improve cpu AI and tech skill.
A few huge examples would be Fox/Falco using Fantasm to recover as well as Firefox/bird up and drop to ledge.
Marth stalling with side B aiming for upB sweet spot.
Luigi utilizing down B.
Samus using bomb jumps and air dodge grapple.
Wall Jump recoveries.
CPU using shield and OoS options.

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, thanks for your great contribution to the scene with the 20XX packs. I've enjoyed every release so far and am looking forward to many more!

I had a few ideas that I think would benefit future releases. My apologies if any of these are already included in the current release.

1. Disable D-Pad commands (Tournament/Nontraining Mode?)
-One of the problems that I've encountered when using the 20XX pack both in competitive and friendly play is when Samus players try to do the extended grapple. When the D-Pad commands are enabled, sometimes the Samus player trying to do the extended grapple will inadvertently activate something like save states or infinite shields. If possible, it'd be great to have the option to disable these commands in some way, perhaps via the debug menu.

EDIT: This is already a feature!

2. Taunt Canceling
-While not nearly as important as the first, I think having the option to enable taunt canceling via the debug menu (or having it enabled all the time) would be another entertaining addition to the 20XX pack, similar to the N-64 L canceling feature. I've gotten great feedback by including taunt canceling in my 20XX version, and as far as I know there are no competitive repercussions to including this feature.

2a. Universal Taunt Canceling
-With the current Gecko codes/DOL mod, only certain characters can successfully taunt cancel (I think). Other characters, like Fox, seem to perform a full stop before their taunt comes out and can't properly utilize the taunt canceling mechanic. I'm not sure if this is just a limitation on my part, though. If it's not, it would be great to have all characters be able to taunt cancel if you decided to include it in future 20XX releases.

As always, thanks for reading and keep up the great work Achilles!

Last edited:

HntrDrizzt

Smash Rookie
The old version of this was working fine for me, and I just updated to version 3.00 and dolphin now freezes every time I enter the splash screen (either through debug menu sending me there, or just navigating all the way back to this). I was hoping I could get some help figuring this problem out. Thanks.

CeLL

Smash Lord
The old version of this was working fine for me, and I just updated to version 3.00 and dolphin now freezes every time I enter the splash screen (either through debug menu sending me there, or just navigating all the way back to this). I was hoping I could get some help figuring this problem out. Thanks.
Important Note: Due to the way in which Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code, some of the new codes in 3.00 may not execute their purpose correctly in Dolphin. Everything will work on console, which is most important.

HntrDrizzt

Smash Rookie
Important Note: Due to the way in which Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code, some of the new codes in 3.00 may not execute their purpose correctly in Dolphin. Everything will work on console, which is most important.
So basically don't use the new version with dolphin?

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Achilles, thanks for your great contribution to the scene with the 20XX packs. I've enjoyed every release so far and am looking forward to many more!

I had a few ideas that I think would benefit future releases. My apologies if any of these are already included in the current release.

1. Disable D-Pad commands (Tournament/Nontraining Mode?)
-One of the problems that I've encountered when using the 20XX pack both in competitive and friendly play is when Samus players try to do the extended grapple. When the D-Pad commands are enabled, sometimes the Samus player trying to do the extended grapple will inadvertently activate something like save states or infinite shields. If possible, it'd be great to have the option to disable these commands in some way, perhaps via the debug menu.

2. Taunt Canceling
-While not nearly as important as the first, I think having the option to enable taunt canceling (or having it enabled all the time) would be another entertaining addition to the 20XX pack. I've gotten great feedback by including taunt canceling in my 20XX version, and as far as I know there are no competitive repercussions to including this feature.

2a. Universal Taunt Canceling
-With the current Gecko codes/DOL mod, only certain characters can successfully taunt cancel (I think). Other characters, like Fox, seem to perform a full stop before their taunt comes out and can't properly utilize the taunt canceling mechanic. I'm not sure if this is just a limitation on my part, though. If it's not, it would be great to have all characters be able to taunt cancel if you decided to include it in future 20XX releases.

As always, thanks for reading and keep up the great work Achilles!
There's an option in the new debug menu to turn off in game toggles. Also, I'm pretty sure Internet Explorer worked on the taunt cancel code. You'd be better off asking him.

HntrDrizzt

Smash Rookie
I use it with Dolphin just fine. I'd say there is something wrong with your ISO. I would try making it from scratch again.
Ok, I will try to build everything from scratch and see how it works. Thanks for all of the hard work on this. It has been extremely helpful to play with!

Top Bottom