• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Firejew

Smash Cadet
Any suggestions on how I can correct this? (ideally without getting rid of bootmii since useful)
Bootmii shouldn't have affected anything.
Things I would try:
0. Turn off debug menu toggles one by one until it's regular melee.
0.5: Check DiosMios boot options and mess with them.
1. New 20xx iso.
2. Reinstall DiosMios
3. ???
4. Setup everything from scratch again
As you can see, I'm not too knowledgeable on this subject.

Edit: After brief goggles I noticed that Bootmii's site says "it can be installed as an IOS OR in the wii's boot process". Perhaps this is the source of your issue? Although since you say Bootmii is useful, I'm assuming you have it installed to your boot2 and are using a gamecube controller to launch HBC.

Double Edit: Priiloader could have ****ed something, I don't know how it works or what it does to the Wii, but it does mention that the "simplest and safest way to remove preloader is to reinstall the System Menu using AnyRegion Changer or a WAD installer".

If I was me, and I am, I'd try the AnyRegion Changer and then use the HackMii installer to get BootMii.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
What values would I change with a hex editor and what would I change them to to make the default settings as follows:
Combotimer: 2
Flash no L: 2
Colors: 2

Everything else the same default.

Also how does one change your "write Achilles to the first name tag slot" code. (Change, not delete)

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait! I really hope we get more alt costumes, specially for the characters with more texture hacks like Fox, Captain Falcon, Marth, etc.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Can you have 2 of the same game on 1 USB in DIOS MIOS? I want to have one ISO for Smashfests and one for Tournies.
And also, what's the next update gonna have?

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's time to just scrap the OP if its giving you so many head aches. Link to like a google doc or something?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Last night I realized that turning off skip results screen would freeze the game after finishing/quitting a match and attempting to load the victory screen. The crappy thing about this problem was

1) This function was working fine in Dolphin, but not on the Wii.

2) The skip results toggle is not something I check every time I write a new code (and I always leave it on anyways), so I was unsure as to exactly when this issue began.

My immediate thought was, “okay, well I just restructured the entire debug menu and all the flag value locations for the codes, so I must have just messed up something while doing this.”

I was convinced this was the issue and spent at least 2 hours last night checking and changing some of the new code in an attempt to fix the problem. It finally dawned on me to just revert back to an older 2.07 version to see if the problem still existed…(duh!).

Long story short, I figured out the Neutral Start code was causing the issue. One of the injection points used gets executed at the start of the match (to change spawn locations) and during victory screen loading, the latter of which was unbeknownst to me because all of my testing with the Neutral Start was done with skip results on. The re-execution of code at this point is what was causing the freeze.

So I added in a line to the code to check if the victory screen was about to be loaded and if so, just branch to the end of the Neutral Start code and skip it all and only execute the default code line. Voila, no more freezing!

Talk about annoying though…console ONLY bugs are the most tedious to fix. And this is a good example of why I have a hard time giving a specific release date, because all “further progress on new codes” that I planned on making last night was completely thrown out the window. Nonetheless, some problems are fixed, which is definitely a good thing in the long run.

I did start working on some texture mods for the Stage Select Screen right before bed, because there will be quite a few additions in the new pack :)

ive been building a gecko codeset for perfect tournaments. thank god i found this post, explains why ive been getting crashes :p

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
dashdancedan, do you have an actual GC Action Replay or something? I don't know how to do the one button toggles that all these codes use (that seems to be a Gecko only codetype) but I could write you an AR code that uses Z+D-Pad Up to toggle it off, if that will work for you.

Edit:

Try this:
(1.02, Action Replay)
L+D-Pad Up Turns On CPU Holding Shield and Jump/Grab
Z+D-Pad Up Turns it Off

4A46B108 00000048
00480845 00000000
00480848 0000000C
0A46B108 00000018
00480848 00000000

I'm not on my desktop where I can actually test this code but I think it will work. When you turn it off, the P2 CPU might act like a human, but closing the port and opening it back up might alleviate that problem. Not sure exactly, but let me know if you get around to testing this.
I'm having some trouble inputting this code, my action replay keeps telling me that it is invalid data.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
See collapse box below.

The offsets he mentioned are not consistent with the 20XX Pack. In the 20XX dol, the Music Table starts at 0x2134. Find the Hex ID of a song you don't want and find the ID in the table. Replace that ID with a song that you like (and wouldn't mind hearing at a higher rate than others....technically).
[COLLAPSE="Music Table/ID's - Sham Rock"]
Code:
Music table/id´s

Since there is no simple coherent way to determine which songs would be legal to use in multiplayer,
I just wrote a table with legal ID´s into the main.dol @1560 (or 80004560). R19 points at some place
in this table and loads it into r26 at the end

Music ID´s
#     name                Hex id
0    Opening                6B
1    Princess Peach´s Castle        0A
2    Rainbow Cruise            76
3    Kongo Jungle            33
4    Jungle Japes            4D
5    Great Bay            36
6    Temple                79
7    Brinstar            D2
8    Brinstar Depths            50
9    Yoshi´s Story            D1
10    Yoshi´s Island            CF
11    Fountain of Dreams        49
12    Green Greens            38
13    Corneria            0E
14    Venom                c3
15    Pokemon Stadium            71
16    Poke Floats            74
17    Mute City             5D
18    Big Blue             07
19    Mother                 69
20    EarthBound            2E
21    Mushroom Kingdom        41
22    Mushroom Kingdom(Finale)    42
23    Mushroom KingdomII        43
24    Mushroom Kingdom(Finale)    44
25    Icicle Mountain            40
26    Flat Zone            2D
27    Kongo Jungle N64        65
28    Yoshi´s Island N64        67
29    Dream Land N64            66
30    Super Mario Bros.3        7B
31    Saria´s Theme            78
32    Battle Theme            70
33    Fire Emblem            05
34    Mach Rider            5C
35    Mother 2            6A
36    Dr.Mario            11
37    Balloon Fight            06
38    Mario´s Victory            25
39    DK´s Victory            1C
40    Zelda Team Victory        24
41    Samus´s Victory            28
42    Yoshi´s Victory            2C
43    Kirby´s Victory            23
44    Fox´s Victory            1F
45    Pokemon Victory            27
46    Capt. Falcon´s Victory        20
47    Ness´s Victory            26
48    Fire Emblem Team Victory    1D
49    Mr. Game & Watch´s Victory    1E
50    Ice Climbers´ Victory        22
51    Metal Battle            7F
52    Battlefield            80
53    Final Destination        7D
54    Menu 1                57
55    Menu 2                59
56    How to Play            3C
57    Targets!            89
58    Multi-Man Melee 1        3D
59    Multi-Man Melee 2        3E
60    All-Star Intro            04
61    Tournament 1            CD
62    Tournament 2            CE
63    Trophy                58
64    Classic Intro            45
65    Adventure Intro            46
66    Stage Clear 1            19
67    Stage Clear 2            1A
68    Continue            0D
69    Game Over            31
70    New Trophy!            85
71    Rare Trophy!            86
72    Challenger!            87
73    New Feature 1            82
74    New Feature 2            83
75    New Feature 3            84
76    Hammer                47
77    Starman                48
78    Warning Siren            7A
79    Ending                15

And original Music Table looks like this with proper hex ID's:

0506070a 0e112d2e
3336383d 3e404142
4344494d 505c5d65
6667696a 70717476
78797b7d 7f80c3cf
d1d2696A
[/COLLAPSE]
See this post for Sham Rock's full documentation of the code.

View attachment 25561
Thank you so much. Random music will be really cool now. There were just some songs that really ruined it as a whole and didn't sound like music you should fight to at all.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
Oops sorry. I did not look at that thoroughly. Yeah it should be an AR code...idk why it's not working though. I don't use AR anymore.
can you point me in the direction for some actual AR codes that are helpful like this one was? I don't have any means of hacking a wii and AR is my only way to use cool codes like CPU OOS options like grab, or random techs/DI.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Download link for version 3.0 has been posted.

I am currently working on updating the description for the "Frame Counter" code, and I think that is the last one.

REVIEW EVERYTHING ON THE FIRST PAGE AGAIN!

There are a significant amount of additions and the main post looks much better now.

Post with feedback!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
With feedback!!

The color changing FD gets me dizzy as cool as it is

So apparently there's an SDI practice code aey?

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Since you asked to review the first page, the link to your post on how to change the alternate costumes is outdated/unneeded, since you put the file names in the first post.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
With feedback!!

The color changing FD gets me dizzy as cool as it is

So apparently there's an SDI practice code aey?
Turn it off and make your own custom color for FD!

I haven't figured out the best way to practice SDI but the new code will help some. You can only move yourself around with SDI when frozen, it's quite interesting. Hopefully someone can find use for it (probably combine with predicatable attacks from the P2 Action toggles.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Since you asked to review the first page, the link to your post on how to change the alternate costumes is outdated/unneeded, since you put the file names in the first post.
Yes, I just need to write a few sentences saying that you can replace those files with other ones of the same costume type. Thanks.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
I could be wrong but I think the LowLandLions skin for CFalcon is missing. The PlCaRed.dat file is not in the .rar. When you select the red falcon alt it brings hes normal costume.

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
There is a file named PlCaRe.dat in the .rar. But not PlCaRed.dat as the main post states.

Top Bottom